Why did this happen Jow Forums?

What are the economic forces behind this spike? I have my theories, I want to see what Jow Forums says

Attached: D82EC69B-8C29-4E7B-B21F-21F11775BA1E.jpg (300x411, 17K)

Other urls found in this thread:

sacbee.com/news/politics-government/capitol-alert/article231840828.html
air.org/system/files/downloads/report/Delta-Cost-Trends-in-College Spending-January-2016.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Women going to college to get useless fucking degrees raises demand for college so the price rises. More than half of those in college are women.
Also student loans for idiot

So women and student loans stimulating demand at higher price points?

I vaguely remember the graph, but around 1970, actual learning and advancement critical thinking reversed. Move forward 40 years and you see uneducated people filling the roles of educators. It only follows they're financially uneducated.
>I need more money!
>We need top of the line computers b/c that salesman said so!
>Bigger buildings! We deserve it! We're smart!

Pulling out debt causes a bubble. The simple laws of supply and demand are cheated so to speak when you pull out loans on things. The adverse effects are now compounded because A. The student has a debt that is paid with interest and B. The price does not fall because there is still a propped up "demand" for said good or service.

If people stopped using credit and debt, things would actually be much cheaper. But no, people were sold and bought the idea that they could be anything and life requires little responsibility to be successful. By the time most find out this is a lie, they are already riddles with thousands upon possibly tens of thousands of dollars of debt. Hence forth these individuals are made slaves and are easily meldable.

I'd suggest checking out Jordan Peterson's 12 rules of life speech in which he speaks of the actual biochemical change which occurs to people who are basically at the bottom. There's much more to it but this is the basic concept of it.

Supply and demand. It's really that simple.

Attached: Historical_Average_SAT_Scores.png (800x556, 288K)

Colleges are extremely competitive and to stay on top of things you need to be constantly building new buildings, advertising to prospective students, hiring an associate diversity manager and a whole team of to stop depressed kids from whacking themselves.

It's not because they're greedy, hell, many colleges are running a deficit

Yes, that is what I’ve been thinking. By the government providing tens of thousands in student loans will artificially shift the demand curve far to the right increasing prices. As prices go up people demand more money from daddy government and the universities get to raise prices more and more as the government increases student aid more and more.

What is this??

The market dictates firm behavior. I care more about how the market influenced the prices.

Of course. It is that simple but obviously there is a lot of moving parts in supply and demand.

Wasn't it because useless courses were being added in order to get degrees?

Post 9/11 police state morphing into a SJW dystopia, radicalizing lefties in colleges for 8 years along with social media.

Attached: gg.png (500x319, 225K)

government loan guarantees and soft students needing plush accomodations

Yeah, bringing in people who aren’t fit for college so they can get semen useless degree certainly contributes to the rise in demand

Well from what I understand the government doesn't give out the loans the banks do. Sell an idea good enough and you can control a lot.

This idea however, was one of enslavement. Now the lenders have overinflated loans because of said high demand which were already inflated in the first place. Hence forth, they are quintessentially maximizing their profit in a compounded manner. I'm guessing there is a cut off somewhere but that's what they pay financial analysts for.

Plush accommodations?

Ok sure. The government passed laws facilitating the fed to give out loans but important distinction

dozens of comfort dildoes included with room that look like hotel

The government got involved and fucked things up like usual. They started giving grants to everyone to bridge the gap between those who could and couldn't afford school. Colleges in turn raised tuition. The government responded by backing and issuing student loans. Now that basically anyone could get a loan for any amount, colleges raised prices again and have steadily raised them for decades. Now, colleges are like miniature governments with bloated budgets and stupid spending projects and career academics who make way more money than they're worth.

Attached: 1563454633181.gif (333x281, 1.67M)

Indeed. Seems like you got it.

Edfag here. Massive increase in public support, the biggest one which is the government backed loans. Massive increase in scope of the college mission beyond research and education to act as a social welfare program. Entry level positions without a diploma, or college training program like a trade school completely saturated.

Article related. Some community colleges in california are now doubling as homeless shelters, with food banks and car camping areas..

sacbee.com/news/politics-government/capitol-alert/article231840828.html

Also don't underestimate the change in staffing. Administrative bloat is fucking out of control. The social welfare programs, the diversity departments, student services, the people who come up with the ideas for "safe spaces", and fluff the pillows, the administrators to run that, all that shit is up, and up huge.

air.org/system/files/downloads/report/Delta-Cost-Trends-in-College Spending-January-2016.pdf

There's also a lot more exploitation of a specific accounting trick at the private colleges. Say, Oberlin charges 52 THOUSAND a year. Then they say WE GIVE YOU A SCHOLARSHIP! 20 THOUSAND A YEAR! They get to count that 20 k as a donation, and drop taxes, ect ect.

Colleges accepting gutter trash

Not really.

>instill the NEED for higher education.
>everyone wants it.
>limited number of seats/dorms on campuses.
>Universities raise their tuition costs.
>publishers follow suit and raise the price on education materials.
>everyone has a degree now, and apply for the same jobs.
>entrepreneurs realize they can pit potential employees against one another and lower wages drastically yet still get the same volume of applicants.
>people with $50,000 in debt now making McDonald's tier wages
>tradesmen with no debt making twice or three times this much.

Colleges were in a position of having a service everyone needs, that has consumer base (18 year olds) that basically don't care about cost, and the unlimited money through student loans.

It's only now that zoomers realize that getting a degree in queer literature is a bad idea and there's a market correction going on

Attached: 1520499521826.jpg (260x283, 10K)

Loans and grants available to everyone courtesy of the taxpayer, guaranteed by the government, with said loans being ineligible to be settled via bankruptcy. In other words, university can charge whatever they want, the customer will pay it regardless.

Indirectly. Total unit loads didn't increase significantly. The SJWs demanded new requirements, and they ALSO demanded the removal of other requirements. So, it's drop plato and the classics, add lesbian multicultural maoists. You still need the department and the faculty and the overhead to have a lesbian multicultral maoist department, as opposed to the english department.

Expansion of remedial classes and tutoring so your black graduation rates don't crash and cost you acredidation or a civil rights suit...

And when they said "college is for everyone" they fucking meant it. I saw outreach people push for populations with verified IQ's in the 80's and try to push them to fucking 4 year programs.

Trades aren't as good as many speak of. At least in my experience. They do generally pay better than your average warehouse job, but not by much.

Also
>flood market with overqualified desperate applicants
>lower wages drastically
Which might be what you're referring to but I've been up for a while so there's that.

Capitalists taking advantage of government being dumb.

it's an age old story.

juden

take meds

The capitalists aren't helping, but they're not the one who made the chancelor's office in this state have the same budget as three whole fuckign campuses with 100 thousand students.

Just lurk more user.

Right but you are also ignoring the feds involvement in artificially stimulating demand which increases price to which the fed artificially stimulates more demand

>Deep State/Military Industrial Complex funding of University research ceased after the end of the Cold War
>Boomer Academics took over from the Silent Generation academics and corporatised the University education because of the money grabbing kikes they are.

Affirmative action enrollment and loans for women/shitskins artificially increasing demand without them being accountable to be productive citizens on the back end. The college population is 2.5 times what it should be, at least.

>just get brainwashed user

>its that simple
Top tier economics lmao