Was Starship Troopers Red Pilled?

Was Starship Troopers Red Pilled?

Attached: 58D5DF1D-82E1-4B8B-8D13-752F1DDFD2BA.png (500x356, 99K)

yeah mostly, the book is kino but the filmy is campy garbage
>World wide semi-fascist govt
>Highly militaristic
>Still no chicks in combat rolls lol
>Restricted franchise
>No active personnel for fear of military junta
>Super prevalent death penalty
>Corperal punishment for days
>Birth licenses to dispense with the retards
fucking based lad

>film is campy garbage

Nah. It's very clever. In some ways that always, without a doubt
, go over the viewers head. For example; did you catch on to the fact that Rico is a psychic, being used by the super secret section of the military without him knowing it? If you didn't I highly recommend a rewatch with this in mind, as it is integral to the plot at several different times, but never openly stated. I always wonder how people failed to notice this fact since it is strongly hinted at that he is psycich in the beginning when he does the card test, and isn't out right told he is, and then later on it is the only thing that explains some plot developments. It can seem badly written or directed if the plot makes too many leaps at places, so I ascribe the fact that people don't appreciate the movie as much to the fact that they just didn't really pay attention to the small things that need piecing together.

Of course the movie is campy tho. Not gonna argue against that.

>fascism produced the most stable and happy society in history
>only downside is that a few idiots don't see through the propaganda and actually go fight the bugs

>only downside is that a few idiots don't see through the propaganda and actually go fight the bugs
>don't fight the bugs, wait for them to hurl a fucking meteorite at your country
Not fighting stopped being a choice when the bugs were no longer just spreading through planets outside the containment zone but rather bombarding the human homeworld in a direct act of agression.

well I meant more from an adaptation standpoint. it doesn't do the book justice as it was not really faithful to the themes or even trie dto explore them. I don't care much about the film itself.

The book was even more red pilled. The movie attempted to poke fun at right wing military dictatorship but failed.

I only noticed that when he feels his gf is in the cave to the right and alive. Pretty obvious, right? I can't remember any other hints though. Great movie, I've watched it at least 10 times.

congratulations. You are one of the idiots.

How are the bugs controlling meteroites? Have you watched them? It's like claiming that ant-hill over there is building a heat-seeking missile.

A meteroite hit a major city and they blamed the bugs like they do for everything.

The book is

You are a kike behind a proxy.

Yeah sure. I dont doubt it, but never actually read the books. Also the psychic plot stuff got scrapped from the later movies, probably because it wasn't picked up by the audience at all. Like. Go read any review. No one ever mentions it ever. To me it is very astonishing, as it is integral to the plot. It is how and why Rico is chosen for the squad he is. It's how and why they find the big larva thing (that's also psychic) etc.

Also, a fun fact. Michael ironside says in the movie scanners (a movie about psychics and telekinetic users or whatevs) "I'm gonna suck your brain dry". And in the starship troopers movie he has the line "he sucked his brains dry" when talking about the psychic larva.

>How are the bugs controlling meteroites? Have you watched them? It's like claiming that ant-hill over there is building a heat-seeking missile.
Did you not watch the big ass bugs that lauched fucking PLASMA DISCHARGES at the dropships? It is very foolish to presume they would not be able to lauch meteorites somehow using some sort of specialized bug.

Besides, it was well documented within the movie that bugs actively colonized outher planets by hurling their spores inside meteorites, it is the entire reason why those fucking things existed on more than a single planet.

And that is not even mentioning the fact these fucking things not only had psychic abilities but also were highly intelligent, as seen in the following movies.

They throw plasma at it. This is hinted during the attack on klendathu, when the plasma batteries were thought to be random and they are actually really accurate weapons that fuck up the fleet pretty badly.

Yeah that's one of the big ones I think. I cannot remember why, but I remember being certain that the whole thing was put together by the secret military (that their friend joined) so that Rico would find the larva that way. Like they organized her being taken or whatever happened. Can't remember any more since it's been so long, but without a doubt one of the things that no one ever talks about when the movie is mentioned.

Heinlein wrote is as an allegory about the Communist Chinese

verhoeven is an apolitical satirist, he writes shit you can analyze from both sides

Now that you mention it yeah there was some sort of secret tactic to find the brain bug and it is hinted at the end. I should watch it again.

>I cannot remember why
Their friend at the secret military literally told him he was guiding him much in the same way as he did to that monkey in the beggining of the movie.

The book was basically what if space rome beat up some hippie bug nerds by a wanna be military philosopher and the film was an extremely ham fisted satire of WW2 propaganda that was only loosely based on the book insomuch as it was an attempt to mock the assumed interests and mindset of the type of person who likely read the book.

Now the cartoon is the easiest way to induce a migraine trying to watch the shitty, dated CGI.

>Global military society
>Military stage an “alien bug people thread” by killing 8 million people in Argentina, just to play war
>send infantry troops even though you can just bomb the planets

It’s rather fascinating that everybody talks about the “fascist elements” and nobody speaks about the large government conspiracy in plain sight.

Attached: 2558EAE5-4C2D-42EF-8535-08897C049BD6.jpg (660x440, 265K)

>book
Accurate rendition of the system
>movie
government propaganda to fuel the cause