Anyone else just doesn't care about anything anymore? Anyone else just bored and passionless?

Anyone else just doesn't care about anything anymore? Anyone else just bored and passionless?

How do I stop being like this. I used to be different

Attached: 1425877355775.gif (320x240, 827K)

watch Dukes Of Hazzard reruns

Eliminate the numbing time wasting shit, the resulting boredom eventually boils over into doing something productive

the negative symptoms of schizophrenia are a real bummer. catatonia, anhedonia, apathy...

Do other things than lurking on pol.

I used to have a drive to do things, but not anymore. I'll admit I'm lazy - but I have a job and I have a life. I used to engage with people on here about deeper and philosophical topics, but not anymore. This is probably my first substantial post that I've made that isn't a purposeful shitpost.

I used to occupy myself with learning about philsophy, engaging in philosophical debates about God vs aetheism. I used to study up on history and really read up on politics. I used to read and write about politics and history and watch videos about it. I can't even force myself to do that anymore even though I still kind of want to. I really don't know what's wrong with me. I'm not depressed I don't think. I know what that's like.
I do drink a lot more than I used it

I also started drinking a lot more and similarly have gradually turned into more of a fat lazy bum

>I do drink a lot more than I used it
well that's probably mostly it then. dulling your mind, entering a stupor instead of being sober and sharp and bored, inspiring you to engage your mind more rather than disengage with alcohol. i'm not criticizing you, i do the same thing but smoking. the way i think of it is, these substances "dissolve" our perspectives, views, etc and so when we're constantly sober and deliberately remaining so, our perspective and views get solidified with confidence, with the confidence that comes from never having your pov dissolved, like a lot of people who have never used drugs or stop using, so there is more coherence in our thoughts, you can systems build in your mind, whereas (in my personal experience) getting altered by a drug dissolves any tight perspectives, casts tremendous doubt into the ego structure, and leaves you open minded, able to see all perspectives but not personally identifying with any of them, which might sound like some sort of graeco-buddhistic mental ideal, to abide in a conceptually loose perspectiveless egoless state, but it really zaps your life zest and enthusiasm for, you know, living. it's all well and good to withdraw into a stone buddha, but how will you spent the rest of your life? i struggle with this same issue, by dissolving all my perspectives so much, i have none, nor any permanent personality construct, so organizing my life as if i am one ego entity passing through time while remaining myself just doesn't make much sense for me, and i can't really commit to anything fully, and i seem to be always sort of re-ingesting myself, especially whenever i make the mistake of stating an opinion or view or whatever, it's as if it immediately becomes undone to show me the foolishness of clinging to anything.

that's where you and I differ. I know I as an entity exist, and I have beliefs and convictions. It's just I'm not as passionate about professing them as I used to be.

Yep. Same situation here, but I know what's causing it. Many years of abusing alcohol and other drugs fucked with my brain. Recently got diagnosed with a heart condition so I'm trying to quit the booze which results in being so apathetic that I can't even enjoy my hobbies anymore. But I take solace in the fact that this depression is just temporary while my brain adjusts to not being drunk or high 24/7.

are you under or over 30?

I'm nearing 27

what heart condition?
how old are you and how long have you abused alcohol for? And how frequently?
Sorry user, I want to know. Help me by answering so that I might compare myself and let it aid me in turning my life around. Thank you

Heart rhythm failures, it runs in the family. I'm 46 and have been drinking heavily for more than 10 years now (daily, up to 20 bottles of beer per day or 2 bottles of liquor). Seen all shit, including delirium tremens when I tried to stop - which is not fun, believe me. Alcohol is fun in moderation, but being addicted to it sucks a lot.

mate I'm just gonna say this now because I care for an user, please just stop drinking in excess. Seriously. I have a drinking problem, but not on your scale. You have to do it, and you have to try to quit. Just try going cold turkey for 1 month with the help of a close friend or someone you trust to keep an eye out for you. You might be taking it in stride but really it's not at all sustainable.

One day out of nowhere I just plain quit smoking cigarettes. I don't need to give you a life story, but I did it because I was stubborn and I knew it was a waste of money. I just quit and I know I made a solid impact on my health (despite other factors revolving around me). You may make the mistake in saying that just because I'm younger than you, or that I'm not you and don't know what you've been through - that I can never relate to how you feel. But really I do, and I have problems of my own. We all do. Please just consider it.

Sad Boyar is sad.

>please just stop drinking in excess
I already did, which resulted in the depression I mentioned. Cold turkey is not an option with alcohol as it will result in psychotic delirium, been there, done that. Also been to a bunch of rehab clinics the last couple years, but there they feed you with benzos so you're just replacing one addiction with another. So now I'm doing it at home and slowly weening myself off, drinking a bit less every day, and only when the shakes are starting. By the end of the month I should be "clean", at least that's the plan. Good luck with your own situation, user.

Just work out bro. Start eating healthy and find a nice hobby or an interesting topic to do in depth research. It’ll get better I’m sure

Thank you. You sound like you're well on your way as well, bit by bit and day by day. Stay true to yourself. Ask God to intervene for you. You seem to know what you're doing and how to get there - I wish you luck with your situation also

Strongly considering working out again. For me it's always been an on and off rotation: working out that is. I figure it's better to eventually find yourself on the 'on' side rather than the 'off' side

lift

Too old to fight anymore.
dealing with it by withdrawing.
In a year I'll be in the hills, raising goats, pigs, growing squash, cabbages, weed.
I'll likely be dead by the time shit truly hit's the fan, at least some of my family will have a decent place to withdraw to and weather it out.

Same. I worked years to get where I am career wise. I spent my entire 20’s being a wagie and devoting my life to my career. I am where I’ve planned on being, and I don’t care anymore.