Careers

I don't even know what to do with my life anymore, I want to start building wealth and increasing my income but feel stuck in the restaurant business.
>"learn a trade"
Except most trades, from the research I've done, don't pay more than $55-65k annually which just isn't enough to support a family in a good neighborhood. Some specialized trades pay more, but the hard part is getting your foot in the door anywhere when you're a poorfag just barely getting by and unable to afford trade school.
>"learn to code"
The last thing I want for my life is to sit in a cubicle all day slaving away for Mr. Cohen, but if it will make me enough money to support a family in a nice neighborhood, then I will do it, I don't care. My dad is a supply chain manager and makes really good money doing it and has been suggesting this to me. Then I hear that programming jobs are actually in decline and not what you should do.

What is the best career choice for a young white male in good physical health? I'm only 21 but feel a sense of urgency to start building wealth and thinking about careers which I've done none of.
Pic related is representative of my dream career: an underwater welder that doubles as a harpoon fisher. Repair a submarine and take my shark carcasses overseas to sell to chink markets.

Attached: DSC01559-300x200.jpg (300x200, 21K)

Other urls found in this thread:

glassdoor.com/Salaries/cobol-programmer-salary-SRCH_KO0,16.htm
twitter.com/AnonBabble

grow weed

just go to your rabbi and tell him you're ready to take a job

If I was making 55k after taxes I would feel rich. I'm only making 18k a year there's no work here.

Honestly considering converting to Judaism just for the connections, think you guys would let me in the clique?

I'm in a similar boat to you, only I can go to trade school/university completely free. Thinking either electrician or programmer. Maybe both...

I need to do some research and check what the highest paying trades are at trade school, still.

$55-65k is good money wtf you talking about?
Unless you're somewhere that's insanely expensive, you absolutely can support a family with that kind of money.
I recommend learning a trade. Its a safe career move and trades are much more in demand and flexible. Do NOT "learn to code". There are no jobs in that shit and its a scam.
I recommend you also start looking for a gf that's wife material. Yeah wages are down these days, but white people like you are falling for the trap of using that reason to put off having children.

can confirm. i code a lot and can't make any money. no one will hire me. everyone who will hire me is literally trying to pay $15 an hour or less for CODING.

Why get what Franz Kafka called a "bread job" just so you can pay bills and have spending money, but do what you'd really like to do on the side?

Attached: Joey.jpg (302x324, 8K)

There absolutely is money in coding and the need for people with technical skills will never go away.
These guys are fags I'm making $45/hr and I retarded. Literally anyone can learn to code and get a job in IT.

That isn't to say that learning a trade is a bad route though.

You can join the army

What's stopping you from becoming an underwater welder/harpoon fisher?

>ve of my dream career:
so do it..

Good for you. But coding isn't in demand everywhere. Trades are.
Only do this as a last resort lol. You'll be signing your freedom away and have to go thru a bunch of constant pointless bullshit that civilians don't have to. You will also have a harder time with relationships because you could be gone all the time.

>60k is good money
25 years ago, maybe. Nowadays it is not

>$55-65k annually which just isn't enough to support a family in a good neighborhood.
I guess you will just have to deal with 2 working parents and a wife that fucks every one of her coworkers. Keep being a talentless cuck.

t Pipefitter

If you want to an underwater welder, join the Navy. How has this not occurred to you yet?

You don’t need to go to a “trade school” to get a trade job. Simply pick a trade and call up contractors in that trade. They will hire you because help is needed NOW. You can learn on the job and some companies will actually pay for you to go to school while you work for them.

Of you're willing to relocate, especially to a more rural area, your dollar goes a lot further. Culinary isn't a terrible option for city folk. Buy a tow truck anywhere and win

I'm going back to school to be an electrician. Fuck it, I'll take 55k. It's a shame we're all introverts because sales you can work part-time and make full time money.

> Culinary isn't a terrible option for city folk.

Dear God no. Don't ever ever work at a restaurant if you absolutely don't have to.

55k? That's it? Thought you can easily make at least 80.

According to op. But yeah I heard you can eventually make three figures. Just worried about the first few years and finding someone to apprentice for.

I dont think the demand is worthy of going to school to be an electrician

I’m an electrician.

>live in 3000 square foot house by lake in the country
>have a wife and 4 kids
>bought house for 50k at foreclosure and put 30k into it
>mortgage payment is $416
>drive luxury SUV with a payment of $650
>made 4-6k a month when working for someone else
>own my own business and make 10-15k now

It’s easy

The best thing for you would be not to get fooled into a specialization that reduces you to an employee. You want a business of your own, not a job. You need ability, not knowledge. You need influence, not dollars.

It's a good stating wage. This ridiculous desire to be paid an entry level salary of a hundred grand is fucking ludicrous. You cunts are so narcissistic and entitled holy fuck.

I think you have no idea what you're talking about. If nothing else, This picture is encouraging.

Attached: p03e8dU.png (1200x5780, 958K)

>According to op. But yeah I heard you can eventually make three figures.
It depends on the area. "Skilled trades" all have their own pay. Top paying ones are Pipefitters & electricians. However, even bricklayers make bank. Yes, it is entirely possible to make $100k+. We have members of our local who regularly make close to $200k. Be a good welder, and you will never have to worry about work or money again.....Or you can do like I do and enjoy being a neet half the year while I still manage to pull $60-80k depending on the projects I get involved in. Sure there is long hours, but this is why I slack off a few months at a time. I don't think the OP could handle actual skilled labor. He may just do best being a Red lobster server. I've been on vacation the last 3 weeks because I hate working in July. Its always a busy month, so I just ignore the work.

You are an idiot OP. Jk. But..
You can unironically become a millionaire if you learn a GOOD trade...Like Electrical.

That's literally what I'm doing.

Attached: 1563735826874.jpg (750x825, 43K)

>The best thing for you would be not to get fooled into a specialization that reduces you to an employee.
No employer can ever take away your skills, and you can always sell them to the next highest bidder.

P.S I am 20 years old.

Yeah, love the idea of working really hard during spring, summer, early fall and just taking the winter off. Comfy as fuck

>Except most trades, from the research I've done, don't pay more than $55-65k annually which just isn't enough to support a family in a good neighborhood.

maybe don't own a pool and six cars and all of the other plastic fantastic fag shit that your parents wasted their entire life accumulating and you'll be OK

Can't afford trade school -
>dream career: an underwater welder

Go Navy. Seriously. If you can hack it (navy dive training is no joke), they'll teach you. Check with potential employer, make sure navy quals will get you in the door. Don't have to stay for a career, either. Learn what you need, get out.

Viable solution, looking you in the face. Your move, homeboy.

Starting? Yeah. I live in a tier 2 city though and 60k is not what it used to be

Work on a container ship.

You mean the next lowest bidder. Business owners don’t get rich paying good wages to risk averse laborers.

Really it works that easy ?

Lmfao. . This.
With a monthly bill-out of, say, $3,800 for living, food, everything expenses...12 months... $45,600.

You invest wisely or save the rest of the $5k-20k

Man up and learn to frame houses. Easy money once you figure it out

Bullshit they will.

Spoken like a rust belt idiot.
55k is barely above the median income for males in America.
And learning to code and working IT is a way better career move than the fucking trades. A lot of the most traditional trades (carpentry, electrician etc...) are getting phased out by automation, efficiency, and general lack of demand for work.

Trust me from experience.. Rich Jews, of ALL sects, are just...Blegh

Holy shit shut up fag lulz

"Electrician" is as wide scoped a career as they come. Construction and commercial electricians are hurting for work from lack of demand for their services and from increased technological efficiencies in the electronics they work with.
Independent contractors are fine, but there's a finite number of them. The majority of electrical workers are in a union, and I'd dare you to name a single blue collar union in America that isn't significantly worse off now than it was a decade ago.

>With a monthly bill-out of, say, $3,800 for living, food, everything expenses...12 months... $45,600.
Holy fuck. I spend 1$800/month total and still am finding ways to reduce.

>$3,800 for living, food, everything expenses
t. doorhouse dweller who eats fast food 3 times a week

Attached: Your+house+is+built+from+doors+where+did+you+get+_f2b40a1258f4c1db601bc0feaa863338.jpg (462x257, 46K)

>The majority of electrical workers are in a union
As recently as 7 years ago, the stats were showing that union hands made up less than 30% of the total workforce.

Really depends on what you like and enjoy. Sounds like you're in a hurry so I suppose more school is out of the question.

T. PhD chemist.

Attached: 1562856753495.jpg (750x985, 259K)

jesus christ, what do you live on a houseboat?

Whatever you do, don’t incur ridiculous debt.

Learn Cobol and travel as a transition contractor, making $200k per contract and a passive 3 year $60k retainer post transition. You would shit yourself if you knew how many hamsters power the crumbling databases across the country.

Should OP give those contractors a firm handshake too?

Allow me to correct myself--the majority of electricians work in a union or a position that one would think would be unionized.
What I'm trying to say is that electricians are not all self-employed. They're disposable wage earners answering to an independent boss who doesn't give a shit about his workers.
Correct me if I'm wrong.

>55k is barely above the median for males in America
>above the median
>above
>median
WOW lad, you wouldn’t happen to be a millennial, would you?

Fuck it, I'll take it. At least the dream is feasible

>jesus christ, what do you live on a houseboat?
late 1800s farmhouse. 6 bedroom & just over 2 acres. $40k total. Bought it outright. Now instead of a mortgage, I do repairs and renovations, and am increasing my equity. If I can do what I want over the next 5 years, my home will be worth 3-4x or more what I paid for it.

>jesus christ, what do you live on a houseboat?
and I meant $1800/mo, not that bullshit I typed (1$800)

Start committing crimes. They dont have the money to pay honest work, they dont have the money to pay law enforcement. Dont rob poor people, get crazy enough to off protection to businesses in need, then you get paid to beat/rob other criminals. Win-win.

Border Patrol

>glassdoor.com/Salaries/cobol-programmer-salary-SRCH_KO0,16.htm
How can you get a $200k contact when the average salary for a Cobol programmer is $70k?

>one would think would be unionized.
That is not how it works at all my friend. You are either organized or not. There is no "One would think". There is either a free man with his skills, or an owned piece of property. Union workers have a heads up on the competition when it comes to the employer giving a shit. Union workers don't give a shit about him either. They only care about doing the work needed to get it done. I know as a pipefitter I have never once given one flying fuck about the company. My "boss" is union, and his boss is too on every project. My contract disallows ANY company man from speaking to me as a worker. They need to take it up with the General foreman, and if something needs done, he will let me know.

im a based zoomer.
to be at the median in America means to be a slop living in a mixed race community with no resources.
anything less than upper middle class, 90% white, and the vast majority of my neighborhood being well landscaped is not worth living.

Are you 200 miles from a Jamba Juice?

I struggled with this pretty much throughout my early twenties. Finishing high school I signed up for business school because as a white middle class brazilian that's what you do. Went to good schools all my life so I was able to pass all the top public universities' entry exams, so at least I didn't spend a penny getting my education. Never gave a shit about business or making money, but I learned a thing or two about how the world works. Then I got my degree and found myself aimless, depressed and NEET.

That was in 2016. I spent pretty much the entire year following the Syrian Civil War and the U.S. elections. I was already on Jow Forums for nearly a decade but Jow Forums became my obsession. It was my political awakening. I suddenly realized we're in a pivotal moment of history and the gears are moving everywhere around us. That was it, I had to work in the field. It was either journalism, domestic politics or the foreign service. I recommend these three to any youngsters on Jow Forums, you're already here, it's a sign. If you were meant to weld shit certainly you'd be fixing shit around your house on your own. Are you?

Either way, think it thoroughly, the time to do it is in your twenties. You gotta try to balance natural ability (talent), natural inclination (liking) and market projections. Ultimately the only freedom we have in this world is choosing which prisons we voluntarily lock ourselves up into. Whatever decision you make, as long as it is well thought out and you take full responsibility for it, you're certain to end up happier than just blindly following the path someone put you onto or chasing the scent of money.

Lmao, dude just be an underwater welder.

This desu. My town imported thousands of somalians and now we have warnings of phone scams in the newspaper. All these sweet old ladies getting fleeced coming AND going

then you need to move somewhere else

confirmed never going to make it. your posts are fucking cringe

cop, military

>Are you 200 miles from a Jamba Juice?
No, but I am about 30 miles from Yuengling Brewery.

Wtf runs cobol

>it's this guy again

Growing up I had a 100% healthy father who would pretend to be homeless and beg for money on street corners. He had his ‘homeless’ clothes, which was basically just an old shirt, shoes and jeans and a cardboard sign that said something about being a homeless single Dad. My mother also worked, and combined they made enough to afford a house, 2 cars, put us through school.

I guess what I’m saying is that if you dream big you don’t have to have a traditional career.

Stop watching tv user!

Look up delta p if you wanna weld with mermaids

Hahah. Wtf are you talking about

I'm in a trade but by dumb luck. Noone hires people who call in

Get a factory type job for a large corporation, forklift driver or something.
Work hard, earn your stripes, work your way up to shift lead then superintendent or try to get into shipping director/lead.

Industrial shit is cool as fuck and a large company has tons of pathways if you want to work your way up.

Jesus

>easy

Literally know a young electrician with a big family like that and he hurt his back unexpectedly, now he can’t even work. relying on your body long term is quite a gamble

Refinery operator , think Homer Simpson. These guys clear 100k + easy with overtime. Union , pension , 401k . It’s the holy grail of boomer jobs. They train you but you just need to search for refineries and apply when they go through another hiring round. I’m a chemical engineer at a refinery and these blue collar guys make way more than me.

Your dad is the foot in the door. Use nepotism to your advantage man.

If you can tolerate weird hours and rising above vapid thot culture on a daily basis, go get a nursing degree. Shit is lucrative as fuck and not going away anytime soon. Plus it seems like it's at the point where there is an affirmative action for males thing going on. Not a nurse but I know plenty of them and they make good money.

>I don't even know what to do with my life anymore
go army

go with your dream user... in this case, it isn't exactly unattainable. you're only 21 so its more than feasible. i have a friend who lives in florida, never dove before, and entered some kind of trade school specifically for marine welding - which he does to this day.

>There absolutely is money in coding
learn fortran

>have to go thru a bunch of constant pointless bullshit that civilians don't have to.
reach as high as you can, practice asvab before you enlist so you know where you are going, learn how to use all the crazy tech and marry inside the service in a similar career path

>I want to start building wealth and increasing my income
lotto tickets niqqa

This is the thing that turned everybody in the real world off from the trades, and now--in their infinite retardation--GI Generation mindset reactionaries are completely ignoring this fact when pushing pro-blue collar anti-education propaganda.

Actually the reason I made this thread is because my girlfriend is pregnant, we're both pro-life so we're keeping it (shouldn't even have to add the disclaimer that I will not be killing my kid but hey, we live in clown world). Didn't include that in the OP because I didn't want the thread to get derailed by seething robots screeching about "MUH TYRONE'S BABY." Regardless, I make about $29k annually and I just want to make preparations to increase that given this change. Excited to start this chapter of my life and have a family, and I know I'm young, but these are the most fertile years of a woman's life, we are supposed to be having children at this age. Reason whites are being depopulated is because of this terrible fear of having children at a young age.
>tfw you get home from work at night and the house has been totally cleaned, a meal prepared, and a sweet note left on the bed while she sleeps

Attached: m1vtxeh2ivr11.png (1001x823, 806K)

Dad told me that he could get my foot in the door at his distribution center, nice starting wage for warehouse work, or I can go to school and get the necessary degree for supply chain management. Could ideally be making $80k+ in the next 2 years, just don't know if my heart is totally with that field of work. Thing is, I don't really care too much, it might suck to be wageslaving for most of my life but coming home to a family that I'm supporting will make it worthwhile. Plus, I'm about ready to take the Vargpill and save up the money to just escape from it all as it burns down.

>>tfw you get home from work at night and the house has been totally cleaned, a meal prepared, and a sweet note left on the bed while she sleeps

I live in commiefornia so I will never have that unless I leave for greener pastures in the midwest or south

day trading

the correct answer is oil rig worker. HUGE pay, like low six figures. work 20 years & retire at 40.

>don't pay more than $55-65k annually which just isn't enough to support a family in a good neighborhood
Trades are the way to go. Depends where and how you live. I Just turned 24, I work as a Firefighter/EMT, and if I get my paramedic I can make even more than I do now. FF/EMT base pay is around $60-$80k depending on where you work if you live in the right area. As Firefighter/Paramedic I could make $100k a year without including all the overtime available. That's working 10 days a month roughly maybe one or two more. That's also with benefits, a pension and separate retirement account with employer contribution. Plus all my training if paid for except a Paramedic Certification. A lot of guys I went to school with got into lineman work and make good money doing that. I know guys who get paid $40+/hr to run excavators. Plus OP, give up the idea of raising a family on a single income. That idea is stupid and outdated.

Trades give you valuable skills that fill often union positions with good pay and good benefits.

Attached: 29028194_1661245440600695_2956384641633746944_o.jpg (2048x1536, 361K)

>>"learn a trade"
What they also dont tell you is these positions regularly require 60+ hours a week and you get treated like shit the entire time

>Work 20 years on an oil rig

Attached: 9w76e61.jpg (600x375, 26K)

Not a bad idea to do some time in the military.
I was in the Army, contracted for a bit, and then managed to bullshit my way into a six figure job at a fortune 500 company where I go and check on medical procedures 2-3 times a week, work from home the rest of the time.

>t. office worker