Flat Human Illustration - more leftist programming

Once you see this design style once, youll start noticing it EVERYWHERE.

On the surface, flat design mostly consists of illustrations of misshapen human bodies.

But illustration itself isn’t the point. Flat Design being cheap was a nice coincidence.

The point of this style is ensuring all spaces—especially UI—are occupied by the correct bodies.

Stock photography has always been a commercial phenomenon—conveying social proof through contrived scenes of depicted people representing a company.

Illustration is different. It reifies human bodies as pure political-ideological objects, divorced from commercial purpose.

People drawing flat illustrations believe themselves to be resisting the institution from within. This couldn’t be further from the truth.

Everything they believe is good about flat design is entirely aligned w/ the global totalitarian surveillance/repression apparatus of big tech.

It’s not only that they happen to serve the institution for a living, as we all must.

No, their professed ideology’s success is reliant on the existence of the surveillance/repression of the populace. Hence the need for propaganda such as flat illustration in the first place.

The message for the client groups goes like this:

“See? Your body is depicted here. You are right at home. You’re in good hands. We are looking out for your interests. If we weren’t, why would we celebrate the core of your being—your body? You are among the saved. Trust us.”

Attached: F59A370B-511E-44D3-9701-28B4AD440FAC.png (601x392, 375K)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/humansofflat
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>They/Them

What?

History is over. Herstory is in AR.

Attached: B719DF07-0AE1-41BC-BF26-92C03D4144E7.png (562x1000, 661K)

EVIL SEEPS IN
ANTI-HUMANISM
WATCH FOR IT
THEY HATE HUMANITY
"IT" HATES HUMANITY
WATCH FOR IT
FIGHT IT

Attached: ais1.png (1334x3395, 1.33M)

Attached: ais2.png (1334x3604, 1.34M)

“If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face—forever.” - George Orwell

“Scan any portrait of a man to unlock a related story about a woman.” -
AppStore for AR

Attached: 3D27A5D0-7649-46CF-9B2C-F139DA6C091A.png (562x1000, 879K)

Attached: ais3.png (1334x4102, 1.45M)

Attached: ais4.png (1334x4102, 1.26M)

>augmented reality
Well they can't be sued for false advertisement.

Enter Tim Cook’s AR World and unlock a personalized re-education gulag

Attached: 671B049D-917C-45FA-9603-B580FDF43E51.png (1000x1000, 1.23M)

Attached: ais5.png (1334x4674, 1.44M)

Attached: ais6.png (1334x6578, 2.63M)

Attached: ais7.png (1334x5705, 2.17M)

>harry woodgate
>they/them

Harry = hairy
Wood = erect penis
Gate = butthole

A harry woodgate is a gay butthole

imagine the smell

Attached: krs.png (1222x5330, 3.94M)

I can’t stand this shit either, and I’m a designer. It’s what happens when the majority of people calling the shots are women without a single artistic bone in their bodies, and the men they employ to do the actual work in fact can’t fucking draw. We went from Leyendecker and Rockwell to... this... in less than a century.

let em vote they said

why would a bot spill so many beans after it has been found out?

Every graphic designer I know is borderline schizo, so while I see this as hysterical rantings, I can totally believe that graphical designers totally believe this.

It's cointelpro. Look at the format and how wordy/long it is. It's obviously not one of us who made that. Keep an eye out for how much this comes up. They're setting a narrative for "interference" for the election.

Attached: cointelpro.png (1169x6371, 868K)

That guy is clearly a boomer, and you might be as well.

>babey discovers bootstrap/material ui
The prevalence of this is out of sheet lazyness of developers. Why design and bug test your own style framework when you can import someone else's
t.someone using material design but plans on customising it later once the app work but will probably end up with the defaults

this style has always irritated me and I can't really explain why, so thank you user for providing this interesting take.

people are always misshapen, as you say, often the "red nose" meme appears, like in the image. the cacophony of colors and repulsive state of the people depicted is disorienting and offending. always disproportionately small heads to house small brains, and stupid fucking noodle arms.

when I see this artstyle it makes me instantly turn 180 degrees and walk away

slightly underrated

Attached: 1547092884639.gif (200x234, 2.85M)

Pretty smart user. I was always repulsed by this ugly art style and it seems to be everywhere where. Makes sense it feels very propagandistic underneath

Soul

Attached: 0640156a56dc6e4193ea35f160dd8d43.jpg (983x1390, 246K)

Soulless

Attached: urban-people-flat-design_23-2147531099.jpg (338x338, 45K)

>white people a minority
really makes you think

based topic. no doubt this topic will get picked up by some lazy journo who will write about how being anti-flat illustration is alt-right etc.
my opinion is that it requires no real skill. it is for human robots to do illustration jobs to a brief which include no room for art or expression. it's about hitting the brief in quick time when you have no creative style, basically NPCstrator

i'm surprised that the jigaboo made it past the committee

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-07-26 at 21.15.22.png (214x264, 77K)

well this is actually disgusting

Attached: avatars-set-people-flat-design_23-2147670142.jpg (626x626, 88K)

twitter.com/humansofflat

Bro you need to lay off the academic analysis for a moment.

now what

Don't do that. Don't fucking do that. This is actually an intelligent post for once instead of nigger tits and "he/she is right, you know" bullshit.

You dont be fucking with the Infographics Show on YouTube!!!

bump

You don’t need to draw to be a graphic designer. The amount of skills required is already ridiculous and you want us to be illustrators as well? Need an illustrator? Hire one. It is a separate skill set and takes thousands of hours to develop, with no guarantee you will be good

Deep down, every white middle/upper class leftist is inherently racist and supremacist. They view minorities as interesting distractions and their pet projects.

Reddit spacing

>bro
kys faggot this design pattern is cancer and I see it everywhere.

an even gayer extension of this is when they misshapen people to the degree of having long noodly arms and other such faggy shit

probably just quicker and easier to make a flat design, disregarding 3d geometry, shading, depth, etc.

it meshes well with all the other bland, soulless industrial designs we see in the 21st century.

H A P P Y

Attached: happy.jpg (600x319, 33K)

It’s more than just that, it is utterly promoted and chosen deliberately by companies. They love these blue and yellow misshapen flat people that could be any gender or race. It’s exactly what they want

i think of this often. personally I think it’s non offensive and intentionally disgustingly cheerful to separate the conditioned from the real world

you know i'm led to the belief that the npc meme was lefty black propaganda

Attached: _103897778_npcwojak.jpg (1024x576, 38K)

Flat design is garbage tier subhuman shit.

i'll take a shot in the dark here and guess that it was apple who started this nonsense. their marketing and designs were always "simple", and they avoid aesthetic complexity in every way, to a ridiculous degree.

Why

do

you

do

this.

>SOVIET UNION

but maybe someone more familiar with fine arts can contribute, since i'm sure apple isn't the only influence at work here

Facebook and Google have been pushing this illustration style for a while.

That should tell you everything.

?

Apple didn’t. They had silhouettes but have never used bugmen illustrations. Facebook or Google were the first, probably Google.

flat design isn't exactly new though. i think apple inspired this trend of aesthetic simplicity even if the specific motifs and styles themselves are different

Attached: egypt.jpg (474x373, 63K)

IT'S A SOVIET STYLE

>Oy Vey! Stop talking about it Goy!

Attached: 7953A73D-28FA-4339-9F36-85075516C65C.png (317x293, 45K)

can you give a few examples?

Egyptian art is not the same as flat design, the goal of flat design is to simplify features and make humans look non threatening. Perfect when you are trying to make blacks look cuddly when they are not

good point, i agree

cocaine

If you wanna get up, you gotta take her out?

Attached: cocaine.png (816x334, 25K)

Yeah you can see this style as you go back to the progressive art of the 20th century. It's just chaotic, distorted blob people. The new development I notice is now it's more childish as well.

take a look at Hispanic art, they utilize this depthless, flat style for everything too.
i'm not sure if it's supposed to symbolize something, or if non-whites just don't know how to draw depth with the same skill as white people.

>implying there are any real humans left

Attached: No Humans left.jpg (180x164, 24K)