It's obvious that Christianity is a cult. Why don't most Christians see this?

It's obvious that Christianity is a cult. Why don't most Christians see this?

youtu.be/rYNOhlhK2iw

Attached: Christianity2.jpg (600x507, 49K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientology_status_by_country
youtube.com/watch?v=wtLaB18BBzk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Because cults die when the charismatic leader dies in a shootout with federal agents. If the beliefs persist in the absence of the charismatic leader, then it is self-sustaining and qualifies as a religion.

By this logic, Scientology is a real religion.

>cult
take your faggy snarl word back to r/atheism retard

>It's obvious that Christianity is a cult. Why don't most Christians see this?
Why do you believe we care what you anti-Christians think?

You hate Christianity and you're going to hell. It's obvious you don't know what you're talking about or worse, you're trying to d&c White people.

It is in some countries

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientology_status_by_country

>REEEEEE MY FEELINGS

It's on the cusp, I'd say.

Awesome 10 year old fedora meme faggot

Hostility towards to opinions of others and refusing to engage with objective fact is a sign you're part of a cult user. Leave now while you can.

No. That is a feature of groups that aggressively maintain group identity. Applies equally to non-theological groupsets.

you have yet to provide any objective facts about anything
all you've done is throw the word "cult" around like someone who just ate up a hollyjew npc-programming reel written to teach you that RELIGION BAD, LIBERALISM GOOD

christianity is anti-white

Cult leaders normally get something out of it like women, power, money, etc. Take a look at scientology, Islam, Mormonism and their respective leaders to see they used religion as a control means for their own purpose.

Now look at Christianity. What did Jesus Christ have to gain by telling his followers to abstain from degenerate behaviors, give to the poor, love thy neighbor, etc. Jesus gained absolutely nothing.

>Religion is the opposite of liberalism
Wut?

Attached: e.jpg (893x877, 472K)

because we are all monkeys from space, you know
6 gorillion years ago or so, the nothing exploded, thats why you can be a faggot today

I would add that Christianity is the only religion where the pain of sacrifice is paid by the God. All others wanted payment from their followers.

Doesn't Christianity require your eternal love and worship or else you face an eternity of suffering? Why pretend like that sacrifice was free without strings attached?

Attached: 826f182c7ff472e6e36dee3535ddc859.jpg (346x461, 43K)

I would say that if you recognise that God gave his Son over to be tortured and killed so that we might be saved, the gratitude and worship follow naturally.

God can do anything. You know, he could have just forgiven mankind without torturing his son. And yet see still chose to. Why would i be grateful for unnecessary suffering?

Because when you sin, we all suffer.

its not about it making sense, its about if its possible or not and yes the bible is 100% possible it proves itself through revelation by accurately predicting the future so far.

it doesn't have to"make sense" to a bunch of random shitposters on Jow Forums. It still happened most likely

>you HATE christianity
>that means you HATE me
>because i'm christian
case in point

maybe if the god character wasn't also all-powerful, it might have worked. But it doesn't, because despite a lack of proof for any miracles, they also do not make sense. Why did god have a son? Why did god let adam and eve eat the apple? etc etc

I don't understand how that relates to the point I made. Why does anyone have to suffer if God's mercy is limitless? God chose to have his own son tortured when he didn't have to. Under any other circumstance, you'd consider that evil.

Not exactly. The belief is that we're all going to hell without Jesus. You make it sound like worshipping god requires endless prayer and fasting....... you can do that but the only thing that will save your soul is believing in Jesus.

>yes the bible is 100% possible
But it isn't, Exodus never happened. And scientists agree that a literal interpretation of Genesis is impossible due to the age of this planet.

Scientology is Thelema+

>you HATE cancer
>that means you HATE me
>because i have cancer
Behold. The epitome of logic

The Bible doesn't state that God is all-powerful and can operate outside of all rules. Where did you get this notion from? In all religions, across all human cultures, sacrifice has been a method of payment for divine favour. No payment - no service. I'm of the opinion that this arrangement is subject to a theological corollary to the first law of thermodynamics: energy cannot be created or destroyed, only exchanged. In short everything has a price, and if you want something from a deity, you have to: a) make a formal request then b) give something up for it. The bigger your request, the bigger the price.
It appears that God loves us, because he paid a large price for us all. He cannot make the request on our behalf, though. That is an element of choice which must be fulfilled by the individual. The hard part was done ~2000 years ago. The only thing left for us to do is to make a sincere request for salvation and acknowledge the price paid on our behalf. It seems that there are rules even God must obey.

its a faith, Mormons are in a cult

I speak to them in parables; because while seeing they do not see, and while hearing they do not hear, nor do they understand.

Hear then the parable of the sower. When anyone hears the word of the kingdom and does not understand it, the evil one comes and snatches away what has been sown in his heart. This is the one on whom seed was sown beside the road.
The one on whom seed was sown on the rocky places, this is the man who hears the word and immediately receives it with joy; yet he has no firm root in himself, but is only temporary, and when affliction or persecution arises because of the word, immediately he falls away.
And the one on whom seed was sown among the thorns, this is the man who hears the word, and the worry of the world and the deceitfulness of wealth choke the word, and it becomes unfruitful.
And the one on whom seed was sown on the good soil, this is the man who hears the word and understands it; who indeed bears fruit and brings forth, some a hundredfold, some sixty, and some thirty.

Attached: jesus.jpg (1112x835, 82K)

It's called free will. Adults are given complete control over their children but they can't completely control them.

the age of planet is up for question too you cant just shoe horn that in. Look up kent hovind age of earth hes got some decent arguments.

This!

Ok, what’s your point?

Lol it's actually amazing how right you are

>God is all powerful
Quote the bible verse where you learned that. I don't think it says that anywhere. He may be very powerful and possessed of great knowledge, but operating above and beyond all laws? Bold claim.
>Why did god have a son?
See my post above. He had a son to make his sacrifice meaningful. If God did not suffer, then a sacrifice did not take place. Sacrifice without loss is empty.
>Why did god let adam and eve eat the apple?
Good question. Wish I knew.

God is a mentally ill faggot, prove me wrong.

I understand that but you make it sound like his sacrifice was no-strings-attached. Faith based belief requires you behave in a way you ordinarily wouldn't. It changes how you fundamentally see the world.

And what you believe isn't a choice like choosing a outfit for the day.
For example, if i told you to "believe" that there are robot unicorn elves that control reality and if you don't believe in them then you'll go to hell, can you just "choose" to believe this? Why wouldn't you? There's no harm in believing it, right?

clearly he hated gays in the old testament

About 6 years ago I prayed to Satan to demolish my whore ex girlfriend and everything that created her. Needless to say I'm very happy with how this is going

Christcucks bring in so many fucking reguees it's fucking crazy

Attached: 1562578816612.png (1200x1500, 96K)

Jesus loves you, user!

>believe in the supernatural
>choose evil
user, that was a very foolish thing to do. To surrender your soul for petty revenge. How cheap.

>Why did god let adam and eve eat the apple?
>Good question. Wish I knew.

I’m surprised you don’t, since you at least recognize God isnt omnipotent.
God also isn’t omniscient, and the Bible is very clear on this. After the seventh day God made the first human with a soul, a human with free will; but because the will of the man was decoupled from the will of God, God did not know if he had succeeded. He put the man in a safe place with only a single rule, then set about the necessary events for man to desire to disobey (and in doing so, proving they were indeed free of his will).
They were sent out from the garden with gifts, not curses. God said “cursed is the ground FOR THY SAKE” and the woman was given painful birth likewise for their sake, as we now know that the hormonal cascade accompanying this is responsible for the mother bonding so deeply with the child.

God is an SJW

Attached: 80b2d7eb5ad46ccf7de7faf8d87a29c369cd5210_full.jpg (184x184, 8K)

Go ahead and put your faith in anything other than Christ when you find your demons or stumble upon Evil beings in the world and I guarantee it will do nothing but make your situation worse, gradually or rapidly. When you stock your faith in Christ evil will scoff and snarl but tremble, and continued faith in Christ will make you open to allow His strength to completely obliterate demons and the like. We do not believe that Christianity is a cult because everyone with a true relationship to Jesus Christ knows His Spirit of Truth. We are not deceived by your subversions nor the corruption of the Church by kikes and the devil.

The natural response to reasoning of this line is 'Why grant free will to a creature if doing so will condemn the majority of the them to eternal suffering?' That's a pickle, and why I withhold my judgement.

>likes
Using bad slurs like that... you're gonna get spanked by jesus

But my issue the sacrifice it's self. Jesus gave his life to save mankind (never mind the fact that he came back to life with would indicate that there never was a sacrifice to begin with).
Mankind in danger in the first place due to sin. A danger created by God himself. If he loves mankind, why not just remove the danger?
Instead God sacrifices himself to save mankind of the danger he himself created, and he never really died in the first place. It seems more like a scam to force us to believe in unprovable events via fear of hell.

Lucifer is a god of light and prowess. You, the lower beings, live in a world of good and evil. I live in totality. Enjoy my ride buck-o

Oh oh oh! Do one for Islam now. Or Judaism

Except you won't, because you don't actually hate religion but Christianity as your talmudvision has instructed

No it isn’t. I’ll just post my pasta.
In the beginning, there was God. He was, by definition, omnipotent, omniscient, and omnipresent by his mere status of being all that is. Anything he could imagine would be useless to manifest simply because it would behave exactly as was known to him; it would be an excercise in futility as he would become bored with the thought the exact moment he thought of it and saw it to its obvious conclusion.
All things, that is, save for a being free of his will; a being which could surprise even him, from time to time. Such a being would necessitate it’s own ignorance, and as such it’s own realm in which time, space, and matter occluded it from its own omniscience. But more than that, it would require a sacrifice of God, that of his own omniscience.

Then, in a commonly misunderstood verse, he gives them the final gifts to assure they are able to thrive and grow. The woman was given pain and sorrow in childbirth, which we now know causes a hormonal cascade which is critical to the mother forming a bond with the child.
To Adam he states: “cursed is the ground FOR THY SAKE” that he may become disciplined and strong.

(Cont)

he's right though. I hate him

But humanity wasn’t the only one who had growing up to do, for in relinquishing his omniscience God was given room to grow as well: anger, wrath, jealousy, regret, pride, mercy, love; none of these feeling and more were available to a being which compromised all and all bent to his will. This explains much of why we see such a stark contrast between the God of the early books and God who came as Christ to save us from his own impossibly strict commandments. This sacrifice required something even greater of God: his own omnipotence, that he may be born and die as a man. Truly his love and patience with man knows no bounds. But he has one more sacrifice to make, as shown in the book of Revelation where God prepares himself to be the perfect vessel for his beloved humanity, where God attains omnibenevolence. But first, to do so, God must meticulously and methodically poor out all his Wrath in Justice. The earth falls deeper to darkness so that he may become light. When the days end, those who used their free will to follow His own will join him in his new perfection while those that rejected him shall die the second death to be at peace with nothingness.

It's just c o p e but to be sure if they want to make something positive who am I to judge

“The only difference between a cult and a religion is the amount of real estate they own”-Frank Zappa

>never mind the fact that he came back to life with would indicate that there never was a sacrifice to begin with
Sacrifice is suffering. Quite whether you give up the best cut of meat from a hunting trip, or the firstborn son, the important variable appears to be the suffering of a loss. We know that Christ suffered on the cross, as he cried out that his father had forsaken him. He suffered terribly. That is beyond question. It appears that this suffering, and the suffering of his father who watched and did not intervene. Would you watch your child suffer and feel nothing? This appears to satisfy the 'payment' aspect of salvation. Much was paid.
>A danger created by God himself. If he loves mankind, why not just remove the danger?
It took me a long time to join the first law of thermodynamics to sacrifice. There is probably something very profound about free will that eludes us. It certainly feels important to me.
You follow the Father of lies. Look at what your God granted you - the suffering of others to salve your wounded pride. A spiteful, malicious and evil deity you worship. For shame.

All religions are cults in the traditional sense.

What Christian's dont see is their inherent nihilism, it's an entirely death centric mystery religion. Alls gonna be great, once you die.

An emphasis on family is hardly nihilistic, user.

changing the goal posts this quickly.

Do you think Exodus and Genesis literally happened? Yes/no.
Scientists believe the age of the earth is around 4 billion years.

I'm not saying that stuff literally happened but scientists believe a lot of dumb shit.

> atheist talking about nihilism

LMAO

Scientists also believe in global warming, believe that there are 100 genders, believe that all races are equal.

Yes I prefer my Bible.

Attached: christ_chan_irl.jpg (626x1024, 87K)

I think Genesis/Exodus is a desert nomad's best effort to recount events that took place waaaay outside their normal frame of reference. Imagine a hunter-gatherer from Papua New Guinea was taken to New York for a month, then taken back. How would he recount what he saw? What frames of reference does he refer to in order to communicate the experience?

Fuck off judengruber.

Attached: church on the jews.jpg (2580x2588, 1.86M)

No, you literally hate Christians, not the religion. You come up with some bullshit about how you disagree with theological points already mischaracterize because you hate the white Christians of North America and Europe.

>god isn't all powerful
>If God did not suffer, then a sacrifice did not take place.
I fail to see the significance of 3 days of suffering vs an eternity of heaven on either side
>Good question. Wish I knew.
You literally don't even know.

Buddy, you're being scammed!

So you literally believe in a daddy or mommy that watches over you... seems like a psychological problem if you are an adult.
Also free will cannot exist if God is all-knowing.
Alright so at least this user doesn't get caught by the illogical all-powerful god trap, unfortunately he still needs to prove the jewish myths actually happened.

If you're just going to make shit up you might as well not even include the bible, I'm sure you could make up something better than it.

do you believe in talking donkeys? yes/no

bap

A scam would imply I have been swindled out of something. What have I lost? I'm content to admit that some things are beyond my knowledge. I don't think that full understanding is necessary to have faith.
>I fail to see the significance of 3 days of suffering vs an eternity of heaven on either side
I think the anguish of a God eclipses our own by some margin.

>Liberal: open to new behavior or opinions and willing to discard traditional values
Liberalism is do what thou wilt, go with flow, don't knock it 'till you've tried it etc. Liberalism is essentially chaos.

While Christianity and other religions proclaim a strict moral code of conduct and principles.

>While Christianity and other religions proclaim a strict moral code of conduct and principles.
Yeah, only fuck little boys on sundays.

youtube.com/watch?v=wtLaB18BBzk

Revelation proves the Bible. The third temple is about to be built soon.

None shall know the hour.

That's liberalism. No where in the Bible does it tell priests to molest little boys.

Sin = liberalism

What did I make up?

Attached: hide-atheist-threads-ignore-atheist-posts-do-not-reply-to-1005526.png (500x300, 59K)