So The Boys came out...

So The Boys came out. When will studios actually stick to the source material instead of injecting agendas into their movies? Why not just make a new, original IP with all the diversity you want?

Attached: blacked_the_boys.png (569x537, 452K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=iy5VvGMVzBQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The deep was black in the comics and they made him white in the show so...
OTOH, they took a fucking Israeli to play the Frenchman, and also turned him into a hiphop listening faggot and this, this is not cool.

Attached: 3198151-b-30.jpg (320x320, 11K)

That's A-Train though.

This is A-Train in the comic.

Attached: download (1).jpg (250x317, 15K)

I know fren:
>A Train white in the comics > black in the show > gets his dick sucked in the comics
>The Deep black in the comics > white in the show > get his dick sucked in the show

See pic related. Now, can we go back to the real topic that is THEY FUCKING TOOK A KIKE TO PLAY FRENCHIE!!!!!1!!

Attached: the-deep-chace-crawford.jpg (670x402, 235K)

I see what you mean, woops. Also, the fuck is up with Simon Pegg being the dad? Why isn't he Hughie?

They said Pegg was to old for the role and honestly, they're right.

And the fuck is going on with the butcher wearing Hawaiian shirts?

Attached: shirtlol.png (798x640, 836K)

Because they can't create it, it's the same reason why blacks don't have rich countries, they have to latch onto and coopt successful white nations, just like they coopt successful white media.

Yeah, I'm only 3 episodes in but I'm not too thrilled about the show. Does his English accent sounds bad to you tho? I've read some Brits whining about it on youtube.

Back to the transformation of characters, the also turned the guy in a suit, Stillwell, into a woman. I've also heard they're considering taking a woman to play Stormfront. Weird.

And anti christian

>Mad that a minor character whose a sociopath rapist isn't White but Black.

Lol, listen. You should only get mad when they race/sex change established MAJOR characters, especially ones based off of Western cultures and mythology.

Regardless, Idc because when I saw one of the recent trailers it's clear they're gonna do their own thing like the TWD show did from the comics: I ain't gonna bother watching it. Also, I don't wanna re-experience "The Innocents" story arc (shit was depressing and uncomfortable as fuck).

I'm just one episode in. The accent is garbage because Karl Urban is from New Zealand. Are you to say there were no good British actors for Butcher, and no good Scottish actors for Hughie? Come on now...
And this is all within me watching just one episode.

Attached: 1537493947866.jpg (399x388, 24K)

It's not just one character. They are all seemingly mis-cast. Even Hughie's dead gf was a mutt. The fuck is up with that.

>Even Hughie's dead gf was a mutt.

Who cares? She was just a plot device to get him involved into the story. I don't remember anything about her other than Hughie was happy with her and she died brutally. Also look on the bright side: if they stick at least somewhat close to the story, that means Hughie is going to eventually beat the black A-Train to death with his fists.

Again, I have to stress my discontent about them taking an Israeli to play Frenchie. Even worse, they also completely revamped the character. He's no longer a fun lunatic but an arm dealing, hip hop listening, whiny faggot, and he hasn't said "petit hughie" once for the moment :((((
I'll keep on watching to see if Black Noir sticks his thumbs up Hughie's ass but that's all.

Attached: Tomer-Kapon-2.jpg (666x333, 56K)

All I'm asking for is authenticity to the source material. Plenty of people care. If it was a cast of blacks and asians in the comic, and amazon made a show with all white people, do you think your tone would change?

Attached: tmp_4264-b4f-2134030366.jpg (569x428, 25K)

>an arm dealing, hip hop listening, whiny faggot
>inb4 well it's at least more accurate
I know

Attached: 1521828372060.png (657x527, 38K)

I mean it's not muh dick, but literally 4 lines into the first episode, and that black youth is already talking about dicks.

I have to agree with . Compare this show to the show Happy for instance. In Happy they turned the love of the main character into a black woman (and his daughter into a mutt for obvious reason). Well season 1 was an awesome work that actually improved the comic. Then again Morrison worked on it. Here Ennis did not. The ratio of blackedness is not always related to authenticity to the source material.

Also Maeve (Dominique McElligott) is cute as fuck.

because that would require them to have to actually do creative work, and not just steal someone else's creation and give it a new paint job.

Is Happy based on something that already existed?

Yeah but it was a short comic by Grant Morrison (well way shorter than season 1). And the TV show improved it on almost all aspects.

Yeah, Happy! #1–4 (w/ Darick Robertson, 2012–2013) collected as Happy! (tpb, 96 pages, 2013, ISBN 1-6070-6677-7; hc, 128 pages, 2013, ISBN 1-6070-6838-9)

another difference there is between the prime show and the actual comic is that they give a lot more importance to superpower that Ennis did in the comics. And it has an impact on the storytelling because they have to show Heroes doing crime fighting. I'm not really sure this is for the better.

They also made the BJ recruitment felt a lot more forced, which I think is sad because they took a grey moral situation and turned it into "remember, rape is bad" thing. I also wonder how that will play out with Hughie learning about it...

Ok so I'm on ep 2. The Female of the Species isn't asian. Wtf.

So a few things.

>All I'm asking for is authenticity to the source material.

I agree with you, I think the show should be more close to the material (looks like it distances itself too much for my taste). However, I do understand that certain things conveyed and done in books are a lot more controversial and/or expensive compared to doing them on TV. So I'm willing for some parts to be cut-out or at best implied (like that one "alien" superhero who got exposed being fucked by a bunch of trannys).

>Plenty of people care. If it was a cast of blacks and asians in the comic, and amazon made a show with all white people, do you think your tone would change?

OK, like I stated before: if it's minor characters and said series is not heavily based off Western cultures/mythologies than I don't care. I would have loved to see that hypothetical (you said) happen; because then I can laugh at the hypocrites and further prove this trend of race/sex changes on established major characters is only approved for White Male characters. However, I have gotten annoyed when they did shit like that to minority characters like Scarlett Johansson with the Major in Ghost in the Shell and Tilda Swinton as the Ancient One in Doctor Strange.

youtube.com/watch?v=iy5VvGMVzBQ

Although; lmao at the cancer kid scene.

Come on now; why are main characters like the Female and the Frenchman being completely mis-cast? They are vital to the overall plot.

>However, I have gotten annoyed when they did shit like that to minority characters like Scarlett Johansson with the Major in Ghost in the Shell and Tilda Swinton as the Ancient One in Doctor Strange.
This is what I'm talking about. It's friggin annoying.