Remembering the good years

How can something beautiful make you sad?

This picture should awaken melancholy in everyone. Because this is the future we were meant to live in. Some people, even those who never experienced it, intimately know that the time period between 1980 up until early 1990 was peak wholesome civilization. You just feel it in your bones that you are living in a terrifying decline, I would say dystopia, because I know what has been lost.

Often, people will tell you that you have no right to even speak about it, because you were not born yet. I am here to tell you that they're wrong, you are 100% right, the 80s was way better.

Yes, you would lose a lot of technology, that keeps you comfortable, if you went back to the 80s, but you would find that what you have now is really just a perversion of the good thing from back then. Like, gaming was way more primitive then, but who fucking cares? You are at the arcade, networking, meeting people older than you, younger than you, girls, boys, nerds, jocks. This leads to girlfriend, friends, wholesome grilling at the beach, no impenetratable gangs of people you never get to know, the possabilities are endless! Gaming now is a fucking dead end, it would not be missed once you had actual wholesome human interaction taking its place!

And you would wake up in the morning. The golden sun sparkling in your eyes. And the very first emotion you would feel is hope.

2019 is a complete shit-hole, we fucked up big time! And we have to go back, there is no going foreward! And the first step to undo this entire kabal of fuckery is to acknowledge one simple truth:

The 80s was better

Attached: a1163500563_10.jpg (1200x1200, 373K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=d68yRIE9OvQ
youtube.com/watch?v=RYbe-35_BaA
future80s.bandcamp.com/album/trans-am
stratfordcompilations.bandcamp.com/track/zane-alexander-w-o-r-l-d-b-e-n-e-a-t-h
michaeloakleysynthwave.bandcamp.com/album/california
newretrowave.bandcamp.com/album/syndicate-shadow
cjburnett.bandcamp.com/album/moonlit-city
duett.bandcamp.com/album/borderline
forcescreative.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=SUh0PsW7XyI
youtube.com/watch?v=kR5q2fXfkVo
lecassette.bandcamp.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It's alright. Just keep on keepin' on. Just remember the good times despite time moving forward!

Attached: 15642576806562890608641983072320.jpg (2560x1440, 1.33M)

I know what you mean man..

Attached: lkanekuxpa531.jpg (1024x1280, 318K)

Nah... I am sorry man, I beg to differ. It wasn't alright. None of it.

Closing down the arcade was fucking terrible. That was a holy place, a temple of joy, somewhere we gather and unite.

For example, I remember one time I had no money. And I was just standing from a far, looking at an older boy play somekind of shooter. He let me play his last coin, for no other reason than simple kindness. And I knew that one day, when I earned money from mowing the lawn, I would pass that kindness on to another kid. It was circle of life. I still to this day can't believe we let that shit slide so easily. Let them just close down those caves of wonder, and replace it with another fucking shop selling women clothes.

People, especially us who were around to experience this have got to speak up. People need to be told that they are not awkward, desperate and goofy because they don't have the talent it takes to be social, they are just actually desperate, awkward and goofy. It is way too common.

Has anybody here ever had the bullshit idea that friends is just something you have up until you're past you're twenties, then you are supposed to live the rest of your life alone in a dog eat dog world?

I have met people who have pondered if that is just the way life is. Holy shit! It is fucking brutal!

Attached: 7c4ab991-ac53-4ccf-a8a3-ea431aaa5312_750x422.jpg (750x422, 53K)

1980's to 2005.

Sad indeed. Think of what could have been by now.

Foolish people long for yesterday.
These are your good old days. Better get living.

where is that

OP is 100% correct!

las vegas airport in the 80s

>80s was peak civilization
>warm on drugs
>terrorism wide spread
sage

It was great besides in Chicago and New York

why god why don't we have that anymore

why did stuff in the late 80s and early 90s have so much color?

Attached: wawa.png (766x382, 435K)

>this is what they thought the future would be like in the 80s

youtube.com/watch?v=d68yRIE9OvQ

Attached: bttf2.png (1247x673, 992K)

It was just a fucking arcade, christ.

Oh yeah, the 1980s were just amazing. Drug crime and murders going through the roof, graffiti on every fucking surface imaginable and getting robbed nonstop. Only morons would take a snapshot of a fucking shopping mall and call it the good years. Society was absolutely fucked.

Attached: 1981.jpg (818x555, 77K)

> to 2005

No, it wasn't. When the world trade centre fell, people started selling each other out for safety. You need a three year bachelors degree for a low skill job, like filing applications, today. Because the employer doens't wanna take any risk, ultimately creating a bigger poor underclass, with no hopes for the future, making the world less safe.

The fall of the WTC also brought along with it a huge fucking despair with every single movie being about the world ending, from the late 90s up until 2012. It was fucking decline, just absolutely brutal.

Pokemon, the new cucked version of POG in the schoolyeard was failing to draw crowds and create a good wholesome enviroment for youngsters. People were not allowed to go trick and treating because the parents feared poison. Like, we gave small children cell-phones. It was the start of helicopter parenting that ultimately resultet in the massive growth of social justice warriors.

So short answer: No. The good institutions that made the 80s a great time had allready closed down. Jews were shilling for war in Iraq. White people was bending over backwards, and people had stopped politely disagreeing. TV and entertainment had allready stopped their appeal to our positive emotions and used fear and loathing to sell their products. It was the start of the whole: The father is a bubling poor idiot, the butt of every joke, in commercials and sit-coms. Girls had allready been defiled by Spice Girls, they were nasty.

Sorry bro. I am somewhat happy that you are so unaware of the 80s that you don't realize how terrible your childhood was. Great cope.

Attached: 065ee24bdda8523e7dea23a6f840474b.jpg (2048x2048, 476K)

Look how great this is! SO COMFY I WOULD LOVE TO LIVE IN THIS TIME PERIOD!!!

Attached: nyc.jpg (474x355, 40K)

Attached: Amazing Photos Of 1980s New York City by Steven Siegel.jpg (640x419, 88K)

God images like this fill me with such intense melancholy that's hard to describe. Its like how the future was supposed to be

Attached: qwe_download.jpg (640x448, 48K)

Ok this one is from Philadelphia. I felt like I was shitting too hard on one city.

Attached: ghetto_2.jpg (695x525, 115K)

I would like The Midnight a lot more if it wasn't for the nigger-sounding vocals.

Attached: Screenshot_2019-05-24 Muslim Antisemitism Compilation (1 2) - YouTube.png (785x523, 846K)

This one is from when Philly dropped a literal bomb on a separatist group and destroyed a few blocks. Just ~Comfy 80s things~

Attached: 052010_2357_MOVE1.jpg (724x499, 91K)

I experienced the entirety of the American 80s. It was ok. It wasnt a sacred time except for technology. The OP is correct in its value for nostalgia, it was the last white decade where we left everyone else in their own filth and moved forward. It came apart because of greed and the Boomer hate of today comes from that too, only its directly at the failures who couldn't provide for their children

Attached: 1562726955674.jpg (640x480, 52K)

>Often, people will tell you that you have no right to even speak about it, because you were not born yet.
Being a guy who was born in early 1982, I will always vouch / stick up for any of you 90s and 00s fags who say the 80s was better.
My memories of the 80s aren't the strongest, and I consider myself more of a child of the 90s (early and mid 90s was great and was built upon what the 80s gave us), but I can recollect enough to know that times were definitely better.

Attached: 1557447407178.jpg (1809x1224, 334K)

Do you make synthwave?

Attached: 1505769813554.jpg (306x306, 18K)

I loved hearing my dad an uncle talk about their cop days in NYC during the 1980’s I was 9 in 1982 but they never joked about it then, when I got older in my 20’s and 30’s and they had retired is when o started hearing about the ass kickings they gave to blacks, spics, drug dealers, hookers, stupid white college kids,homeless vagrants, drug addicts, and other assorted dregs of humanity. All that shit is gone today, I remember when I got out of the service and wanted to become a cop my dad talked me out of it, he said “it’s just not as fun anymore!”

checked
what a beautiful picture

Make Airports Great Again

>to 2005
You're out of your fucking mind. The good ride ended almost 10 years earlier. Then it was a steady decline beginning around 1996. After 9/11 it was a totally different world.

Attached: D3wkjnIWkAAJyRP.jpg (576x1024, 55K)

>Foolish people long for yesterday.
Fuck off, we're rescuing our dead father from the underworld.

Attached: 1556411540458.jpg (600x414, 75K)

Because that was peoples attitude. The way that gas station looks was how you felt waking up in the morning.

Like, it wasn't impossible for a unpopular boy or girl to become popular. Like, I was a nerd initially. And I spent a lot of time at the arcade, then reading nintendo magazine at the snackbar. But when I wanted to make myself more desirable by getting into a gang of jocks, that was actually really easy. Because lots of them were competative athleats, who also liked to hang out and have fun at the arcade. So, when I went to the gym I was allready in a cool gang of Jock-friends that would help me out.

Like, in the late 80s up until even 2000, people would just appear out of nowhere to spot you. My experience was totally alien to what you see at the gym today. If you started shaking while almost doing any kind of lift, a gymbro would just spot you emediatly. I am not joking, like, I remember squating, I was getting tired and shaky, and all of a sudden some massive dude is standing behind me all like "You got this bro!", you know in that gay squat spotting position. It was hilarious, people were way more outgoing.

It wasn't just the colour, it was actually LIKE THAT!

Now a days, stuff like that is just another fucking add, when you get in there its the same dead inside docile lifeless people in there as everywhere else.

People need to wake up to the fact that it wasn't always like that, and more importantly, that it doesn't have to be that!

Attached: 52607742_2383438415210637_4539719873877718373_n.jpg (1080x1350, 169K)

happier times
In contrast, look at Eastern Europe. Drab colors and architecture forever.. less happiness, less sense of well-being.

You don't just throw out all the good things about it because there were some negative elements.
This is exactly what the phrase "Don't throw out the baby with the bath water" means.

Attached: 1556416337563.jpg (1600x2348, 999K)

Just listen to actual 80s music.
Why do people bother with modern plagiarisations is beyond me.

>Here's a picture of some housing projects ruined by niggers. Haha, this totally invalidates anything you think was good about the 80s.
People like you should consider cyanide ingestion.

Attached: 1563939746938.png (777x436, 624K)

Once the brown hordes finally destroy it all. White culture will return for good.

Social media totally fucked us. The society is full of colder people now.. people who are so self-concerned that they don't care about anyone else's well-being. They'd rather record you dying than do the honorable thing and easily step up and offer to help.

Absolutely relevant video that everyone needs to see:
youtube.com/watch?v=RYbe-35_BaA

Attached: 03-04-hal-80sartisttwocontributed.jpg (2100x2100, 721K)

Because modern synthwave takes the best of 80s and builds upon it. There are so many more tools to create that kind of music now. And it keeps things fresh. I don't know about you, but I've been burned out on listening to the same 80s artists over and over again. Sometimes, you just need something similar but new.

Gunship is better.

I think that both liking classic 80s music, and music that is aiding the revival, appreciation of the 80s, or leads to the blackpill of contrasting now with then, is completely based. One shouldn't badmouth either one, considering the utter shit they are willing to play on the radio these days.

I doubt people really understand how much the baby got thrown out with the bathwater in the 80s. If people knew the solitude home console gaming, nettflix and advancing comunication technology would bring. Closing arcades, closing VHS-rentals, closing cinema, people disappearing from the streets, morbid obesity. Like, we would have made that shit illegal, because it has destroyed our way of life. Not by making things worse, but by taking away things that were objectively good. Like, all the arenas I mentioned now, were places you could go alone, but return having made new friends from.

I love me some architecture, but now every building has to be like two boxing stacked on top of each other, and it is such good art because the one box is sliding off the other box. And it is always sterile looking. The malls was in your face and fun. It appealed to you as a servant to a king. It was like: Hey sir, are you well sir? Can I suck your dick today sir? Anything we can do to make you feel better? Now it is just a place you go because you need to make dinner. It was pop, it was cheesy and goofy, but it had love. And we loved the cashier. Now people are rude to the cashiers because they know they are paid to be nice to them. It is disgusting, true mark of moral decline.

We are all eating a giant shit-sandwich out here. We are all in the same boat.

It also directs young people to the right moral, just the simple idea that the 80s are better leads to corrective red pill measures in everyday situations.

You may say so. But if you ask 10 people who have lived through the 80s, ask them what was the best century.

Attached: 65300450_115939223002312_1058260698977225753_n.jpg (480x480, 42K)

>born in the 90s
>tfw will never be able to experience peak 80s
>best music
>best vibe
>no fucking iphones
>no cancerous social media

Attached: 1521825367110.gif (487x416, 3.75M)

The girl in that video is actually in the comment section.

Gunship, Scandroid, VHS Dreams, FM-84, Duett, Robert Parker, Neon Nox, Michael Oakley, Ogre, Waveshaper, Sunset Neon, CJ Burnett

future80s.bandcamp.com/album/trans-am
stratfordcompilations.bandcamp.com/track/zane-alexander-w-o-r-l-d-b-e-n-e-a-t-h
michaeloakleysynthwave.bandcamp.com/album/california
newretrowave.bandcamp.com/album/syndicate-shadow
cjburnett.bandcamp.com/album/moonlit-city
duett.bandcamp.com/album/borderline

Because I'm showing pictures of reality and everyone else wearing rose tinted glasses are posting promotional material (like you) or some throwback purple neon hellhole. The 1970s and 1980s were absolute hell except for those who lived in very nice suburban bubbles.

Attached: subway.jpg (640x512, 59K)

You have the right ideas, user.

it's so beautiful and yet so fleeting....

Attached: 1564194320141.jpg (640x640, 118K)

>nice suburban bubbles
Only poorfags stayed in the city

>Because I'm showing pictures of reality
Except your pictures weren't "reality" everywhere all the time. See the youtube video I posted above. Does it look wrecked and trashed and demoralized to you? Most places were not at all like the pictures you post. Just stop it already, it's dishonest and nihilistic.

Hell yes.

>here's a subway car that has been sitting in a junkyard for years
>haha the 80s were terrible

>ntimately know that the time period between 1980 up until early 1990 was peak wholesome civilization.
Born in 1980. Everyone wants to know what could have caused a man to kill 6 gorillion Jews? I just want the world to know I had a perfect childhood.

Everything went tits up after 9/11. We became paralyzed by our own fears and sold each other out. It was already peaking in the 90s but it just got so much worse. Then it kept getting worse. It doesn't even make any sense anymore.

Attached: 1515012023212.jpg (546x896, 91K)

It was great, that's where most respectable white middle class types lived. Now we don't even have that.

9/11 plus the rise of social media after Facebook was a 1-2 punch and society is worse off as a result of both.

I've seriously considered making my next phone a non-smartphone.

>Live in the pas t Goy
>Wallow in despair Goy
It was never as nice as you remember it. Look ahead and build something better.

Attached: Christ saves.jpg (1404x1804, 363K)

>no fucking iphones

Hohoho!
If you only knew half of it. I bet that if you work as a cashier now a days, or any job like that, your boss will just call you in the evening and nag you to come in to work on your day off. Back in the 80s, they would have to call on the house phone and go through either your mom and dad first. So they kept that shit to a bare minimum and peope rarely called in sick, because the idea that you could just force someone in on their day off was just a NOPE. People were outside their house, they had plans, they were not gaming and watching youtube out of boredom.

There are some really bad ideas that come up around the late 90s. And one of them is the attitude of "Its none of my business" or "I am just trying to keep my job" or whatever people tell themselves when they cuck for situations that require somekind of action that is related to social interaction.

Like, "A girl is looking down on her phone, she is probably too busy" And the girl might even think she is. But you're not. You are desperate for human interaction. Its wierd, because to me it is like seeing starving people refuse to take food when it is offered to them. But it is not just related to pick-up and women, its everywhere. Even in how you treat service personel around you. It is like people have forgotten that the workers that serves them are actual human beings, with emotions that can't just be turned off because they are at work, they are still human. People feel pressured to give into being service robots without emotion to deal with the cold customers who pretend to not care.

It is truly messed up and needs to be pointed out.

Ah, yes. I remember the first trip on a plane like this. It was wholesome as fuck. Didn't even have to get sexually assaulted by the TSA.

Attached: 65583818_341260476793813_1647848988069573071_n.jpg (1080x1080, 116K)

>This picture should awaken melancholy in everyone.

It does. I was 9 in 1984, and malls were a neon fucking wonderland.

>It was never as nice as you remember it. Look ahead and build something better.
No shithead, we take the good things from that era, the things we like, and we resurrect them and modernize them and build upon them.

>People were outside their house, they had plans, they were not gaming and watching youtube out of boredom.

That's the way it was when I was little too. We were all outside doing literally anything. Now everyone has to get likes on their fucking instagram pages and shit. I hate it all.

I remember arcades in the malls in the early 90s. I hardly remember them in the 80s. But aesthetically, the arcades in malls in the early 90s really hadn't changed much from when they were built in the 80s. Arcades went in decline once disc-based video game systems entered the home market.

>Boomer thread

I just miss the late-90s.

>tfw will never relive 99

>thinks "boomer" means anyone older than 30
what a fag

So do I. I saw the original video earlier of when Tony Hawk landed the 900. It was a big deal back then. Know what you notice in the crowd? No one is holding up a screen in front of their faces. They're all just cheering and having a good time.

The local mall I went to as a kid was used for 'The Lovely Bones' because it never progressed from its original look. The closed the shitheap down for a number of years before it was featured in the film. I lived in a suburban area and it was still fucking shit. The 80s and 90s were just as fucked up as today. Just now we can see all the degenerate shit and crimes in real time because of the internet.

Attached: mpv-shot0004.jpg (640x272, 54K)

That's the year when you could really sense that radio and MTV transitioned from "top 40" to "top 10"... not a good year for popular music in my opinion.

>The 80s and 90s were just as fucked up as today.
watch this, you nihilistic killjoy:

At least MTV/VH1 were still music-heavy then.

Just stumbled upon this.. so much beautiful nostalgia
forcescreative.com/

Attached: Miami_1.png (1000x1000, 452K)

>At least MTV/VH1 were still music-heavy then.
but rapidly becoming less-so

>force things.
You have to create an iron will that cuts through all of eternity.

>bisexual lighting

True. TRL was basically the last holdover from MTV being music-centric. Jersey Shore killed off MTV really being about music. I would also blame Real World for the shift.

>60 hz ultrawide

hue hue

>TRL was basically the last holdover from MTV being music-centric
They would often only play a few minutes at most of music videos.
I remember one episode where people could vote online for the #1 video for the week. I can't remember which video it was that won, but there was a mass effort to vote for a video that was made in like the 80s. They played about 10 seconds of it.

Yeah, people did try to troll TRL a lot, then they made the rules that you could only vote for what's listed and nothing else.

user the 80s didn't actually look like that.
> You are at the arcade, networking, meeting people older than you, younger than you, girls, boys, nerds, jocks.
and pedos
>This leads to girlfriend, friends, wholesome grilling at the beach, no impenetratable gangs of people you never get to know, the possabilities are endless!
gamers in the 80s were nerds who unless they created a multi million dollar corporation were not going to get laid.
>2019 is a complete shit-hole
the 80s were crime infested and degenerate the difference is that now its all at home and not in the open.
I agree 2019 sucks but the 80s was no fantasyland bro.

Saw that awhile ago but always a joy to revisit. Try filming that today and you'd be lucky to get more than a grunt or an eye roll out of most people.

Another good one:
youtube.com/watch?v=SUh0PsW7XyI

>demoralization objective: complete
Here's another "throw the baby out with the bath water" types... easily ignored.

heres another zoomer you thinks he knows the 80s

Where is my fucking flying car?
I know where, in the nevada dessert, hiding in a hangar. Fuck big petrol.

Yeah, it is fucking deconstructivist black pill that just reks your life, when you realize how bad things actually are. But there is also a constructive side to it, there are things in the 80s that you can bring back to society today, even if you have no money. And you should know that when you are fighting the apathetic post 90s urge to treat a cashier like a nobody whom you don't care about, that little drop of water on the fire actually adds up when more people realize that we need to get off this fucking ride to a nasty world nobody wants. Its not like I am leaving anyone without directions. Everybody allready know they want change, imagine if a president, preferably Trump, actually went out and said they were gonna usher in a new improved 80s.

Yeah. In the 80s you would show up with your CV and job application. And if you were one of those guys who didn't do to well in school, but was friendly and out-going, you would usually just get the job because of that.

Now people apply online, so they don't have to deal with you as a person. Just as a paper.

Let him cope. The pain of having lost something as precious as this is unbearable to some.

Malls are dying now. They took the arcade, the vhs rental, the comicbook shop, the snackbar, the cinema. They never stop, they're taking the fucking malls. They will probably keep pushing until we live in small boxes and take drugs to sleep away the time we're not at the office.

Yes, I hate the saying, don't believe the people who say we can't go back. Look at the reneisance. It is fucking possible!

I believe you. I rarely ever see groups spontaniously form on the sidewalk. Just five people meeting there for no reason, because they all have different places to go. There are no places to go! I am not saying that VHS and arcade are the bed rock of civilization, but we had more places to go than just the grocery store. And theyre GONE!

Attached: untitled-362.jpg (1084x720, 181K)

retrowave fantasy. few had anything like that. miami vice was a tv show.

Get on my level, plebians

Attached: Rome.jpg (1024x748, 393K)

I can't tell if a person or an AI wrote that. I don't really mean it as an insult to either party.

kys boomer

youtube.com/watch?v=kR5q2fXfkVo

I HEAR YOUR VOICE ON RADIO!

Attached: AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!.jpg (746x541, 45K)

I do a number of things. Does anyone in this thread happen to have the Korg Gadget 3 for Nintendo switch?

100% heterosexual.

It was 65 bux. I cannot complain.

Went to one of their concerts. Had a fuckin' blast. Met Tyler after the show as I was trying to buy merch before my Lyft back to the hotel. Great time!

Attached: 20190509_163109.jpg (4032x2268, 2.28M)

>heres another zoomer you thinks he knows the 80s
see

>Look at the reneisance

We're going to have fall a lot further if we're going to use that as an example. This is just the beginning

shit, that song is /comfy/
just found where it came from:
lecassette.bandcamp.com/

The window completely kills it. Put a blanket over that shit

your room is awfully chaotic

>Met Tyler after the show
should have told him to get off his "urban" vocals kick

>shopping mall is supposed to be nostalgic
You are my enemy

Attached: 20150821_121648.jpg (889x500, 424K)

Even with the omnious music, it looks wholesome as fuck. Marty and Doc completely fucked us in this movie. We lost all this so that Marty's son would not go to jail! Brutal!

They had actual articles about flying cars in science magazines in the 80s and early 90s.

Actually, comment is a perfect example of what somebody, who is a complete post 90s piece of shit person, like that Destiny guy on youtube, would write.

Ouh, I am one person with a different opinion. I am gonna take a shit on your dream! I am a fucking bad-ass! YAY! I stole some of your hope, I spread some doubt on the collective pursuit of happines. Arcades are full of pedos, we had to close them down, we need safety.

Pretty much sums up why we have to fight this cancer. Imagine a world where everyone is this poster.

80s probably had its problems, but it was not the fucking utter peak degeneracy, trans kids, drag kids dancing in strip-club, soon to come civil war in USA, second generation more radical than the first muslim infested shithole of 2019. Not to forget the jews that got rich, but never gives anything back to the west that has been so good to them. It is a fucking dog eat dog world.

We need to admit that we were wrong. When we branched off from the rails in mid 90s we did a fucking huge oopsie. its just one bad idea after another. Because it isn't actual good ideas, but commercials distracting you from the fact that you're just gonna get fucked.

I say it again! We can go back! The renaisance allready proved this. We can make an improved 80s. But first people have to admit that they were wrong. The hunt for safety, rejecting people without seeing them, treating cashiers like strangers, it all has to fucking go! Its not much, because it is a start. We can keep building, but people have got to take the 80s pill.

Attached: tumblr_onti1cgQ5h1vefcuxo1_r2_1280.jpg (1200x900, 385K)

This is what really gets me with the retrowave aesthetic... It's from a better time. Now long gone... I miss the 90s... But then America became a satanic kike worshipping nation.

I have a plant on window sill.

>your room is awfully chaotic
Thanks.

>should have told him to get off his "urban" vocals kick
I'll be sure to do it next time.

Attached: 20190626_202403.jpg (2560x1440, 1.14M)