New border barrier in Imperial Beach replacing old rickety fence

New border barrier in Imperial Beach replacing old rickety fence.
I actually live about an hour north of the border and travel due south regularly, seen the difference in the two myself. Pretty significant improvements. Will provide more pictures of the wall improvements.

Attached: wall.png (791x777, 612K)

>NUP ITS JUST A FUCKING FENCE DRUMPF LIED SHOULDA VOTED HILLDOG

That fence only goes to like Otay Mesa. The existing fence isn't the issue. The lack of fence in huge parts of thr US is.
t. IB guy

This provides the starkest comparison between old border wall/barrier and the new one being constructed.
New one looks to be around 25-30 feet tall. No spikes on top, but some sort of flat slat at the top

Attached: wall2.jpg (2048x1536, 299K)

cool fence
let me know when its more than just a few short sections

The fence should be removed through Cali

okay well get it done Ib guy

wait wait... the news told me that ZERO miles were completed?

This is outstanding, my heart soars to see this.
But I kind of understand why leftards seethe so mightily when they see this

Well, with more funding being unlocked by the S.C. from military funds I'm sure we'll be seeing more in the near future.
Another comparison photo, this one comparing the old sea border barrier to the newer design

Attached: wall3.png (892x1094, 1.1M)

good thread post moar pics

Just gonna throw this out here...but wouldn't a pit work better?
>harder to tunnel under
>still needs a ladder to get over
>can be filled with sharp objects

A pit probably wouldn't have the same psychological impact as the wall.
Also a pit provides places to hide.

We could fill it with "pit" bulls.

Attached: 1560740966057.jpg (1024x1018, 106K)

Closer to the barrier itself. Posts seem to made of solid steel/iron sunken in concrete with supportive struts.
Pretty simple design. Looks effective to me.

Attached: wall4.jpg (2048x1536, 594K)

needs machine gun nests

more "new" fence in those "strategic locations" where no one is crossing anyway? keep up the good work donald shills

Guys, serious question: are the new walls tall enough?

It's a positive development for sure, but it still seems rather easy to climb if you have the time. If there are no regular patrols shooting people down this wall won't help shit desu

You mean like actual legitimate bulls or dogs?

I mean, 25-30 feet (if what OP says is true) is pretty damn high, higher than some buildings and they sure are way harder to climb for old, children and pregnant women. But if you have time, determination and a bit of gear, you can still get over it with your whole family

That’s what it is? About 25/30 feet? Ok. Yea that’s probably high enough, then.

You would need at least a 30' ladder to get over the barrier, which would be difficult to hide, and difficult to cart over the desert.
...Are you implying it isn't new? It wasn't here 6 months ago

B-b-but, hes only replacing existing fence.... right guys.... right?

Attached: Screenshot_20190728-221558_Chrome.jpg (394x496, 75K)

I'm up for whatever works man.

Attached: 1558659546447.jpg (231x218, 8K)

>You would need at least a 30' ladder to get over the barrier, which would be difficult to hide, and difficult to cart over the desert.
Or a rope with a hook

You'd need to be pretty fit to climb a rope that high. It also doesn't appear to be very conducive to climbing with the top flat slat.

Many of those areas are fenced on paper and that fence was never built in practice.

Word games. Trump is legally entitled to build 50 "new" miles and 700 "replacement" miles. The replacement miles are getting built first because it's easier. The issue is the remaining 200 miles are stonewalled by Congress.

Then shills go "zero 'new' miles built" when the bulk of the wall was always going to be replacing old outdated fences with a 30 foot fuckoff barrier

And I guarantee when the whole thing is complete the same shills will say "WOW ONLY 250 NEW MILES, HE PROMISED A 1000 FOOT WALL!" because they are EXTREMELY jewish in argumentation

The point of the wall is that any illegal caught within 100 miles of the border can be deported without trial. The wall slows them down so they can be caught and removed.

This is why Obama's "deportations" were higher than Trump's, because Trump changed the way deportations are calculated to stop counting these border removals as genuine deportations. Bush was the one that instituted that statistical trick, to make it look like he was tough on immigration to his base. Trump ended it because it's bullshit.

>Well, with more funding being unlocked by the S.C. from military funds I'm sure we'll be seeing more in the near future.

I think the SC decision just allowed the money to be used while the legal challenge went ahead.

>You'd need to be pretty fit to climb a rope that high. It also doesn't appear to be very conducive to climbing with the top flat slat.
Isn't Rope climbing mandatory in your PE classes? It's over here, we do it at least 2 times per year.
I am also counting on having these horizontal bars as support, see here >any illegal caught within 100 miles of the border can be deported without trial.
I didn't actually know that was a thing, thanks user

What exactly does that mean?
Mexicans and central Americans aren't exactly known for their physical fitness prowess.

>What exactly does that mean?

The use of that money could yet be stopped by a future SC or lower court decision. Those court cases are ongoing.

He really needs to pull an Andrew Jackson and just ignore all lower court decisions.

>but wouldn't a pit work better?
No, the pit can be crossed easily with a ladder bridge, unless the pit is made with straight walls any slight incline on the side walls is a little step that can be used for a ladder bridge, meaning that it would have to be wider than available ladders and deeper than 10 feet to make them afraid of crossing. The wall option is far better.

Keep in mind last monday Mr. Trump issued a policy change so that any illegal who entered the US since the beginning of 2017 is now subject to the same "without trial" deportation. This is part of Trump's 2020 policy platform push that aims to eliminate the laws which force us to give trials to these people in the first place- once accomplished it would finally enable us to "trail of beans" all illegals in this country.

Keep in mind there's like a dozen different laws, EOs and policies that were put in place to defend them. Laws which require trials before deportation, DACA and DAPA that protected illegals from being arrested to bring them to trial, a bunch of other stupid loopholes. Trump is pretty much fighting 50 years of policies designed to prevent deportation here, which is why the process is going so slowly.

Ok, I'm following what you are saying.
>the pit needs to be
>thirty feet deep
>forty feet across
>and both sides of the wall need to be at about 30° from the base

I'm still down for the pit bulls and actual bulls though.

They need to build the fence five miles out to sea to block the sewage and save the sea
Just imagine:
>no more dirty beach
>property values shoot up
>whites/Asians move in
>Mexicans pushed east to otay Mesa
a win for everyone

Way too late for that my friend
Most people south of downtown San Diego legit don't speak any english, at all

Why are you saying he only needs to build 250 new miles of barriers?

700 miles were built by Obama/Bush/Clinton/previous guys. He is legally entitled to replace them as the government already owns it and he is required to do maintenance on it.

This was always his plan- the 950 miles he wanted to build, most was already built. It was just really shitty, 6 foot elementary school kid fence not designed to actually keep anyone out.

The reason there is so much resistance is because 18-30 feet bollard wall is an actual barrier. The previous barriers were not designed to stop anyone, just to look good on paper while illegals hopped the fence and got in.

The remaining 250 miles do not exist and are not yet bought up by the government so Trump has had to fight tooth and nail just for the 50/250 he's currently entitled by law to build. These 250 are the "new" barriers, the ones that never existed before Trump.

What about the children of illegals being given citizenship? That's a major problem here - even if the parents are deported they leave 4-5 kids who were born here.

Honestly there are 800k kids born each year to non-citizens. Trump is combating that by putting in place legal barriers to prevent birth tourism- where chinks are pregnant and come to America to overstay their visas and give birth. Obama allowed these barriers to lapse.

The thing to realize is that non-white births have only overtaken white births (by like .2%) because during the recession their births were falling hard. So Obama put in place policies to make it easy for the wives of non-citizens on temporary visas to migrate here.

This is why out of 800k kids born to non-citizens, only around 320k are born to illegals- the other 480k are born to illegals (tourists, temporary visas, permanent residents).

Trump has worked to restrict visas given to the wives of temporary residents (such as H1Bs) so they can't come here and poop out a bunch of pajeet babies.

IF the president is successful in getting a sixth SCOTUS judge and can unilaterally issue an EO saying birthright citizenship for non-citizens is not allowed and the SCOTUS upholds it, then he'll have done more than I ever even thought legally possible.

But those ones who already have citizenship? Tough bridge to cross. However good news is at least one got arrested and will probably get deported since he didn't have his papers correctly in order because his mother is an illiterate beaner so there's hope. If Trump gets his 60 senate seats in 2020 like he's planning on, we might just yet unfuck this and by 2030 be living in a decent country again.

Attached: H4 ban.png (1315x753, 125K)