Traditionalism and Julius Evola

Does /pol talk about good right-wing philosophy such as Evola or do we just shit post according to collective outrage over leftist philosophy without any philosophical rebuttal except appeals to absurdism?

Attached: ae3cea09-decb-4109-a815-89986c02ee9c.png (1600x1085, 1.07M)

Is the writing by Evola and others such as Perdue or Devi even worth reading?

Is there even a good place to start?

Unrelated, is it even worth opening books like Hunter/Siege/The Turner Diaries? Or are they so radical they don't even hold any literary merit.

Evola is somewhat popular on /lit/

>good right-wing philosophy
>such as Evola
lmao

t. never been on lit

Evola is highly worth reading, especially if you have a background in some basic philosophy and interest in Traditional spirituality and values. Can't speak for Perdue of Devi. Whatve you heard?

As for Hunter/Siege/The Turner Diaries, I call that fascist/Nat Soc lore and fantasy.

Nice response, user. Great debate skills and refutations of key premises. Bravo.

evola is an unbelievable hack. hes just a larping faggot that cries endlessly about how nobody respects his antiquated italian aristocratic title

He was a pure reactionary. nothing he wrote had any substance.

He converted to Islam. He belongs in a dumpster along with his shitty books.

Traditionalism my ass.

Attached: IHSBN.png (350x495, 91K)

Must I call out the ad hominem or do you actually have a point to discuss about his philosophy?

Someone sounds butthurt. Nice rhetorical appeal to emotion to avoid discussing his thought, though.

I have been on lit. He is mentioned ofter, although Guénon seems to be more respected.
>cries endlessly about how nobody respect his titles
Which of his books have you read?
>pure reactionary
Is this is an insult? Nice arguments.

René Guénon converted to Islam, not Evola

Thank you. I didn't want to entertain purposeful spread of misinformation meant to dissuade a curious audience who detests modern Islam from engaging his ideas by using an emotional appeal to their tastes, not sound logic. But I'm glad someone stepped up to correct the record in defense of Evola anyway.

He heaps praise on Islam and attacks Christianity. He was a complete brainlet.

Personally, I've read his "Meditations on the Peaks: Mountain Climbing as Metaphor for the Spiritual Quest". Whoever enjoys outdoors and hiking I suggest he reads it.

ITT: People who had to google who the fuck Evola was and then come make big brained shitposts about what they think about him.
>Me too though.

Well clearly you have no reason why he does that. His reasons for doing it are valid probably more so today than his time.

I believe that's Guénon you're talking about.

Evola is absolutely worth reading. I would study hermetic philosophy first though. Evola will make a lot more sense that way.

This, Evola is not for pseuds. Same as Nietzsche, even though the latter is eternally more important to the right than Evola.

All comments are great and all, but actually say SOMETHING about his philosophy, agreed or contentious. Even Google queens can come up with some ideas if they researched his views properly to inquire more about his thinking.

So tired of "he is good" or "he sucks" shitposting. Actually DEVELOP YOUR MIND.

How so, senpai, and for what perspective?

Sorry to hijack the thread, but where should one "start" with Evola?

Evola is incredibly interesting. The problem is that his writings are not entry level, so your average person might pick up one of his major works and less than three pages in close it, thinking "what a fucking weirdo hack" because they have no framework in place to process what they're reading.
I too started the first of his three major works (in order: "Revolt Against the Modern World" -> "Men Among the Ruins" -> "Ride the Tiger") some years ago but just didn't understand what he was babbling on about and immediately stopped. Then I delved into the major existentialists first — Kierkegaard, Schopenhauer, Nietzsche, Heidegger — and recently returned to Evola. I started off with two of his more delineated works, "Meditations on the Peaks" and then "Eros & the Mysteries of Love", which in hindsight was a good idea. It gets you used to the way Evola thinks and writes, while still dealing with somewhat tangible or concrete matters. If afterwards you get into his more abstract and all-encompassing Traditionalism, I think you'll be well equipped to understand it.

Evola isnt really a philosopher. Hes similar to the decadent writers in the early 20th century that tried to convey a deeper message by using imagery and narrative. Not a philosopher.

He outlines and compares similarities of civilizations and how they metaphysically unite in belief structures that influenced the way they operated. How is this not philosophy? You have to be well-read in the universalization of the enlightenment project to understand that what he is doing is universalizing values across all cultures throughout time to demonstrate the importance of those values and ways of thinking on how to "be" in this world which is bombarded with change and contingency.

Good question. I was lucky that my education gave me a framework through which I understand him, but desu, I don't know where I'd begin to help someone start down the path. I am a unique educational blend of self learning and formal pedagogy. Any takers?

I get it. But he's similar to Saint Augustine where he tried to implement theology (or a philosophy) to history. Saint Augustine never referred to himself to a philosopher, but a historian and writer.

Rather than Evola, Nietzsche or Guenon specifically I find all philosophy from exterior sources to be complete bunk. If the only way you feel comfortable confronting enlightenment is through the lens of some long dead philosopher who by dint of being long dead, was only capable of holding a set of ideals, morals and prinicpals relevant to his own time ,then I suggest you get off the internet and unbury your head from the musty tomes you and others like you seem so desperate to latch on to. Let the events of your own life inform your perceptions. You don't need some figure from antiquity to tell you what to think or what you're worth. You don't need me to tell you that either.

Tl;dr
Philosophy is about as useful as teats on a tranny, insofar as fulfilling the role of teats goes. If you wasted time obtaining a degree in philosophy, I hope the universe is kind to you. But it won't be.

Start with The Hermetic Tradition, then read Revolt Against The Modern World. Fair warning though, trying to interpret hermeric metaphors can be like driving blindfolded. You'll have to actually study rather than read. Otherwise you will merely fill your head with words.