Philosopher here

So with much thought put into my ideas I might as well provide some wisdom to the board. AMA

Attached: plato.jpg (1200x1800, 161K)

Why do you think you have wisdom to share?

An Italian philosopher recently said: We are living in an era, for the first time in human history, where intellectuals are more stupid that common people.

It’s more just that nobody has a fucking clue what’s going on because the entire system is crumbling. Least of all OP.

When did you realize that you’re cock sucking habit is really gay?

Did you study philosophy in a formal college or university? If so, have you ever pondered or questioned why exactly you place so much faith in the education system? I suppose that if you must be taught how to think for yourself by someone else, it's entirely reasonable to assume that what you are being taught may only be a portion of the puzzle or distorted; as information in a school flows in a pyramid and the student at the bottom only recieves what the senior steps of the pyramid allow them to. This creates a potential thought loop where those in power control what you think and when. Although it's hypothetical, I believe that if you must be taught your philosophy then you are bound to be another cog in the machine.

Fpbp.
Same with self appointed 'thought leaders'.

What is the meaning of niggers?

t. a person who pretends to be an intellectual but is actually crazy and spewing nonsense that only sounds like something important.

Public education was useful for bringing literacy rates up but has overstayed its welcome. Prove me wrong.
Intellectuals ought to be self-taught when it comes to anything but technical knowledge.

> hasn't read OP's treatise on niggery

Elon Musk here

Ask me anything

Are traps gay?

Anti intellectual here, intellectuals must be brought to heel. Don’t ask me anything fuck off.

If it has a penis, it is a man therefore I don't care how feminine it looks, it's fucking gay.

Good one though I will say, might just be a trope to win over the "common people" in the same way democrats (and I mean anyone involve in a democracy) is going to say what people want to hear. You know why that quote is popular? Because the common people like hearing that they are the smart ones! FPBP

Attached: cursed image.png (611x444, 545K)

philosophy will ponder pointless meaningless questions while the scientific method moves on.
Go back to thinking about the shadows in the cave

Attached: 15624053jjhhh11556.png (361x363, 146K)

why is peepee hard

One should be suspect of those who discourage people spending time learning because they probably don't want them to discover information that goes against the mainstream narrative

Philosophy invents meaningless questions. Science invents meaningless answers.

says the faggot using technology invented thanks to science

If you don't have deeply considered and insightful answers to the following questions, you can fuck right off calling yourself a "philosopher"
>what makes us human?
>why do we have a proclivity towards organized religion?
>what is the goal (or meaning, or purpose) of life? Is it to procreate, to be happy, to serve God, or...?

Attached: 1510336825455.jpg (1600x1594, 2.98M)

What is your philosophical branch and what school of thought are you influenced by or you adhere to?

Genius here, ask me anytrhing.

Yeah, science sure is advancing these days.
Isn't masculinity a mental defect yet?
Oh, tell me how much you've advanced in genetics since the scientific community has rejected to investigate racial genetic distinction
Or how our R and D is paralyzed because of gibs to the Third World. Can't have these niggers helping themselves!

I mostly do the thinking myself, I took philosophy 101 in college and to be honest it's the one redpilled class an user could take because (atleast in my class) we went purely into western philosophy which talked about all the things us anons on Jow Forums understand like how most of the western philosophers (especially platonic ones) dispised Hedonism.

I will say though an introductory philosophy class didn't give me a bunch of philosophical beliefs but rather allowed me to compare the ideas I had gathered before entering the class and compare it to the likes of Plato and Kant. Turns out I really related to the ideas of Plato and shared many views with him. I always believed one should look in and analyse and refine ones own beliefs, principles, and understanding of the world around them before turning to a book. One shouldn't read to find any of those 3 but rather one should find those 3 with in himself then compare it with the likes of well renounded philosophers and see where you stand and see if you can find contridictions in theirs or your theories.

Really the class allowed me to cross analyse more than give me by basis for beliefs and so on. I didn't even know what the word "hedonism" was untill I went into the class yet I was talking to buddies about how "everyone just want's to have fun and that is all life is about and it's stupid. Life should be an intellectual pursuit"

Is it true what they say?
>British
>White

utlity =/= meaning

what is best in life

Attached: image.jpg (300x220, 105K)

What is your stance on genetic polution due to demographic changes, caused by mass migration?

And as a follow-up question; What is in your opinion the true cause of said mass migration?

Attached: 51cQEdN9KuL._SX331_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg (333x499, 28K)

>subjective reality is pointless while living it 100% of the time
You will eventually grow up frend

Attached: 216214045.jpg (1387x702, 112K)

The science is philosophy, where do you think taxonomy and all the work Pythagoras did to make algabra what it is today. It's simply applying the theory of how the world works and putting it through testing to see if the hypothesis is true or not.

Seriously, science is philosophy, think about how similar a scientific theory and a philosophical theory is, they're both questioning the state of the universe and the world in every aspect.

I don't think you could handle the answer that I give since I am a genius.

Philosophy, in it's purest form, is when we take our understanding of our own nature and the nature of the universe, and push it through the mesh of language. It is how we navigate transcendent concepts through the maze of the written word.
Our understanding of ourselves, others, and our world directly influences the decisions we make and values we hold. Science without philosophy is useless and dangerous.

Attached: 1517283747994.jpg (1600x1376, 726K)

A yes or no will suffice.

Why do you do the things you do? what makes you think that your knowledge of "philosophy" is sufficient to be an authority on the subject to other people?

I don't mean to seem like I'm trying to talk you down, but you've revealed through several of your posts that you aren't particularly well read and you don't have much schooling on the matter; What sort of insights do you think set you apart from anyone else? what do you consider about yourself to be uniquely different from any other observant or reflective person?

I would sincerely like to know

Attached: VsxiwWO.gif (500x418, 957K)

>I took philosophy 101 in college
The mutt philosopher ladies and gents. He got redpilled... IN COLLEGE!

is conflict always bad? what kind of conflict is good?

>what kind of conflict is good?
>Asking a fucking mutt
The one that is fought for Israel

Attached: 2019-07-29-06-03-17.png (319x479, 107K)

MAXIMUM KEK ACHIEVED.

Attached: pepe.gif (500x288, 952K)

You people are scared of realizing your "subjectivity" your "meaning" won't be true.
Science tells us how the world works and THEN from there we find out the meaning of the world. Why would you build up a state of ideas all built on a flawed "subjective" foundation?
They're similar in that they think but that's it. They're different in that science first OBSERVES and then TESTS a hypothesis.
Which is why philosophy will never amount to anything without grounded facts based in reality.

yeah i wanted to know his opinion. do you live here? i wouldnt be on an imageboard if i were you

Attached: download33.jpg (640x426, 127K)

>what makes us human?
We are, to be quite honest we might soon develop tech to put our brains in jars and to us everything would still seem "fine" and it's not like what "john" was has changed to john. You're still who you are reguardless of your physical condition (besides your brain of course)

Though besides the simply objective answer. To be human (and above the rest of the wild) is the ability to question and think beyond reaction and hedonistic urges. Truly that is what seperates us from beast. If a dog want's to fuck something it will hump something because it has the urge to do it. If a cow want's to shit it just goes. There is no consideration that goes into any of these acts but rather animalistic urges being acted upon. humans have this amazing ability to question these urges and act appropriately. What makes us human is our ability to go beyond our natural urges and strive beyond hedomism (which is barberic)

>why do we have a proclivity towards organized religion?
Humans really like two things, explinations and belonging. Religion provides an explination for just about everything and orginized religion provides a sense of belonging to people. You are not just John of Oxford, you are a christan man along with millions of other people. When people started to abandon god in the wilmar republic, they turned to a man who provided the nation of germany as a suppliment to the sense of belonging. It's why in a time absent of god we must have people turn to the country (nationalism) or else all of western society will go back to a time before abraham.

I believe that Science is a good explination for the universe and nationalism should be there to bring a sense of belonging.

Only a fool would actually believe this.

Does Satan exist?

>Spells explanation wrong twice because that's how he thinks it's spelled.
Money well spent, my good chum.

That's exactly the stance philosophy has had towards realism for at least a hundred years. Way to stick to the manual.

Get your head out of your ass, faggot.

I don't care what you imply other people think. I know for a fact that it's foolish to believe that the ideas of some of the greatest thinkers of all time only applied to the time in which they lived.

Some things that these people have provided insight on are universal truths. To discount the collective of historical wisdom because you find some of it dated can't be called anything other than foolish.

>what is the goal (or meaning, or purpose) of life? Is it to procreate, to be happy, to serve God, or...?
I don't really have to good of an answer other than to be, sure I can have my own opinion on the matter but it pales in comparion to the objective truth that we are not much but being. We just are here and that is the reality of it. I'm sure procreation kinda plays into the whole "prolong the state of being" but other than that I'm not too sure. Really at that point it comes down to 2 things, personal opinion and might is right. People will fight over the purpose of life and how it should be lived and really it will all be flawed in their own ways so they will never resolve. If we look at America, the country is so divided that even this question is divided along political and rural/urban lines. It's why I mention it also comes down to might is right. Every single one of these ideas are flawed in some aspects so you'll always catch someone in a contridiction or a question they can't answer. At some point you'll just have to force your belief on people and (like how the ottomas forced islam on the balkans) you would just have to force a concept or else you end up with the modern west.

I don't think I could say my opinion without stating the elephant in the room and the objective truth.

Though the point of life... to be, though that's a question that I'll have to answer at some point. It's a really challenging question because only stupid or minipulative people are going to have a quick and simple answer to the question.

Ya that is a meme, I mean I knew what I was getting myself into with this thread I don't know what else I could of expected from it.

Thanks superpower. Glad I could squeeze a kek out of my future overlord.
>yeah i wanted to know his opinion.
It's a bit generalized but 90% chances you'd get the same answer
>do you live here? i wouldnt be on an imageboard if i were you
I wish... I live in the concrete jungle with hipsters and gypsies.

>he thinks science is above philosophy

They stand side-by-side.

If something is a universal truth it doesn't need to be pointed out. By way of being universal it's entirely obvious. Shit argument.

I appreciate your response, user, but nothing you wrote is original or fleshed out. You're clumsily stringing up skeletons of the most basic and common answers to these questions. Read more, think more, and consider the inconsiderable.

Attached: 1553811515887.jpg (1600x1213, 481K)

>I don't know what else I could of expected from it.
Far more than you should ever expect from a college education.

also don't take this thread as "Oh I am better and more wise THAN you all are praise me!" though I kinda worded it that way because that is how all the "MY IQ IS 400 AMA" type threads are made.

Really I might just have a different prespective because you're all individuals with different prespectives and views on things, even if they're mostly similar something will be a little off. So in all honesty user, don't take this thread as "MY IQ IS 500 AND YOURS IS ROOM TEMPRATURE!" but more of a way to relay ideas and maybe get feedback or some pushback to make me test my ideas. Some of you might be WAY MORE well read than I am on some topics and even some may be more well read on western philosophy but if anything it doesn't hurt to put ones ideas through trials like this place.

Attached: scary.jpg (600x865, 118K)

Well as long as I am alive I can work upon those ideas.

>If something is a universal truth it doesn't need to be pointed out.

If they're so obvious to everyone, why do people spend so much time reflecting in the pursuit of discovering them? why do they so often sound deeply insightful to people less thoughtful?

I wasn't trying to attack you, I just wanted to give you something to think about.

Because humans want a better explination maybe, they won't accept "we just be" as an answer. They need to feel special and worth something. They want to feel like a child of god or something and know they're doing the right thing.

Ya no I get it but I was disagreeing with the whole setement you were giving. I don't think I'm any wiser on the topic than ALL of you. It's why I posted here because I'm surrounded by autist who will tear my ideas apart and truly show me where I am. And from the looks of it I'm still fucking worthless lol.

I would add that philosophers, in their smug arrogance, often debase universal truths by turning them into trite platitudes oft recited by morons. This is allowed to happen because we assign value to those who say things in the most clever way - but do it first. Ancient philosophers were nothing but edgy Jow Forums memelords of their day.

user, please..

Attached: 1460378092865.jpg (976x726, 52K)

See second half.

how much money you make per year?

/thread

>Ancient philosophers were nothing but edgy Jow Forums memelords of their day.

I couldn't have said it better. They loved to propose something bold, often with some degree of shock value to provoke response from other thinkers. good ideas were circulated and poor ideas were challenged and ridiculed. If they hadn't unfolded many hundreds of years ago, some of the conversations might have happened just as easily today.

>new thread appears claiming he has discovered what it means to be a man
>details his ideas in a diagram, explaining it's a featherless biped
>someone quickly responds with a plucked chicken
>BEHOLD, OP'S MAN

>What is your stance on genetic polution due to demographic changes, caused by mass migration?
Horrible for the west, the west was built BY and FOR western men and was designed to suit their advantages. When you bring in people who were not designed to work in a western society, it becomes a drag (like how blacks are on american society) I think of it less of "OH NO THE GENETICS ARE BECOMING MORE UNPURE" and more that the european people, which the society was built for, are going to vanish and thus western society would probably collapse into something similar to what we saw after the fall of west rome.

>And as a follow-up question; What is in your opinion the true cause of said mass migration?
Hedonism and colonization.
It's funny, as europeans conquered the world, they thought they were doing the locals a service by giving them a taste of western society which really does serve hedonism quite well since it allows for slacks and extra weight. Notice how most of the migration to europe started after the fall of colonization. Why is this, because the western infastructure (both literally and socially) collapsed VERY quickly and soon many people didn't like going back to tribal conflicts and wanted to be in the west again. So over all the migration is due to africans and middle easterners wanting to live in this western world and live a life where they can do what they want and GET REWARDED for it. These people just want to "feel good" and northern europe allows that the most.

The question of WHO'S ALLOWING THEM IN is a whole different issue but the reason they're coming up in the first place is for hedonistic purposes. They're animals user and will destroy western society as Rome was destroyed.

$0,000,000
I know impressive ya?

Should of checked the original but I eventually got around to answering it.

Attached: check em.png (563x458, 189K)

Yes but in the form of irrationality

Aaaand that's why I got a degree in Finance despite my hatred for Jews and passion for ancient literature and philosophy

Attached: agreement.gif (320x311, 483K)

if my dick is too small, should i kill myself?

Attached: 1539378929711s.jpg (250x250, 6K)

I'm getting a degree in MIS you nigger, buisness niggas rich niggas, just give it a year or two.

you know what to do user
#smalldikrevolution

Attached: hellfire.png (1175x875, 559K)

Who was it?
Also, pic related.

Attached: 1537142164795.jpg (1080x846, 175K)

>some men hate the idea of living solely to provide for a woman and her pleasure because it makes them feel used
>other men hate the idea of living because of their lack of ability to provide for a woman and her pleasure because it makes them feel inadequate

grass is always greener, user

Says the faggot using science invented by philosophy

> sucks to the plato pushed down our throats by the cacademia
> cherishes the thought of being intellectual
nys

>that common people
Yeah i agree with you

>new thread appears claiming he has discovered what it means to be a man
>details his ideas in a diagram, explaining it's a featherless biped
>someone quickly responds with a plucked chicken
>BEHOLD, OP'S MAN
Well, I laughed. Been fun, off to my wagie job I go.

You know who complicates simple answers? An idiot. You are an idiot.

>thinking much of the common people
I would like to remind you the west VOTED for this future and are PERFECTLY okay with it for the most part, just a group of autist seem to see the issue and how a good bit of it connects with previous history.

Normal people will always be stupid and hedonistic or at the very least Selfish. Nobody really thinks about who they will vote for unless it's which canidate will give me the most. You wonder why nobody in washington seems worried about the national debt, because if they did anything about it, those people would be voted OUT OF OFFICE ASAP and would be replaced by people who will just start spending again because "I like muh services"

Plato was based. Neoplatonism is shit.

>Who was it?
Diego Fusaro

>implying they're really SET answers without context and much confusion behinf them
Eh, the only people who are going to give you simple answers are people who didn't think much about it or are trying to minipulate you into some cult like shit. The answer isn't simple because it's not the answer we're looking for.

He was literally a faggot (read symposium) and a commie (read republic)
His school was what began the dark ages.

Yikes.

How come I have precognition? I don't think I'm schizophrenic. Do you have an explanation as to why thoughts about events happen before an event happens?

A Marxist, so can't really exclude himself from that quote.
Although the quote is correct in most cases, academia is mostly just an administration service with no benefit other than progressing ugliness and degeneration. In the worst cases they work alongside glownigs to divide people even further. This was something of an obscure scandal a few years back with Marxist academics, and I doubt many intellectuals even know about it.

you're a retard

Attached: Plotinos.jpg (569x681, 61K)

Attached: cosmology.jpg (1536x1846, 717K)

Ahem. Got my phi BA here. Studied under Lester Embree. Attended SPEP numerous times. Undergrad thesis on Quinean Radical Naturalized Epistemology. What makes you think you’re a “philosopher” and not a student of philosophy?

OP
Tell about space travel.

Which one of the 4 elements and their meaning makes most sense to you? Also what's your opinion on religion?

Blind leading the blind.

How are you equating self appointed 'philosophers' with voting and politics?

Attached: john_frank_stephens_a_l.jpg (928x523, 59K)

People have been people for thousands of years and have written down their experiences. Just because we can't yet prove these guidelines have or don't have some objective reality behind them doesn't mean we shouldn't meanwhile use them.

>analytics talking down to anyone

Attached: meingott.jpg (620x402, 17K)

>An Italian philosopher recently said: We are living in an era, for the first time in human history, where intellectuals are more stupid that common people.
really nice
sauce?

Their objective reality is proven in the power and beauty of the societies which espoused such laws.
Science is the worship of ugliness.

Attached: keeping memory alive.png (986x725, 779K)