HAPPENING

FEDS TO LOWER RATES. THE GREAT DEPRESSION 2.0 INC

Attached: 33A0745E-11CA-45C7-8548-D8C635B44630.jpg (1125x356, 91K)

Other urls found in this thread:

usatoday.com/story/money/2019/07/29/trump-interest-rate-cut-fed-do-very-little/1855626001/
rollingstone.com/politics/politics-features/banks-libor-lawsuit-863680/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I bet you the Fed doesn't cut rates and stock market will drop and Trump will attack the FED and the media will also blame the FED for acting retarded.

Is this it lads?
Should we all stock up on gold now?

Attached: 1483655364827.jpg (768x960, 58K)

nah...trump send out a tweet telling them that china and others are on bs so fukken lower the rates or else

usatoday.com/story/money/2019/07/29/trump-interest-rate-cut-fed-do-very-little/1855626001/

Rolling for grand depression 2.0 the final boogaloo

New recession hits within 1-2 years.

keep kicking the can down the road

>he hasn't been stockpiling supplies after the 2016 election
Never gonna make it

Attached: 1564371931785m.jpg (1024x791, 70K)

Kek Trump bullied the Fed into doing what he wants

CHECK EM

Maybe in Canada u gay leaf, trump is holding a gun to the fed

>Inb4 phonefag

Nothing to say about LIBOR, Sven? "Sustainability issues" now that the UK can't back its currency with trafficked child sex-slaves?
rollingstone.com/politics/politics-features/banks-libor-lawsuit-863680/

Meanwhile, the US Prime Lending Rate:
0.5 percent on Dec. 15, 2015.
0.75 percent on Dec. 14, 2016.
1.0 percent on March 5, 2017.
1.25 percent on June 14, 2017.
1.5 percent on Dec. 13, 2017.
1.75 percent on March 21, 2018.
2.0 percent on June 13, 2018.
2.25 percent on September 26, 2018.
2.5 percent on December 19, 2018.
Holy shit, so it's literally nothing and Swedes are fucking retards. Federal Reserve does this shit literally all the time.

Attached: 52607319b5673409803620.jpg (1078x680, 101K)

Rate drop is basically guaranteed. Amount still under debate. Market already reacted to this last week so it won’t affect too much. If they drop rates 0.5% then things may move, but if it’s a quarter there won’t be a huge shift. Everyone is expecting it to happen.

Trump has been asking them to lower rates for years. STFU

>and the media will also blame the FED for acting retarded.
The media will take the side of whoever Trump blames.

BASED! $1,000 AN OUNCE SILVER FUCKING WHEN?!

The worst part is that this charlatan faggot knows exactly what he's doing. I look forward to the day the free credit morphine eventually stops working and everyone comes crashing back into reality.

Attached: 1498031130702.png (177x188, 23K)

>Swedes are fucking retards. Federal Reserve does this shit literally all the time.
The Federal reserve had not done it since 2008 the market is use to this cheap money

Come back to me when your standard of living has halved cus the rate cut fucked you over

>too stupid to breathe.

give us that economic destruction

>after years of quantitative easing fed finally raises interest rates
>liquidity falls (naturally)
>stock prices adjust to new fundamentals (lower liquidity)
>OMG ITS A FINANCIAL COLLAPSE / MASSIVE RECESSION
Why is it every thread on this board concerning economics is posted by people with 0 understanding of economics and commented on by dozens of similar retards with no education in finance/economics? This is natural flux of the market, and it has to be done. Quantitative easing is not something that can perpetually float the economy. If it goes on too long the bond market collapses and then we have a real problem.

The Fed fucked up by not slowly raising rates from 2012-2015.

The Fed is cucked, and we are fucked.

This doesn't mean anything outside of: he's complying with those above him, and they're gonna' allow for an overvaluation/inflation of the Stockmarket for another few years. They were basically buttfucking him, earlier on, when he wasn't playing ball, by raising the rates very high, very quickly.

Attached: Federal-Funds-Rate-by-Trump-Obama.png (2214x1734, 124K)

1913, the year America died.

If you're not balls deep in bitcoin, you're a fucking retard. Gold is just as manipulated as the dollar. Look at Gold vs Bitcoin for the past 10 years.

>the year that the world was invisibly fettered forever

Can someone explain to me what this could mean ?

Literally never you dumb fag. Should've bought bitcoin for a fucking easy payday

Attached: 1563219401441.png (689x1235, 410K)

Attached: 1563219367378.png (693x1031, 480K)

Attached: 1563219571798.png (684x481, 70K)

Counter-rolling for new age of prosperity.

>Interesting this tweet is gone. Also that hashtag brings up like only two hits

If the economy crashes before 2020, or even begins to dip its unironically over for Trump

Attached: 1549062473499.jpg (544x609, 33K)

>economics
this isn't the religion board, economics should stay off /pol

>Apple phone
Fuck off hipster

>Wages are starting to rise
"Oy vey goyim, a recession is near"

>relying on a currency that requires power to operate
you will starve when the lights go out

Bitcoin

They're not gonna cut.

Everyone whose job is attached to financial markets is just pumping that shit because it's their job.

Then if they're wrong, they can all be collectively outraged together and state, "no one saw this coming."

If Powell said he enjoyed some fiery hot tamales for lunch, these people would claim, "Powell foresees potential rough times on the toilet ahead. That's him signaling a rate cut."

Literally the same shit happened in December. Except the trade dispute with China was in a worse state, and the market had just corrected >10%.

If Powell wasn't worried enough to act then, he's not now.

Shame it will all be illegal soon

Attached: trumpbitcoin.jpg (612x450, 46K)

>IRS is already collecting tax on cryptocurrency assets
>Its going to be banned
I think not.

Enjoy making colloidal bitcoin when the antibiotics stop working douchefuck.

But youre right, shoulda coulda woulda buy I DIDNT. fugg.

Based and RonPaul pilled

Great then others will join me as fellow NEETS

Lel literally nothing they do ever works out as planned. (((Economists))) are no better than fortune tellers.

I am in Germany and this is Weimar 2.0
You have waited for 100 years, but here it is again: A crippled economy and a Germany that was stabbed in the back.

You all know what's coming next

Attached: 1564003414753.gif (476x600, 2.96M)

who cares? let it fall.

not yet, there's going to be one final exhaustion pump. DJI to 40k+ housing market still gonna go up a ton the economy will be "red hot" before next election rates will be cut at least 2 m more times beyond this cut. Ride that fucking wave up and then scale out into PM's as we ride up, don't get caught at the top.;

This will help me get top dollar for a house I'm about to put on the market.

Bitcoin 10bazillion by May 2020

about time. bring on the crash.

Why does everyone act as if the economy is the same type of monster it was 100 years ago? They can print money all day, from here to eternity... nothing remotely close to a happening, will ever happen

In all honesty fed should be raising rates

why do we need to cut rates again? what are the signs of serious slowdown at 2%?

Just like in Tiananmen square, Nothing is happening

should have in march when the market bounced back, if you ask me.
not sure what the really bad news is that requires more inflation.

You really think the power is going to go out globally? Crypto isn't going anywhere.

In a real crash to the point we no longer have power, guns is all that matters.

>You really think the power is going to go out globally
just a matter of when, really.

>666 confirms depression and no Trump re-election

>guns is all that matters.
because I don't want a functional community, I will ignore that skills to get clean water, fix a pump, and get a generator engine working are actually all that matters.
Also, the fuck is wrong with you, you think your family and friends are going to go mad-max on each other? turn off the computer and say hello to your neighbor, just even once.

Most of our politicians are economically illiterate as well.

Attached: 1554488940144.jpg (400x375, 25K)

Carrington event is gonna happen again someday
Every piece of electronics not protected by a faraday cage will asplode

GIVING ENERGY

>Someone sets off an EMP and wrecks the power grid
>You are now homeless and broke because you can't access your Ewallet

Attached: 1564165235285.jpg (280x289, 20K)

If the power grid goes down, your paper and metal currencies won't be worth shit either. If this is the scenario you are preparing for, seeds, weapons, ammunition, and nonperishable food will be currency.

The only respectable answer ITT

The interest will be low forever because if we raise interest rates our debt payments will tip us over the edge.

t. Bought in at 20k, desperately shilling so he can break even

Isn't cutting interest rates a good thing? What the fuck are you talking about. Explain yourself, now's your chance.

Attached: Great Northern War of 1700.png (500x461, 46K)

what if he blames HITLER?

Attached: big think.png (640x640, 111K)

coupon rates are fixed, interest payments on outstanding debt wouldn't change.
bondholders would get burned, as bond yields would rise and bond prices would fall. the chinese would be pissed, i'm surprised that trump doesn't support powell's previous interest rate hikes, but then again, he wants a booming economy during reelection, and cheap money will help for that.
problem is, if rates go up, it'll be hard to print money if things go south. in the end, pain is inevitable, we either tighten credit now and get it over with, or we'll be stuck with our dicks in our hands when your parents lose their jobs because their employers are getting sued for bankruptcy and can't afford to borrow more. the 'prudent' thing to do is raise rates, but the big question is, can we handle the pain now?

It's a question of whether Powell will crumble to Trump or whether he will hold the line since the Presidential campaign has begun. Today on MSNBC, Steve Liesman stated that he thinks that there will be a move to get rid of the Federal Reserve if it does not do Trump's bidding. I don't think that Trump or any President has that power, but it was startling. The other members of the panel were shocked. I don't think that there will be any tightening, if ever, until the election is settled. I recommend ZeroHedge as a barometer of economic doom thinking here in the US.

They're doing it because inflation hasn't risen how they expected and to compensate they want to lower interest rates.
I personally think this is a horrible idea as we already have the such a huge gap between inflation and the minimum wage and if China caves on the trade war then the economy might not be controllable by the feds at that point.

>in the end, pain is inevitable, we either tighten credit now and get it over with, or we'll be stuck with our dicks in our hands when your parents lose their jobs because their employers are getting sued for bankruptcy and can't afford to borrow more. the 'prudent' thing to do is raise rates, but the big question is, can we handle the pain now?
The US economy is fucked no matter what. Boomers and Jews want to keep the gravy train going as long as possible the ez life. Dumbass illiterate boomers and gen xers are going to mindlessly work without preparing and then suddenly wonder why they're eating out of a dumpster one day. Anybody that's actually intelligent should be preparing by buying the things that people would want during a depression era. Food, bullets, cigs, gold, silver, toilet paper are just a few things that people would want during the economic collapse. During the Weimar republic people were whoring themselves out just to get bread on the table. America is headed for the same fate but instead of being filled with hardened military vets or survivalists we're filled with extremely coddled and doped up jew slaves that have no idea what is going on or what to do in a collapse scenario. Everything's going to be 10x worse once it all collapses due to the incompetence of your average normie in such a scenario. Anybody with doomsday supplies should be extremely paranoid of anybody who doesn't. Burgers like to backstab each other to enrich themselves when times are good. Imagine how shitty people are going to be when everything is bad

Attached: 1562980341079.gif (273x536, 7K)

That's because we had a Bu$h in office back then who had other (((motives))) during that time, that helped the CCP to scrub the whole mess down the drain for three decades and brainwash future generations born since then.

I blame your big fat momma

bitcoin ahahahahahaha

Attached: 1563462620971.jpg (400x400, 27K)

According to ShadowStats, inflation is running 8-10% if calculated the same way it was in the '80s. The inflation number has been jiggered all to hell in order to make the GNP number look better and to screw social security recipients out of their cost-of-living adjustments. Who knows what numbers the Fed is using internally.

Bitcoin and Silver to be a true Chad. Toss in a little linky if you want to be stinky.

>sure goy, buy into bitcoin
>buy into dude weed Lmao stocks goy
You either let the banks manipulate you or you manipulate markets alongside banks

You make the choice

To what fucking end? How does this help any American?

Nah. The big winner will be booze, particularly if you can make it yourself.

Would you care to rephrase that? I'm really not understanding your question.

You need to pay debts first.

We are heading for a recession i think, it's normal, many recessions happened in my time. Lost everything in the 2000 it crash.

Now i have saved up a great amount resources so just waiting, then the spending shoes goes on :D

Why do they continue to inflate the dollar when very important aspects such as the minimum wage hasn't changed, imports have fallen, exports have risen, etc.

The wage inflation isn't wage inflation. It is literally happening because you can't really even live close enough to these places to work there without a decent wage. Most of the people working in silicon valley don't make enough to live there AS IS.

Weren't they about to raise rates a month ago then everyone went apeshit saying it was a dumb move?

Lowering rates means the economy goes on for a little bit longer. If they raise rates, or rates hit 0, it crashes.

buy bitcoin, when the economy crashes it will boom.

Food prices just aren't rising fast enough.

Hope everyone is acquiring btc

absolutely no reason domestically.

The ECB didn't cut rates last week, so I don't forecast that the Fed will cut rates, either.

Keeps the fiat from collapsing. Trump has been running some hard mercantilism. Econ slowdown is taking place all over the globe. You will crash the economy if you let the fiat run rampant. You want the econs to slow down, while still growing.
More money needs to be codified into commodities and securities to help stability, but this happens less when USD is too strong. USD getting overbought puts USA in precarious position. Diversification and resource hedging is best plan to keep growth, but avoid unsustainable shit. Cutting rates help protect against massive liquidity bottoming out in USD in the face of uncertain econ direction.

Longer USD runs rampant the higher the chance of heavy handed manipulation and bubble pop. You may not like silver or gold but they work because they are the foundation of mercantilism, which is the foundation of modern econs. Ag and Au are manipulated, but are much harder to weaponize as everyone has bought into them in some form.

Do not go into BTC thinking it is a long term solution or sustainable. One can however enter that market and make some money, but don't bet the farm. BTC is arguably the most open to manipulation market there is. Any money that is made in a bull run will be shorted for profits.

I don't have a good answer to your question. Part of the problem with the dollar is that it is seen as a safe haven in times of economic uncertainty, and the other currencies have real problems. The Japanese economy is moribund, the Euro zone is going into recession--negative interest rates, and the Brits are about to crash out of the EU with unknown results. The corollary is that at least two of these currency realms have interest rates lower than our own, so dollars look good. That's all I can come up with.