Off grid survival thread

Jow Forums, where would you guys suggest going to live off grid? Do you have a plan if shit hits the fan? What are some tips you could give about off grid survival? Discuss

Attached: F473339A-5CD3-4DD3-BB40-4D890A34B230.png (750x1334, 3.09M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/iUe8KGyILd4
youtu.be/WmYCUljsrDg
youtube.com/channel/UC5L_M7BF5iait4FzEbwKCAg/videos
youtu.be/hSU1mgMoJwg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>where would you guys suggest going to live off grid?
even mars in on grid now.

Gillam, Manitoba.
Great place to go off the grid.

Offgriders are going to be the second ones to die in collapse. They'll be absolutely swarmed.

Dont need to go to the woods.
Just turn off your phone......

Attached: .........................jpg (175x289, 7K)

how hard is it to build an actual decent house alone?

Attached: tenor.gif (432x498, 1.26M)

Only whites will colonize mars unless space niggers already inhabit it. Then we will just have to colonize those faggots

Start semi off grid. plenty of room in the desert. You go too deep off grid in the mountains with no experience and you'll likely run into a grizzly that will eat your ass out.

I will check it out. Thanks user

My dad lives in southern Utah, I’m currently down south. Don’t care for it much here and I live in a fast growing city. I wanna be out in a few years or sooner. I love the desert and I’m familiar with it, only thing I worry about is sustainable resources. I’m sure I could figure ways out to manage that though.

>you'll likely run into a grizzly that will eat your ass out

Not if you save him from falling off a cliff. Maybe.

youtu.be/iUe8KGyILd4

That was a fucking dope video user. Really wouldn’t mind having that lifestyle someday as difficult as it is.

Off grid means you become a farmer/hunter.

It depends on the geography and weather.

Right on man. There are some good vids on YT about locating water in the desert. Population density in deserts is low which is good. People don't think of running to the desert when the shit hits the fan either. Water is an issue tho but you can bury reserves, lots of it, over time. I'm in the Mojave Desert in California. I'm getting out of here tho. Thinking of going to South Dakota first but I'm not sure if that's where I'll settle. I look at population density first. I want to find a place like where I am now that backs thousands of acres of uninhabited BLM, National Park, or private land.

haha Got me in the feels, brother.

If shit hits the fan for real then I'm getting my family and I to my fathers fishing boat. We would harvest seafood and anchor in a secret cove with access to good land for hunting. Being on a boat is the safest place I imagine

well let me rephrase the question.
is it actually doable for a cumbrain?

Attached: 1512084624597.png (403x448, 53K)

That sounds like a good plan user. I dream of heading somewhere north too. I’ve been obsessed with learning off grid techniques for colder climates. I grew up in California but we always visited the desert so I’m aware of ways to survive out there. Also that’s a smart thought about the desert. There really wouldn’t be a lot of people. I would just worry about government technology easily locating me or my family. I would imagine if it really did get bad the government would crack down on us pretty hard utalizing it’s tech. But could find a cave or something to that effect to stay out of view and to keep cooler. But up north would be ideal. I love being in the cold. All you would need really is a 4 season tent and a wood stove and other basic equipment. Hopefully one day I can get out of here too and up north. Good luck with your move!

>Really wouldn’t mind having that lifestyle someday as difficult as it is.

Check out this guy's two channels if you really want to get serious about it. One is mostly him building things in the wilderness and the other is discussion about it. He got a lot of his inspiration from the movie this meme came from.

youtu.be/WmYCUljsrDg

youtube.com/channel/UC5L_M7BF5iait4FzEbwKCAg/videos

Attached: jeremiah2.gif (220x230, 1.18M)

>I would just worry about government technology easily locating me or my family.
haha I've thought of this too.
>If it wasn't for those spooks and their meddling drones.
Def a lot of pros and cons to consider. Best of luck in your search.

I would go to Oregon and buy some rural land, an acre for like $5,000. Then build and grow some food. Collect water, solar panels, grow weed, have guns, create a frat/community of people

>built by one man
>doesn't show the foundation being laid
ok
that's near a grand in gravel and stones laid there and leveled out

not to mention the pre cut lumber for the roof.

He made a vid just for you. I forget exactly how much lumber and other materials it cost him. I wanna say it was around 3k canadian. Plus you gotta factor in the land. I think he got some adjacent to a nature reserve. I think the old school techniques he shows are most important.

youtu.be/hSU1mgMoJwg