Why do lot of Americans find modern British humor funny and not annoying?

British humor sounds more and more like a Jewish humor.Don't get me wrong,I like for example what Rowan Attkinson did with Mr Bean/Black Adder/Johny English etc...but when it comes to that arrogant,pretentious,'I am better than you' smirk on a face humor like this guy it's so annoying.I think Americans like anything with a British accent.John Oliver was nobody in UK, but in US, his butt is getting kissed all the time.

Attached: RickyGervais arrogant obnoxious.jpg (590x744, 66K)

no idea.
brit humor is trash tier.

There is no such thing as British humor. Except for Monty Python.

It's garbage

I'm not for Gervais's religious shit but a lot of material and earlier work was pretty funny. Same with John Oliver, I liked him in Community and even some of the earlier Last Week Tonight episodes had their merit.
I haven't revisited the earlier episodes before I was full fledged fash but from memory I was impressed with the integrity of the show's journalism.
British comedy has no doubt degenerated though.
Oh same with that Scottish cunt. He used to be pretty good until he went all fucking autistic and preachy.
UK has one to shit in practically everything. Shame, really. I'm

Monty python was funny. There are a few comedians from there that i like. However, ricky gervais is a smug cunt who is popular for reasons no one knows why

Monty Python sucked and is vastly overrated.
Go watch it now, it's unbearable and doesn't hold up if you take your reddit blinders off.

Seems to be the fast paced, frenetic "humour" where they rely on dazzling the audience with a bunch of deadpan shit to trick them into thinking it's funny.
It's hardly representative of British humour.

The world's different now. A lot of things don't look the same with new glasses now.
You see all the subtle subversions, the deconstruction, the promotion of alien and meaningless values, the holistic nihilism of it all. Even loved favorites Star Trek becomes less enchanting as you realize the agenda of themes with fancy gloss.

You start seeing the building blocks of what would construct our present day clown house.

Bernard manning, Bottom, Fawlty Towers, Alan Partridge, is good.

Attached: 1564150003985.jpg (600x1505, 105K)

You tell em dad!

RARE

British humour requires you to suspend intelligent thought in a particular way to appreciate it.

American humour requires the same thing in another way.

>GAFAW MATEY I LOIK THAT PART WHERE HE'S TALKIN ABOUT PRECIPITATION IN DAT FUNNY VOICE

>FUCKING AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH JUST AS HE STOOD UP THE BALL HIT IM IN THE DICK AND HE WENT "OH MOMMY" IN A FUNNY VOICE

Search inside yourself you know it to be true.

You're a fool. Comparing the UK Office w/ US office. Not even close. US Office makes me want to stab myself. Gervaise in UK Office is genius tier.

> Gervaise in UK Office is genius tier

Funnier than Steve Carell? Nigga wut

British are probably the funniest people in europe t b h

Red Dwarf is awesome.

Toast of London

Not exactly stiff competition.

Because Alpha males know when to cut our fucking losses. America is a failed experiment; we tricked a bunch of British royals to fund their little imperial expansion to "India" (stupid fucks, can't even navigate) and immediately (300 yrs) we defect, kill our masters and create a duma instead of the Monarchy of the UK (all the founding fathers were ATHIEST) but slowly we fucked it all up, now we're the worst country on Earth (we let 8 year old boys surgically remove their balls cause mom says they like playing dress up) wtf???? Brits know we fuxked up. Now we are watching America be absolutely molested by Muslims, gays, jewish influence. Its hilarious the same way a horrible traffic accident is hilarious. Fuck USA, we deserve to be mocked by tea sipping beta cucks.

Coupling was genius. Top Gear, Python, the Young Ones, Father Ted, Waiting For God, Absolutely Fabulous... even Keeping Up Appearances... the show has a grand total of 8 different jokes and it's still more entertaining than 2 broke girls.

Attached: 3ee1f7fb-6913-4e8a-b707-51817e1146a3.jpg (970x546, 140K)

You're out of your mind or you haven't watched both. Carell is amateur hour compared to Gervaise. The characters are supposed to be the same, but Carell turns his into a cartoon, while Gervaise turns his into some guy you've actually met and wanted to beat the shit out of.

Steve Carrell isn’t funny. American “Hollywood” humor isn’t funny. America does however have some great stand ups. I cringe at most American TV comedy.

modern British humor is dogshit, old British humor is where its at; vice versa with america

Nice bait user only a retard would think that

Attached: John Cleese.jpg (1280x1440, 501K)

Modern British humour is absolute dogshit. I've never understood the smug attitude of British comedians who shit on other nations while ours is falling apart.

This is almost as cringeworthy as that "triumvirate of German excellence" graphic that jerries used to spam on Jow Forums

I find modern British comedians cringe tier.
Gervais has based his whole career on cringe.
The rest are natural cringe.
It's not really British humour.

>Jow Forums
why the fuck would you go there?

Attached: disgusting .jpg (197x255, 8K)

Oh look it's another thread about UK comedies and all they've heard of is The Office and Monty Python. Don't come back until you've at least seen:
>Phoenix Nights (and Max and Paddy's Road to Nowhere)
>Ideal
>The Thick of It
>Yes, Minister (Yes, Prime Minister)
>Peep Show
>Limmy's Show
>Garth Marenghi's Dark Place
>Snuff Box
Comedy didn't just die here, people here just refuse to watch anything past The Office

If they can't make it here they just go to America.

Life of Brian certainly does. Not a fan of their "lol randumb" sketches but some of their material is alright.

I hate to say but the brits got this one. I just fear that their genius level comedy is being dilluted. I'm seeing a lot more gobby women, panel shows have gone to shit, no good comedy series anymore the likes of early red dwarf, men behaving badly, Enfield etc Its all gone pozzed with shit about funny Muslims and women's periods. What happened to the great art of the well crafted sketch show?? Thick of it was the last really good shit I can remember. When I'm on it, have you listened to BBC radio comedy as of the last few years. I just turn that shite over now when I'm driving. Its majority women now.

This is a true shame for the world. My heart goes out the British in this particular issue. They didn't deserve it.

Anything recent barring limmys show?

Top Gear was great too

It was just nihilistic deconstruct.
It's fun to chip away at the floor beneath you until you fall through it with nothing to stand on.

This country knocks all of these out the park

Only british humor i know of is spiffing brit.

Top Gear with Clarkson, May and hammond was awesome. The imitation TG with Matt LeBlanc really sucked and it was unwatchable. Why put an American on a British program and think that would fly?

The Grand Tour with the real TG lineup of Clarkson, May and Hammond is entertaining, funny and a good show but even with a huge budget it's not as good as they were on TG.

Top show, m8.

Same with John Oliver. Thought his show was fine until they started raging on Trump every day during the summer of 2015. I thought they were being way too mean towards him. It was around that time I stopped watching MSM altogether.

the office (uk) is better than the american version
what even is a montenegro? Non existent country.

The Office and Extras was great. The one where Piggy Gervais played a retard was cringe af

>the office (uk) is better than the american version
the US Office is a live-action cartoon

Friday night dinner.
Even if it about the Enemy.