God, I wish I was a peasant

France, 1200
>Wake up at dawn, everyday. Fresh, unpolluted air every morning
>Eat hardy bread and pungent cheese for breakfast, slam a quick beer down
>Work until sunset, taking many breaks and naps, feeling accomplished at the end of day
>Go to mass in a giant cathedral filled with beautiful stain glass illustrations so I can understand the story of Christianity
>Go to the pub every night and have dark ales and lagers, sing drinking songs with my friends I've known my whole life
>Go home and have unprotected sex with my plump teenage wife every night, end up having 15 kids who all visit me on my death bed, bringing my dozens of grandchildren with them
>No idea about: trannies, gays, Jews, Muslims, atheists, fetishists, obese people, liberals, SJWs
>Don't care about politics at all, someone better and more educated than me has to bear that burden
>Die after confessing to the priest and have every inclination that I'll go straight to heaven to live with my ancestors and Jesus forever
Why did this all have to end?

Attached: realism-art-3.jpg (750x561, 98K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/channel/UCMjlDOf0UO9wSijFqPE9wBw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

And I forget, have a full third of the year off for feasts, festivals, and celebrations of saints

all that sounds great but
>dead by 35
ehhh

we all have to die someday user. better to die young with a warriors spirit than old and pitiful

>many breaks and naps
>feeling accomplished
The worst of all the stupid things you wrote

Tell me, you ever heard of... the Industrial Revolution?

Attached: 6F6D588C-B9FE-4CD2-A1D8-5BC2863497AF.jpg (274x253, 20K)

You forgot about the part where any random band of brigands, an enemy army, or knight and his warband burn down your village murder you and rape all your female relatives for reasons you'll never know or understand because you can't fucking read.

This. I´ve lived with old people all my life, its hell on earth. No way I´m living past 70.

Attached: best life.png (735x559, 231K)

>Every couple decades local Duke starts a war that results in all my sons dead and all my daughters raped

Hmmm

>dead by 35
That's due to a high rate of infant mortality, if you don't count infant mortality the average lifespan was in the 60s.

this sort of thing was quite uncommon by 1200
in the waning days of the roman empire, sure, lots of banditry and war
but europe was quite stable in the medieval period

Comfy af. This is now a peasant posting thread

Attached: 471AEB77-9F4D-4406-ACE5-D368D2751FEA.jpg (246x205, 12K)

nah
WE

More like dead at 69. You had two brothers who died before they were two though. Three of your kids died before they were two as well. You comforted your wife in her grief by making more

That was not always true. Those statistical death age averages very often take into account high infant mortality rates, bringing the average age of death down from at some point in the 50s or 60s, all the way to the 30s. Even in ancient times, people reached very advanced ages, sometimes.

No?’, you don’t have to fight. That’s what you pay the nobles to do.

but OP, what about muh smart phone and shitty escapist media

It ended because the jew needed you to work amd consume like a good goy. The New World Order isnt going to build itself.

God, I wish I was a city rat
New York, 1937
>Born in a litter of 12
>Feed off pesky bugs and rotten scraps of food
>Venture off into the slums and gets hosted by a parasite
>Carrying a plague throughout the alleyways infecting the Irish immigrants
>Reproduce with female and have 250 offspring in a few months
>No idea about: Cats, Dogs, Angry Butchers, Cars, Horse Buggies
>Die after being stomped in the soup kitchen
Why did this a have to end?

Attached: Rats.jpg (900x600, 667K)

id rather die at 35 and live the happiest life i could than live to 80 in this doomed consumer of a world sorting boxes

Yea, until a portion of the enemy army marches through your village.

Or your own Lord's army, for that matter.

you wouldnt have lived to be 40

>this meme
Gotta be 18 to post here kiddo

why would it be in the interest of the enemy lord to devastate the land hes about to conquer?

>why did this all have to end?
Jews

thinking about bringing back catharism

As long as you don’t live in one of a few pretty dispersed places, this probably wouldn’t happen in your lifetime. The great power politics (like the Hundred Years’ War Or France vs the hre) was more of an issue here than local infighting.

Nigger just move to Kazakhstan or something

You forget the part where your wife dies during the birth of your first child who then also dies due to a Vitamin K deficiency since you can't afford a wetnurse, they everybody in your town gets strange boils on their skin you included before you spend the next few weeks shitting your brains out before dying and being dumped into a mass grave

Attached: 84861180.jpg (500x655, 181K)

Jews and (((anglos)))

>What is a levy

Three types of peasants: slave, serf, and free tenant.
I think I'd be happiest as a knave or villain.

They may be raiding or scavenging supplies

Yeah, but one of your sisters or her sisters is probably nursing rn, so you leave the kid with her until she is weaned while you take care of the farm. You visit regularly and bring the kid back when she is weaned. No big deal. You are grieving, your family wants to help out

>what are the English were like the only ones to do that

I'd rather die young after living a fulfilling life than old and depressed. We aren't meant to live past 60 either, your body starts shutting down and cries "let me rest in peace" every day.

>WELL, ACKSHULLALY

whatever faglord. you win some, you lose some.

This is true. If I look at some of my relatives in the 1600-1800's they mostly pasted away in their 80's and 90's and some made a century. Of course, there where infant mortality and that would have screwed the average life expectancy. People are clearly feed bullshit from a young age about the bad old days. I live in a village that's a bit over 600 years old and many of the people here are from families that moved here during those beginning times. Out of this little village they have what they need and have lived all that time and on small plots of land can provide and many of the traditions and farming practices are literally the same as 600 years ago. Out of this village people age to be 80+. These people can live without money, electricity, computers etc. and they can make a house from mud and shit and lumber they cut with their own hands.

>You forget the part where your wife dies during the birth of your first child
Then you marry her sister who you always thought was hotter anyway.

While ransacking countryside and atrocities towards peasants did happen, it wasn't really that common in wars since all marching armies had to eat, especially if they had to lay sieges, and if they were intending to annex land it made no sense to depopulate it on purpose.
Cities and castles had it much worse, as sacking them was quite common after sieges. Permission to loot freely, imprison and ransom important citizens and rape city's women for some days was commonly part of payment for mercenary troops, and even when it wasn't intended commanders rarely tried to restrain their men if their mayhem got out of hand.

Attached: sack of rome 1527.jpg (975x800, 565K)

absolutely this, you win some you lose some. Plus they're all also in heaven.

Attached: Christianity17.jpg (2000x1351, 462K)

what exactly do you gain post 35? a menu of illnesses and a yearly prostate exams?

Sounds /comfy/ Romabro. Any problem with roving gypsies in your village?

Life expectancy is an average you utter moron. If you didn’t die in infancy you would probably live to 60 and beyond.

Good to know. They sound like my Croatian villager relatives.

I prefer 1930's Germany, especially in the timeline where WWII never happened.

>Wife dies
>Welp, time for a new younger one

>brother dies
>Sweet, two wives now

better 35 years like this than 70 years with a cucked life behind a desk

Christianity is peasant religion so this make sense

Absolutely based

Do they have property tax there?

Urbanites historically BTFO'd

Comfy as Hell

1200 is definitely peak European middle ages. Born after the tumult of the roman collapse and Carolingian reorganization, born too soon for the black death and hundred years war. Pretty much guaranteed to have a large and prosperous family assuming you make it out of prepubescence.

Outside of the 13th century though I really wouldn't want to be caught any where or any time before the 19th century, and even then i'd want to be in America, and very specific parts of America at that.
There have been only brief glimmers of peace and plenty in our long 1000 year civilizational arc, and the whole thing seems to be coming to an end. Personally I doubt humanity has seen close to the peak of comfieness yet, or if we have it means we are very close to extinction.

god it sounds like the life, doesn't it?

Im short but I would have been destined to be a warrior, rape, drink who gives a fuck I would have lived on the battlefield

Normal people shoul care about learning and the advancement of the species. What you describe sounds rather lame.

Attached: 1513715596582.jpg (600x801, 111K)

Care to justify that assertion?

i just want to run buckwild over the border country with my clan, stealing and rustling and slaughtering any who dare oppose me.

Attached: reiver.png (429x565, 41K)

Do you live in the traditional ways? Since you are posting on the internet right now I assume you do not live without it.

Go join a Mexican cartel.

daily remember that life quality of even the poorest waveslave living now in the west is 100x higher that a king one 800 years ago

Attached: DxSZ58_XQAAoxM8.jpg large.jpg (1024x702, 109K)

If you live to 15 you live to 60 as a man. If You survive your second child you live to 70 as a woman.

You would have frequent free time, spending most of your time with your family, all of whom would be in a walking distance away from you if not living in the same house as you. The church mandated frequent holidays and days of rest. The concept of "work" as it does today hardly existed for medieval peasants, besides their obligation to tend to their lord's field for part of the week (Usually three days if not fewer), they would have all the rest of their time with their family.

apparently they had so much salmon in the rivers that it was considered peasant food

>you have a microwave now
>that means you live a better life than a roman emperor

Attached: 1563807384211.png (1062x942, 301K)

>only 1/10 people live in extreme poverty today

That is completely laughable.

Has some fascinating videos on the more intricate and obscure details of medieval life. Their food was certainly much better than ours.

Attached: Joost_Cornelisz._Droochsloot_-_Village_Street_-_WGA6684.jpg (1080x675, 103K)

Lmao

>be peasant
>have qt3.14 gf who loves me and wants kids
>be modern
>have car and tendies machine
>no gf
>kms
poor is literally relative. The rich have more power today than they did then

>scavenge wild onions, pick turnips from your garden patch
>bring it back to your little hearth
>start your fire with sticks your youngest son collected
>make a soup with the beef shin bones and a little shredded beef in marrow fat from last week, ramps, onions, cabbage and turnips and the barley you gleaned from the field in OPs pic related
>put yesterday's sorta-stale bread in the bottom of the bowls
>pour the soup over the bread. Add salt, but just a little since its dear
>light a candle
>family sits down to dinner
>smoke from the fire smells nice, keeps out bugs
>soup is simple, but hearty and filling
>quilts on the beds
>straw mattress pallets
>chickens clucking outside as they find a roost, there will be a few eggs in the morning
>put kids to bed
>brush out everyone's clothes
>blow out the candle
>crawl into bed

Yeah but no fucking AC- Holy shit- Kill me now: Im not a fat fuck by any means but i swear to fucking god AC is mankinds gift to itself.. Its the little shit like this that you take for granted.

Also guns, I fucking love guns.

Attached: funny_memes_1.jpg (640x640, 127K)

not a fan of this post
t. 33

Attached: patrician.png (524x470, 242K)

Have you ever been to Europe? They (usually) don't need air conditioning.
The northeastern united states is the sweatiest asspit on earth besides the literal rain forest. We actually get the worst of both worlds living here.

True poverty is a lack of hope.

>pray family rosary after dinner

Based and christpilled

This was around the time of the beginning of the Inquisition, so chances are you would have had to fight in the Albigensians Crusade.

>had to fight
>in a crusade
That isn’t how that worked

thats a lie

Attached: German revolution.jpg (308x842, 112K)

This is probably cliche but imagine being a winged hussar or some other horsebacked warrior.
>chill with your bros and your horses the night before battle
>exchange stories of past battles, slap eachothers backs, around a warm campfire
>the concepts of honor and valour is still strong and untrained by ideas you have no knowledge of (post-modernism, irony, and other nihilistic bullshit)
>duty, loyalty, and family are universally considered important and treated with reverance
>finish sharing a moment with your brother warriors, go to rest in your tent
>wake up the next morning and march to battle
>the battle will make history, and the greater conflict has great implications (instead of just being a war of deterrance or world policing)
>fully armored, the standard of your company raised high, you ride into battle
>the absolute fucking thunder of your horses as they run
>the pumping adrenaline as you lower your lance at full speed
>the slamming impact as history is made, both on a personal level and a much larger and more permament scale

I don't give a fuck what anyone says, it would have been worth it.

Attached: Winged-Hussars.jpg (984x700, 129K)

Travel much?

Liebnecht was a jew

It's beautiful

>untrained
untained

>>Wake up at dawn, everyday. Fresh, unpolluted air every morning
Ok
>>Eat hardy bread and pungent cheese for breakfast, slam a quick beer down
Lol no, water, salt and bread, beer and cheese were for special occassions.
>>Work until sunset, taking many breaks and naps, feeling accomplished at the end of day
No breaks otherwise you got whipped by beadle.
>>Go to mass in a giant cathedral filled with beautiful stain glass illustrations so I can understand the story of Christianity
No peasant could read so you had to believe any nonsense a priest told you otherwise you got burned as heretic.
>>Go to the pub every night and have dark ales and lagers, sing drinking songs with my friends I've known my whole life
Ale in 12th century is disgusting, you can't afford more than two mugs per evening and most of your friends are dead because it was rare for peasant to live past 40, also constant brawls.
>>Go home and have unprotected sex with my plump teenage wife every night, end up having 15 kids who all visit me on my death bed, bringing my dozens of grandchildren with them
Unless your wife is pretty and taken away by nobility for their private gangbangs
>>No idea about: trannies, gays, Jews, Muslims, atheists, fetishists, obese people, liberals, SJWs
You were in greater danger from your own people.
>>Don't care about politics at all, someone better and more educated than me has to bear that burden
People were thinking about the politics the same way they do today dumbo
>>Die after confessing to the priest and have every inclination that I'll go straight to heaven to live with my ancestors and Jesus forever
Or maybe you'll end up in spiderman's rape dungeon, who can say which fanfic is real.

You're typical naive Amerimutt that wishes for something that would kill you within 24 hours.

fuck ya op quality ass thread finally lol

Czechs are such fucking degenerates. No wonder all of their women suck Western cock for money. I don’t know a single woman who would come near a drooling retard like your average Czech cuck. No wonder the Slovaks wanted out

Peasants frequently took breaks as they worked on the field, which they did not do daily. You are again clinging onto the life expectancy meme. Droit du seigneur is a meme formed during the enlightenment to further blackwash the Middle Ages, which they depicted as a polar opposite to their views. People obviously didn’t think about politics as they do today, they had their own lives and the only king most would see would be his face on coins. There wasn’t so much information and propaganda, the state was far more decentralized and life was much more local.

>no idea about jews, muslims, gays, atheists
Wrong

so you literally want to be a nigger slave?

NONE OF YOU FUCKING SHITS KNOW WHAT IT WAS LIKE TO BE A PEASANT
TRY THIS CHANNEL

LEARN SOMETHING
IT WASNT THAT BAD OF A LIFE AND THEY ACTUALLY HAD BETTER MORE BALANCED DIETS THAN MOST OF YOU

Attached: enochconstipated.jpg (468x825, 72K)

there are villaes in eastern europe where life is a lot like it used to be in the middle ages

Attached: laughing_slavs.jpg (550x405, 55K)

villages

there wont be a better thread on pol for the rest of the year

i think about it monthly even though it's not healthy to dream of the past

Pode ser um otimo sonho, desde que tu saiba tempera-lo com moderacao, irmao.

This is the story of all my ancestors. Mountain farm people and lumberjacks.
They lived the good life

Why mongoloids idolize the past?

Mongoloids will think this about cubicles hells?