Schopenhauer on choosing roasties

>The teeth, too, are important, because they are essential for nourishment, and quite peculiarly hereditary.

>The fourth consideration is a certain plumpness, in other words, a superabundance of the vegetative function, plasticity. . . . Hence excessive thinness strikingly repels us. . . . The last consideration that influences us is a beautiful face. Here, too, the bone parts are taken into account before everything else. So that almost everything depends on a beautiful nose, while a short retroussé one will mar all. A slight upward or downward turn of the nose has often determined the life’s happiness of a great many maidens; and justly so, for the type of the species is at stake.

>A small mouth, by means of small maxillae, is very essential, as it is the specific characteristic of the human face as distinguished from the muzzle of the brutes. A receding, as it were, a cut-away chin is particularly repellent, because mentum prominulum is a characteristic belonging exclusively to our species.

Taken from the essay Metaphysics of Love.

Is he right?

Attached: schopenhauer_360x450.jpg (570x712, 111K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ebooks.adelaide.edu.au/s/schopenhauer/arthur/essays/chapter5.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

How many kids did he have?

He was an antinatalist so you can guess.

he was a raging incel

Attached: schopenhauerAndBuddha.png (1000x1500, 698K)

Why did he push her down the stairs?

she must have been australian

he was a fool

Schopenhauer was fond of thinking and developing ideas. Buddhists are indifferent to that. I am surprised that a Buddhist who realized how much he had in common with Schopenhauer would have turned on him so abruptly. But the consideration of such details don’t lendcthemselves to easy jokes by comic strip writers. Read Schopenhauer essay “On Noise.”

on noise does little to portray schopenhauer in a less crazy light my friend
if anything it underlines his autistic obssessions

She was a woman.

Schopenhauer like Nietzsche appears to have been an incel.

Nietzsche went to brothels tho

Attached: 1564752746320.png (480x417, 412K)

He had one kid. By a prostitute, who he completely cut ties with and Denied the kid was his. He may have been right.

No he wasn't.

Attached: schop richter.png (818x582, 278K)

Nietzsche also died from STDs.

I mean, he's not wrong. Don't ever get involved with a woman with fucked up teeth

W*men ruining philosophy again

Attached: greek.jpg (290x174, 7K)

I'm totally sure the guy from the wealthy Hanseatic merchant family who was fucking actresses was also an incel. Makes sense.

Attached: schop.jpg (478x488, 74K)

I thought so. I don't take weight loss advice from a fat guy or ask a chain smoker how to quit smoking. I want a family, not philosophy. Thanks anons.

>The fourth consideration is a certain plumpness
Based

You're making a mistake user.

Pretty much every single philosopher was a flawed guy who transgressed against his own philosophies. That's because they were all human, and so subject to the same phenomenon and drives all men are.

That doesn't make them wrong. That makes them experienced in what they're talking about.

It's foolish to disregard legitimate, meaningful philosophy because of this. You can spend your whole life searching for a perfect, flawless man to believe in, and you never will.

He was famously unable to connect with women, if you read his bio his dates with upper class damsels were awkward and they didnt like him. He came across as an autist from what I've read of him. He might have gone to prostitutes but his resentment about women was similar to Nietzsche, who was also romantically (not sexually) unsuccesfull

What age Schopenhauer are you talking about here? Schopenhauer's attitudes, like most people, evolved over the course of his life. His attitudes in his 20s were quite different than his attitudes in his 30s and beyond.

Attached: schopenhauer life.png (806x328, 102K)

>It's foolish to disregard legitimate, meaningful philosophy because of this
You misunderstand, user. I have been interested in philosophy since I was a child. I read Nietzsche when I was 12 and once had an english teacher tell me that I can find philosophy in a phone book. Philosophers are worthless. They will lead you to your doom. The fuckers don't act, they just think. They spread ideas to people that can't handle them and stay clear of danger themselves. In time you may find that you have fallen on the sword of principle while your enemy has eaten your children and taken your land.

TF is he talking about? I can't understand shit. He want a bitch to have a long nose or a short nose? An upward pointing one or a downward pointing one? Can't make out. The language it's in written is garbage.

I trust the man who has scaled the mountain and come back down by hook or by crook rather than the man who sits at the bottom never losing his footing.

The most repulsive man that ever lived can tell us more about attraction than any moderate.

I must have missed that. 40s and older

It's a pretty foolish man who dismisses the thoughts and perceptions of probably intelligent men out of hand.

Have fun reinventing the wheel.

Also context matters. If all that matters to you is the mores of worldly existence, and not the intellectual, the spiritual, the transcendent, then your statement is more or less true. But there is more to life than that, than playing the harsh but dull game of Darwinism.

Take the Buddha and his teachings for instance. Things which Schopenhauer borrowed heavily from.

Buddhism teaches that all attachments are harmful. They cause cognitive dissonance, Dukkha. To be truly free of suffering you have to let go of... everything. An enlightened man will have no strong feelings about the invading soldier standing over him poised to strike, the meteor about to flatten the continent he stands on, the wave about to wash him away, the unceasing, inevitable March of entropy toward his own inescapable mortal death.

These things don't matter. Because in Buddhist philosophy - and indeed all philosophy - when you understand and practice, your entire world changes. It's scope, it's meaning, it's context.

Death is just a phenomenon in that vast worldview. What is death compared to being enlightened about not only the nature of being, but of what it all means?

That is the beauty of philosophy. It is turning to the Darwinian nature of the world and saying: "excuse me. I'm a free thinking being and I'm going to do my own thing. I may still be subject to you, but only my body. My Mind is my own."

Also go tell Marcus Aurelius all he did was pander to people and not go into harm's way himself.

That's right, my good man.

Attached: Whiteness Intensifies.png (1146x645, 642K)

Tl:dr. Good luck user. I don't give a shit anymore. I want results.

So he liked them thicc

Pretty weak overall, though

Then you have started to look in the wrong place straight off the hop.

Good luck, Sisyphus.

Also, a man who in his pursuit of accomplishments and goals is unwilling to read five lines of text, is not going to get very far at all. I'm afraid you've shown your true colours and limitations, we can both agree that my words are wasted on you.

Attached: sisyphus_by_o__v-d66ox90.png (585x293, 89K)

Ur gay. God wants us to strike back and survive!

Attached: 1560855716698.jpg (480x480, 41K)

Given the cruel and Darwinian nature of this world, into which we have been thrust without knowledge or consent, do we really owe God any favours?

Our souls are at stake

>do we really owe God any favours?

Does the slave owe the master? And yet he toils.

>Given the cruel and Darwinian nature of this world, into which we have been thrust without knowledge or consent, do we really owe God any favours?
Well, since we made it Darwinian ourselves, yeah?

Short version
>They should have good teeth, be of healthy weight, have a nose that isn't a weird shape, and not have a manjaw or a weak chin.

Wow. Mindblowing insight.

Please explain how the Universe, with all it's driving forces such as evolution, entropy and thermodynamics, is Man's creation.

You dumbass.

>choosing roasties
only beta males do that

Yeah he even missed some important ones like no cone or cylinder shape legs, doesn't fart a lot or smell bad, and doesn't have a roastie vagoo.

It's the perspective we've taken. There is no time where our souls also exist but our souls are coupled to this reality at the speed of light like a photon. There is such a thing as destiny. Our earliest fragmented thoughts and memories were given to us as we melded into this reality. Everything is as logically consistent as possible but there are gaps and inconsistencies everywhere and so we are basically in an imperfect framework with presence of evil for all beings who experience it. We all have destinies and we also have limited freewill, and they are entwined outside of time and determine the nature of our soul.

>Souls

Let me stop you right there.

The difference between philosophy and faith is that the former relies on provable or observable phenomenon.

Souls are neither of these and so are an abstract concept based on faith. Faith in a reality or circumstances which either does not tangibly exist or at least appears this way. As such it is unreliable at best and intellectually bankrupt at worst.

As such I am not interested in your fictions of souls, and how you allow them to warp the reality of what is known.

Detach yourself from such things. Stick only to what is real, known, and provable. Otherwise you are wandering blindfolded in the dark, guided only by someone who wants something from you.

No, soul is the observation of being or existing. We are able to reason that our existence is superficial just from that observation.

You're going to need to expand on that. Otherwise it sounds like subjective solpsism.

Schopenhauer left his estate to a single mother. I'm not taking advice on women from an ugly loser.

>If a person makes a mistake, everything they have ever done or said becomes instantly wrong.

Top shelf intelligence there, user. I'll have a Big Mac meal with fries and a Coke.

Once you accept you're witnessing your own existence, and thus this observation is both permanently influenced and coupled to your persistent existence, then you've got a first principle axiom for the rest of scientific empirical fact finding that includes what you've defined as a soul that is always as consistent as possible with which you observe in frame of your souls extra-existential reality and its indefinable qualities trapped in this framework. Basically our bodies and behaviors and even DNA and their quantum entangled elements that attach to our soul on a mathematical level and also creates a link outside of this reality between our ancestors and kin and experiences. So there is such thing as race and it has a link to our souls with a natural truth with beauty and beauty in our souls that transcends reality, but reality is corrupting us and dooming many of our souls and tainting others, often mostly innocent.

Sounds like you're smoking some good crack user. Let's see peer reviewed papers for this quantum entanglement notion.

Also do yourself a favour and don't fall into the trap most philosophers do of using needlessly verbose, esoteric language to make your argument sound smarter. You'll always achieve more by making statements succinct, easily understandable and approachable.

He's unironically describing the sameface of anime girls. They're visual representations of our subconscious abstracts of beauty. Upturned nose, sharp jawline, just enough pudge to have some soft roundness to their features, etc.

Attached: Adeleine.full.2101202.jpg (1500x2118, 479K)

Dude has basically described user to a tee.
Kek.

And he's right. All those characteristics reflect top tier genetics.

they didnt have stairs back then idiot

Schopenhauer was the original incel. A girl left him on his youth despite he was a supreme gentleman and he never got over. A genious can be petty like that

You're a fag you asked me to expand for you. I gave you as much as I could in efficient words not my fault your stupid.

We already know satan's frequency is the higgs boson energy level and we've tuned him in locally and it is turning reality into clown world like a ghost busters movie except with how demons really work. Our souls are a composite of energy levels entangled together and this entanglement interacts with reality at the speed of light. Our souls are mathematical zoos just like this reality is, and there's a venn diagram how much are souls are linked to reality for every soul. Our soul interface is the mathematical logic that governs the existence and interaction of the universes physical laws.

goethe was a raging incel who fucked the first and only woman in his life (a prostitute) at 40.
schopenhauer was a slayer.

Nothing petty about that. The universe fucked him over.

Attached: 1563969415160.jpg (500x464, 45K)

>He continued to ramble about crazy shit without posting a shred of source. Finally, foam on his chin, he flew into an autistic rage and started calling people faggots
>Folks started to back away, edge towards the exits, wondering what was wrong with the lank, pale boy as he tore at his garments and cursed the sky

You want to make assertions of that nature, you need to provide sources, user.

Schopenhauer: asceticism is cool as fuck, not acting or believing in action is a really really good idea

Megafaggot, fuck Schopenhauer

>The difference between philosophy and faith is that the former relies on provable or observable phenomenon.
>doesn't understand philosophy but comments anyway

Pour a nice, tall glass of bleach user and come back after you've drank it

I gave you a first axiom for the soul reference frame. It's just logic. Any phenomenon about the soul goes from that. I told you our reality is trapped and coupled with the universe's laws and initial conditions, and that is implied in the first axiom logically. It also implies that what we learn in this reality is also evidence gathered about our subsouls that affects the nature of our total soul.

Great argument bro. Rich in content and meaning.

Attached: grahams-grading-og-disagrrement-argument.jpg (820x612, 69K)

You're a disturbed individual. If you expect others to buy in to your very off the wall reasoning you're going to need to do more than just shout "It's right because it's obviously right!"

he left his estate to the prussian soldiers (and their families) who fought against the plebeian insurgents in the '48 revolutions.
probably the most based man ever existed.

it was about as good as your mentally retarded assertion that no philosophers believe in souls

gave me a chuckle, I love when Jow Forums reminds me that the majority of posters are just your everyday dipshit pretending he knows what he's talking about

you don't even need to go down that line of reasoning to refute the claim. Basically all of continental and existential philosophy assumes vitalism. Kid just assumed the analytics were the whole of philosophy, and that all continental philosophers are theologians

literally the most retarded shit I've ever heard in my life

>The last consideration that influences us is a beautiful face.
This is where he fucked up. Faces are easily the most important feature to consider, and also the most difficult to correctly interpret. Only god tier intuitives can tell the quality of a person's soul and we do so by looking at faces. I understand that his won't make sense to most of you simply due to the fact that intuition like ours is very rare.

Attached: qwerty.png (240x223, 47K)

He died of dementia not syphilis

See, it is self consistent axiom for describing reality in the soul reference. It is such a fruitful postulate that it auto generates more postulates implicitly. There are holy truths and evil loopholes. It says that our souls exist in numbers with primes and other facts of this reality that we can't resolve just with physics by itself. The only thing you need to accept is the first axiom and verify it is true with your soul.

The known cause of Nietzsche's death is not definitive. Some think it was syphilis, some think it was cancer. Nobody knows and ultimately it doesn't matter at all

God is a faggot who had to wipe out all of creation because he wasn't able to handle it.

No the creations were fagets

Their faggotry was a byproduct of God's own love for the black dick

Satan brought niggers to earth and forced them on us. Only corrupt and flawed images go for niggers or anyone outside there race.

Tell that to Jesus.

>doesn't fart
You utter pleb

Attached: Screenshot_2019-05-24 Crossed _Special 2013 - Read Crossed _Special 2013 comic online in high qualit (375x419, 407K)

I fully understand the point you're making, but how can you even make use of your intuition when you talk like such an insufferable cunt?

Jesus doesn't think about niggers he never met 1 and he would be enraged if he saw 1 freely walking thru a white town

Then why did god create them?
If he didn't create them why didn't he give them the nephilim treatment like in Genesis?

Dementia can be caused by neuro-syphilis.

I found the original comic, guys.

Attached: Shoppen Hower.jpg (711x1481, 290K)

Or by being a left wing faggot, was he also a left wing faggot?

>Nietzsche
>left-wing
fucking illiterate Jow Forums faggots dude im telling you

he wasn't

Attached: 1562559947649.gif (463x698, 204K)

Schopenhauer's "On Women" is brilliant. Everyone should read it.

ebooks.adelaide.edu.au/s/schopenhauer/arthur/essays/chapter5.html

Imagine Schopenhauer living near africans, he would go postal after hearing loud yelling on the phone, baby cries and shit music
I absolutely understand his hate for noise, it's the absolute thought killer, a carefree invasion of one's brain

>he was involuntarily celebate
>but he had sex

are you literally a retard?

> I judge philosophy based on my 12 years old kid perspective
How can anyone take you seriously

Rhetorical question, Daekwon

if you think Nietzsche was left wing you're mentally ill and should be gassed to spare us your kind furthering itself in the gene pool