So why does most of the internet use CloudFlare now, when such a service didn't exist 10 years ago?

So why does most of the internet use CloudFlare now, when such a service didn't exist 10 years ago?

Attached: kf.png (874x261, 10K)

Other urls found in this thread:

solid.inrupt.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Because they're too lazy to use anything else. It's like Jewtube or Faceberg or Google, normalfags can't be assed anymore to use alternatives

Free stuff via VC money got them scale. Now they've launched useful services on top of infrastructure that is vast and cheap per GB cost

t. Someone who has close friends that work for Cloudflare

Because of scale. Although they are massive kikes. For example, cloudflare blocks things it deems "unsafe" such as internet archives.

>t. Someone who has close friends that work for Cloudflare
Fuck off pajeet. That's like saying "you need heart surgery, I know a doctor"

Every huge internet company is owned by kikes but normies can't even notice...how...
Netflix, YouTube, Google, Amazon, you name it.

Because it's a ZOG protection racket: "Oy vey goyim, better pay for our DDoS protection service, it would be a shame if our l33t ANTIFA/MOSSAD hackers took down your site eh gooooooooy?"

(((Monopoly)))

is it just time to stop using cloudfare? They started all this censorship bs in the first place because that guy there caved.

I work in the internet industry. I'm close friends with engineers who run their core backbone

Ask me what you would like to know. I even know how some of their contracts in India are structured with vendors

>CloudFlare
"Project Honey Pot"

>I work in the internet industry. I'm close friends with engineers who run their core backbone
You sound like a typical pajeet. Fucking retarded.

Attached: 1565074117564.png (874x261, 15K)

Don't care what you think

>Ask me what you would like to know
Is there a romantic way to fist a woman?

Does your friend know Gabbi Fisher?

Attached: gabbiandziggy.jpg (900x1200, 174K)

/thread

nice digits poobro

Attached: 1542337008749.jpg (680x680, 91K)

How can we break the backbone?

They have an IPO in September.

Poonloos could unironically start hosting true free speech services, better hurry before the chinks beat you to it! Das rite, we've come to the point that fucking CHINA has more free speech than the (((((West)))))).

I remember a few weeks ago it went down for a while and a large part of the internet, including this site did too. Its gay af when a few companies (Google) monopolize most of the internet and get to control the narrative and flow of information

Before we got the cloud, Jow Forums got DdoS’d constantly and I’n pretty sure it’s mostly been butt hurt faggots on /b/.

I'm close friends with your friends and they hate you.

holy kek.

>problem
>reaction
>solution
DDOS attacks anyone who doesn't pass their traffic through the honeypot filter. hmmmmm
Bad guy, Good guy, or Same guy?

Nope, back then it was "black hat hacktivists" who all happened to be far-left. Some things never change.

>So why does most of the internet use CloudFlare now, when such a service didn't exist 10 years ago?
Because cloudflare provides ddos protection. That's really about it.
Rinky-dink small business data centers can't survive or mitigate ddos attacks so everybody hides behind the cloudflare shield. Same goes for google, amazon, microsoft, ibm

They run an anycasted backbone with fat pipes. All of the circuits are L1 which they lease so there is very little scope for congestion. DNS reflection was successful in the past but they have so much peering now that it would be hard. They do have agreements with third parties to carry traffic in places like India but they are usually national carriers/telecom operators so taking them down is very hard

What that basically means is that if you say try to hit xyz.com hosted on cloudflare, it would go to a node closest to you. Manage to take it down with Tbps of bw? No worries they'll just shut the node down and bring it up somewhere else.

>bring it up somewhere else
Sorry I mean the same IP address will be available at most regions in the world, traffic will just flow there. Google IP anycast. Sorry I'm phoneposting

Most sites had no ddos protection back then. This is why Jow Forums was able to take down so many sites.

Because most datacentres will fucking nullroute you if you get hit by a ddos(people ddos shitty minecraft servers with >50Gbps for fun)happens enough times and they will boot you to protect their own network, it is possible to set up your own solution but it is complicated and expensive, services like cloud flair are necessary in this day and age, especially if you run any kind of internet based business, blame all the script kiddies that have thousands of infected computers and routers to play with.

Before CloudFlare scriptkiddies took down sites at their fancy, it's why a lot of these delusional "hacker" groups who don't do shit got started. On a semi-related note, where is the cuck manifesto now that thaichan got taken down?

>Pajeet coder pulls a Boeing at Cloudflare
>Half of the internet gets shut down
Please make it happen

'shut it down' right rabbi?

why are you friends with kikes?

It’s ddos protection service, if you don’t pay up you get ddos’ed.

you sound like a fucking ignorant and small dick

So... if I read that correctly, it is somewhat decentralized infrastructure and therefore it isn't vulnerable to one concentrated effort.

The word here would be distributed, rather than decentralised.

This

Hell, just fucking pull the plug and cut wires.

The internet was only meant to be used by geeks when it came out who were interested in computers, not normies.

Can you educate me on the difference between the two?

Is your name John Smith by any chance ?

fuck up idiot

One entity controlling something spread out, versus many entities spread out contributing I would reckon.

Subtle. Good job Ivan.

Could cloudflare themselves be part of the ddos attacks? I imagine when you enter a contract with them, you agree to loan them bandwidth somehow. So not only do they have their own servers, but an excess of bandwidth from other sources. And since they were funded by big vc money, it seems like it falls in line pretty well with some shitty corporate/political (same thing now) tactics, nuke who gets in your way, protect your propaganda and investments at the same time.

Attached: 4A9B7AA5-20DB-4452-A5D9-B0E1F89B3DFB.gif (333x281, 1.67M)

>Amazon
>owned by kikes
pick one

Massively reduces bandwidth costs, and protects against a bunch of DDoS shit as a bonus.

It's glowing as all hell, they have infinite money.

>I imagine when you enter a contract with them, you agree to loan them bandwidth somehow.
No you don't, and you can't. That's retarded.

It sits between the user and the site and serves up cached data (copies on cloudflare) whenever possible.

Both. Bezos owns less than 15% of it now. Take a wild guess who owns the rest of it.

Did you fall for his ransomware scam and end up on the phone with him?

Hiro needs to abandon Cloudflare before it’s too late. Jow Forums should just run it’s own Anti-DDOSing service. I wish there was a way to actually speak with him.

Maybe I'm not using the right terminology, I’m using layman’s terms here, but I don’t see how that would prevent what I’m talking about. Honestly I don’t know, which is why I’m asking.

I've cost them the equivalent of thousands (biggest site had almost 100k uniques daily at some point, second one sometimes hits hundreds of K uniques/day depending on virality) just from my free account. And everyone owning or managing sites does the same, probably an average net loss to CF of ~$50/year per free account. Their paid business options don't look very attractive or expensive, they can't possibly make back all that money.

Cloudflare doesn't touch the protected site in any way other than remote download stuff from it to give users cached data. You don't install anything.

There’s another alternative to ZeroNet called Solid. Similar concept. solid.inrupt.com/

>So why does most of the internet use CloudFlare now, when such a service didn't exist 10 years ago?
pretty much this they give out free stuff (free cdn, free DDOS protection). If you can't monetize your website, you can't really pay for the commercial alternatives.

>jewish conspiracy because
>/thread
Thanks for the reminder that the average Jow Forums user is willfully ignorant and has an IQ well down in the 80s

>being stupid and not even realising you are getting trolled
>calling the person who trolled you low IQ

each day I loose a bit more respect for scandinavian countries. You are now in the ranks of Turkey/Pakistan for me...

Attached: 1439376242262.png (450x488, 335K)

This is how they think and what they actually think, newfag. Everything is dismissed as a jewish conspiracy theory before the facts are even considered (intellectual laziness, lack of curiosity, highly correlated with lack of IQ).

sorry
gab can't clone and fork cloudflare
the real problem is www is centralized
unlike nntp
try nntpchan

I've been here long enough to see those IQ threads, and most people in here are way above average.

Jow Forums is the intellectual dark web. we singlehandedly elected the american president, and got labelled "russian bots" by the media

You do have to to change your dns to their specifications. Could you not do what I was originally talking about through that? Again, I don’t really know, I’m just asking. From my limited knowledge it seems like with some creativity, it could be done, or something similar to what I was mentioning. Thanks, this is interesting.

Because it's a high-profile hosting service with DDoS protection.
In reality, self service or at least CloudDNS is superior.

it could be true. I bought some aws servers, and as soon I've set them up, they get attacked and spammed by some random bots (even without the domain name).

my suspicion is, amazon does it themselves. Or somehow people can predict their IP ranges. Or they themselves give their IP ranges to malicious entities.

What do they have to loose. Those fucking bots create a lot of traffic and keep the aws site active 24/h a day.

It's all about control.

DNS is separate from hosting.

-You buy a domain from a registrar (godaddy, namecheap, etc)
-You set the DNS to cloudflare (cloudflare gets to route the traffic on that domain)
-You set up the site's info in cloudflare (server ip etc)
-Cloudflare now retrieves files from your server when users request them; stores them for cache depending on settings

There is nothing cloudflare can take from your hardware and they can't put files on your server to leech bandwidth.

>Those fucking bots create a lot of traffic and keep the aws site active 24/h a day.
forgot to add, which obviously increases your monthly aws bill (5 usd is minimum, you end up paying 15 - 30 usd because of fake traffic)

They could theoretically leech your bandwidth for some common files (how incredibly marginal would that be) but then a lot of the point of cloudflare is gone and people wouldn't use it. Scandal all over the place as well, people would find out really fast.

>but then a lot of the point of cloudflare is gone
Meaning both the bandwidth reduction and DDoS protection would disappear

Got it now. Thanks

Let me explain to you a little secret about the tech industry

Soibois and programmers of all types are lazy. What matters when making a popular tech service or library is documentation, and making it easy to deploy. Ideally you want the end-user to be some devs who get used to using your brand of shit because it's quick and a few lines of typing. Then you can lock these companies into paying for licenses for the commercial version.

This issue is never the technology, only the gimmicks and political ideology which directs it's usage later on.

Why does a company whose mission is DDOS protection give a fuck about the content they get paid to protect?

Do wrong think = lose the needed DDOS protection. This is just discrimination and bias, not a knock on the need for that sort of technical feature when running a website these days.

IT WILL NOT GET FIXED unless the management of these companies get replaced or have a change of heart.

The entire internet is being crawled constantly by many people, it doesnt even take that long if you have access to a good connection, you can litterally do it with a laptop if you wanted.

You make video games for a living uh? Dev kits all day... But the company must pay!

yes, but how can they see your site without domain name?

they crawled the amazon aws public IP, 2 days after I setup the site. How would they find that IP so fast?

Also, there were malicious bots. Trying to open urls ending with php-myadmin, admin, etc

Probably not even cloudflare, there is probably somebody upstream threatening them, same way paypal and other payment processors are pressuring all kinds of businesses online

I do not waste my life on anything related to gaming

You do realize your ip is just a number, if you arent using ipv6 you can ltterally just go through each possible ip, there are only 2^32 possible addresses.

They probably know what amazons ip ranges are as well which greatly reduces the time needed to search

>what is an intentional centralization of dependency
i wonder who could be behind it

>They probably know what amazons ip ranges
well, thats what I said beforehand. And amazon obviously doesn't give a fuck, since it increases your bill. They could obviously make a list of those spammer IP's and give you the option to block them... but nope.

Because they are too stupid to use DDoS prevention methods on their servers.

Well frankly its your responsibility to block those ranges(which im pretty sure amazon lets you do), also just block russia and china entirely if you dont need those ranges, thats where most of it comes from.

>I work in the internet industry
>internet
>industry
pajeet plz go

You have been visited by the Laura of horrible cereal noises.

YOU HAVE TO B-BUMP THE THREAD! It's c-coming, don't you understand?! It's c-coming! And if you haven't b-bumped the thread by the time it gets here, the thread is going to D-DIE!

Attached: Laura.jpg (634x478, 74K)