What do you guys do to keep your mental health in balance? Do you sometimes deal with anxiety or depression...

What do you guys do to keep your mental health in balance? Do you sometimes deal with anxiety or depression? How do you feel about psychology or meditation?

Attached: 1430204392043.jpg (481x609, 158K)

Piss in own eyes to increase strength and reduce cataracts

I try to meditate once a day and often generally put slight amounts discomfort upon myself throughout the day.

Jow Forums gave me OCD

Kick a hobo to death. Just the usual stuff to blow off steam.

Try writing your feelings out on something like Word, OneNote, or even on a text document if you can deal with the font. As you type, reflect on

1. Why you are writing about whatever it is your writing.
2. How you feel about your writing.

Try to avoid putting yourself down more than you think is necessary. For example, if you write about how you did something embarrassing today try to deeply express your emotions but don't be so critical about embarrassing yourself.

Many people start writing out their emotions but begin to divulge into self-hatred. It's important that in your writing (just like in your thoughts) that you employ positive thinking.

LSD

Exercise, the fresh mountain air, marijuana, prayer,fasting, cold showers,forgiveness and being contrite.

Attached: 1560712004939.jpg (225x224, 7K)

I would like to mention I'm also high all the time now that I remembered

The solution to all depression/ anxiety is stoicism.
Read Marcus Aurelius, Seneca and Epictetus, and you will have shield against any suffering

>I would like to mention I'm also high all the time now that I remembered
Very good.

just be normal

it's easy

The cause of anxiety and depression is caused by a bad gut. Eat a good diet and you will never have any mental disorder.

T. had severe anxiety disorder

Nihilism and degeneracy is not the solution OP, don't listen to these subhumans

Lately I feel like I've been going through a storm.

If I'm feeling down I realise that it will pass. Mediation helps absolutely, human connection with friends family and women also helps. Getting out into nature is always good, brace, mountains, wilderness. Taking a break from heavy politics and philosophy can help too. Also escapism once in a while by watching some normie tier TV show although Id do this rarely and stay away from the real Marxist shit.

It's important to remember that what field are anguish and stress is the weight of knowing the truth about the world and it's significance. Therefore it can be good to give our mind a rest, endlessly browsing Chan will not teach us much new that we don't already know, but it will raise our stress.

Gl user

God.

I lived a huge trauma at a young age (lost my dad at 10) and since then I don't feel emotions. It sucks cause I'll never have a fire in my belly that will make me successful. I don't know if it qualifies as depression. I'm just dull

I'm a fellow practicing stoic though

I just pray every night that brown people will be deported or otherwise removed from America and the West in general. Seems to be working out, honestly. Sometimes I think I'm a really powerful psychic.

Attached: wolf.jpg (1120x1280, 117K)

I shitpost

isn't stocism literally DEpression

Why would you be on drugs if you are stoic then ?

smoke weed bro

No its actually just trying to forget you have it really. I'm not depressed or anything I just find myself to be naturally stoic, I'm just trying to solidify it.

It's really just trying to forget you have depression or anything really.

Fill me up doc I need my meds (I take a lot of meds)

i browse wallpaper threads.

Just find myself smoking joints, cigars, and tripping on acid.

Mental illness is a spook. We live in a dysfunctional, unnatural society. This makes people nuts.

Attached: 1549968207674.png (1169x827, 361K)

this. Based

>Nihilism and degeneracy is not the solution OP, don't listen to these subhumans
Look asshole I run my own business and the reason I run my own business is because I'll be goddamned if somebody is going to shove their morality and lifestyle choices down my throat. I work out with regularity I don'r smoke cigarettes and I don't drink alcohol. But if I want to spend a sunny summer afternoon tripping my face off and hanging out in my backyard that is nobodies business but mine...

You should not, always be in control

No it's not about forgetting, it's about understanding that there is no reason to be hurted about what you can't control. It rains ? Well it's how it is, you can't do nothing, it's how the world is meant to be and you can't change anything, so why would you be sad about it ? Stoicism is understanding our condition, and be pragmatic about it.

DIY, walking, drawing, exercise. Basically do things to avoid modern society, this includes using the internet.

Where did anything i said clicks with nihilism you dumbfuck?
Its exactly the opposite.

I shitpost on Jow Forums and sometimes play the vidya.

I have studied psychology and delved the depths of my conscience. There's not much there but a burning desire see the world changed.

Attached: 26_theodore_roosevelt.jpg (364x452, 50K)

I didn't tell you not to do it, I'm warning OP that your poor lifestyle is not a good solution to depression. But of course if you want to live like a libertarian shitskin it's all up to you, don't worry I don't care and I will not try to change your mind

You mention marijuana, drug is nihilism to me. By being on drugs people try to forget the world we are living in to be at another place, people that find hapiness on drugs are people that refuse to live in our world, just like christianity it's a kind of nihilism

It's getting tougher and tougher,I only have one parent left and she has been especially evil lately. Just a few days ago she told me how my dad wanted to abort me and I should be grateful to her and that I owe her my life. My other family member is dying of cancer. I was doing so damn well in life and on such a virtuous,productive and prideful path but I have lost so much motivation. How am I expected to self actualize without a family for support? With a person that created you being the largest person I hate. It's worse than if she was dead. How the fuck do I move on from this and get back on track? I worry that all of this is deeply negatively impacting my psyche but have no clue how to get my old psyche back. What do you guys do to cope with these sort of problems? How do I get past this?

smoke weed eat xanx and constant daydream of the dotr

I put a loaded gun in my mouth for about 5 minutes a day to see if I have the balls to do it

After I don't pull the trigger I beat myself on the face and legs like my dad used to because of how disappointed with myself I am until I go out and do productive shit

I drink liquid cannabis.

Attached: 38BE06F6-A13C-4512-82FF-522CF90AB603.jpg (2048x2048, 415K)

Do you want a hug?

Was his dead unexpected?

Marcus Aurelius is a cunt. He spends the first six pages bragging about how virtuous he is and how wise he is, then he goes on to reject what he naturally feels compelled to do. Absolute degenerate philosopher. Read his Meditations, you'll see what I mean.

fuck prostitutes

So then everyone is a nihilist and everything is nihilism, food is nihilism, drugs, drinks and what not.
Do you realize how stupid you sound?
Probably not, you're a heathen scum so 100% chance of 0 self awareness.
Btw sugar is 8 times more addictive than coke, if you're having more than 30 grams of sugar a day you're basically worse than a cokehead and should kys.

*death

>Christianity is nihilism
Gas the French.

Physical exercise is number 1, then human interaction is number 2 and sunlight is 3.

But I cannot understate how important physical exercise is for mental well being, we weren't designed to be sedentary creatures, imagine how a dog would become if it were kept in a small room with no other dogs

Well, I have suffered from chronic depression and anxiety my whole life. It is always there, but managing it is the key. Meditation is good, mindfulness stuff. If it gets too much I have been on the big pharma for a couple of stints. Last one saved my life, as I was ready to an hero. Exercise helps, but I am a lazy cunt. Reading philosophy helped as well to normalise things and made me realise I am not the only one with lots of questions, a lack of meaning and purpose and a spastic retard brain that is its own worst enemy.
Thank you for reading my blog.

Oh come on that is no reason. Pull yourself up,i lost my dad at 10 as well and much much worse. It is up to you. Be thankful you don't have to deal with a parent that is evil. I am able to idealize my dead parent at least. Don't you have any dreams? My dreams and friends are what keep me going

I lift weights, garden and sleep in.

His meditations are great, I felt like he was humble, the first pages is mostly thanks to his friends and family for helping him in his life
No, drinks and food are not nihilist because it's not about addiction, it's about the effects on your mind, how it helps you to forget your problems and how it brings you to a kind of other world. I'm not pagan, I'm Nietzschean and I think that you should forget about your own world, your own body, reality

should not*

Nihilism can be great if it elevates your spirit, like christianity. But drugs...

>Keeping mental health in balance
AAAHHAHAHAHAHAA
When the whole world has gone crazy, the only sane thing to do is to go insane.

Tell me about your meditation habits. Are you following a programme?

I do one of the following:

Play tennis with a friend

Design and build electronics (stuff you can already buy but still)

Design some antennas

Jerk off when I need to clear my head quickly

Do some landscaping

Do some home improvements (add.a new outlet, replace faucets, texture the walls in a different style, fix or replace old apliances etc.

I also like to going to home depot to see if I get any new ideas and see if I can do it cheaper than what they offer.

If I get something like 3 days off I like to go out to a natiomal park and hike around.

I deal with mild anxiety quite a bit and it is a lot easier to deal with than depression at least for me. With anxiety so long as I can be up and moving I can push it to the back of my head and forget about it after a while of having my mind occupied. Depression is more like a cloud over your life. Even getting out of bed is hard and sometimes you only get up because you're hungry. Once youre up though I find that manual labor or doing something where you can see the progress of it as you work seems to help.

I lost my mind years ago. I highly recommend it.

A good friend once said this to me and I will never forget it. He said...

"Commando..." he called me that because I always wear camo and or BDU's...

"Commando, let me ask you something..."
"Did you ever think about what it would be like to lose it... I mean just fucking lose it?"

It wasn't so much what he was saying as it was the cathartic way he said it with that look on his face like he just had a blumpkin . He had that look on his face like he just shit and came at the same time.

Anxiety and depression are a long term problem for me, though they have a clear discernible root in social circumstances, so it's not really clinical depression as such. And as childish as it might sound, what all that angst that piled up in me really needed was just a lot of hugs, cuddles and cute, happy thoughts, even if just online ones. Y'all got so mired up in this apocalyptic battle against social windmills that you completely lost the plot of what it is that you're fighting for.

What did you used to eat and what do you eat now, Swede user?

The problems of others are not my personal crusade. The outcome of the worlds fate is not in my hands. The direction of others lives is of no concern to me. My own life has no value or meaning.

Life is a pointless exercise of the universe attempting to become aware of itself, and I am not sure it's worth the trouble.

Remarks on philosophy coming from a frenchman? Why don't you go prove the existence of God in a few pages Descartes.

I have a question for you, user; If you were the last living, sentient creature in the universe, how would you greet the final day of the universe? Would you exit gracefully, or in carnage? I don't mean the conventional carnage of today's age such as murder, suicide or war; I mean would you seek out the destruction of the universe, or let it go its own path? Would your choice matter? If you were the last living sentient aspect in the universe, it would wholly be your choice, it would be your word against your reason.
So what would the last being be to do? Go out with a bang, or with a whimper?

I slow down and take very focused breaths in and out and remind myself that falling into anxiety and depression won't help anyone, least of all myself. And if it benefits me to think positive thoughts, to believe in something, then it's worth it for the relief.

Attached: 12783461823467.jpg (750x937, 97K)

Also not samefagging, I'm asking you, user, who is lurking/reading this thread

What do I do...

I take my MEDS
=Meditation Exercise Diet Sunlight

I walk a lot, regularly it gets the lymphatic system going (it purify the blood)
I read a lot... I was into stoicism.
I put myself in positive frequencies.

I take notes, very important. I make lists of things I want to do.

French, germans and british are the best philosophers, and with the best always come the worst

I don't know anymore

French and British philosophers are only great when they are providing commentary on German philosophy.

Lot's of meat, raw dairy(cheese specifically) and fruits in season. I don't eat any seeds/greens/nuts as they are toxic for the human body. Look up Weston A. Price or read his book Nutrition and Physical Degeneration.

Forgot to mention I used to eat a standard modern diet. Lots of carbs(which are poisinous), sugar, seeds, nuts etc.

Meditation, prayer, chanting, yoga.Avoiding inflammatory foods. Don't eat grains or seeds, and if you must for some reason, soak them at least one night -- ideally two or more, in water at room temperature. I use lemon juice or bicarbonate of soda.

Stoicism is one-world faggotry though. I don't think I've ever met a Stoic I haven't wanted to stab in the face for being retarded. How do you deal with that?

Gym and reading

take your fricking MEDS everyday I said

Meditation Exercises Diet Sunlight

Attached: catta2.jpg (250x231, 16K)

What kind of retarded ? I don't know any real stoic to be honest

Every single one I have encountered has been a neoliberal, one-world, anti-racist, LGBTQIAPPPPACDCBBQ, open-borders, armchair psychologists; materialists and atheists despite this going against Stoicism. Insufferable Gen-Xers and Millennials who found Buddhism "too superstitious". I don't use Facebook, but if you look on there, I bet it's exactly the same.

fpbp

> What do you guys do to keep your mental health in balance?
Nothing, that's a made up word. When you're sick, there are germs in your body and a physical response in the form of antibodies. There is no mental health equivalent. It's a made up term from (((psychologists))).

> Do you sometimes deal with anxiety or depression?
Of course I get anxious. Sometimes I get sad. Never are they problematic or too much to deal with.

> How do you feel about psychology or meditation?
It's made up nonsense.

This doesn't feel like stoicism to me, as lefties are emotional and full of "ressentiment", so this is the opposite of stoicism

Leftists destroy everything, like they did Christianity (not a surprise), Paganism, and so on, though. However, because it's "I'm a citizen of the world", it draws all these types. If Stoicism was strongly nationalistic, it'd probably attract the opposite.

I go fishing a lot.

Dig a ditch. Have a hard days work. Problem solved. Easy.

It's not surprizing, even if cosmopolitism back then didn't hold the same meaning, consequences, etc. If Marcus Aurelius was alive, of course he would be categorized far far right

shitposting will cure all that ails you fren

Attached: 1564202846034.jpg (638x676, 74K)

I do agree. I'd like to see more nationalism within Stoicism to get rid of this neoliberal retardation, but I think that because of the direct translation of "citizen of the world", Stoicism is going to be fucked for a while.

Attached: Capture+_2019-06-17-19-53-08.png (1430x1466, 2.06M)