CHRISTIANS: Isn't representing God forbidden?

"Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness [of any thing] that [is] in heaven above, or that [is] in the earth beneath, or that [is] in the water under the earth: 5 Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God [am] a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth [generation] of them that hate me; 6 And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments."
—Exodus 20:4-6 (KJV)

This is one of the Ten Commandments. I'm still confused about whether representing God or any holy figure or... anything, is forbidden or not?

Attached: moise-brisant-les-tables-de-la-loi.jpg (320x398, 56K)

no that's only sandniggers

I can draw god as much as I want

just dont have idols
like dont worship an object and give it power
a picture of christ is not holy

Check the catalog before you make a thread, we already have a thread with this exact topic

Basically, yes. That's why the golden calf was destroyed and all the apostates killed, because they used a representation to worship.

Yes, lets keep arguing about what some jew wrote thousands of years ago. Very productive.

That's what I tend to think indeed, but the first sentence is clearly separated from the second:
"Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness [of any thing] that [is] in heaven above, or that [is] in the earth beneath, or that [is] in the water under the earth."
THEN
"Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them...."

ooops yes I didn't see it. Thx

>old testament
>Christians

Pick one you kike retard

>forbidden or not?
Not..
Just don’t worship any of those representations as God. That would be idolatry

Attached: D7795322-8033-4CDA-AC1D-6CBFDC2D4AC8.jpg (735x1200, 167K)

just dot worship pictures/statues of God, Jesus, the angels or saints and youre good

But you know, sometimes we see Jesus being depicted as a blond hair blue eyes guy and that makes me mad because through the representation of God, the man represents what he WANTS to see in God and not what God actually was; this simple fact makes me think that it's very bad to represent God or any holy figure

>KJV
>literally a modded version of the Bible that has almost nothing to do with the real Bible
opinion discarded

this is bait

>for I the LORD thy God [am] a jealous God
Why would he be jealous of Himself?

It's only idolatry. Do not worship a cross. Do not worship a PICTURE of God. Do not worship the Bible itself. While these things may represent his Holyness, note they have no power of themselves and using them as vessels of worship or prayer is sinful.

tl;dr
Don't worship objects. Don't get the warm and fuzzies because you see a cross.

islamists: isn't jihad something that the americans and soviets invented for their african campaign during the cold war era?

Creating representations is alright but like it plainly days, don't worship them. I'm not sure what kind of retard actually worships a statue or an image but don't do that

Fpbp
Fuck off with your Taqiyya threads, OP. We know you come to this site to fap to traps and lolis

Attached: 250193_526805420669185_1089469650_n.jpg (576x480, 55K)

Jealousy is protectiveness of something important to you. Envy is resentment at the well being of others. Very different concepts, but people often forget that these days.

Its poetic.

Not a Christian but here's my 2 cents:

This is why catholicism is right in the end. Blind-reading of bible would lead you to such conclusion, as it would make you think that Satan is THE evil, while in reality Satan is one of many evils(most biblical demons are Mesopotamian deities, and so is Jahve).

In the middle east, before the bronze age collapse, the idol was seen as de facto place where given deity lived, I have to note that Exodus probably happens before 1177 BC or whatever. This passage speaks exactly about it. But of course you wouldn't know it if you didn't have the knowledge that goes beyond just sola scriptura, knowledge that's both historical and kind of knowledge of an idea. If I'd just tell you "idolatry" and poorly described it while then saying it's wrong and you shouldn't do it, you would indeed think that any representation of God(or even saints) is heretical, but if you'd get into the history of the idea, into the treaties and codexes that explain what does idolatry actually mean you will understand that there's a difference between representation and idol. That's why every man has a bible and decides in what he believes in is ultimately retarded idea.