Nowadays, why do we actually need private cars in big cities to get around?

I'm not talking about people who really need them like food suppliers, firefighters, doctors and the like. I'm talking about ordinary people who use the car only for driving to: work, offices, shops. Shouldn't such people have somehow limited access to private cars in big cities, for example:

-on certain days only drivers whose cars have even or odd registration number can enter the city

-city authorities provide free public transport which does not require buying tickets by people using it

-Supporting the development of alternatives to private cars such as taxis and Ubers

There would probably be other ideas to reduce road traffic in places where it can be replaced by public transport, but for the time being I have no other ideas.

What do you think about it, do you agree with it, if not then try to argue why you think it is necessary for each person to have their own private means of transport, even if it leads to traffic jams?

Attached: 1564949410635.jpg (800x549, 87K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xvILtfW0e0Y
theguardian.com/australia-news/2015/may/28/australia-dumbest-nation-tyler-brule-nanny-state
ablis.business.gov.au/service/wa/light-vehicle-modification-approval/17535>No
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hate_speech_laws_in_Australia
abc.net.au/news/2011-09-28/bolt-found-guilty-of-breaching-discrimination-act/3025918
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_gun_laws#Australia
paintballaustralia.com.au/shooters_licence.htm
ballisticfirearms.com.au/QPS/Crossbow Legislation.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legal_issues_in_airsoft#Australia
ozlasers.com/australian-laser-laws
productsafety.gov.au/bans/yo-yo-water-balls
productsafety.gov.au/bans/novelty-cigarette-lighters
productsafety.gov.au/bans/smokeless-tobacco-products
productsafety.gov.au/bans/toys-containing-beads
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bicycle_helmets_in_Australia
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cigarette_packets_in_Australia
theguardian.com/australia-news/2016/may/03/smokers-to-pay-more-than-45-for-a-packet-of-cigarettes-from-2020
news.com.au/finance/money/why-do-we-pay-so-much-for-alcohol/news-story/1647c23acc476553ade5d77774b8fa7d
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_films_banned_in_Australia
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_banned_video_games_in_Australia
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

take the subway in New York City, you will understand immediately

I never have been in USA.

Damb user why hasnt Cali thought of that.

That is obvious.

I buy large amounts of food at once, transporting 50kg of flour and rice without a car is unfeasible.

Its simple: people do not want to be forced into confined areas with niggers, drug addicts and other assorted human trash for any length of time. They also want complete freedom of movement on their own time, not the bus companies

I don't know if it's the same thing over there. But here I'd rather take the subway in big cities, simply because driving in them is fucking hell.

/thread

Why buy so much at once? After all, there will be a problem with the delivery of such quantities of products: by bus, tram or train. Unless you mean using Uber or BlaBlacar.

I forgot to say that there are more private alternative to your own car like : Uber or BlaBlaCar.

>Garbage everywhere
>syringes hiding in the garbage
>some homeless nigger that stinks like shit and piss eyeballing you
>strange puddle in a corner you don't want to identify and a faint aroma of piss
>obnoxious loud niggers and the occasional mentally ill talking to themselves
I saw all of this while taking the NY subway a grand total of three times.

When you smell what the niggers left behind on the bus every morning on your way to work and back, you'll understand why people want cars.

Niggers are why we can't have nice things.

Cant you use taxi ,Uber or BlaBlaCar instead ?

communism will win

>cheap
>reliable
pick one and only one

>Why buy so much at once?
Why not? It's convenient. I just go down to my basement and have every non perishable food I need.

>uber
That actually increases load on the streets. Imagine you want to drive from A to B, and then back. With your own car, it's parked somewhere, so you drive to B, park it there, then drive back and park it at A. It's only on the road while driving from A to B or back.
With uber, someone has to drive from point C to A to pick you up, then drive you to B, same thing back.

Try driving there. It makes even that ghastly tube system seem tolerable.

>need
There's that word again. You can fuck right off. I'll not subject myself to being crammed in like that with undesirables.

I'll travel on my terms, on my schedule, with my climate, comfort, and audio preferences met, and I'll provide value to society that allows me to pay for this luxury.

Faggot.

You know how much money we make selling cars?

Attached: IMG_2329.jpg (1024x765, 105K)

Weve reached the point where kids born now have a very real chance of never needing to drive a car in their life, if progress continues at the speeds its been on, so another 15 years or so

FPBP

Shut the fuck up asshole.

>-city authorities provide free public transport which does not require buying tickets by people using it

No. Just no. Maybe it work in ethno superstate poland but here its pure hell. Public transport is full with nigger rapefugees and all kinds of subhuman trash. You need a decontamination station after a bus ride or your family dies of ebola-aids.

>as taxis and Ubers

givin shitskins even more money sure

fuck off, I do what I want

You can see tram systems in old 1900s footage of lots of places.
youtube.com/watch?v=xvILtfW0e0Y
Everything old is new again?

Jusr buy new Subways, is NewYork so poor?

Attached: 843574214-in-neuen-zuegen-muenchner-u-bahn-gibt-es-bereits-bildschirme-bald-sollen-auch-alle-ansagen (700x394, 39K)

>we make selling cars

But I dont know any car brand from Israel which is producing passenger cars.

do you know what niggers, spics, muzzies, and junkies are? what they smell like?

>and I'll provide value to israel
FTFY

>American flag

I'm not sure wether or not your concern is legit or just shilling.
Basically, you're forgetting or flat out dismissing the following
>Blue collar workers that carry their own tools (ladders, heavy equipent like drillers, etc)
>White collar workers that carry their own tools (files, laptops, samples of all sorts, etc)
>Both of the forementioned have to move across the city to visit clients or construction sites
>People that work in industrial areas but live within the city (most of the companies placed there tend to demand personal transportation)
>People with certain disabilities, kids, relatives of old age, etc
Not to mention that the public transportation in most countries is humilliating, degrading and undersirable. Maybe in a utopia I'd give you that there could exist a good public transportation that's not filled with lowlifes and is actually efficient and cars could be rented for vacation or visit purposes. But as long as such utopia is not here any person advocating for removing the freedom a car gives is a maniac, a socio path and an enemy of the people.

Attached: tenor[1].gif (290x196, 397K)

I see seating for like 30 people on there, and standing room for little more. That is some of the worst design I have ever seen. Please dont show public transit from nations where people dont actually leave their house.

Because the bus has niggers on it.

you're obviously a cityfag who never leaves it. Public transport is great if it is atually well kept and well funded as well as having vast number of connections.
As for cars they're ultimate travel freedom where you don't rely on anybody but yourself when, where and how you are going to get somewhere. Jams in city will and always will be a problem, it should however be not solved with cuck ideas like banning shit. Especially that many city dwellers actually have cars and have to use them OR want to use them out of comfort and freedom even if it has some downsides.
>on certain days certain registration
are you fucking insane? people have jobs and shit to do randomly, you can't just say NU UH
>free transport
you don't know how much big communication system maintenance costs do you?
>supporting taxi and ubers
yes goy use either public transport or super expensive transport. If you force people to use only one or two things and no competition for them you basically ask to be financially raped.
God damn you are fucking dense

I will ride a dual sport motorcycle and carry a pistol. Try to stop me.

Wasted fucking digits

>Being on a bus full of niggers and spics
No thanks

Less cars = higher score on truck attacks.

100% this

>-on certain days only drivers whose cars have even or odd registration number can enter the city

>literally a Chinese policy that people get around by buying 2 cars

Did you guys not learn your lesson under communism?!?!

I do pic related to piss people off. Diesel is cheap and we have an unlimited supply of oil now. Fuck your goy transit. I like my freedom. If I decide in the last 3 yards of an intersection that I want to do a U-turn to get some burgers or chips then I can do it when I want where I want.

Attached: CoalRollin.jpg (640x400, 81K)

Nyc born and raised. I refuse to step foot on the subway. I have a car, a moped, a bmx. I’ll use any of those, walk, or take an Uber. I’m not catching aids from the subway

Fucking gross. Not breathing in all that shared airspace with normies... Or WORSE

Now show a picture of the same train during rush hour.

>you're obviously a cityfag
No one is talking about implementing this shit to farms, dude.

>Niggers get more benefits because you're anti-social

Because you dont want to be dependent on public transport to go where you want.Its pretty simple if you try using your head.

I hate people like in pic related. Really hate them really badly. Can't explain it. It's definitely a boomer thing.

>-on certain days only drivers whose cars have even or odd registration number can enter the city
congrats you are now Mexico city

>>-on certain days only drivers whose cars have even or odd registration number can enter the city
London too

Mass transport society only works in a society of more likeminded and homogenous people - like Japan.

>American pickup
I hope you are not driving in such huge and non-agile car in any big city instead of using in rural where it should only be used.

Bangkok is pretty good provided you use its elevated rail. But I think it's mainly because the traffic there is extremely shitty.

Abolish private property

Of course city shit won't be implemented in farms cause farms don't have fucking public transport network you retard. It's just very common for Warsawfags to see things only from their perspective and it shows. Not to mention that doing this in citis actually will impact smaller towns and farms since many people live there and drive to their jobs into the city.

>Everyone in your picture is white
That's the difference

Also why taxis or Ubers? They still take up a spot on the road like your personal car.

>necessary
There's that word again.

Back to your povertybike and I liek trains containment board.

I commute 40 minutes to my job and 40 minutes back in bumper to bumper traffic. I make enough money to cover my transit expenses and then some for my car mods.

Sometimes, when I'm parked at a traffic signal, I'll rev just to spray the s0iboys in Priuses behind me with carbon.

>congrats you are now Mexico city

What do you mean by it ?

Attached: shocked emma stone.gif (500x248, 1.57M)

Try driving a car in NYC faggot.

>germany
>Live in a big city
>rarely use car
I explain you the main reasons people use cars although they dont need to
>convenience
You cant miss a bus or train, dont need to worry on about when you leave or have to catch the last train/bus
Also no need to worry about transferring to another bus or train, or worse to miss your train/bus because your first one runs late
This is very anoying
>lazyness
Most people use the car because they are lazy, they dont want to walk, stand or ride a bike.
80% of the reasons is this
>trains/bus to full
Its very annoying when the transportation is overfull and you have to be there in very bad air
>niggers, immigrants and peope that stink
You always fear that they are there.
They are loud, agressive and obnoxious. Most of the time they hear loud music and dont shut up.
My cousin offers to drive his wife to work because he does not want that anything could happen to his wife. He is a social worker and knows what is happening in the town and transport.
>longer travel time
Going by train/bus takes in average 20-30min longer if its not short (5km)distance
>unpredictable weather
Riding bike is my favorite transportation, but weather is unpredictable and riding back home from work in the rain is not fun. Taking the bus is also no option since they are full on rainy days.
So people only ride when they are sure it is not going to rain that day.
I for myself ride in rain unless you get heavy winds.
>transportation of luggage or additional people, like kids
Many people take their kids to school, because they fear for them

Then you account for the commuters. How hard is that to work out? It's the same anywhere. You set up ingress points, where people in small towns can park and catch mass transit in. Saves on congesting the centre.

>being wasteful and myopic
(((They))) sure trained you well, piggie.

Definitely not, KYS!

My mom and sister took my niece to nyc recently for a ballet thing, and she thought it would be fun to ride the subway (fucking movies). Apparently it was so rough that my bro in law crawled her ass and made her cry after she told him about the harassment and filth they saw. He even snapped at my mom for knowing better. It was funny. I didn’t blame him one bit. Muslims have the right idea about women being too stupid to go out on their own. She just insured that he will just take the time off work the next time my niece has an event like that. She could’ve gotten molested or assaulted because of my dipshit, la-di-da sister.

Public transit = public toilets

Not a joke

Attached: FB_IMG_1562051730485.jpg (529x616, 44K)

>She could’ve gotten molested or assaulted
That's the risk of travelling to a third world nation.

Fuck you Chang:

theguardian.com/australia-news/2015/may/28/australia-dumbest-nation-tyler-brule-nanny-state
>need a license to mod your car
ablis.business.gov.au/service/wa/light-vehicle-modification-approval/17535>No right to free speech & hate speech laws
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hate_speech_laws_in_Australia
abc.net.au/news/2011-09-28/bolt-found-guilty-of-breaching-discrimination-act/3025918
>laser jammers and detectors banned
>draconian gun laws
>Need a license for fucking air rifles
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_gun_laws#Australia
>Need a license for paintball guns
paintballaustralia.com.au/shooters_licence.htm
>Need a license for crossbows
ballisticfirearms.com.au/QPS/Crossbow Legislation.html
>Airsoft is banned
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legal_issues_in_airsoft#Australia
>LASER pointers over 1mw are banned
ozlasers.com/australian-laser-laws
>Fucking YO YO WATERBALLS are banned
productsafety.gov.au/bans/yo-yo-water-balls
>Novelty toy lighters are banned
productsafety.gov.au/bans/novelty-cigarette-lighters
>Smokeless tobacco is banned
productsafety.gov.au/bans/smokeless-tobacco-products
>Toys containing beads are banned
productsafety.gov.au/bans/toys-containing-beads
>Need a helmet to ride a fucking bicycle
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bicycle_helmets_in_Australia
>Plain packaging on cigarettes
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cigarette_packets_in_Australia
>Absurdly high taxation on alcohol and cigarettes
theguardian.com/australia-news/2016/may/03/smokers-to-pay-more-than-45-for-a-packet-of-cigarettes-from-2020
news.com.au/finance/money/why-do-we-pay-so-much-for-alcohol/news-story/1647c23acc476553ade5d77774b8fa7d
>Many violent games and movies banned or censored
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_films_banned_in_Australia
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_banned_video_games_in_Australia

I agree with you. I live in a big city and only use my car if I have to drive really far away.

if one could reasonable expect basic levels of hygiene to be met by the average citizen, then yes, public transport would be superior. but unfortunately, most humans are decrepit malcontents.

Id rather sit in my car for an additional hour than sit on a piss soaked subway full of panhandlers and degenerates any day of the week.

Because government cannot manage a transportation network in a timely, clean, safe, and effective manner. The inconvenience makes it a method of last resort for when parking is unaffordable,

Yes, I was in that thread too, where dipshit jews tried to pretend those things were bad. I guess (((you're))) one of them.

private cars keep you safe from niggers

>implying I'll ever ride on public transportation when niggers and spics have overrun my country.
I loved the German train system when I was stationed there. Worked beautifully.
But I never once felt like I had to watch my belongings or be on edge.
Sure, Turks were all over their cities, but the public transportation system was almost entirely white ten years ago.
Now, try riding the subway in Chicago, DC or New York. Totally different situation.
I'll drive, thank you very much.

because we aren't all going to the same place at the same time.

Why would we need more space if a train arrives every 5 minutes?
Using the car inner city is hell around here, it's quite common to use the subway even for rich people.

Attached: 467532366-u6-muenchen-u-bahn-X1DHAJcMSBI.jpg (700x394, 49K)

>you need permission to do everything from having fun to modifying your own property

I pity you bugmen.

poor people take public transportation. Buy a car like a normal citizen

Attached: tumblr_nprsr6KomU1r1wkp2o1_400.jpg (400x332, 32K)

why the fuck are you explaining yourself to some polack? grow some balls you diesel faggot

i see enough niggers in my daily life, i shouldn't have to deal with them for an extra two hours a day just to make mr shekelhomo feel better about polluting the entire world with his industry

The reason people use cars instead of public transport is simply put; power.
>you have ability to drive to a remote forest on the other side of the continent if you only desire it
>you signal wealth to potential mates
>unless you are commuting directly in or from the very urban city centre, your commute will take Godly amounts of time
I hate public transport. It's a feeling of powerlessness when you have the schedule your time on buses. If something sudden comes up, you will miss the bus and then the bus will leave without you.

Buses are not practical for most people.

Only a moron would willingly shove themselves into a mass of sweaty fucks if there is an alternative

Except not. And the latter means impacting the roadworthiness you dipshit. Not just changing the headlights.
Got any more ways to prove yourself an illiterate retard?

That alternative would be an increased mass transit schedule.

To get away from niggers

you speak as though roads aren't supposed to have traffic, user.

roads are built to have traffic, user. that's why they're there. to have traffic.

public transport is shit
but the alternative owning a vehicle is just as bad
>10k-30k for new car
>insurance
>fuel
>maintenance
>need a storage place if you don't have a garage
nowdays car companies want you to lease a car instead of actually purchasing it so they can keep charging you

Ill let legislation to outlaw cars in larger cities pass if we completely remove gibs and foreign support and reallocate the money to public transport, but that wont happen so you can fuck right off kike

Attached: 1506461286938.jpg (400x462, 26K)

Buses can only go one place at a time. Many cars can go many places at a time. When I go to work, I want to go to my office, not to a transfer station, then wait at a corner for 10 minutes for the second leg.
It used to take me 45 minutes to mass transit into work. The first 15 minutes of that trip was just getting to the bus stop. So fuck that shit.

I dont wanna travel with sub-humans

I made a graphical representation what a typical worker would have to endure if they used public transportation.
>wake up 45 minutes earlier to schedule your morning by the bus timetables
>then you walk to the bus station
>sit in bus and wait as it serpentines eventually to the bus station
>wait for 20 minutes for the next bus
>sit in bus and wait as it serpentines eventually 1 kilometer away from your work
>walk the rest of the 1 kilometer
>repeat the same when you leave work

Attached: buses.jpg (712x600, 73K)

As opposed to an hour drive, where you then have to pay for parking.

the answer is no, you stupid commie fuck

Stupid Polak.
1. In culturally enriched cities, white persons avoid public transportation because of crime and harassment.
2. There is something called door to door time. You usually will have to change bus/tram/subway line several times to get to work. Imagine speding 3 hours a day waiting and riding uncomfortable seats with total strangers and homeless people. I'll rather drive for 30 minutes tour Retour listening to my favorite podcast

>Nowadays, why do we actually need private cars in big cities to get around?
I sort of agree with the spirit, but I feel that modern "leftist" culture has subverted the premise before the discussions even began. I think the real question should be
>Nowadays, why do we actually need cities at all?
Of course any industry involving actual physical goods is going to want to optimize its location based on whatever constraints it needs to operate under, but for the large amount of work that is now entirely digitized, what purpose, other than "traditional" means of social control, does having huge masses of people physically localized serve? Is there some fundemental reason why office-tier jobs couldn't be handled entirely online, with workers working from home or in smaller localized hubs, kind of like how shopping is increasingly becoming?

I get the impression that the modern "left's" dependence on the social environment created by big cities prevents them from publically considering and presenting an honest stance on this, hence I tend to see the focus on "cars" and such as a kind of deflection, shifting the focus onto things that are more politically correct (pollution, muh symbol of masculinity, etc) to criticize, and as a result, the entire debate has been derailed before it even began.

Because we are not clones, have jobs, and work in different places. We do different things at different times. Placing Mass Transit would bankrupt California. The gas tax loss alone gees

that's not a graph you retard finlamnd

FUck public transpiration, fuck collectivists.

IN big cities? Not really.
But because of the massive kikeing of our economy, the average person working in a big city can't afford to live in that city. They live 20+ miles away and in areas where busses don't go.

No niggers or brown people of any type.
I guess if you wanted to get people to use mass transit, you could start by making whites only buses and train cars.

>The gas tax loss
I've heard retards actually say that. Like failing industries should be propped up for no valid reason.

If more people used it, then the ratio would shift.

>There would probably be other ideas to reduce road traffic

Road traffic is barely the problem, user.

Shitty drivers who cause the 100 or so collisions that happen each day are the main reason there is traffic jams. The driver education program needs an overhaul. Way too easy for incompetent people to get a license to drive.

Next problem is delivery trucks. Toll highways should be made cheaper for trucks. Get trucks off the public highways. Also, only let these guys make deliveries over night.

Last problem is kids being driven to and from school during rush hour. Volume related delays do not exist on weekdays when there is no school. Little shits should be on a school bus or walking to school.