Is the planet heating up or cooling down?

I hear the global warming narrative and I hear the little ice age sun spots narrative. Which one is correct?

Attached: cl_20070716_arcticocean_sun_008-1024x576.jpg (1024x576, 39K)

Other urls found in this thread:

nasa.gov/feature/goddard/nasa-study-mass-gains-of-antarctic-ice-sheet-greater-than-losses/
pubs.giss.nasa.gov/docs/1999/1999_Hansen_ha03200f.pdf
nationalgeographic.com/environment/global-warming/sea-level-rise/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sea_level_rise
youtube.com/watch?v=XOkfOLbSE6o
skepticalscience.com/broken-hockey-stick.htm
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Temperature_record_of_the_past_1000_years
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

PLEASE JUST FUND OUR NEW GREEN BIG INDUSTRIES GOY
C'MON!

could you just answer the question? Or are both tehories incorrect and nothing is happening?

Go watch Smartest Guys in the Room. It's a derivatives scam, just like your bank.

The planet is changing and so we must change with it. Human civilization has had to do this before. What you thought all those ancient cities were ruins now just for funsies?

It depends on when you set the start date. If you set it at 1980, the planet has warmed 0.8c. If you set the start date at 1938, the planet has cooled 0.5c

Climate on the earth is cyclical and our understanding of our own stellar environment is incredibly myopic. My belief is growing seasons are trending towards shorter and wetter-- centuries old agriculture belts are drying out while ancient agriculture belts are becoming wet again-- hence the heavy EU interest in northern africa.

Both.

Attached: magnetic-flelds-during-reversal.gif (754x412, 202K)

The "solution" for global warming is a bigger threat than global warming, even if it was 100% worst-case-scenario-global-warming.

Naw. It is good people are studying it, and we have a much better handle on it what is happening because of those studies. To be fair to NASA they probably couldn't have gotten the funds to put up satellites capable of doing science in this realm if not for global warming hysteria.

A GLOBAL WARMING JUST FLEW OVER MY HOUSE !

>NASA
They're not studying it though, they're just selling sensationalism because their livelihoods are dependent upon the story. 1,001 Nights for the modern world.

The science was settled decades ago. It's a racket.

Global warming was popularized in 1990's because of peoples feelings about the world at the time (See book "Bowling Alone") and the world that ubiquitous automobiles had created. We could live in an elevator civilization, and instead we live in a automobile civilization.

No doubt! It is still better to know about the world than not. Like everything else it grew corrupt with time.

nasa.gov/feature/goddard/nasa-study-mass-gains-of-antarctic-ice-sheet-greater-than-losses/
Who knows.

It’s climate changing. Don’t worry about the details

In spite of all the hysterics a few weeks ago, the same is true for Greenland.

Lol sauce

Never understood this sentiment, as opposed to being a supporter of (((big oil)))?

Big energy is behind the green push as well. It's called arbitrage you rich cock sucking brainlet.

We are headed towards another ice age.
It's due.

It's cooling a bit due to grand solar minimum, but the more serious problem is the jet stream changing patterns in response to the suns changed output levels.

Exactly nerd, you can use whatever helps your subjective world view

If getting sand in your pussy over your big oil boogeyman is what helps you be less of a rancid bitch then go right ahead. It's just more evidence that women should not be allowed into leadership or decision-making roles because they're universally retarded.

Both are correct. We're entering a gleissberg cycle, which means the sun is going to be moving closer to our aphelion during summer and farther away from or perihelion during winter, this will continue for the next 600 years. It will increase terrestrial temps in the entire solar system, not just earth. It's already happening. We are also entering a grand solar minimum, that's a fact, NASA just admitted the current cycle (25) will be the weakest in 200 years, putting us on track to match the Dalton minimum in the late 1700s to early 1800s. Cosmic rays are entering their modern maximum, which directly fuels volcanism, cloud cover, precipitation, and seismic activity among many other things like instigating the magnetic reversal we're also undergoing. Mini ice age will be brief but welcomed during the increasing UV, that's why people are tanning faster. The jet streams are out of whack, bringing cold dry air from the north and then warm humid air from the south on a conveyor belt unlike we've seen in recent times. It's going to be fun going forward. Mayotte the 5,000 year old dormant volcano became active as of last year, producing the largest underwater eruption we've ever recorded in modern times. It's only just beginning.

Attached: 1537340514725.jpg (894x606, 88K)

Both are correct, also humans are making the temperatures change faster and humans are also responsible for the icebergs melting or growing and we are also responsible that the sun will explode, just pay for licenses and make donations to stop all of these things, we need money to stop it

Attached: 1562601131506m.jpg (802x1024, 106K)

You quite literally made that exact sentiment with the first post, based schizo poster

>could you just answer the question?
Welcome to Jow Forums newfag.

It's all a scam. If a politician says it, it's a sales pitch and if it's on TV, it's just a show.
Beside that, your question is a fucking straw-man assembled by no true Scotsman. You only allow two possible answers, neither of which are correct.

I have done extensive research on the subject over the last 35 years. My conclusion is that it the planet is not only heating up rapidly but also cooling down rapidly. I have found that on average (depending on where you are in the world might change dates) around March...the planet starts heating up to really high temperatures and peaks around July-August and then rapidly cools down around Oct-Nov. This knowledge has been hidden from us by the elites. The ancients used to call them SEASONS. And there were 4 every year. Strange...I know.

Right. Because if your panty-twist is hating ebil corporations then you wouldn't fall for a bunch of climate bullshit. You'd actually know what you're talking about and eschew all the utter garbage.

Many people = hotter climate.
Less people = colder climate.

The earth is cooling down, grand solar minimum is near hence why the kike media refers to “global warming” as “climate change” now prepping for the narrative switcheroo

Attached: 52D9403A-7457-4D52-ACE5-2A3F9EAF8F59.jpg (821x926, 73K)

It's warming. There isn't even dispute about this anymore, it's impossible to ignore. What people argue about now is if it is caused by humans or not (it is)
> If you set the start date at 1938, the planet has cooled 0.5c
Literally wrong

>My conclusion is that it the planet is not only heating up rapidly but also cooling down rapidly

Attached: 1507183156713.png (645x729, 59K)

>I have done extensive research on the subject over the last 35 years. My conclusion is that it the planet is not only heating up rapidly but also cooling down rapidly. I have found that on average (depending on where you are in the world might change dates) around March...the planet starts heating up to really high temperatures and peaks around July-August and then rapidly cools down around Oct-Nov. This knowledge has been hidden from us by the elites. The ancients used to call them SEASONS. And there were 4 every year. Strange...I know.

We will need an infograpic for this.

No you don't, fuck off with your infographics, that is how retarded shit spreads on this board.

what does that mean for a guy in Norway? What does that mean for a guy in Senegal?
What does it mean for Australia? etc.

Oh you must not have gotten the message. The US turned into "the dust bowl" because of how hot and dry it was during the 20's and 30's... I guess you didn't notice because you were busy begging for our help at the time.

>The US turned into "the dust bowl" because of how hot and dry it was during the 20's and 30's.
> If you set the start date at 1938, the planet has cooled 0.5c
The US is not the planet retard

The planet is doing its thing. Mind your own business and take care of your own, shitty health.

It does both on a daily basis.

The US is the standard when it comes to the global climate assessment because we were the only ones that kept usable temperature records.

Nope. And show me your data for either the world or the US cooling, because it's either wrong or you have misread it.

One has objective temperature records backing it
One doesn't

Uh huh, because that’s what you’re doing, right

It's heating up.

Attached: hottestyears.jpg (1920x1080, 487K)

I'm in favor of busting up Standard Oil, unlike you.

by the way, add 2018 and 2019 to your chart and they will be at the top too

Here is Hansens own report before he scrubbed the 1930's data in later years. pubs.giss.nasa.gov/docs/1999/1999_Hansen_ha03200f.pdf

But how else do we understand such complex concepts?

Why is it, that environmentalist claim that the earth is warming and that the end is near, when by planetary standards our emissions are minuscule?

How do they derive this godlike certainty they use to claim that climate change apparently is happening before our eyes, when in retrospect all other ecological/geological phenomena takes thousands/millions of years to manifest itself.

Why did western politicians institute hardline environmental laws, while allowing all the heavy industry to migrate to Asia, where there are no environmental laws? It just doesn't make any sense if it really is so precarious as they claim.

And how do they separate what is natural from what is unnatural effects?

I just don't buy it. But I do like green technology that is more energy efficient just because it symbolizes progress and technical know how.

>he U.S. temperature increased by about 0.8°C between the 1880s and the 1930s, but it then fell by about 0.7°C between 1930 and the 1970s and regained only about 0.3°C of this between the1970s and the 1990s. The year 1998 was the warmest year of recent decades in the United States,but in general, U.S. temperatures have not recovered even to the level that existed in the 1930s. This contrasts with global temperatures, which have climbed far above the levels of the first half of this century

and what is this supposed to prove? Just because it was unusually hot in the 30's in the US does not mean anything to global trends? and by the way, since then it has got hotter in the US also.

it means the movie 2012 and The Day After Tomorrow combined, but elongated

Both theories are correct and cancelling each other out?

its cooling up right after it heated down.

Attached: The-Arcturians-Activating-Your-Expanded-Perceptions.jpg (555x444, 140K)

interesting and i formative post sir

You asked for sauce, that is what it is supposed to prove.

But it doesn't prove the globe has not been warming, in fact it says the opposite

oui oui sacre bleu i grease up me bum hole just 4 u.

oui oui sacre bleu i grease up me bum hole just 4 u.

No, it depends on what year you start looking at data. If you start at 1979, the world has warmed some. If you start after the 1930's when the earth was much warmer than it is now, it looks like the world is cooling. Either way, it doesn't constitute science.

We had a thread on here the other day and it was hilarious to see how everyone had a different answer. I was told that the ocean was going to rise and swallow everything up, several other people were told that it was going to recede and make deserts of everything. As far as I can tell (by scientifically looking out my window) the ocean level is the same as it was when I was a kid 30 years ago.

Attached: climate change 1989.jpg (644x1024, 108K)

>As far as I can tell (by scientifically looking out my window) the ocean level is the same as it was when I was a kid 30 years ago.
It's not

>Average sea levels have swelled over 8 inches (about 23 cm) since 1880, with about three of those inches gained in the last 25 years.

nationalgeographic.com/environment/global-warming/sea-level-rise/

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sea_level_rise

Attached: NASA-Satellite-sea-level-rise-observations-1993-Nov-2018.jpg (863x533, 118K)

It still depends on what year you start, and most of Hansen data in that report is speculative, because the only country that kept useful data before 1972 is the US. Literally every other country in world kept shit tier temperature data. The one good set shows cooling since 1938. Hansen Proves that conclusively.

the plants will kill us off before we kill them off. plants are here longer than us. some germ will wipe us out. but the plants will have made it happen

>3mm in 20 years
I stand corrected

Attached: 1564351703241.jpg (265x266, 15K)

The Earth repeatedly heats up right before an ice age. It has happened since before man ever walked the Earth
>t pic related. It’s not the global warming that will thin the herd, but famine associated with the following ice age.

Attached: 3CFAAE58-9F94-4ADB-A113-2B1C4F611F53.jpg (1040x728, 91K)

Even if you believe that you can, and people do, measure indirectly also. You can measure the ocean and land temperatures using satellites, you can use indirect data for glaciers, trees, etc.. Everything points to the same thing, the globe has been warming, and it's getting faster.

>>t pic related. It’s not the global warming that will thin the herd, but famine associated with the following ice age.
No its not, you only posted greenland icecore data - that is not global idiot.

Imagine claiming sea level rise when the tectonic plates are literally moving 100000x faster than the data in that chart.

We are still coming out of an ice age so it is heating, eventually it will cool and the midwest will be covered in glaciers.

3 inches in 25 years is more important than you think.

Explain why it has heated up and then gone to ice age repetitively for the last 420,000 years

Not if you fail to establish causality.

Yes, you can get approximate temperature +/- 5 degrees from indirect measurements, but you can not get precision measurements, which has always been the problem with that data. All about the margin of error...

I don't really care about what your wife said.

>420,000 years
Because the climate does change naturally, and over long, long periods. We are seeing a sharp rise since around the industrial revolution.

>. All about the margin of error..
And they are using financial forecasting algorithms which have never been any where near accurate.

Methane thread just got jannied.
Wasn't there a mass extinction caused in the past by a rapid release of methane that led to some poison coming out of the ocean and making the air toxic all over Earth?

we're at the peak of a 500 year cycle i the northern hemisphere, and also just coming off of the peak of a ~70 year cycle. It's changing, up and down, like it has for MILLENNIA.

>We are seeing a sharp rise since around the industrial revolution.
Based on what historical data?

We have seen a sharp changes in co2 levels. The data is inconclusive in every other realm.

Heatin' up!

Attached: Daring_Fire-Eater(90177).png (286x395, 179K)

And what caused the ones before humanity fucktard? That’s the point. You can’t prove it has anything to do with mankind because it happened before us without the industrial revolution

Attached: 192727w.jpg (1920x2268, 1.44M)

>Wasn't there a mass extinction caused in the past by a rapid release of methane that led to some poison coming out of the ocean and making the air toxic all over Earth?
Pretty much all rises in temperature in the earths history have caused mass extinctions and we are warming up faster than those.

youtube.com/watch?v=XOkfOLbSE6o
Nvm It's on VICE so it's probably just another fucking scam.

He is a easily fooled moron. He thinks the sharp changes in co2 levels since industrial revolution mean the weather has changed, even though there is no such evidence.

Any data you chose.

Attached: 2000_Year_Temperature_Comparison.png (1449x1088, 341K)

>Wasn't there a mass extinction caused in the past by a rapid release of methane
It was known as the Great Rise of the Bovine and the surviving homos decided it would be best to genocide them all but they were just too damn tasty. Hitler ran into the same problem with the Jews which is why he didn't kill 6 gorrillion but he ate about 280,000 of them.

It's heating up. Warmth is good for life in general. CO2 is great for plants.
>inb4 my global warming were all going to die.

But we haven't been recording CO2 but for a few decades.

>mean the weather has changed
The weather literally has changed. M8, it was 45 degrees in Germany and France this summer.

Thats a nice hockey stick graph you got there, you know all of those are dismissed in climate science right?

>planet gets cooler
>"muh global cooling"
>planet gets warmer
>"muh global warming"
>planet gets cooler again
>"muh climate change"

Attached: peak_art.png (562x620, 232K)

((reconstructed temperature)) based on what you idiot? What instruments were being used to record the temps during medieval times?

Then have your governments end their chemtrail programs, the way Trump ended our chemtrail program, weather is nice over here! Best summer since the chemtrails started back in 1990's!!!

>asking Jow Forums
>most replys are americans saying its all a scam
you might want to search for other sources than the people who voted in Trump while at the same time hating the Joos

No they aren't

skepticalscience.com/broken-hockey-stick.htm

I have already told you, you can also reconstruct based on proxy data (hint the graph says reconstructed temp, not recorded temp). It's from several sources, hence the different colours.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Temperature_record_of_the_past_1000_years