Why aren't millennials buying houses and having kids?

Why aren't millennials buying houses and having kids?

Attached: 287467163.png (2500x1310, 3.64M)

Nihilism

Attached: 65520086_678391689253813_3276148710622363648_o.jpg (1242x1046, 89K)

They're too busy shitposting over here

2 million for that piece of shit lmao

because they HAVE to live in a big city have HAVE to have lots a fun party time :)

Attached: fight for whats right.jpg (2560x1583, 1.95M)

Wow I thought NY was bad. Still that shack would probably be $400,000 over here.

I've already answered this, it's the avacado toast they can't stop eating it

That's why Cali sucks

That's a steal

Attached: CanadaHouse.png (850x441, 530K)

Yeah, totally just a California problem...

Attached: 2837467131.png (2490x1166, 3.01M)

Living near Zuckerberg - is it worth it?

Because for the average millenial there is no reason to start a mortgage when most are crippled with student debt, credit card debt (from Spring break), high healthcare and insurance, and a high cost of living in order to maintain their lifestyle of eating and going out.

Also, many young people don't want to be tied down to the suburbs, and buying a place in the middle of the city is next to impossible.

Bitch that's 90K in my district, How about you get the fuck out of california.

Ok.

Attached: 23812.png (2052x1654, 1.08M)

So... Murica is finished?

I have a 4 bedroom 2 bathroom for 270,000 ON Lake Michigan. You niggers just live in the wrong places.

take the rented flat pill.

Attached: construction site.png (581x905, 527K)

Yes, those retarded millennials just need to move to Gary, Indiana!

Even the suburbs are getting overprice; just not as bad as the cities.

boomers stole my future. I get blamed for everything by everyone and I only just turned 20. somehow it's all my fault. meanwhile I work a min wage job and go to college, barely able to afford my 500/mo rent, car and phone bills. this is hell

or just not a big crowded city. location and existing population drives up housing prices like nothing else. might cost an assload to live in the denver area and suburbs but wyoming is very affordable, excluding Jackson hole obv since its an actor town. again, location location location faggot

lol those homes are like 50k, wrong state

Yes! Yes! Yes! Those retarded millennials need to spend 15-20 hours a week DRIVING to work. Imagine being such a braindead, entitled generation!

buy my house bigot!

Attached: vancouver_house1.jpg (869x762, 211K)

Unironically because boomers fucked us over, and still do.

Vancouver/Toronto is even worse

and I have 0 college debt because I worked my ass off in school to get good grades. I did fucking EVERYTHING my boomer parents told me to do and what do I have to show for it? a job I can't afford to leave and a shitty apartment surrounded by Haitians and Guats. I have no gf. Can't even afford a dog. I live alone and I'm starting to lose all my friends because most of them either A) have everything paid for by their parents or B) in the same position as me and thus have no time to fool around. I'm busting my fucking ass man. At this rate I'll be dead by 40 just from stress alone.

>status: sold

Attached: boomer.png (680x585, 160K)

I think Austin (Texas) is going to be the "new Silicon Valley"( but not overhyped and overpriced).
Good choice for place to start a career

Yes! Many affordable homes in the southern part of Chicago. Great place to "put down roots."

Attached: 1563846400615.webm (758x720, 2.45M)

Attached: Fotor_156510440119070.jpg (719x1168, 162K)

I worked my ass off at a fast food restaurant and dropped out of college freshmen year. I ended up running the place for the last decade. College is a scam.

>Palo Alto, CA

Same house would be $50-75k in the heartland, try not living 5 minutes away from Google.

real-estate in Austin (in town) is creeping up to SoCal price levels slowly although it has probably peaked for now

some areas are up 40% in a handful of years

I've never seen this version with the Supra, only the Charger/Challenger. Thanks user, this one speaks to me more.

i'm about to have my first kid but buying a house isn't really a priority for me right now. i had the advantage of traveling a lot as a child and i think it gave me a solid foundation to build a functioning adulthood. so i would like for my kid to have that as an option. it would be more difficult to pull off if we settled down around here. our apartment is big enough and close to our jobs. we have known the other renters in the building for a long time. things could be worse.

Working on it, nihilism makes it hard to not spend money on dumb shit.

this
for 2.4 million you could buy my entire neighborhood

E 57 isn't even the nice part of town. It's pajeet. I know a friend who bought a 1bdrm condo downtown for a million

>Yes, those retarded millennials just need to move to Gary, Indiana!
What do you do for work? Are you really looking to own a home or just looking for other losers to give you a hug and cosign you still living with mommy and not doing anything to improve your lot in life?

Attached: proletariat 2.jpg (878x603, 84K)

I'm living at home with my parents to pay off my debts and save for a condo. I'd stay longer to save for a town home or single family home but it would take too long, and I'm already turning 30 soon.

I did manage to pay off my 70k student loans and 12k remaining car loans off entirely tho so I'm debt free

>Projecting this hard
YIKES

They don’t need millennial buyers. Ling Chang Xu will snatch it up at any price.

why a condo? have you ever spent time at one? horrible living arrangement. the worst of renting and homeowning combined

Yea I'm starting to realize college is just a means for the wealthy boomer elite to launder their kid's trust money. Nobody that isn't an affirmative action student ever gets hired at their bullshit job fairs. I guess I'll just work at movie theatres for the rest of my life since a college education means jack. I should've learned a trade. kms

Join the Army goy ;)

what the fuck are you on about fag. most of what you've posted is an example of what I've described. this has nothing to do with commuting. if everyone has a job in a city not everyone will be able to live in said city due to demand, even if housing prices aren't inflated, which no doubt they are, and a market correction is not far down the road at this point. there are still affordable places to live where one might find a job. like working some corporate job in a large city isn't soul crushing in itself whether it's expensive to maintain the lifestyle or not.

they are pushing van living

Here in the Netherlands your student loan dept becomes a gift upon graduation. Meaning you don't have to pay back shit.

Why isn't America like this?

is it whaling season yet?

So unemployed and unemployable? That's the reason you don't own a home.

Attached: tiresome.png (500x478, 114K)

i know it lacks prestige until you invest a lot of time into it but get into food service. fast food tier shit isn't worth your time but if you can get someone to take you on as a dishwasher or prep cook you can learn a lot very quickly. once you get good at it, it stops being a dead-end jobby job and you can find yourself in a career making really refined food at a nice place in no time

White supremacy ends with me!

Anything else you want to vent about, user?

corrupt professors

I don't know really makes me think

Attached: meme job2.png (532x715, 124K)

Dunno my experience in food service is half the business is filled with some of the most dishonest people outside of sales who can, and will destroy their own business to give family a kickback and hire illegally and pay minimum whenever possible.

Why aren't millennials buying groceries?

Attached: groceries.png (986x900, 658K)

Kek. This world.

That house is worth 10k USD tops.

Just tell us all what you do for work, where you live, and why you are looking at property prices in the absolute most expensive area in the country?

Attached: andy 2.jpg (200x253, 7K)

Attached: menlo park 1.png (1223x917, 1.3M)

They're pushing it on JewTube. How Israel managed to cuck the leader of the free world is beyond me...

Abrahamic religions do reign supreme after all I guess...

I just want a normal life FFS. Not to be single and play with my hobbies in hell for the rest of my life.

yeah you have to be discerning. but it's a universally appreciated skill, and even if half the business is fucked there will always be people out there who are really just trying to serve decent food and pay their bills

Attached: 1849012.png (2042x1300, 2.8M)

thanks for the advice. I actually used to wash dishes for a high end catering company that paid pretty well. and of course I got the job through nepotism (ex gf's uncle was one of the chefs). sucks that my parents forced me to leave it so I could go to college. boomers need to die.

Not all of the high paying corporate jobs are downtown. Due to the old suburban white flight migration and high cost of rent on commercial real estate in cities, many companies have offices and headquarters in the edge of metro areas rather than downtown. If you can find a position at one of those places it opens up some good places to live even further away from cities. If you can work even partially remote you’re golden.

what i don't get is why people equate having a traditional family life, kids and house etc, and being engaged in personal interests or hobbies as mutually exclusive

Attached: mountain view 1.png (1223x905, 1.16M)

Attached: apartment for rent.png (1139x782, 591K)

>it has a Ring doorbell, how neat !
Palo alto my ass, I could build a shed like this in less than a month with my own hands.
This is just ridiculous and it ain`t worth more than 100k.

trying to make it sound glamorous to shit in a bucket and cook on a hot plate while living in your car
And people buy into it

America was never free. It's an illusion. The constitution illusion.

don't say they forced you, unless you were truly dependent on them at the time. their whole tactic is guilt and shame. don't be afraid to admit you were weak, just remember not to be weak again

Because you can't afford a house as a wageslave. And renting serves to bleed you out even more

that is maybe a $150k house wtf?

Hot damn *Slaps his hand on the roof*
You could fit at least 12 H-1B's in that bitch.

Noone can afford to live in the Bay Area anymore

Attached: 11329.jpg (1680x1050, 365K)

First you were home shopping in silicone valley, now you're looking for a house in an upscale suburb of DC, what precisely do you do for work that those are the only places you can earn a living, and more importantly if your skillset is that good and in demand in those hot markets why is coming up with that money an issue for you?

An ugly shack like this would have been worth maybe 5k before we went full ZOG. The prices of these estates are skyrocketing and that's why it's absolutely impossible to have a family.

Attached: palo alto 1.png (1233x933, 1.47M)

it's not bad living out of a car honestly. i'd done it a few times, never for longer than a month at a time. it's pretty refreshing. changes up your perspective. but ultimately it's being pushed to delocalize the population, under the guise of connecting people to the land, which it actually alienates them from, turning everyone into tourists instead of letting a few be explorers

knock 2.2mil off of this house and id still be on the edge about buying this

You could buy pic related 4 times for the price of the house in the OP.

Attached: Price of a flat.jpg (1031x538, 140K)

Attached: flushing ny 1.png (1237x907, 1.18M)

>Just move away from the coasts

Attached: 384766173.png (2500x1096, 3.51M)

Attached: 4561231.png (2052x1640, 2.33M)

Shamu O'Neil

Attached: whitestone queens ny 1.png (1219x933, 1.06M)

What do you do for work? Where do you live? What is your skillset that you can only find work in Palo Alto and why, with that skillset can you not afford those home prices?

Attached: 2314121.png (2050x1650, 3.06M)

Attached: 382921.png (2050x1654, 2.87M)

>buy house have kids
>get divorced
>lose house lose kids
>still have to pay for both.

it is a mystery

don't you dare speak to me like that

Attached: bayside queens 1.png (1229x919, 1.34M)

So what do you do for work that your only choices for a place to live are Palo Alto, Bethesda, or Nashville? Why not post some home prices on Nantucket next, loser, that'll convince mommy to stop asking you when you're going to get a job.

they have no life skills, or practical skills, or any skills

1588 right guys.

Attached: Capture.png (208x240, 100K)

Still ridiculously expensive. You can get a decent brick house for 1/7th of that price some places in Denmark.

no one cares about faggot leafs shitbird

it's 1388 moron