Another little piece of history sucumb to capitalist

The dismantling of Tournai’s gothic Bridge of Holes of the 13 century begin to make room for bigger ship to trasport their mercancy.

Attached: 5626.jpg (930x558, 49K)

Other urls found in this thread:

theguardian.com/world/2019/aug/02/dismantling-gothic-bridge-of-holes-protest-dismay-belgium-tournai
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

theguardian.com/world/2019/aug/02/dismantling-gothic-bridge-of-holes-protest-dismay-belgium-tournai

Attached: 1565020384_652964_1565020590_noticia_normal.jpg (980x654, 90K)

lol you said holes

Fuck that's hard to see.

They're gonna waste all that stone? The fuck is wrong with your people?

the old must die so that the new can live...its call the circle of life

USA USA USA

This is fake news. I saw it on an architecture page on facebook and people explained it to me.
Basically the towers on the side are from the 13th century and haven't been touched. The middle segment, the spanning bridge part with arches, was destroyed during WW2 by Nazis and was rebuilt afterwards in 1948. It is made of concrete casting with an outer stone shell. They demolished this because they want to make the middle arch wider so more boats can pass through, it will keep the same aesthetic as the original one

I'm absolutely heartbroken.

Oh thanks for explaining bud.

So we shouldnt have any remorse of destroying and built a burger king in the frontispice of the notre dame cathedral that burn a couple of month ago?

Shut the fuck up poorfag, the market will fix it.

You should have listened

I live in Tournai

AMA

What do the common people and local authorities think about it ?will be beneficiated in any form by this reconstruction ?

is it poor

Attached: 1550555755754.png (900x805, 1.17M)

Thanks Mohammed

depends on who you ask

boomers are bit more sentimental about this bridge, youth don't give much shit about it I would say.

Some normies say banal shit about how bad that money rule the world, other say that there is nothing wrong with that because the original towers(dated back to 13century) will remain intact.
local authorities claim that it's going to increase
economy of our country and it's supposed to be a good thing.

compared to what?

Why would you show us this?

Attached: 1403871563575.jpg (320x240, 23K)

thats fucked

How do you like our future modern bridge, anons?

Attached: project.jpg (1024x576, 129K)

Au début de laSeconde Guerre mondiale, l'arche centrale est dynamitée par l'armée britannique[2].

By the Brits, not the Nazi

looks like utter shit, but I am sure they will put some awful modern art on it to make it even worse, that will be € 500 billion plus tip thanks

calm down fags, this is the bridge in 1946

Attached: ob_40c0cb_1940-tournai-le-pont-des-trous.jpg (640x491, 71K)

Looks like the domes of a mosque.

Blacked

My god did the 20th century wreck Europe. At least its not fully mutted yet.

What’s the population of nigger and mudslimes?