BioTech Career

I was wondering if any of you are working in the Biotech Industry, outside of the laboratory, and what you did to achieve that job.

Attached: 57c7023751383.jpg (570x380, 32K)

Suck a biodick.

If you can code you can move to a code monkey job ("data scientist"). However you will be competing with people who are actual coders, physicists , mathematicians etc. so people much smarter than you (which is why you picked biotech in the first place).

But it's worth a shot if you can manage to learn coding.

Coding is nothing for me. What about other positions. Like Quality Control or Marketing?

Havent worked a day outside of laboratory in the entirety of my working life.

Attached: H2SO4 . HO2(x 5).jpg (1536x2560, 922K)

Quality control is literally work inside of the lab in most cases.

You can try, but you ll be competing with women who have degrees and probably more experience in these jobs.
Why don't you just change your job to a different lab?

I don't mind working there for a few years, but I want to climb up the ladder quick

I am still a student. I am finishing my master thesis next year

honestly you might be in the wrong career path then and shouldn't have gone to university

women will always be preferred for shit like marketing and QC and HR, and there aren't many openings in the first place

but you can try, just apply and make some shit up , in the worst case you won't get the job, in the best case you get it and can learn on the job

just don't expect any special treatment because you have a uni degree

(((Working))) in (((biotech))).

>(which is why you picked biotech in the first place)
Nigger are you mentally ill? Biophysics is a thing that turn modern world upside down in decades.

bio anything signifies you have 0 idea about physics

whoever will recruit you will be a physicist, and will look down on you for the bio part and prefer somebody who is pure physicist or mathematician

>I was wondering if any of you are working in the Biotech Industry
No, but I wanted to at one time. They wanted me to school though. There's new school, old school, and I didn't go to school people and I'm the later. Got 26 college credit hrs though, which is decent for a 10th grade dropout.

I sense you have hostility against women, which I understand, since my degree is 70% women. However, I was wondering if there are opportunities to work yourself up the career ladder in BioTech if you are a hard working and smart working person?

Haha. I am actual pure physicist. If you describe biotech like prosthetics and similar than you somewhat right. But actual nanobiophysics is avantgarde now
BTW pure coders are inferior and always will be

just check the job listing at your local pharma/biotech companies. and look at what the senior/high ranked position requirements are
most will require a PhD probably , so you would have to get one if you want to "climb the ladder"

just having a lot of experience is usually not enough to climb in a biotech company, investors and your peers look down on people without titles/academic "achievements"

i know this is the case for Novartis/Roche in Basel.... maybe in your country it's different

do not ever accept a paycheck, it changes your brain chemistry

>I am still a student. I am finishing my master thesis next year
What's it on?

I heard that many people are overqualified with their PhD's. I am your neighbour btw.

Since you are working for Novartis, have you never come across any one who came up the ranks, initially starting as a MSc?

Molecular Biotechnology and Drug Discovery

Ok, what's it on? I may only be a layman, but my major was molecular biology and I like to be self taught. I'm just a curios person. It will distract me for 30 mins trying to figure out what you're talking about and strecth my muscles.

what do you want to know specifically?

>I am your neighbour btw.

> overqualified

lol, not in biotech, it's definitely good to cap out your titles there, just always look at what the top management has , most of them usually have PhDs, and if you want them to accept you (and promote you later on), you have to at least bring the same to the table
i meet mostly foreign people who do internships after getting a Bsc and a MSc , and i know one guy from poland who stayed here for a while and worked in a Roche/Novartis lab, but never said anything about ranking up, i would definitely say he was capped by his title but he wasn't very ambitious to begin with just wanted enough money to buy/smoke weed and chill

> ranking up

i know one pajeet who only had a MSC but he was an autist who could code and he managed to get on a team which filed for some patents
Otherwise people with PhDs yes, they regularly manage to rank up and join groups which file patents, but the competition is probably hard
also swiss people get preferential treatment, so if you were from here you could rank up even without a PhD.

>what do you want to know specifically?
Two things, to prove to myself I'm not retarded (not to you), and it gives me something to research and do. Bt if it seems like you got something important, I understand keeping it to yourelf for now. I probably wouldn't understand anyways. I'm just larping as a research doctor because that's what I wanted to be at one time.

Ok, thank you for your thorough explanation. I would say not many people are very ambitious.

Avoid working for Indians. They will force you to commit fraud. They will fire you if you don't. They will blame you if the fraud is found.

My master specializes on development of various threatments for oncogenic diseases. Finding drug targets, studying signalling pathways for example.

That's a horrible advice lol , maybe don't work for Indian companies, but working with no indians and under no indian boss will actually cut down your chances of climbing the ladder by 90% easily especially in STEM in a first world country.

do a PHD at your workplace while you work. Novartis/Roche offers this i think, you just do a PhD at their workplace
actually this is probably the smartest solution for you
and you get to know people

I would personally be more interested in Oncovirus identification. I'm positive that many are yet to be identified. Anyway, thanks.

but actually if you are from germany stay the fuck away from switzerland. ur not welcome

Attached: germonkey.jpg (866x1390, 172K)

I've personally seen it happen at 3 separate companies. It could be bad luck, but I don't think so. Switzerland must be getting better Indians.

You can only get a job here as a foreigner if u can prove that no swiss employee can perform the same job. So we mostly get the good ones yeah. Our companies also aren't kiked enough to pull the H1B crap , where they knowingly hire underqualified pajeets so they can dump wages/costs.
Outsourcing is a bad idea though and some swiss companies have already burnt their hands with that lol

i hope you are busy going in the lab nights to figure out a way to genetically engineer a race specific virus that can wipe out our greatest ally

Attached: 805rp8519zSGN2C_WECC4-o4n6A04qtzazHD1nb0Ukc.jpg (768x768, 68K)

Not german, thank god

Does working in biotech endanger you to go to hell?

This. And low IQs

We already in hell

Why swiss redneck not answering me?