So what if more young British people are living at home into their 30s?

>So what if more young British people are living at home into their 30s?

>The self-styled “jilted generation” have a new argument to boost their case against their elders. According to figures from the Office for National Statistics, a quarter of those between the ages of 20 and 34 were still living in the family home in 2018. That is 1 million more than 15 years ago; 3.4 million people, compared with 2.4 million in 2003.

>And the reason is obvious, is it not? Soaring prices and an acute housing shortage (factors not unconnected) have locked young people out of the housing market, leaving high-priced private renting or the parental home as the unpalatable only options. A whole generation is being “infantilised” by the failure of successive governments to build enough homes.

theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/aug/08/young-people-parental-home-live-ons

Do you think we'll be seeing more and more men in their 30s living at home?

Attached: The_Guardian.png (1122x467, 166K)

I know we will.

>living at home

everybody who isnt homeless lives at home for their entire lives

These journalists are the worst. All these mentally ill Marxist parasites (((they've))) thrown at us since GamerGate in the media. I sincerely want to watch them all die in horrific ways.

i can't speak for y'all across the pond but here our issue is a little different. we have plenty of empty homes...nobody is willing to take out a precarious loan for an artificially expensive house made of shit materials.

i can't say why people aren't renting. it's well worth a few hundred bucks a month to have some privacy. i've been renting since i was a teenager...and i've lived all over the country, coast to coast and in the american heartland. if you're not a complete imbecile and know how to balance wants and needs you can live very comfortably on less than 40k a year anywhere in the united states. i think people are depressed and afraid to fail because there is already so much latent stress in our psychic environment.

Yeah, that is an incredibly poorly written headline.

not expecting much from modern "journalism" anyway. for the record, any article with a question for the title is not journalism

In the UK we don't have many empty homes. There is a massive lack of housing, which has resulted in house prices increasing dramatically. New homes aren't being built (and those which are, are objectively the smallest in Europe) but the population meanwhile is rising rapidly.

In Britain "Living at home" means basically "living with mum & dad"

Why move out of a house you will inherit at some point? Unless you have brothers in which case it stands to reason that whoever gets married first gets to move out to their own home (Hopefully with help from the parents) to found a new family.

Most young people these days aren't getting married in the west so it's no wonder they aren't moving out.

housing is too costly

not enough jobs

same in usa

can thank immigration for that

>on less than 40k a year anywhere in the united states.
Lol try that in San Francisco or Jew York.

lol. just looking at her portait proves shes some pawn.

I plan to, headed to law school for 3 years then moving right back in with my parents, probably until they move South so I can just house watch indefinitely. No rent, just help pay for some things and work in my hometown.

The problems include:

1. Britain has the smallest homes in Europe, meaning sexual intercourse (for example) is almost impossible and over-crowding takes place with only 3 or 4 people sharing a home.

2. A 50% divorce rate means many in the Millenial generation were raised by one parents, who often lives with a step-parent, who often has their own kids, meaning there's no real "family home" to either dwell in or inherit.

((()))

i've lived in NYC and Seattle for several years each in the last decade never making in excess of 50k a year.

>i can't say why people aren't renting.

it's because paying a third (or more) of your income towards a property you don't even own is just throwing money away. it's a literal jewish scam.
the thing to do is buy a condo in a gentrifying area on a 40 year mortgage and then sell it at a profit when you want to move.
done that trick a few times. wouldn't buy now though. wait for the crash.

>>The self-styled “jilted generation”
What the fuck?

>jewish scam

says the condo-flipping kike

Seems the left are not bothered about people being able to afford their own lodgings now

People jilting modern bullshit society. The whole "Millenials killed _______ " or whatever boomer/jewish scam people dont buy anymore.

>Jewish property investment groups monopolizing blocks, zip codes, counties
>Government subsidizing Jewish property managers if they ever make a mistake or get out-Jewed by Jew bankers
>Unlimited immigration
>Environmenral regulations and fees only ever go up
>Cost of supplies only ever goes up

chinese too

it's funny because the Guardian writers and BBC presenters will all be men and called Muhammad soon. makes me chuckle

Attached: ac38fac62d554cd5df4ccdcf5aef9628.jpg (236x259, 11K)

>Soaring prices
Property speculators and greedy landlords, enabled by...
>acute housing shortage
Mass immigration

There is no way for a frugal person to compete against the normie debt slave in the housing market. It's either be a debt slave to the landlord, or the bank.

Attached: 1479660086789.jpg (552x318, 17K)

>so what if Insert Anything
>6 million
>reeeee

womp womp

>import millions of people into a country
>wow we seem to be short of housing for some reason
so surprising

Attached: 1561501403443.png (480x588, 514K)

The BBC and Guardian class never have to worry about money.

Or be the landlord.

see this is because you don't build big houses, slavs make a house with 2-3 enterances and one is for mom and dad the other is for the kid when he/she marries and wants to start a family

Just squat in an abandoned home. Frugal as it gets.

it's gonna be a lot easier when all the boomers drop dead and the banks don't put their houses back on the market because it would drive prices down

Yeah no shit mate.

Pic related are Europe's house sizes.

Attached: houses.jpg (460x900, 133K)

you can stay poor and retarded or become rich and smart.
your choice.