BlockChan creator here, looking for feedback and answering questions

BlockChan is Censorship Free and can't be taken down. It runs on the Ripple Blockchain. Files are stored on IPFS (InterPlanetary File System)

It was suggested I post here as you guys may have interest.

Boards are not possible to have mods or jannies. Once posted, content cannot be removed or changed.

Currently 3 boards: pol, biz, b

BlockChan downloads from github and runs solely in your browser and only communicates with the Ripple Public Ledger and Public IPFS gateway

Site:
chan.IndImm.link
ndm-inf.github.io/BlockChan/main

Source Code:
github.com/ndm-inf/BlockChan

Attached: BlockChan.png (386x387, 42K)

can I mute/ignore posts/threads and have that content removed from my local storage?

>can I mute/ignore posts/threads and have that content removed from my local storage?

That is a feature I am working on and will be ready in a couple of days

Are you trying to flood the ripple bchain you stinky marine?

>Are you trying to flood the ripple bchain you stinky marine?
Nah, though the Ripple people on Twitter freaked out when I released file uploading onto the Ripple Blockchain with IndImm

how will you deal with people posting illegal content (CP and the such)?

Just keep posting and spreading incase the worst does happen here
Oh suggestions no image file limits

this is a transparent attempt to pump the price of ripple.

Build this and a Jow Forums clone on holochain

Attached: holoNWO.jpg (937x971, 92K)

>p.please guys, start using the chans and storing illicit content locally with no way to remove it other than throwing your computer into a river!
>I promise I'm not a fed!

I think you're a fucking clown and ripple is shit, go shill somewhere else.

>how will you deal with people posting illegal content (CP and the such)?
By the nature of the blockchain technology, I have no way to prevent any content just in the same way that the creators of TCP/IP can't prevent what is sent and the creators of Ripple , or any blockchain, cant prevent what is stored in a tx

How is this different then zeronet

>I think you're a fucking clown and ripple is shit, go shill somewhere else.
>this is a transparent attempt to pump the price of ripple.
I am honestly not the biggest fan of Ripple but it at the current time is the best choice

And this is why this project will fail. People don't want to have to browse through CP. You need to find a way to pull that shit down homie.

Attached: 1549864105492.png (3333x2416, 1.89M)

It would be possible to make the posts on BlockChan flaggable and have the UI default to not pull images which have been flagged by other users.

Attached: 1563555630374.gif (267x200, 729K)

Is that you evilsocket?!

>(((Ripple)))
For what fucking reason? Of all the chains this could have been put on, why would you put it on the one chain created by and for big banks.

Attached: 1557764260561.jpg (500x441, 23K)

It's God's work you're doing, user. The decent people of the world need this. Censorship has only one ultimate purpose: To prevent the spread of truth.
Lies are stopped by counterargument. The liars seek to prevent the counterargument.

>For what fucking reason? Of all the chains this could have been put on, why would you put it on the one chain created by and for big banks.
I need high transaction speeds and a blockchain that didn't have the possibility of going the way of other alts. I wanted to stay in the Top 5 crypto and ripple was the only option and there API is surprisingly very good.

>It's God's work you're doing, user. The decent people of the world need this. Censorship has only one ultimate purpose: To prevent the spread of truth.
>Lies are stopped by counterargument. The liars seek to prevent the counterargument.
Thanks fren. Spread the word and I encourage people to crawl through the sourcecode. This is your privacy and it should be guarded.

We need a text-only option. I know Jow Forums is "image hosting" but I wouldn't want CP to even be able to go to my machine. It's too easy for feds to set us up that way. They dump CP on and then indict us for having it on our computers.

Great idea, I will implement this today. I wonder if I should make it to default to txt only

Desperate times call for desperate measures. That was then.

this sounds like a glowie

This would be just like plebbit then. Flags (down votes) would rule the site.
But they're right. Faggots will most definitely spam post CP. It's the most basic move of JIDF to disgrace a website they hate.
Not saying to just give up, just saying, this needs to have a solution.
Having global mods isn't an inherently bad thing. The biggest concern should be about preventing the site from being taken down.

What made you choose Ripple, user?

Why does it take 60 seconds to post? Replying to a specific post is cumbersome, it should be more like it is here. Why must the message field contain text to post an image?

>this sounds like a glowie
Anything sounds glowie at this point and everyone is smart to be cautious and paranoid.

The sourccode is publicly available and is loaded directly from the github repo. I encourage it to be combed through for people to validate it's safety or to point out security concerns.

This is a good idea.

Your first priority should be to find a way to block all CP. Be that by having a blocklist for known image hashes enabled by default or your previous idea of having community moderation.
Godspeed

Attached: 1543597157102.jpg (640x480, 78K)

Tron guy huh?

>I wonder if I should make it to default to txt only

I think so

if you make it txt only to avoid cp I'd try it

>This would be just like plebbit then. Flags (down votes) would rule the site.
>But they're right. Faggots will most definitely spam post CP. It's the most basic move of JIDF to disgrace a website they hate.
>Not saying to just give up, just saying, this needs to have a solution.
>Having global mods isn't an inherently bad thing.
I have no idea what the solution is because obviously the idea of illegal content on it is abhorrent and that is the problem of any censorship site is that people who are pro censorship spam it with illegal content. The powers that be have unfortunately forced the creation of this and/or something like blockchan.

>The biggest concern should be about preventing the site from being taken down.
It can't be taken down without severely disrupting the ripple ledger and ecosystem as a whole. As far as the source, it can be forked and pulled by anybody

Lastly, I am working on having the source also completely stored on the ripple blockchain where someone with a browser and a few lines of javascript could load IndImm locally from there opposed to github.

What if an image was to be approved before you could post it? On here anyone can post a picture at any time and everyone can see it, what if the picture had to be approved by an admin or something and pictures that have been approved before can be posted immediately by other users. Really the only unapproved pictures would be containing cp, I know its impractical but its just an idea.

yeah its quite easy way OP could get into jail

>What made you choose Ripple, user?
I needed a blockchain that wouldn't disappear and had stood the test of time and had a high transaction speed (average 4 seconds)

>Why does it take 60 seconds to post? Replying to a specific post is cumbersome, it should be more like it is here. Why must the message field contain text to post an image?
Typically posting takes about 8 seconds round trip. This is because with blockchain tech, you have to wait until it's validated on their ledger and then pulled. This is a 4 sec trip each way.

The mere act of you posting this on a political discussion board instead of atech board smells like deep state honeypot.

Fuck you, enjoy your feedback, above.

If the images on each message are being stored as IPFS hashes, does that mean that the images don't have to live in the blockchain? Can they be stored (temporarily or otherwise) somewhere else, and only if enough users flag the image as being worthy of keeping can it get written to the blockchain permanently. I guess it can still be gamed, but maybe gives enough of a window of opportunity to filter out CP.

Maybe have some text only boards that are impossible to moderate and then have other boards with images and other stuff that are moderated?

>current year
Tech is politics.

>Your first priority should be to find a way to block all CP. Be that by having a blocklist for known image hashes enabled by default or your previous idea of having community moderation.
>Godspeed
I will research the image hash solution

As far as mods, thats a slippery slope because if this was to get popular, what prevents a glowy from infiltrating the mod group?

hold on a second, isn't this the equivalent of downloading every single post ever made on Jow Forums? How many terabytes is that?

Attached: 1549863585343.jpg (2048x2458, 682K)

If a post once made cannot be taken removed or changed how do you prevent the website from becoming a cesspool of cp and other illegal content?

>The mere act of you posting this on a political discussion board instead of atech board smells like deep state honeypot.
Considering the politics section of forums all over the internet, especially chans, is of high target, I thought it would be an appropriate place to post.

>Maybe have some text only boards that are impossible to moderate and then have other boards with images and other stuff that are moderated?
Now I like this idea a lot

Never mind question has already been answered.

honeypots are politics too.

>Files are stored on IPFS (InterPlanetary File System)
This means I will have a 0.0001% of CP in my hard drive? No thanks

>If a post once made cannot be taken removed or changed how do you prevent the website from becoming a cesspool of cp and other illegal content?
That is one of the reasons I came here, to brainstorm on ideas on how to manage this issue while keeping it censorship free

love the initiative, however you might consider that if you allow EVERY time if content, it will be polluted with CP and other disgusting stuff.

While free of censorship, you should nevertheless exclude certain topics because if you don't your enemies will pollute the board that way. Just look at the BBC threads here (along with so much more)

>browse once you get v& immediately
while people think there will be ultimate freedom in using blockchain tech for forums, etc. there really isn't as even if it did become popular and people gained influence a glowboy would just show up spam cp and then v& anyone deemed a threat. in other words the ultimate .gov honeypot

>censorship free

How about making it tracking free, too?

If not both, the idea is crap.

this sounds like a really good idea

On Jow Forums you can report a post as having illegal content and to my understanding Jow Forums just forwards the issue to the FBI. Just send the Feds their IP and wash your hands of it right? Or is the system to inherently private to make that possible?

>How about making it tracking free, too?
The only tracking possible comes from 3 connections
1) Pulling the site from github which then runs locally at that point
2) Posting the post to Ripple Public Ledger
3) Posting the file to IPFS

for posting, I'd suggest vpn+tor if privacy is a concern

>On Jow Forums you can report a post as having illegal content and to my understanding Jow Forums just forwards the issue to the FBI. Just send the Feds their IP and wash your hands of it right? Or is the system to inherently private to make that possible?
The way it is coded, BlockChan is just a client which has no way of knowing your IP Address

If Blockchan is just a client then how does the owner of the actual infrastructure deal with CP posters?

>Censorship Free
>Runs on Ripple

pick one you absolute bellend

Attached: 1563686925920.png (500x734, 466K)

>What if an image was to be approved before you could post it?
imagine if blockchan becomes popular. how would a theorical mod monitor hundreds (or thousands) of images that are posted every day? besides it would incentive powertripping behavior (mod only approves shit he likes).

Hmm, arguably that's still a system of plausible deniability though.
>media asks about content
>look the system was designed to allow all users to report illegal content directly to the FBI.
It's not perfect, but hey.

>If Blockchan is just a client then how does the owner of the actual infrastructure deal with CP posters?
The infrastructure of IPFS actually hosts the file and they are the true decentralized server for hosting. This is a problem they have had to deal with since day 1. Ripple just holds the hash

well for now i dont think its gonna have even one hundred users, the system could work until something better is figured out

What about if each thread/post had a history, so there could potentially be multiple posts on the blockchain for any given post ID, but the user only sees the latest one by default?

Maybe then enough people could vote on whether or not to show a given thread, but then everyone can have the option of going back to previous post histories if they really do want to see that blacked thread, or whether that old post was really some actual leaked shit that CIA niggers are trying to hide from you.