CHRISTIAN GENERAL

CHRISTIAN GENERAL

>All people, and all Denominations welcome.
>Please do ask questions.
>We will answer them to the best of our abilities.

This general is for all Christian denominations, as well as those who do not have faith or are interested in Christ to ask their questions. Please refrain from shitposting.

Please be civil with your arguments in between denominations. This thread is for everybody to get together and discuss the thing we prize most our faith in Christ.

The New Testament online for free, arrows at the top to turn the page
biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew 1&version=ESV

Older translation, considered to be much more accurate but takes longer to read
biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew 1&version=KJV

Online Bible for those who do not have ready access to one at home. Remember there is no race to finish the Bible, read it slowly and take in what it has to offer. If you have questions, ask. If you get tired of reading, finish for the night and think over what you have read as you go to sleep.
biblegateway.com/resources/audio/?recording=kjv-dramatized
A site that lets you choose a type of Bible and then have sections read to you. There is an auto play feature to this.

Two nice general Christian ideology Youtube channels.
CSLewisDoodle
>youtube.com/channel/UCw-kYN6wWXWDyp_lB0wnlxw
InspiringPhilosopher
>youtube.com/channel/UC5qDet6sa6rODi7t6wfpg8g

And some direct video links to fill this General original post out a bit more.
>Faith vs Works
youtube.com/watch?v=9--lTQh7dUs
>Why does God give no direct proof of his existence?
youtube.com/watch?v=CBu_Jw61UZE
>If God is so loving why does he send us to hell?
youtube.com/watch?v=JWnsjOL0tQ8
(The previous videos may have differing views from some peoples personal views)

Attached: B39CBC11-E9DD-44E4-8245-BCDD9EB1946D.jpg (347x1023, 23K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CoagQn1MTjc
biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Genesis 32:30&version=KJV
biblegateway.com/passage/?search=John 1:18&version=NIV
youtube.com/watch?v=YQbZVHTfnYQ
m.youtube.com/watch?v=HhOknQXoEu8
bibviz.com/
contradictionsinthebible.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=Vh7agrEhb9s
youtube.com/watch?v=8yQzfeqhfo8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Attached: Waiting-for-God.png (777x777, 736K)

Explain why there are contradictions in the bible despite it being written by the word of god through the hand of man.

Welcome, my brothers from /Christian/. This thread is our home for now. Larpagans, jews and atheists will come but we are outfitted with holy armour none can penetrate.

White Christians are the only group of whites having enough babies
What are YOU doing

Name some.

“… I have seen God face to face, and my life is preserved.” — Genesis 32:30

“No man hath seen God at any time…”– John 1:18
-----
James 1:13 "Let no man say . . . I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man."

Genesis 22:1 "And it came to pass after these things, that God did tempt Abraham."
------

There are tons of them. Some down to two different accounts of the same event listing different numbers.

Mark 15:25 "And it was the third hour, and they crucified him."

John 19:14-15 "And about the sixth hour: and he saith unto the Jews, Behold your King! But they cried out . . . crucify him."
-----
II Kings 8:26 "Two and twenty years old was Ahaziah when he began to reign."

II Chronicles 22:2 "Forty and two years old was Ahaziah when he began to reign."

I like how you only use bits of passages to take them out of context. Nice copypasta user, but you’ll have to try harder than that.

Which denomination is best and why is it Catholcisim?

youtube.com/watch?v=CoagQn1MTjc

Attached: 974.png (800x948, 1.56M)

Literally just look at the passages you fucking homunculus. Explain the Genesis and John one.

biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Genesis 32:30&version=KJV
"And Jacob called the name of the place Peniel: for I have seen God face to face, and my life is preserved."

biblegateway.com/passage/?search=John 1:18&version=NIV
"No one has ever seen God, but the one and only Son, who is himself God and[a] is in closest relationship with the Father, has made him known."

Am I wrong for wishing for a new Christian Empire? Also, reminder that Justinian died in communion with Rome and recognizing its primacy.

Attached: 1559005592508.png (526x628, 917K)

Additionally, the Bible is not just one book, but consists of hundreds of books and letters written by different authors over the course of hundreds, even thousands of years. These authors lived in different time periods, had different personalities, sources, and values, and had a variety of motivations for writing what they did. It's a miracle that the Bible is as coherent as it is. You might as well say that a cooking recipe is invalid because two different cookbooks have different recipes for the same food.

The issue is that the bible is either written by the word of god through the hand of man, or it's fanfiction written by a bunch of random lads. It can't both be the holy book by which we should listen to and praise upon god, and also contradictory, out of date, and shouldn't be followed to the T.

Jesus wants to be in your life, let Him in

Attached: 96FD24C3-1327-4A94-8AEF-C41F296D9883.jpg (433x606, 45K)

Dude, white Christians are the only whites with births above replacement rate.

Attached: 1563418359761.jpg (800x600, 63K)

I'm afraid we may have to wait until Christ returns for that.

But why?

b&r

The Church will come back.

Attached: 1540254269661.jpg (1125x837, 121K)

I don’t know if I’ve seen a large white family that wasn’t at least nominally Christian

Attached: B9380A57-411C-429C-8824-415758521183.png (748x595, 993K)

Hence why it's coherency is a miracle. God inspiration is the only sensible explanation for it.

I would die a happy man to see the Haggia Sophia turned pack into a church

That's the only way to guarantee it'll be an eternal empire.

Except that it is full of contradictions meaning that it is not coherent. So either some of the people in the books are lying/wrong. Or god is lying/telling the wrong things to different people for laughs. Either way, what's the point of following a book that isn't accurate.

youtube.com/watch?v=YQbZVHTfnYQ

Amen leafbro

>when you unironically think there was a talking snake

Attached: the eternal christkike.png (1003x607, 283K)

Actual footage of 8ch refugees their first day back to 4ch
m.youtube.com/watch?v=HhOknQXoEu8

all those white girls will get blacked in the future

And by refugees in mean homogreasers

Nice pilpul, Ira.

Rent free :D

Attached: 1522334015596.png (881x703, 138K)

Hardly the most unlikely or illogical thing of all.

>i made two people who don't have wisdom
>haha yo what why weren't they wise enough to know to listen to me
>mfw i knew all of this was going to happen and made them so that they would betray me so i could kill myself later and get credit not just for making them but for saving them (from what i cursed them with)

A Neoplatonist senatorial sophist was teaching a class on the virtues of Hellenic paganism

”Before the class begins, you must get on your knees and worship Jupiter Optimus Maximus and accept that the Roman pantheon was the greatest form of religion in the ancient world, even greater than Christ-worship!”

At this moment, a brave, patriotic, Comitatus from Illyria who had fought in a hundred Danubian campaigns and understood the necessity of the Dominate and fully supported all military decision made by the Augustus stood up.

”Who's the greatest being in history, apostate?”

The arrogant sophist smirked quite Satanically and smugly replied “Jupiter, you stupid monotheist”

”Wrong. It’s Christ Pantokrator. If it was Jupiter as you say… then wouldn't Maxentius have won at the Milvian Bridge?”

The sophist was visibly shaken, and dropped his chalk and copy of "Against the Gallileans". He stormed out of the room crying those pagan crocodile tears. The same tears pagans cried when brave Christians chose martyrdom over submission in their struggle against the “Dominus et Deus” Diocletian when they justly sought to convert their infidel oppressors. There is no doubt that at this point our Senator wished he had pulled himself up by his caligae and become a loyal subject of the Christian Emperor and son of the Church, instead of a wimpering homosexual cretin.

The students applauded and became Scholae Palatinae sworn to defend the Empire that day and accepted Christ as their Lord and savior. A dove named “Paraclete” flew into the room and perched atop the Church of the Holy Apostles and shed a tear on the Labarum. The Edict of Thessalonica and the Nicene Creed were read several times, and St. Ambrose miraculously appeared to smash pagan altars. The Thinkery was shuttered and the sophist and his homosexual students were all castrated the next day by orders of Dominus Flavius Justinianus Augustus, who also donated their property to himself. They died.

Allelouia

When you unironically believe q is real.

DURRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Attached: bb71e820dddf9f6d38ac7b1319594267.jpg (640x491, 64K)

Christfags literally can't prove that God is honest. He could very well be a trickster God who revealed the Bible to see who was gullible enough to buy it. There is no way to prove that God didn't just send "his word" to troll Christfags into believing obvious bullshit so he could punish them with hell while giving atheists heaven.

We literally say the centurions prayer weekly kike retard.

In 390 the Emperor Valentinian decreed burning at the stake as a fit punishment for homosexuals — in memory of the purifying flames which devoured the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah. Five years later the Emperor Theodosius outlawed all religions other than Christianity, and codified the laws against heresy, treason, and homosexuality.
But the Roman Empire was collapsing. In 410 Rome was sacked by the Goths, then re-sacked by the Vandals again in 455. Did that mean that things would get better for homosexuals? Of course not. The Barbarians adopted the laws of the conquered, and in 506 the Visigoth Alaric II decreed burning at the stake for homosexuals. Roman-Christian attitudes pervaded the nearly defunct Empire, i.e. the whole of Western civilization.

In Justinian's "new laws" he says: "because of such impious conduct cities have indeed perished. . . . Because of such crimes there are famines, earthquakes, and pestilences" (Novellae 77, AD 538). In 543 a plague swept through the Byzantine capital of Constantinople, and probably as a terrified reaction to this, Justinian the following year issued another "new law," exhorting the "sodomites" to repent: "There will be no relaxation of enquiry and correction so far as this matter is concerned" (Novellae 144).

Castration
Justinian ordered the Prefect to arrest any homosexual who refused to repent, and to subject him "to the extreme punishments." The punitive correction was brutal: first the convicted homosexual's testicles would be cut off. Then sharp reeds would be thrust into his penis. Then he would be led, or dragged, naked through the streets for public humiliation. Finally he would be burned at the stake.

Procopius in his contemporary Anecdota says that Justinian's laws were carried out ruthlessly and recklessly — that slaves were forced to falsely accuse Justinian's political enemies, and that the streets were filled by the mutilated, castrated, and humiliated victims of his fanaticism.

Denominations are unnecessary, all that matters is the Words of Jesus Christ as put forth in the four Gospels of the New Testament.

Thank You So Much For That @christiangeneral

>solipsist-tier logic

99% of the issues with the Bible and God are just because they made him too perfect.
>omniscient
>omnipotent
>omnipresent
>already planned everything
>can create and destroy everything
>also eternal

"Hey why did god give us free will if he kills us for not doing what he says IE impregnating dead brothers wife."

GOD WORKS IN MYSTERIOUS WAYS!!!!!!

If he was a fallible entity who had a limited array of powers, people would believe it more. It's why the Greek and Roman gods are popular.

"Oh who's that?"
"The god of wine."
"Oh... What can he do?"
"Wine stuff, that's about it. He also fucks pretty good."

1.)
You mentioned a grand total of 4 contradictions, for a collection of books spanning millennia, that's not a bad record. How many more are there?
2.)
Another consideration to be taken is the translation you're referencing. (KJV, NIV, NASB, and so on). Do these contradictions stay consistent throughout the translation?
3.)
It must also be remembered that these books were written in different languages (OT in Hebrew, and NT in Greek). Words often used here don't always have perfect equivalents in English. So what may sound contradictory in English could I fact be referring to two different things entirely. This again can depend on the version and is why it's good to thoroughly study the Bible.

>getting mocked for thinking there's a talking snake is "rent free"
Very humble
>when you unironically think an anonymous poster being a person close to Trump is less likely than a talking snake
TALKING SNAKES ARE REAL DURRRR

Nor can you prove that he isn't.

you guys are retards

Attached: JesusMerchant.jpg (663x900, 131K)

I listed four because there's a fuck ton of them and there isn't enough space in this thread to list them all.
bibviz.com/

Hover over the red lines to show a question, click it to show contradictory passages.

Nice argument. Get some Logos in your life and maybe you'll actually be able to make one.

lmao underrated post friend

>doesn't prove God doesn't hate him
God will send you to hell for believing in him, and he'll tape your eyes open and make you watch while Jesus and The Holy Spirit have eternal gay sex. :)

Take your meds you tranny schizo.

Attached: 1563147650927.png (286x272, 211K)

What happen was Constantine's mother converted to rabbi worship and she found him a scamming christkike bride to marry.

Constantine then murdered his political enemies, culture, and shut down the philosophy schools to declare himself the soul representative of god and all creation as father of the church.

THIS IS HOW WE BECAME Christian

Judah-ism came after Christianity. You mean Middle Eastern monotheism

Attached: 1563777428431.jpg (530x530, 81K)

And here's some explanations for most, if not all of them.
contradictionsinthebible.com/

So? I'm not personally invested in either side. You worship a guy without even knowing if your worship will be punished after you die. It is more reasonable to be any kind of non-Christfag than to be a Christfag who will be punished with eternal hell by Jesus Christ for failing his test

Constantine was based and you're an anti-western cuck.

>What happen was Constantine's mother converted to rabbi worship and she found him a scamming christkike bride to marry.
>Constantine then murdered his political enemies, culture, and shut down the philosophy schools to declare himself the soul representative of god and all creation as father of the church.
>THIS IS HOW WE BECAME Christian
>Judah-ism came after Christianity. You mean Middle Eastern monotheism

>Constantine was based

>What happen was Constantine's mother converted to rabbi worship and she found him a scamming christkike bride to marry.
>Constantine then murdered his political enemies, culture, and shut down the philosophy schools to declare himself the soul representative of god and all creation as father of the church.

Attached: hipster sjw npc rage.jpg (221x228, 9K)

Why don't you go pray to the trickster God who is punking the living shit out of you? He sent down the Bible to see who would believe it so they could receive their due punishment. You literally cannot prove this isn't the case. It is equally likely to be the case as not the case.

Attached: Pope.webm (640x360, 1.43M)

John waxed a little bit metaphorical. It's possible that he meant "see" in the Avatar senses, as in to know completely.

James asked us to live in good faith, and not to make vain pretensions. If God does "tempt us" it is by hardening our hearts so that we are susceptible to sin.

Who cares what time of day it was? This is the nerdiest semantic bullshit. Did they reckon the hours from 6 AM or from midnight? it is a mystery. I wouldn't get too hung up on the fallibility of the bible from its historicity. Multiple authors can disagree on material facts. Such is the nature of subjective perception.

Absolutely based and breadpilled.

>Also, reminder that Justinian died in communion with Rome and recognizing its primacy.
Dante put Justinian in heaven in Paradiso

Attached: 1492261866479.jpg (799x667, 106K)

And God can't wait to send you to hell as punishment for believing his epic 2000 year larp

The time of the day matters because either the book is accurate, or it isn't. You can't decide which passages are metaphorical, which are real, which are just hehe funny jokes, and which are lies at your own discretion to wave away the double think required.

youtube.com/watch?v=Vh7agrEhb9s

I have drawn closer to god in these past few weeks or days. I realized through god and hard work it is the only way. Everyone is living as pure degenerates.

The first quote in genesis is talking about seeing god in human form.

You don't care about arguing in good faith.
Based.
Me too bro. Me too

That's pretty great

Attached: 1516739904199.jpg (480x480, 49K)

Nearly every single contradiction there is waved away by saying, "Oh the author just told the story differently haha." Either the bible is correct, or it isn't. If you have to play a cointoss game everytime you read something for whether or not you should believe it, maybe find something a little more concrete.

Because I already know the contradictions are inexcusable. It requires people to create up entirely new scenarios without founding in the scripture to explain it away because people are afraid of realizing that they've spent 20+ years worshipping some desert fanfiction. (And possibly, the wrong desert fanfiction.)

based

Kek all the salty fags in this thread

Attached: 1512588318205.jpg (640x825, 74K)

>considered becoming a Christian, particularly Orthodox
>white nationalist
>couldn't reconcile my politics with the teachings of Jesus

Sorry bros, I just don't see where blacks belong in Heaven, that sounds awful.

Fellow believers, did you struggle with finding your faith or did it come natural?

Attached: 1526701357554.jpg (1134x1001, 219K)

The Bible says that niggers belong in the zoo

Attached: 1497415165193.jpg (499x499, 192K)

Israel means "Struggle with God" consider it Jewish

Attached: 1497402362234.png (1000x820, 474K)

Boohoo. You have to give up your hate.

>admit that you don't care about the truth but instead your narrative
>call others delusional
You're a straight up retard.

The truth is already there is what I'm saying retard. These are thousands of years old books written by dusty sand niggers decades if not centuries after the events actually happened. Some random boomers two thousand years later don't get to handwave away the problems in the bible by just saying, "Oh that passage isn't serious, but the ones around it are. This one doesn't contradict that one because if you see this one is just a prank haha." No, just stop. You're pathetic.

But nearly all niggers have gone to hell and will go to hell. They are immoral. The handful of exceptions are fine. Jow Forums hates niggers because of their behaviour.
If all nogs were at least as moral/ethical/smart as ben carson, no one here would hate them.
Also orthodox is schismatic and they don't go to heaven either.
Become Catholic.

GET OUT

Attached: 1556345364877.jpg (720x628, 55K)

>alreadt admitted you don't care about the truth
>retarded enough to think Protestantism is a valid interpretation
You're posting cringe bro

>the Greek and Roman gods are popular.

really?

DESTROYED

Attached: Hitler smirk.gif (500x400, 999K)

Ok then, let's look at this another way. Suppose there weren't any contradictions, that would suggest that at various times, especially in the New Testament, that the writers met up at some point to get their story straight. This would suggest the story was fake and they're trying be coherent. The contradictions prove that this meet up never happened, yet the startling coherency is evidence of the author's, and therefore the Bible's legitimacy.

I want to start going to church with my wife and daughter but havent been in many years.

Is Lutheran an acceptable denomenation?

Ah yes. The random Thailand man claiming that the contradiction isn't real because he was just using his avatar state to see Gods' chi flow in the world and literally handwaving away the issue truly must be the real truth.

No one worships them anymore. But at least they're fun to write stories, games, and movies about. Christian media is always boring as fuck because God and Jesus are massive mary sues with badly written backstories.

Incredible doublethink from you, huh?
"I-if the bible was too accurate it'd be unbelievable!" Maybe God should've given some people outside of a 100km radius area in the Middle East something to write then, huh? If we found Biblical texts in North America no one would dare disbelieve. Even regardless of that. If it was a 100% coherent book with zero issues, at least you'd have a point to begin arguing it's validity with. As it stands, it's no more legitimate than any other desert fanfiction flavor floating around or their derivatives.

Become Catholic. Pray the rosary at home. Study the catechism and follow the one true holy and apostolic faith created by Our Lord Jesus Christ

Not a Christian, but have always had a nagging question about it: if you become "saved" and automatically go to heaven as soon as you accept jesus as your lord and savior (I know this is true in Catholicism), why does one need to be a good person after that afterlife-wise? Dont the murderers and rapists who have accepted jesus end up in the same place as the devout, godly catholics?

>I want to start going to church with my wife and daughter but havent been in many years.
What happen was Constantine's mother converted to rabbi worship and she found him a scamming christkike bride to marry.

Constantine then murdered his political enemies, culture, and shut down the philosophy schools to declare himself the soul representative of god and all creation as father of the church.

THIS IS HOW WE BECAME Christian

Judah-ism came after Christianity. You mean Middle Eastern monotheism

DESTROYED

Don't bother. These people think there was a talking snake and a talking donkey. They think that two of every animal were brought aboard a boat and didn't eat each other because of a flood that would have killed them but somehow didn't kill the 390,900 different plant species left behind. They think that despite God being mysterious and above all, that they know absolutely what his true intentions are. These are not serious people. These are people who have unquestioningly taken at face value a deeply entrenched part of society that has been violently imposed for so long, that certain bizarre dogmas are just taken at face value, such as Jesus' dying on a cross for our sins. Why a cross? Why couldn't he have just taken some sleeping pills for our sins? He's God, right? Certainly something could be arranged. And how does one thing affect the other? I'm gonna hit myself in the foot with a shovel for your mortgage, now worship me and give me money goyim. These people take things like this at face value without ever deconstructing what utter nonsense it is, because for several centuries these nonsequiturs were fatal to scrutinize.

Yeah cool man. But that doesnt answer my question.

Attached: foxes.webm (640x640, 2.87M)

Yes. Another one of the many reasons the Bible is silly. Many things, like Christmas, exist because people just wanted to give people who aren't Christians an excuse to convert. There isn't even a benefit for being a faithful pray every day, go to church every sunday Christian over literally raping people but accepting Jesus before your death.

Idol worshippers should be put on a cross

>lack of argument
I am claiming the contradictions aren't real but stem from you being a pseudo intellectual that doesn't understand the subject but thinks himself an expert.
It's not like you care to know the truth, you care about tipping your fedora.

If you're genuinely curious, you can have a discussion and ask questions. Being an irrational faggot harping about something and pretending to be an expert just makes you obtuse

>Genesis 32:30
>John 1:18
It is very clear that John 1:18 is speaking about God the Father, as it draws the distinction between Him and the Son in the very same sentence.
Genesis 32:30 is clearly speaking about God the Son, before He emptied Himself and took on flesh; that is, to say, pre-incarnation.
God the Father is described as a Spirit that is incorporeal; nonphysical, so obviously Gen. is not talking about Him, as Jacob was wrestling with God.

No contradiction.

>James 1:13
>Genesis 22:1
Note specifically that James 1:13 states that 'God can not be tempted with evil' and then follows to say, 'nor does He tempt any man'.
Therefore this can be understood to say, 'God does not tempt any man with evil'.
God does not tempt a man to sin against Him and break His Law.
Now, if you were to read the entire chapter of Genesis 22, then you would understand that this was a test of faith for Abraham, of whether or not he feared God and whether or not he sought to do the Will of God.

*Note-The two words tempt are also translated from different languages into English. James from Greek, and Genesis from Hebrew.

No contradiction.

>Mark 15:25
>John 19:14-15
Notice in Mark it is a definite statement of time, but in John it is only an approximation of time with the difference only being three hours.

No contradiction.

>2 Kings 8:26
>2 Chronicles 22:2

This one is a little more in depth, but I can affirm that there is no contradiction, and I will link you to answers from Biblical scholars who have studied and answered supposed Bible contradictions in depth if you actually want an answer to this and not only to disparage the validity of Christianity by positing out of context scripture.
I suspect though that you don't really want to know the answer, or you don't really care, otherwise you would research these things yourself.
It only takes but a second.

Grew up in an agnostic household but went to Catholic school for many, many years (awful local public schools). I've recently landed on the mindset that the Catholic Church has historically been, and still is, mostly an evil institution. Perhaps the most lasting, evil institution that this world has known. I mean, the Pope lives in a hyper-ornate castle in his own country while commanding a worldwide army of pedophiles who listen to your deepest, darkest secrets. How could Jesus not consider the Pope to be the Anti-Christ? Let's not even get into the awful shit that previous Popes have gotten into over the years...

I'm an atheist so none of this truly matters, but wow.

My school (open for over 135 years) was recently closed because the diocese deemed it was no longer financially do-able. Go figure, lol.

Don't be a commie. Don't be a liberal. It's oxymoronic when either are conjoined with Christianity. The commie bit's obvious. Fiscally conservative, socially liberal is still liberal. The most offending to Christianity, in fact. It's not complicated. He is the way, the truth, the life. Those not on the path reveal themselves. Be a good shepherd to the lost sheep, where you can.

How can one man trigger so many shitskins and protumentalists?

Attached: 1552752667323.png (800x528, 676K)

It does it just isn't the answer you're looking for.
I am a sedevacatist and I don't think any church is actually doing the will of God, I think we are in the end times.

If you want and opinion on the least messed up and most traditional church.
The best of the albeit imperfect options would be the SSPX Catholic Church.
Google SSPX and your probably have one nearby.

Only the most deranged prots even learn about him. Most of them are enraged enough about Constantine.

I literally cite the bible passages. The passage does not say, "No one has seen god except for this one guy who saw him using his avatar state." You made that up. It's fiction. You're adding fanfiction ontop of the fanfiction. So are you a new prophet, or just some dickweed in Thailand trying to explain away why he worships a certain flavor of desert fanfiction over another.

All three parts of God, are God. Jesus is God, the Holy Spirit is God, and God is God. You can't have it both that he is all of them, and also only some of them.

It literally says, God tempts him after saying God does not tempt a man. You are adding fanfiction to explain why this tempting is allowed when other tempting is not.

And dropped the rest of your post. Either the bible is correct, or it isn't. To explain the time difference by saying, "Oh well he was just approximating the time he didn't really know." Doesn't fucking work when God is supposedly telling them what to write.