How hard is it to become a legal citizen of the US really?

Is the process really THIS difficult? Especially for Mexicans? What makes it take so long and cost so much?

twitter.com/its_alex_53/status/1159224603085946882?s=21

Attached: 7800739A-F663-412E-B973-A0F080A6532C.jpg (1125x1413, 681K)

Also
>25 years
How is this Trump’s fault? He wasn’t even in office when they registered right?

>dude it takes too long to do it legally so that means I can break the law lmao
sincerely hope his entire family is killed in a car accident

Its super easy. They just ask you basic history questions that everyone knows like who is George Washington.

But not everyone can't take citizen quiz.
Citizen quiz requires lot of needs.

“Thousands of dollars”

Pretty small price to pay considering if you have decent intelligence you can make that in a month, meanwhile you’d be making $50 a year in some third world shithole.

What a story mutt
KEK

How hard is it to take a fucking picture

It comes down to who petitions for you and what country you are from. USA has a quota system depending on where you are from and who is petitioning for you (and only certain family relationships allow for a petition).

So yes, the green cards for Mexican nationals for everyone except someone marrying a US citizen are VERY backed up.

Good. Why should we make it easy for any shitskin to move here? You have to prove you're not going to be a welfare nigger or else what's the point. Fucking entitled beaners.

They're generalizing from a really bad example, but it does in fact take really long time and a lot of money to become a US citizen, IIRC the average time from first application to naturalization is like 10 years and Christ knows how many dollars. The backlog of green card applications is like 25 million or 25 years or something absurd like that, because the immigration system in this country is a bureaucratic nightmare and can't do anything in an efficient, timely fashion.

I'll marry a Mexicana to let her become a US citizen, but she's gonna have to have dress up like a Twi'lek for me, like permanently tattoo'd bodypaint and lekku appendages.

You wanna become a citizen, right?

The United States is one of the EASIEST countries to emigrate to, legally.
It gives out 1,000,000 visas each YEAR, for different applications under cause; student visa, work visa, etc. Then more if you have a sponsor or are one of a bunch of different classes.

After the applications for cause, the US also gives out 250,000 green cards by a LOTTERY if you have no good reason to be in the US and aren't qualified under one of the causes.

There is no limit to asylum claims, but asylum is defined as political asylum--where your country wants to execute you just for your political beliefs etc., and you run to the border.
There is no way to immigrate legally just because you are greedy and want more money and benefits.

"Your parents are retards."

It takes several years, but during that time you can be a permanent resident and keep renewing like these faggots probably did. Probably after the 10th time renewing they realized that for about the same price they can become an actual citizen and not have to keep paying to renew. So yes, your parents are fucking taco nigger brainlets.

Only poor Latinos don’t have US citizenship . Everybody in my family has dual citizenship and some have never even went to the USA . I have it and only been once

Why do so many Mexicans come here? Mexico is shitty in some parts but so is the US. I went to Mexico City and it was actually pretty comfy.

>still has a Mexican flag next to his name
wow I wonder why his parents wanted to be Americans so badly. I’m sure it has nothing to do with the welfare benefits

I don't know how hard it is, but my father is currently figuring out how to do it. He's an Australian citizen but has been a legal resident in the u.s. for like 30 years at this point. The only reason he's doing it is because he's concerned that he could be fucked out of social security money that he has paid into since he has been here if he isn't a citizen.

It is only that bad for certain countries (like Mexico, India & China) when you don't include marriages to citizens.

Fake news, the diversity lottery is limited to 50,000 a year.

like 10 years unless you exploit some loopholes. Its pretty fucked.

Yes, it is very hard to get into United States legally.
You have to go through their state department screening first, pay $250 fee for every visa application and interview and it depends on the mood the the interviewer if you get the visa or not. Your chance of getting the visa is 0% if the interviewer is a woman, especially if she's a democrat because they like to play gods with other people's lives and money.
No, I am not even talking about getting a permanent resident card but just to get a traveling/visiting visa.

You know just enough to be dangerous. You need to do a lot more reading.

Spics shouldn't be allowed at all, these mongrels are subhuman

Yeah well thats the system we have. Doesnt mean you can just break the law. If the process was pay a dollar and chug a beer, no one would come here illegally.

Attached: 1563142655484.jpg (400x533, 24K)

It's literally a matter of hiring a lawyer and filing your forms, assuming he didn't do something to disqualify himself during his residency.

It only took about a year for my mom and I to become residents and a couple of g's. Coming from near poverty, it took a while to save up the dough, but that was our goal we worked towards and we are now proud citizens!

Knew a bunch of old boomers who went to the Philippines and brought back flips in no time because they got married. That's how they get the shitskins here, by getting gullible dipshit race traitors to marry them in

>nigger speak
>gets US citizenship easily
yup, checks out

I don't think you need a lawyer to do it for you, do you? All he mentioned is a bunch of paperwork and documentation so far. It seems strange that a lawyer would be required to gain citizenship if you meet the requirements.

>emigrate to
retard

Yeah. That's bullshit
Unless you entered country legally but then fucked up your documents.
Also, they spent this time trying to get the citizenship themselves or did someone forced them to do it?
I bet they weren't forced to do it, so why their retarded offspring is whining about it?
Oh maybe because he is a privileged piece of shit that never had to try and better himself.

>it only took a year
sounds fake as fuck what country and what sped up your process here Ill put on a flag to so you notice me

There was that crippled Jew who posted on Plebbit a while ago that he got his citizenship in 2 and a half year.
So I think if you dig deep into it, the answer is gonna be Jews again.

I would simply because USCIS is pushing back on almost everyone and you simply don't know the statutes, regulations or precedents that may be applicable in a given situation.

At a minimum, I would consult a US immigration lawyer. If it were my dad, I would find him an immigration lawyer and spend the $1,500 or whatever to have a hired gun ready for the pushback.

Mom probably married a citizen and the child was given a derivative green card.

Actual Green Card holder here

First you have to have a valid reason to ask for permanent residency, you can't just say "I want it" (marriage, family, you won the green card lottery) Everything else will just give you a temporary visa with or without work permit.

Then you have to fill out hundreds of pages of paperwork in ridiculously minute detail, if you get anything wrong, you have to redo the ENTIRE form again. Some forms are 2 pages, some are 60.

Know to bring all your important documents translated, legalized and apostilled in advance, you better be sure you know exactly which documents you'll need too, cause if you're missing one it's back to your country to get it. (that's another $2000 plane ticket, assuming you can even go back. And you can be blocked from re-entry at any airport for any reason still.) It isn't possible any longer to contact an immigration official directly either. You have to go through their website, get an appointment, wait 2-3 months, and THEN ask in person if you have any questions. The forums and public information is confusing as fuck, so either do that, hire a lawyer, or brush up on your legalese.

Pay $6000 out of pocket just to get your documents in the system. Wait a year for them to get back to you.

Pay out of pocket and drive two hours to get your biometrics taken. Except you can't get a license so you better have someone to drive you or be ready to pay a $200 uber/6 hour train ride/etc.

Wait another 6 months for your FIRST interview, where all you've done and proven doesn't matter and the interviewer can deport you if they don't like you. Your appointment will get to you by mail and it's unmovable.

ACTUALLY EVERYTHING IS BY MAIL SO I HOPE YOU CAN STAY WHERE YOU ARE FOR OVER 2 YEARS. Because otherwise it's another 6 forms to move locations, and another year to process it.

At this point you might get your work permit. Oh yeah, you are not legally allowed to work until you get that. Hope you have lots of money.

cont.

Now you have to renew your green card AND your drivers license every 6 months until the SECOND interview.

I have been waiting for mine for over 2 years, a lot of people have been waiting for longer. What does the second interview do? it lets you renew your green card once every 10 years instead of once every 6 months. That's it. There's also a very limited number of places where you can renew it, so unless you live in a major city, you're fucked.

After that, if you wait 10 more years, you can APPLY to become a citizen. Read again. You can APPLY.

That's the gist of it, and also, that's the easy way. I got married here, I'm white, young, saved up for years to afford everything, male, reasonably attractive and smart and I speak perfect English. If you do anything else or are trying to bring in family too it only gets exponentially harder and more expensive. Basically I hope you, an immigrant, are rich, have a solid place to stay, don't need to work while you stay and have someone to petition for you and go to the interviews and claim responsibility for you.

Remember at any time you can get deported for nearly any reason if you commit ANY crime. This includes traffic violations like red lights or just getting on the bad side of the wrong cop, or someone with a friend in ICE not liking you being his neighbor.

Also you better hope and pray you know perfect english, because no one will give a single shit about your case if you don't, and all the forms are in english. If you don't you are expected to hire and pay for translators for every single step of the way.

Open to questions.

This is exaggerating in many places but in essence accurate.

Cuckuzuela. Took a year to become a resident, citizenship took about 10 years. My mom pushed deep to get the residency papers through, I guess it helped that it was prior to 9/11, and that she was educated, had Master's degree, and was a university instructor back in the shit land.

She started dating my step dad within that year, but they weren't married when we got that green card.

That must mean we’re full.

so your mom was sponsored by her employer or was she just at the top of her profession?

Why bother becoming a citizen. I know a guy who has been here illegally for 27 years, nobody's coming for him.

No, she got a temporary visa with a work permit. That took awhile to get and was a good chunk of money.

I thought people south of our border had trouble even getting approved for residency but you said pre 9/11 and I was like in idk 2nd grade so I guess things could have been different
>also I took off my meme flag

Your friend doesn't sound like he has an option to naturalize anyway, so that makes his choice pretty easy.

Well you still had to transition to green cards at some point. Just curious how.

There is no problem. Just jump the fucking border lol!

My dad is way fuckin' smarter and resourceful than I am, I need his help with shit, not the other way around lol.

A lot of paper work, some interviews, and a decent immigration lawyer. I was in 4th grade, so I wasn't fully aware of a lot of the process itself. The major thing I remember is the lawyer telling me that if I got good grades, it would help our case. Not sure if that was true or not.

Because there are a fuckton of them and we don't have that much room. The whole point of immigration process was making sure they don't fuck up demographics. If it takes 25 years to get into the US, that's their clue to fucking fix where they are instead.

Took my mom,bro and sister average if 10 years each.

Honestly they hate this open border shit cuz it spits in the work they did

>Fix where they are

Lmao you're a fucking dumbass.

>Live in a piece of shit third world country
>Not born to the elite few already cemented in power/mixed in with the worldwide drug cartel.
>Actually smart enough to tell what's wrong and who's at fault
>Immediately realize if you try to change anything, both elites and plebs will hate you and you'll probably end up suicided.
>Decide to gtfo somewhere you have a chance at life not swallowing the bitterest blackpill there is.

I just summarized 99% of legal immigrants to you.

Yep, which is why we shouldn't be admitting immigrants at all.

Except most legal immigrants are actually extremely committed to making their communities a better place and actually having the positive impact they can't have in their country. I've seen it hundreds of times. I volunteer in my community and the only other people that do are in similar situations. At the very least they don't want to cause trouble, they pay taxes that don't benefit them in any way and they support their families.

Illegal immigrants are a whole fucking different breed. Most of those guys are animals.

No one has a right to come here. Fuck.

We should have no immigration.

How is that fucked? It should take 100 years.

So fucking what. Stay home then.

>having the positive impact they can't have in their country
Bullshit. They will have the MOST impact in their own communities back home. What you mean to say is they won't have the same comfort there as they will here, but the impact they make on that country will last for potentially generations. We don't need more people here, but they need more quality people there.

Westerns don't understand , they are minds can't comprehend what it's like to live in a shithole and having all your hopes and dreams crushed by the system.
You keep lowering the bar for your dreams but it's never enough , you can always go lower , rock bottom after rock bottom

They feel entitled to it. Fuck those tacows

>Is the process really THIS difficult?

No.

>Especially for Mexicans?
Well maybe.

>What makes it take so long and cost so much?
Too many people trying to enter legally. So its faster to pay more to get smuggled in and work without paying taxes. They can always borrow a social security number, use ine if their families identity to get hired or get drivers licenses.

We understand we just don’t want our home to be a shithole. Shitholes are shitholes because of the shitholers that occupy them. In other words, you can take the shitholer out of the shithole but you can’t take the shithole out of the shitholer.

It's not because it's a nightmare, there are just too many applicants. We admit over a million every year. If anything change the categories

COPE

Um no sweetie go kys

> now the price for naturalization is $725. Why would I consider paying more than that?

Attached: My Offer is This.jpg (640x368, 30K)

"American Exceptionalism" -- Condensed

Attached: 1481265154303.png (719x699, 519K)

>People realize they are living in a shithole
>Don't want to live in a shithole
>Try to better the shithole
>The shithole wants to be a shithole and everyone else has accepted it
>Contemplate suicide or leave
>"You can't come in because you'll turn this place into a shithole"
>Contemplate suicide once again

>25 years
So they were mooching leeches for a couple decades before they finally decided to just become citizens of the country they were living in?

Shit, considering that there's a 25 year long queue waiting, you'd think there would be enough of them to actually change something if they actually worked at it.

Trump is Tearing Families Apart!
This girl should be with her parents in adult prison!

Attached: 1565329292980.jpg (1266x1241, 1.07M)

The queue is not 25 years, there's an arbitrary waiting period of 10 years after the 5 year process to get your residency to apply for citizenship. That process can last another 10 years. It's not that they're that overloaded, just a lot of arbitrary waiting times and bureaucracy.

It's not even about how shit people are in countries they immigrate from. It's all about why should citizens have their taxes spent on helping these people. We have many retards here in eastern europe, legit braindead animals, but at least we all agree on why we shouldn't import immigrants. How are white people in USA pro illegal immigrants is beyond my comprehension

It's not arbitrary, dumbass. There's a reason it's that long, but it should be shut down altogether. The U.S. isn't a black hole that can just continually take in the never-ending stream of thirdworlders for the rest of eternity. It's like trying to save someone from drowning while they're thrashing around in the water. It's just going to get us all fucked. Those timeframes are a deterrent.

Ways to immigrate legally to the U.S.:
You need $500,000 if you invest in a shithole.
or
You need $1,000,000 if you invest not in a shithole.
or
You need relatives who are American citizens already aka "chain immigration". This is probably the easiest way and is why we have tons of people from south of the border. The Reagan amnesty combined with programs like TPS have helped create generations of legal immigrants that can now chain in others.
or
You win the "diversity visa lottery". Many nations do not qualify for this but check the list. It's actually a reasonable option if you're European, especially Eastern Europe.

That's pretty much it. Certainly specialized careers have a path I think but most people just find an American to marry.

If you are already married or do not want to be married and don't have a million dollars and are not a brain surgeon or similar then you have no option other than hoping you win the diversity visa lottery.

What queue? There is no queue much less a 25 year one. Seriously, though, what is the path to citizenship that involves a queue? I have never heard of it.

And getting the residency is really the hard part. Once you have that you're golden.

because it should cost that much and take that long

>Hurrdurr deterrent
>hurrdurr keep america pure and strong

Any number of legal, hardworking immigrants would not cause nearly as much damage as Americans have done to themselves on any timeframe. Look at your communities with the least amount of immigrants, blacks.

Those are all American too.

I don't mean a literal line people are standing in. You apply for immigration legally and that process takes time. My point is that if you're trying to emigrate to the US for a "better life" or whatever, those average wait times of years should be your clue that maybe the best bet is to start working to make your current place better, not run to someplace that's already been made better by others.

It should be hard to get citizenship. I don't want every piece of third world trash being able to claim citizenship in a year or two.

It should be harder and longer tbqh, especially for spics.

Do you think people are stupid? Or do you just not realize a place can be so bad that even if you have to wait 5-10-25 years to get into somewhere else, it's still worth it. People would not try to immigrate with all the deterrents in place if they were not from such horrible places that there is literally no way to stay and have any sort of fulfilling life.

Waiting 25 years for citizenship is preferable to getting your head chopped off because the local warlord/drug dealer didn't like the way you looked at him or you weren't able to pay that month's protection money.

>millions of people want their shithole to be a better place
>none of them fight for change or do anything, instead flee like cowards

If spics banded together and started a revolution, they might make some progress. But instead they run away from their problems to America.. And turn their noses up at the people here who help them. Viva la Raza!

It's got nothing to do with purity. You'll notice I didn't take the ethnonationalist tack ANYWHERE in my post. taking int he number of thirdworlders we take in is ENTIRELY unsustainable socially and economically. That is irrefutable, but keep up the retarded strawman.

If Americans fuck each other up for the next century, that is their right to do so. They won't, but that's part of what national sovereignty is. No immigrant has the right to come here. Not on humanitarian grounds, not on equity ground, not on any grounds.

>Every immigrant is from the same city

Attached: 3d293558808a334b9060752131b49865.png (186x353, 136K)

No, that is not how it works. At all. You cannot simply "apply for immigration". There is no line.

As a foreign citizen of, say, Norway, who does not have any American relatives and works as, say, a pasty chef, there is nothing you can apply for other than a diversity visa that gives you a path to citizenship.

Your next best bet would be a short term work visa and marry an American while you're here.

Incidentally tons of latinos are not here on a path to citizenship. They are on "Temporary Protected Status". They can't become citizens but they don't have to leave (yet). Granted if they marry an American or have a child and wait 21 years, then they have a route.

Cartels cartels cartels.. Every spic is scared of the big bad cartels. Why are there so many cartels in latin america? Because spics are violent and degenerate by nature.

I think a large portion of people are stupid, yes. Have you looked at global populations? What makes you think that's going to slow down at any point? If a place is a shithole, there's a reason it's a shithole and that shithole making more and more people who just try to go someplace better only makes a fucking untenable mess of the rest of the world.

You know what happens when enough people get tired of it? They fix things. That doesn't happen when a large portion of your most unsatisfied citizens are leaving the country to go somewhere else. those countries remain shitholes because we take people in from them. Make them stay. Make them fight if they have to. Welcome to reality - where things can be harsh and unfair.

Indian looking mexicans here because they are looked at like niggers compared to mestizos and castizos.

>I should have the ability to leave and make sure my life is great
Nigger there are millions of Mexicans right now in America that are "legal", you think they should stay here when they have the numbers, the money, and the knowledge on not only removing the Mexican government, but replacing with with America 2.0 and making sure no one else from Mexico has to suffer? It's not one or two of you trying to immigrate, its literal millions of you fucking taco niggers. Storm your capital and take your country back. Don't storm ours and take spots that don't belong to you.

Are you retarded? The entire thread is about the long wait times for people to secure a place in the US. Whether they are already physically here or not is irrelevant, because that's not what we're talking about. MY point beyond that is we shouldn't be giving ANY chances for these people to leave their home countries, because all it does is prolong the horrible conditions THERE and creates conditions for MORE people to try to come HERE (likely illegally) later on. You only bail water long enough to get the leak fixed. It's not a solution in itself.

It took my mother 5 months as a French Canadian. She stayed in her country until it was verified. Not difficult.

Wouldn't have taken them so long if they didnt have 5 keedz!

>mongolia

>dude it takes too long to do it legally so that means I can break the law lmao
Worst part is that I've seen that argument made word for word. Like how do you not expect people to immigrate illegally when the legal system is this unreasonable to go through?