Reminder that it's a sin to eat meat on Fridays

Only fish can be eaten today and on all Fridays of the year except the first Friday after Easter, when meat has to be eaten.

>Can. 1250 The penitential days and times in the universal Church are every Friday of the whole year and the season of Lent.

>Can. 1251 Abstinence from meat, or from some other food as determined by the Episcopal Conference, is to be observed on all Fridays, unless a solemnity should fall on a Friday. Abstinence and fasting are to be observed on Ash Wednesday and Good Friday.

Good bless.

Attached: fish.jpg (474x474, 26K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7oiNOZDFooc
religionnews.com/2017/11/13/catholic-bishops-take-on-racism-in-society-and-the-church/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I refuse to eat any kind of fish, its disgusting, I'd rather eat no meat on Friday then

Fuck you ape, I'll eat what ever I wanr.

op ,you are retarded.
lent is over, people do that for lent.
fish is meat.

Oceans are being overfished heavily. You probably should avoid eating fish huehuehue-kike.

Don't blame you, the fish there is fucking disgusting. Guess that's what happened being landlocked with only the black sea to fish in.

You can fuck right off with your middle eastern jewish cult brown subhuman

Retarded christ demon and his inane fetish complete and total control over every aspect of humanity. How about no. I'll eat a burger today, because fuck your desert religion brainwash.

Dietary laws done away with in New Testament friend.

read the canon, user.

Reminder that the church considers capibara to be fish because they have to make loopholes out of their own rules

Attached: 1565278778153.png (456x740, 48K)

This is why I ownly eat Jews.

I eat meat to celebrate Freya's Day. I eat meat to celebrate the day of the Sun, the Moon, Tyrs day, Odins day, Thors day too. You worship my gods whether you eat fish or meat by naming your days of the week after them Christcuck. Keep Jewing for your Jew.

Wtf is Can?

that was in the middle ages, and back then the Church forbade meat consumption for most of the year, so people got creative.

anyway, eating fish is healthy and it's recommended by the experts.

How is fish not meat? Never understood that one

Sea food in general is cold blooded and, with the exception of wales and dolphins, do not reproduce sexually, nor are mammals. So the rules don't apply to them.

Is it because all of your fish swim through communist era industrial runoff?

He's absolutely right though.
You're uninformed and should stay quiet.

It's a rule instituted by the HRCC; it's not a dietary law; it's a penance.

Meat used to be much more expensive and was seen as a luxury food. One of the ways you can fast is by eating less expensive foods.
Eating too much expensive foods is also seen as part of gluttony btw.

Whales, dolphins, etc are considered fish by God. I'm not entirely sure but you're free to eat these on fridays.

You mean people found ways and loopholes around the rules they themselves made
>enjoy your mercury poison brah
Im actually free to eat whatever I desire. Even by biblical standards, the dietary restrictions of the old testament are gone. Lent is not required to go to heaven

Attached: 1564609245803.png (297x767, 161K)

I'm so happy to see Catholics on Jow Forums. I feel like the Catholic Church, if mentioned at all, just gets bashed by non-Christians and the other denominations.

You're free to do what ever you want, you're not free of the consequences.

Again: it's not a dietary law; it's a penance.
If you're a Catholic, you sin; if you're not a Catholic, not eating meat isn't the problem you should be concerned about.

ITS ACTUALLY NOT

Where in the bible does it say you cannot eat meat? Where does it list it from god as a sin?

Does not seem to be biblical. At least to me.

Matthew 15:11 King James Version (KJV)
>11 Not that which goeth into the mouth defileth a man; but that which cometh out of the mouth, this defileth a man.

Romans 14:2-3 King James Version (KJV)
>2 For one believeth that he may eat all things: another, who is weak, eateth herbs.

>3 Let not him that eateth despise him that eateth not; and let not him which eateth not judge him that eateth: for God hath received him

Romans 14:13-15 King James Version (KJV)
>13 Let us not therefore judge one another any more: but judge this rather, that no man put a stumblingblock or an occasion to fall in his brother's way.

>14 I know, and am persuaded by the Lord Jesus, that there is nothing unclean of itself: but to him that esteemeth any thing to be unclean, to him it is unclean.

>15 But if thy brother be grieved with thy meat, now walkest thou not charitably. Destroy not him with thy meat, for whom Christ died.

Romans 14:19-23 King James Version (KJV)
>19 Let us therefore follow after the things which make for peace, and things wherewith one may edify another.

>20 For meat destroy not the work of God. All things indeed are pure; but it is evil for that man who eateth with offence.

>21 It is good neither to eat flesh, nor to drink wine, nor any thing whereby thy brother stumbleth, or is offended, or is made weak.

>22 Hast thou faith? have it to thyself before God. Happy is he that condemneth not himself in that thing which he alloweth.

>23 And he that doubteth is damned if he eat, because he eateth not of faith: for whatsoever is not of faith is sin.

Roman's 14: 5-6
>5 One person considers one day more sacred than another; another considers every day alike. Each of them should be fully convinced in their own mind. 6 Whoever regards one day as special does so to the Lord. Whoever eats meat does so to the Lord, for they give thanks to God; and whoever abstains does so to the Lord and gives thanks to God.

Only Cucktholocism considers their dogma to be equivalent to Scripture.

This is actually incredibly based. Fish has been removed from our diet in favour of meat but fish is healthier. The Lord wouldn't make such silly arbitrary rules, so go away with those you kike, but eating fish is incredibly good.

>chinks and other subhumana don't care about the overfishing so Europe should stop eating fish :^)
no. Subhumans should stop overfishing. Europeans have absolutely nothing to do with it.

Please reread:
"It's a rule instituted by the HRCC; it's not a dietary law; it's a penance."
Some goes for It's not a question of WHAT YOU EAT IN AND OFF ITSELF.
>"thou mayest know how thou oughtest to behave thyself in the house of God, which is THE CHURCH OF THE LIVING GOD, THE PILLAR AND GROUND OF TRUTH."
>"So you must be careful to do everything they tell you. But do not do what they do, for they do not practice what they preach."
>"the days will come, when the bridegroom shall be taken away from them, and then shall they fast in those days."

There are multiple New Testament verses, COMMANDING YOU to do penance.
For example: "Bring forth therefore
fruits meet for repentance."

Also; the Old testament (given as an example) gives clear instructions on nationwide fasts.

Only heretics consider their tradition over the tradition of the first Christians; and in fact all Christians; before their cult arrived on the scene.

Attached: wrekt.jpg (500x679, 136K)

If the church commanded you to jump off a bridge as penance, would you?

Lol dutchbro

Europeans are heavily involved in that shit, just not as badly as chinks or japs.

You follow the chain of authority.
Where does the Church get its authority?
Does the higher authority approve of what the executive authority commands you to do?
Would it be sinful to jump of a bridge?
Then no, don't jump of the bridge.

If your husband tells you to go whore yourself out, would you?

There is no god. I’m a pescetarian so having fish tonight anyway.

Because the pope’s family were fish mongers and times were tough, people were eating too little fish and they were going broke, so the pope turned fish into a vegetable to save his family’s fortune.

The bible explicitly says its fine to eat meat, but this 'higher authority' overwrites it? How is that any different?
>is it a sin to eat meat?
>god: no
>church niggas: HOL UP

"in Venezuela, capybara meat is popular during Lent and Holy Week as the Catholic Church previously issued special dispensation to allow it to be eaten"

>special dispensation

Wow it's almost like it's perfectly fine to eat meat as long as these men say so

>is it a sin to eat meat?
>god: no
>church niggas: HOL UP, we'll use it to fast periodically
>Heretic niggas: HOL UP, can't tell me what to do
>Jezus:
"if they refuse to listen even to the church, treat them as you would a pagan or a tax collector.
Truly I tell you, whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven."

Yes; as I've said 3 separate times now.
You're free to eat meat; unless the Church commands you not to. If you do eat meat; despite the command; you sin; not because you eat meat; but because you disobey the authority God has placed over you.

>The absolute state of proties.
Now excuse, I am going to eat a lomo saltado tonight

Jesus was friends with the tax collectors. Also acording to OP, its not periodically, its yearround. What do you make of that?

do nigger feet count as meat?

Attached: 1560107339048.jpg (615x409, 46K)

Every week is a period of time; so it's periodically.

Yes, the bible tells us Jesus was friends with tax collectors... The bible also tells us: "They will be tormented with burning sulfur in the presence of the holy angels and of the Lamb. And the smoke of their torment will rise for ever and ever." So... Jesus being around you doesn't really prove anything per say.

>Jesus: treat them as you would the tax collectors
>not: sentence them to damnation, because that's gods job

>god: its okay to eat meat
>church: LOLE except for 95% of the year !

>god: I am the creator of all things, it is okay to eat meat
>church: *BUZZER* axkchually we have more authority

"sentence them to damnation, because that's gods job"
Not what I said; I'm not trying to be insulting; but you should work on trying to understand what people are trying to tell you. If it doesn't make sense, you're probably misunderstanding them.

>except for 95% of the year !
Actually it's closer to 10 to 20% (A tithe as it were. Also something biblical...)

Also, not something I've said nor implied nor meant; this is why I'm advising you to reread until you understand what I'm trying to tell you.

Does Taco Bell count?

6 out of the 7 days =/= 20%

>if it dosent make sense you probaby don't understand it.
That's a mighty tall assumption, here's a better hypothosis: that person isnt making sense

40 days of lent; every friday =/= 95% of the year.

40+52 = 92 = 25%

Well; you can either believe that or you can believe me when I tell you that you're misunderstanding my own words.
I think the pride here is plain to see.

Just because you keep saying dumb shit, repeating will not turn retarded into smart.
Not understanding the Jesus objective ‘and retarded enough to lecture on Christianity, or just a troll?

Easter is over, monkey boy.

>"Just because you keep saying dumb shit, repeating will not turn retarded into smart."

If you want to believe that's what happening; fine; but you're only making a fool out of yourself.

Attached: All so tiresome.jpg (492x449, 48K)

So that's 75% that the church is imposing on god, not 20%, you fucking walloon

Amaai; de ergste belediging eerst. lol

Nee; mijn simpele vriend, 100% vrij min 25% verplicht vasten is 75% vrij.
Maar het lijkt me duidelijk dat uw trots u verblindt van zelfs de meest simpele logica en daarbij wiskunde.

Nog een fijne dag verder.

Attached: Flemish.png (3000x3000, 757K)

>Only Cucktholocism considers their dogma to be equivalent to Scripture
Roman Cucktholocism thinks their dogmas made up in the 1800's overrides scripture

How can RCC that broke off from the rest of the church in 1054 be in line a session?

Reminder that there's no god, no such thing as sin, and I'll be grilling fat, ince thick steaks for dinner.

Alright ill admit I fucked up, maybe I *didn't* read the op clearly enough, I thought he said meat was banned on every day except Fridays
But my point from earlier was it dosent seem right that the church infringes upon gods law

Attached: IMG_20190131_121438.jpg (1564x1564, 878K)

How is fish not meat?

>Apostolic succession is the method whereby the ministry of the Christian Church is held to be derived from the apostles by a continuous succession, which has usually been associated with a claim that the succession is through a series of bishops.

The pope is in line with Peter, thus there is succession.

> it dosent seem right that the church infringes upon gods law

"Truly I tell you, whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven."
"So then, brothers and sisters, stand firm and hold fast to the teachings we passed on to you, whether by word of mouth or by letter."

Answered in the thread

I have the same instinct as Peter when I see this, it repulses me to my very core.
But what is more; God washing the feet of men; or a white man washing the feet of niggers?

Ooof, i think fish will be the least of your worries come judgement day

The retarded calling me a fool, kek
Listen retard, theologically:
Jesus existed to remove the gatekeepers from the path to salvation.

Man made law.
God doesn’t care

The Catholic Church in a nutshell:
>surrender your life and moneys to the humans in Rome.
>No you can't translate the Bible, you must get your daily bread from intellectuals who know better. (give us power over your life)
>transubstantiation is real, anointing oil goes up to heaven and is blessed before being rubbed on the head of those it anoints. (give us power over your life)
>No you cannot study the earth and all its glory and you cannot rebel against the Pope, the Bible says so and you can't read it, can you? (give us power over your life)

The Catholic church is obsolete. Martin Luther was absolutely correct in throwing off such shackles.

Attached: origin.jpg (2973x1673, 519K)

>come judgement day
Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.

If you fast; only the fridays; in 40 years you will have fasted 2080 days (>5 years) for the repentance of sins.
The HRCC is wise to make us do it.

>The retarded calling me a fool, kek
Listen retard
>the gatekeepers from the path to salvation.
>Listen retard

whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.

May God bless you and free you of all impurities.

Attached: Julius.jpg (220x276, 14K)

Thanks NWO, and may God one day grant you both a soul and a brain

jesus never mentioned this
your religion is the synagogue of satan

Without fish, you can’t get your Omega 3s and testosterone up to manlike levels.

Attached: FD43A043-B76F-47B1-A3C4-1707FC406885.jpg (940x500, 109K)

>surrender your life and moneys to God
>you can translate the Bible; just make sure it's correct so people still use it after you're dead (unlike luthers version)
>transubstantiation is real: “Truly, truly, I tell you, unless you eat the flesh and drink the blood of the Son of Man, you have no life in you. 54Whoever eats My flesh and drinks My blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day. 55For My flesh is real food, and My blood is real drink.

ftfy*

pic

Attached: Eclair.jpg (1069x903, 323K)

God literally did wash man's feet. I think you are going to need a few more years for repentance for going against the church's stance on racism.

>stance on racism
Actually, the HRCC is very pro-nationalism and tribalism if you read the tradition.
Also; humility is defined as recognizing the objective truth. The objective truth is that there are races and that races differ. There is no sin in recognizing this.

The reason the picture of the pope repulses me is its context. If he had done this in africa I wouldn't have cared one bit.

I'm assuming this thread is intended to demonstrate the retardation of religious idiots. I support your effort, monkey flag.

Not for me, I'm not religious

trek het u niet aan jong, 't is moar nen amerikoan
dommer et je ni en heeft em goe aangetoont. *leute*

youtube.com/watch?v=7oiNOZDFooc

Humans are not God. No human being on this planet represents the words of the Creator, because humans are not part of the Trinity.
Who says one's translation is correct or incorrect? The Catholic Church executed many people for disagreeing with them. The bread is for everyone, not those who can only read Latin, Greek, etc.
Communion is more of a spiritual rather than a terrestrial thing. Going slightly off-topic, if eating flesh is real, why did the Spaniards crack down on Aztec rituals like they did? Are they not one and the same? They ate flesh to be closer to their beliefs, did they not?
Fill me with all the love you have but I shan't surrender my direct link to the heavens because the Pope says so.

>*buys the filet-o-fish*

Attached: boomertime.png (746x862, 168K)

Wrong
religionnews.com/2017/11/13/catholic-bishops-take-on-racism-in-society-and-the-church/

>Humans are not God.
yet jesus said to be as perfect as god

actually, I can get omega 3 from krill oil, also I have no problem takign fish based omega 3 pills, I undertsant how important it is for the brain, I just find any fish meat absolutely disgusting

>Tfw having fish for dinner today

Attached: 1551218828235.jpg (750x699, 49K)

thought of the same thing user lmao

nah, for example, even the mcdonalds fish which is imported, heavily artificial and filled to the brim with sugar, even there I can taste that distinct slimy taste of fish meat, something in my brain makes me 100% aversed to fish, thats why I turn to omega 3 krill oil or just regular fish oil pills

You forgot Wednesdays, the Apostles fast, the Nativity fast, the Dormition fast, and Holy Week.

Attached: 20180401_232503.png (1080x1578, 2.45M)

>Who says one's translation is correct or incorrect?
The ones who decided what books would together make up the bible would be a good authority...

>Are they not one and the same?
No... If you study the OT you'll see that you have to eat the sacrifice for the testament to be valid.

"Which indeed is the least of all seeds: but when it is grown, it is the greatest among herbs, and becometh a tree, so that the birds of the air come and lodge in the branches thereof."
The age of apostasy might very well be apon us; thank God we have tradition.

>wat als Katholieken fanatieker waren
'k vind de clip niet meer

coat that shit in lemon pepper and seasoned salt and lime/lemon juice and force it down boy your body needs it

this. i would sooner die before eating any sea demon

*eats meat*

Attached: 1563881326227.jpg (576x653, 37K)

Holy week is part of lent...
Also; you're forgetting amber days, etc...
But I think it unwise to be serving meat to people who have problems swallowing milk.

i did eat cod with rice at noon

Change happens. Like how god said its cool to eat meat but eventually the church said "nah, even though you can ask to be forgiven, we are going to say you can't eat it at certain times because LOLE"

Always partake of a hotdog without a bun on a Friday, in honor of the Original Snub.

Fuck off Papist.
I can and will eat whatever I want on Friday.
And then I'll drink some bourbon laughing about your inability to read the bible yourself.

>being a christcuck
>being a papist
>recognizing the current "pope" as legitimate

it's spelled "cock"

Lent is the 40 days before Holy Week.

Forgiven, yes; but you still have to make it up.
In any other situation you'd find this normal; but for some reason people don't think God worthy of the same courtesy they give other human beings.

>I broke you window on purpose; please forgive me
>I forgive you; I forgo the punishment due to your malevolence; just pay me back the window.

No, you're mistaken because you're unaware that the sundays do not count as being part of the 40 days of fasting. The "40 days of lent" are actually 46 days.

It's cool, you can eat beavers. The church classed them as fish for some reason, which is kind of strange for an organisation so many gay pedophiles involved in it.

funniest reply in the thread by fay

Attached: mocking bird.jpg (2083x1786, 1.56M)

So you're saying that you should only obey the rules you agree with, gotcha.