Dunning–Kruger effect in practice

Why people who are not intelligent and experienced in a given field can be terribly self-confident , sometimes even falsely convinced of their own wisdom when really intelligent and experienced people can be full of doubts?

Do you agree with this hypothesis? Have you encountered or regularly encountered a similar false belief in your own wisdom and knowledge?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning–Kruger_effect

Attached: dunning-kruger_effect.jpg (1300x728, 45K)

Other urls found in this thread:

scientificamerican.com/article/is-intelligence-hereditary/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heritability_of_IQ
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albert_Einstein's_brain
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gell-Mann_amnesia_effect
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Fixed it to be more accurate for Jow Forums

Attached: Reality.png (1782x728, 162K)

There is nothing better than "Americanization" of certain concepts so that the average reader of the Internet could also understand them.

>psychoanalyzing a textboard discussion image board

Yea good luck with that

saved

Dont overreact . Any American after all, has already presented it in an understandable way so that everyone can understand it.

perfect demonstration is when a poltard sees info about holocaust and thinks he is smarter than all historians that studied it for years many hours per day

>Poltard
>Holocaust
Do you personally know any historians with a doctorate? Most are are fucking retards that couldn't cut an actual science major and have literally been caught lying about history collectively to protect tenyear.

All of native american history is a lie. The genitic history of huanity is still being largly ignored and supressed by main stream historians and ALL of the historical construction "theories" don't even pass the basic logic tests of people that work on large scale "mega" projects in modern times.

Sure, trust those people.

>reddit: the graph

Or when any marxist claims that "intelligence is a social construct", then he encounters an unpleasant for him knowledge that the world of true science.

scientificamerican.com/article/is-intelligence-hereditary/

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heritability_of_IQ

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albert_Einstein's_brain

Attached: The+heritability+of+IQ.jpg (1024x768, 98K)

>Wall of text
We're reaching reddit levels of meme mediocrity

Attached: pol.png (1782x728, 171K)

The absolute most defective, dangerous and retarded people I have ever met have all held PHDs. Today’s ‘experts’ are yesteryears rejects. Confidence has become more rewarded than competence in a world of self deluded retards

>Do you agree with this hypothesis? Have you encountered or regularly encountered a similar false belief in your own wisdom and knowledge?
This is even more interesting and also more common. I catch myself acting like this, too.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gell-Mann_amnesia_effect

>Briefly stated, the Gell-Mann Amnesia effect is as follows. You open the newspaper to an article on some subject you know well. In Murray's case, physics. In mine, show business. You read the article and see the journalist has absolutely no understanding of either the facts or the issues. Often, the article is so wrong it actually presents the story backward — reversing cause and effect. I call these the "wet streets cause rain" stories. Paper's full of them.

>In any case, you read with exasperation or amusement the multiple errors in a story, and then turn the page to national or international affairs, and read as if the rest of the newspaper was somehow more accurate about Palestine than the baloney you just read. You turn the page, and forget what you know.

It is also VERY visible on Jow Forums.
For example:
>Politicians always lie and cheat, but elections are legit

perfect example is you, an individual, posting on this site yet still thinking whatever you read is a unanimous opinion

Another example
>IQ is everything, but IQ was banned under the Nazis AND the Soviets

There's a graph with erection size vs age where i achieve maximum girth over a newborn baby boy.

Attached: 1565320761536.jpg (670x496, 48K)

Same gaslighting technique Blizzard uses on its consumers.

You know, I've seen that graph quite a few times now and I think you'd have to agree that it's not very objective or quantitative.

Holy fuck--I didn't think this thread would go anywhere and I'm so glad I was wrong.

This place is full of those people. They come here thinking they can red-pill and either leave in frustration or never go back to repeaddit.

What makes you think that? Explain it to me.

Attached: shocked emma stone.gif (500x248, 1.57M)

again a dense kraut conflating talking points

I dont care about it.