Any practicing catholic anons hanging around? I have a question

Any practicing catholic anons hanging around? I have a question.
I was baptised as an infant in a Methodist Church. I've spent the past several years as a believer in God, but not a real Christian. That old "anti-organized religion" meme.
Long story short: I feel called to become a Catholic.
Question: Can I become Catholic even though I'm a freemason?
I wish 4chins had a religion board, but we don't. I'm an oldfag on /pol, so this seemed the... ummm… "least inappropriate" board to pose the question. Maybe I'm just more comfortable here.
I know this will draw vitriol and trolling, but I'm happy to field any good-faith questions about my freemasonry experience and why I feel called to become Catholic.

Attached: catholic.jpg (2500x1612, 716K)

>Question: Can I become Catholic even though I'm a freemason?
KEK.
Uh, no.

It's a serious question. What if I leave the fraternity?

If you leave, and confess it as a sin, yeah.
Even the based SSPX* will take you then.

*the real Catholic Church

Yall be lovin on that B B C huh?

I be fuckin white women with my bbc playboy

SSPX. What is their standing within the Church? They basically anti-reform, right? Anti-Vatican II?

Why did you even join freemasonry? Maybe that was important 200 years ago but is just Larry today. If you want to get active for freedom today then join American Identity Movement.

Then Yes you can come home brother. Join the knights of Columbus instead.

I missed having fellowship. I like the ritual. I didn't believe in revealed scripture.
The masons have a lot of shit we tacked on to scripture that we all know is just allegory. In fact, most of the degrees of the Scottish Rite (degrees 4 thru 32) are outright called Allegories.
The Catholics regard Masonry as a parallel religion, but nobody in it regards it as a religion at all. 90% of the members are members of an actual church of some sort - almost all Protestant.

That’s the gist I get. I am getting back to the church. There are programs that I am trying to look into I was baptized and receive communion. I was never confirmed though and want to be. So if any user knows what process that takes I am all years. I go to church every Sunday have been for a month. About to move unfortunately so I will have to find a new church.

Hey user, how do I go about the confirmation process and once confirmed is it possible to join this? Also what is the deal with Opus Dei?

I hear you. I like how Catholics say "come home" or "welcome home".
It's difficult to let go of Masonry, though. I have a lot of great friends I made there. Being in it, I feel like the mistrust Catholics (and the whole fucking Internet, for that matter) has of masonry is unjustified.

SSPX is a bunch of LARPers who can't accept that when Jesus built his Church on the see of Peter that he gave Peter the KEYS to lead the flock. The Pope called Vatican II, the Pope changed the liturgy. The Tridentine mass was an invention created as part of the counter reformation. Liturgical rites have evolved for millenia and SSPX wants to pretend that every evolution until the 1960s was legitimate but nothing after.

practicing catholic here, and freemason you ok

You should definitely join. You need to find a RCIA program (Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults), that will take a few months and usually you will be brought into the Church at Easter (April), depending.

Be aware we are currently in the stages of letting the boomer fucks die out so you may encounter retarded barely-protestant people in the Church, frequently. But like another user said, either you can wait it out like the rest of us normies or just skip and join SSPX/ go to FSSP.

Really all you need to stick it out is a decent Mass every Sunday with a not-retarded homily (sermon) which offers confession. Doesn't have to be Latin Mass, though tis better.

I recommend looking for a religious order's personal chapel for Mass. They don't have parish fucking councils so they missed a lot of that gay shit.

Dominus vobiscum user.

What about Jewish subversion though? Is it possible that the Catholic church resisted for centuries and finally lost crucial ground at Vatican II?
I'm just throwing it out there as a devil's advocate question.
I get the impression that I have to give up Masonry to join the Church at all, so the last thing I want to do is go a blasphemous route once I make the move.

Yeah don't be mistaken. It is a sin to be a freemason and you must fully sever ties to become catholic.

John Paul II reversed the excommunication of the SSPX Bishops.
But stop and think: Vatican II changed all the church sacraments, and then the church went even farther and denounced the Latin Mass.
It's as if they're protestants. They just declared all the 2000 years before them heresy.
It's logically inconsistent. The Latin Mass must be valid.

>I recommend looking for a religious order's personal chapel for Mass.
Is this a thing? Can a layman join a religious order's personal chapel?

This is why Catholics are not allowed to associate with jews.

Most will allow the public to attend their masses, and it obviously counts as fulfilling your Sunday obligation.