FUCK travelling

>big cities
Wow the exact same dirty overcrowded cramped hive copy-pasted hundreds of times across the globe! I'm sure that at the end of your life you'll be happy you spent your limited time and money going to sardine-can like complexes to see slightly differing configurations of tall buildings, poor people slums, druggies at clubs, and trash-laden public transportation.
>go on hikes
Pointless walking around for hours, getting nowhere and achieving nothing except staring at some stupid trees and rocks and the "rare three-striped red finch" that looks exactly like a regular fucking finch but it has a tiny red line somewhere on its plumage and thus you have seen an amazing endangered beast and this thousand-dollar excursion is the "experience of a lifetime".
>muh museums, muh ruins
Any historical, architectural, or artistic value can easily be analyzed through a picture, which is all you'll have left anyways in a couple months or years. There's nothing you gain from actually seeing them except pointless, self-masturbatory egoism gained from feeling "cultured" (read : going to stare at some rocks for a couple hours and blowing your hard-earned money to give it to the tour guide, someone much smarter than you)
>muh food
An utter meme, what kind of double-digit moron gets excited over what is ultimately just a rearrangement of grain, meats, vegetables, and spices that will be shit out by you in a couple days anyways. If you willingly spend your money "travelling" to eat "exotic" food you could just drive 40 minutes to get you deserve to lose it.
>muh weather
Is there a more pathetic "argument"? You could be doing literally anything else, yet you go "travelling" to get an effect easily accomplished by turning the thermostat up or down a few notches or getting a humidifier.
>woahhh bro its a few degrees higher ugghhh i looovvvee travelling its so exotiiccc!!!

Attached: dumb_npc_cunt.jpg (907x510, 99K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/bI8uvSUAu8M
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second_Battle_of_Çatalca
stoiccompass.wordpress.com/2016/07/22/seneca-on-travelling/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Fag

Sup Hrvoje, a tourist fucked your sister?

people like to travel when their home looks like shit. tourists are the worst scum

Attached: index.jpg (225x225, 13K)

Do "living" next

I generally agree except for the wonders of nature. Seeing the Great Canyon is not on my long list of regrets.

Are you me bro?
Can't tell you how many times on dating apps you see literally the same photo (machupichu, paris, ect)
All the shit you described is Basic Bitch 101.
Throw in some scented candles and "Live laugh love" sign and you've cover about 99.9% of all women

>Great Canyon
It's not that great.

You had me until you started mocking food. Eating good food is unironically better than sex, and experiencing flavors and combinations you’ve never even thought of before gives life meaning.

youtu.be/bI8uvSUAu8M

Attached: andy-rooney.jpg (465x347, 37K)

>99.9% of all women
THis
i am so tired about that. all purpose in live is to TRAVEL and see some chinks or nigger. what a hapiness

I just tell people that I'm happy enough with my life that I don't need a break from it

>>a couple days anyways

You need fiber, Birdshit.

Honestly this.
Thread's over

Attached: TAKEEMOUT.png (886x610, 1.36M)

>everything is pointless
>t. another enlightened nihilist

Attached: index.jpg (211x239, 8K)

that was fucking retarded

Well you seem like a synical dick. Have fun with that m8

yes it is much more valuable to spend your time shitposting on Jow Forums than it is experiencing the world

Tell that to Anthony Bourdain

you're wrong though

You sound like a grumpy old man.

I’m guessing you’re referencing some celebrity.

ease up on the drugs

I work with a grumpy old man who got angry at his son because he went on 1 week vacation abroad. His arguments are similar to OPs

That's point. He complains like OP

>humans have 7 basic perceptions
>just look at pictures lmao
Imagine being this upset...

I'll be brief. Big cities are not copy/pasted and each one has something to offer in terms of layout. European cities especially are peak aesthetic often blending in nature and man-made with the use of bridges. See: Budapest. Maybe not visit cities devoid of character and architecture? Idk.

>go on hikes
Yes, you should, you fucking urbanite degenerate.

>muh museums, muh ruins
Then explain why, when I have seen the pyramids countless times on pictures, have played on pyramid levels in games, my reaction seeing them IRL was different? Is it because of a fresh new perspective? And yes, I prefer IRL to the pictures.

>muh food
I've travelled 8km on foot to eat from my favourite restaurant.

>muh weather
Good reason if you have winter off to bung off to a tropic location so you dont freeze your nuts off on the fucking balkans. We dont have extreme weather here, but I imagine some people up north would love it to be in Egypt during their winter.

It's at least Grand.

Well, you are wrong. Richest nations travel the most.

Post yfw realized all those women drink water too. Maybe you should stop. Imbecile.

I started travelling in 2015. I'm happy I visited Israel, the UK, Arab countries, Croatia and Slovenia, a total of ~17 with some repeats. I saw natural, man-made wonders, ate great food that's not readily available at home, I started meeting women whenever I pleased and they still keep in touch with me. I got out of many comfort zones and got to know myself and other people better. You're all salty fuckers.

Attached: 1539883165545.jpg (1601x1201, 422K)

Kek

Attached: 1545582039779.jpg (480x360, 22K)

cities are pretty shit I agree, but hiking, museums and food are awesome.
You seem to be really preoccupied with the opinion of others when forming opinions on these activities. You should find enjoyment in things based on your own reasons. Also you come off as someone who is really REALLY underage, 14-18 year old in my estimate, that's the age group who has this exact textbook opinion as you.

>imagine being this much of a soulless NPC

>I got out of many comfort zones and got to know myself and other people better.
Cool story bro.
Here's mine
Be mid 20
Start indie band, be lead singer
Tour US, south America, Europe
First time awesome
Second time cool
Third, 4th time whatever.
By then band splits
You know what the best part of traveling is: coming home

Can someone post this on /trv/ I cbf ban evading and don't want to get banned again.

Why are Americans like this? You weren't travelling, dipshit. You were touring. This is literally work. Just because you are physically moving doesn't mean you've travelled. In this context, it means tourism - visiting a place for purposes other than work, leisure. You can do this one of several ways-- city sightseeing, country side, or beach bumming, or any mix. People travel to places not because they HAVE to, like in your case, but because they WANT to. A daft specimen, you are.

shut up gypsy

I've traveled internationally quite a lot. I think it's good to get the bug out of your system in your 20s so you can then re-focus on your long-term goals.

I'm an oldfag, and I must admit I find it borderline comical how almost every woman I meet cites "travel" as an interest or hobby. It's almost always those who haven't nailed down any long-term life goals or are on a committed path to achieving them. Their idea of travelling is also ostensibly navigating the usual trodden path, staying in comfortable hotels, eating at overpriced and average restaurants and cafes whilst visiting run-of-the mill bars and pubs at night. Things that be done at home quite easily, for cheaper, and without the requirement to sink thousands in airfares (on the
proviso you're travelling proper distances).

To each their own. I'm not one to pose and take photographs of myself every ten minutes, so perhaps that's why the allure of travel isn't as compelling to me as it is plenty of others. As a result of travelling, I've also come to realise where my cultural 'preferences' lie and likewise what food I find tolerable and fit for human consumption if proper nutrition matters to you. I've been to some very interesting places and seen some interesting things. Met some great people along the way too. I've also seen and experienced my fair share of fucking horrors also.

Travel is a good thing, but don't let it become a dominating force. I know people who did that in the 20s and 30s, some into their 40s. They're broke and in debt and achieved fuck all in life. Don't become that bloke.

>you're traveling wrong
I made travel plans for band and made sure we had days off and hit touristy spots like pyramids, museum and shit.
I use my current career to do the same.
Conference in DC, Hawaii, NY?
Take a day or two extra to look around while company pays.
Still best thing is getting home

Traveling can help you find a resonant location to live that fits you.
The environmental bonuses of traveling make it worth doing.

Attached: 1DD05FE0-1F68-4224-834C-731A052747E4.jpg (750x706, 45K)

gottem

Attached: tumblr_mrh01gj0Y51sq2ljmo1_500 (1).gif (500x297, 966K)

Hvala based Croatanon. You've summed up perfectly my thoughts on travel. I'm surrounded by people who want to experience the world. All they end up doing is spending thousands just so they can post on fb from a starbucks on the other side of the world. 'lol here I am pretending to hold up the leaning tower of pizza!'

>I made travel plans for band and made sure we had days off and hit touristy spots like pyramids, museum and shit.
Okay, plausible.
>Still best thing is getting home
Well, you are perfectly entitled to this. I'm happy to be back home, too. Does that mean I regret travelling? No.

I hedge my bets on some chink.

>tumblr

Europeans are relying on you lot to push Europe's border to the Bosporus. Please get on with it.

I love travelling.
I especially love visiting historical places where great things happened.

If you waste your time abroad going to clubs/doing basic bitch shit instead of broadening your horizons, that's on you.

Attached: tuxedo frog.png (1000x1000, 201K)

Hvala lepa based Slovene

>Hrvoje
rekt

Absolutely based and redpilled. Fuck travelling and fuck travel retards.

It all boils down to money, really. If you can afford it, travelling isn't gonna set you back from any of your goals.

It will stunt you mentally. Seneca wrote about it 2000 years ago and he was plenty rich.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second_Battle_of_Çatalca

So close..... next time.

Attached: 1558943490906.jpg (916x1300, 503K)

stoiccompass.wordpress.com/2016/07/22/seneca-on-travelling/

He didn't say anything about travelling stunting you.

>FUCK travelling

honestly the majority of tourists pro-treaveler types I see here are the most NPC boring self-concieted persons Ive met.

(((travel))) by which I mean poinless trave for luxury is like a postmodern travel to a temple once a year, totally meaningless and aimed at virtue signaling.

(((travel fags))) are consumerist idiots as well as well:
>have this nintento switch or that gucci bag?
>Been in portugal, Yes Ive been in Greece, next year Im going to thatiland

pricks.

Attached: bugman1526746590738.jpg (1200x900, 244K)

>I started travelling in 2015. I'm happy I visited Israel, the UK, Arab countries, Croatia and Slovenia, a total of ~17 with some repeats. I saw natural, man-made wonders, ate great food that's not readily available at home, I started meeting women whenever I pleased and they still keep in touch with me. I got out of many comfort zones and got to know myself and other people better. You're all salty fuckers.

noone cares about your gucci bag collection your basic and boring

hahahahaha

but on the other hand, can you imagine living in the same place forever, seeing the same faces, and the same landscape?

slightly agree but foodies are annoying and not pleasant to be around. humans nowadays have never experienced famine, so they will never appreciate food. op really messed up by criticizing nature, which is man’s origins and escape from filthy cities.

Sounds like you should’ve picked a better place to live in the first place.

I travel to fuck whores all over the world. Bitches get wet for strange dick that nobody knows.

>korean
>bitches get wet
K E K

I now only go to countries no one gives a shit about going to
In the last year, I've traveled to Nepal, Sri Lanka, Uzbekistan and Russia

Will go to Turkmenistan and Tajikstan next

AMA

This is why you only travel to places that you want to see, you stupid faggot. I'm going to Rome to meet my Italian half brother and while I'm there I'm gonna learn more about Roman history and what Italian pussies feel like.

Attached: 1564840817820.jpg (480x473, 55K)

I feel you OP my parents brought me with them every year to different countries from age 8-18 and it was a huge waste of time. Never travelled again since I left home and don't intend to

>not wanting to see ancient artifacts and the old ways
>not wanting to see intelligent construction with passive cooling or heated floors
>not wanting to see the grand canyon, volcanoes, caves and craters
But you are correct about cities being garbage and roasties doing it all for selfish or hedonistic reasons.

Traveling is awesome. Sorry you are some agoraphobic uncultured NEET

>city sightseeing

Google Maps

>country side

Google Earth

> beach bumming

brb using all my vacation time and spending thousands of dollars to sit around and be lazy in different scenery

FWIW Those swastikas werent in the original comic.

Most Belgian live from vacation to vacation because the country is shit and there's nothing else to do except working

Yes, sitting around and browsing pol is much better than going hiking.
Fuck people that like to spend their time outside right?!

I’m going to Georgia and Armenia in October. U mad?

Everyone attacking our Croatian friend but really he has a point.

Travel once was a big adventure. Now for the most part it isn't.

If someone has a serious ambition to learn languages etc or really go to find and immerse themselevs in extremely different places and cultures I get it.

But let's be honest 9% of the instagram "hotogrpahters" and "travellers" and something like 99.99% of women in general are just wanting to get a cool photo on their phone so their friends click like and they hope it will undo the emptiness of having no children and having lost their virginity to some chad.

The kind of people who travel then stay in luxury hotels and eat rubbish food the locals wouldn't ARE a cancer and it's worth saying so. London, Paris, Rome have all been ruined by them.

Now you understand why Space Aliens don't visit earth.

OP is right. for those who havent traveled, ask yourself:

Q: Do you currently spend your free time going to local parks, seeing local museums, eating at local restaurants, and socializing with strangers around you?

If you answered no, you will not enjoy travelling.

Attached: quick get the camera its fucking hot out here.jpg (311x162, 8K)

You sound like a poorfag that's coping because you can't afford traveling

"I love to travel" is a phrase that thots use to signal that they are turbo whores

>Brainlet with no education

> learning about nature or history by actually visiting the places is idiotic.

you dumb fucking nigger low iq rape baby, shut the fuck up and make ma a coffe you larper

>tfw my first time abroad was a country where google maps does not have coverage and there was no mcdonalds

feels good mane

?

imagine Jow Forums enjoinyg anything

Please kill yourself op, no seriously please do it. People like you only aren't needed in this world at all

He doesn't make the distinction though. He's literally "stay in your room" type.

Speaking of Jow Forums, here's me in Nuremberg's Documentation Centre. Imagine visiting the killing fields in cambodia, or Pripyat, or any other Jow Forumstier locations.

Attached: 1564644698247.jpg (1448x823, 450K)

>buttblasted /trv/ fags
I could think of two or three things that i could enjoy two of them chasing gypsies and jews out of Germany

Based.

You could have just said 'normies are annoying' and not looked like a complete bender

did u travel alone (solo trips)?

I genuinely liked hiking when I was still in Scotland; I'm fucking lazy and don't enjoy running or doing sports, but hiking was legit, cheap alternative. I'm getting weight now because hiking in Poland isn't absurdly easy like in Scotland.

If you are going to travel, do it in style.

Attached: pic.jpg (962x699, 140K)

>15 year old *cynic* ***misanthropes*** : the thread
mfw

Attached: 1546268519539.png (569x567, 154K)

Most people who travel take nothing away from their travels and learn nothing.

Underrated

Bluepilled post.

People who are unhappy with how their life is are typically that ones that like traveling the most. It's another way of running away from all of your problems. Sadly, spending all that money and time running away won't fix anything. Likely all of their issues will follow them to their new 'paradise' and then they'll need to run somewhere else again. My gf for instance is quitting her job so she can prioritize traveling in her life... Which I think is the stupidest thing, but hopefully she takes her dipshit dog with her.

Attached: 20190323_172620.jpg (4032x3024, 1.17M)

>An utter meme, what kind of double-digit moron gets excited over what is ultimately just a rearrangement of grain, meats, vegetables, and spices that will be shit out by you in a couple days anyways. If you willingly spend your money "travelling" to eat "exotic" food you could just drive 40 minutes to get you deserve to lose it.
This is a stupid point. Just blend all your food and eat your nutrient calorie paste then.

Yes, all of my trips started as solo. On some I finished solo, some joined friends in other countries, in others - I made friends and joined with them. You never know.

Pic-related is a physics lecture in a London college I got invited to, and the Science Museum showing off a V2 rocket engine.

Attached: 1548308233894.jpg (879x885, 256K)

This. But the issue is FEMALE "traveling". Male travel and asventure is based. Bitches do the same basic copy paste shit:
>OMG I skydived, I'm so interesting!
>OMG I'm petting exotic animals
>OMG I'm in shitty city #6283838398
>OMG I'm eating foreign food! Brb bathroom

Fuck those location-hopping whores.