Top selling male artist of all time according to fuzzy math of the "industry"

>Top selling male artist of all time according to fuzzy math of the "industry"
>nearly culturally irrelevant
We're in strange uncharted territory in terms of control of pop culture and the media narrative.
Tentatively excited to see how the 2020s turn out.

Attached: drake.jpg (995x1080, 322K)

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.fo/9K9qa
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Hes canadian and jewish lool.
All jews in top charts

I honestly could not name one song from him.

That's crazy. I've never heard one of his songs. Seriously.

lol its like when the lil' nas x record was released and sold 4000 copies worldwide but went platinum

>Drake
Who? I'm not even kidding, I heard this name a few times and assumed he's some sort of celebrity, but I have no idea what he's doing. My best bet was a magician or "star cook".

who is drake?

Isn't there a picture of him sucking a dick with cum on his face floating around?

*sip* You little zoomer fags should pick up guitars again and stop making shitty nig music

>Jow Forums is so disconnected from reality it can't even recognize Drake
lmao @ ur lives

This, is going to say this verbatim.

There sure is.

Attached: BLACKED.jpg (250x250, 6K)

The Jews are in the literal final act of Shakespeare in the sense the they have the audience attention but everyone that can see the ending got up and left a while ago

If you still read or consume it you are inhuman

cringe pedo

kys

>listening to nigger muic pushed by kikes

Neck yourself

>Drake has passed Elvis, Eminem and Michael Jackson for total music sales
I have no idea who the fuck this guy is, but I of course know about Elvis, Eminem and Michael Jackson though.

>He is a great success story of a man who worked hard to get where he is. I don't see anything wrong here.
How long did you have to wait in line to suck his dick ?

adjust for inflation?

Oh, well sorry for not giving a shit about some dumb nigger rapper. Why should we care about Drake again (or really any celebrity for that matter)?

I guess this just proves how culturally irrelevant music has become.

You used to used to used to used to call me on my cell phone, *incoherent rambling*, make sure to respect your mama, do the dishes, don't stay out too late, get a good night's sleep

That's all I know about Drake

>coping this hard

Well who gives a shit about pop culture? You know what else begins with pop? Popcorn, as Sam Hyde once said to Joe (((Bernstein))): "you write the mental equivalent of popcorn"

because youre old

Coping how? I give zero fucks about Drake or celebrities in general.

I don't know much about Drake, I don't think I could name a song of his desu but a guy I used to work with would play his music all the time and I got the fruitiest of vibes from it. Is Drake a homo or is his music just really soft?

I’m 24, lol.

can someone help me out please there was a cover of trust issues by a female rapper i think it was sammus but i have no clue at this point and its like completely gone i cant find it anywhere i would kiss your fucking feet like the sun if anyone found it for me

unironic aspergers coping, drake is literally everywhere, and not just in canada lmao

Same. I didn't even know who he was until someone on pol posted a picture of him sucking dick.

I'm not a massive fan of his music, but hotline bling was unavoidable a few years ago. Don't know about his cultural relevance in recent years, but definitely had his run as a memestar, garnered interest in music press for his move into much more emotional and intimate music.

So what? That doesn’t mean I should care about him. He’s not even that popular here, people might know him from Hotline Bling, but that’s it.

I hope you're not too excited to see how the 2020s turn out cuz at this rate we won't make it halfway through...btw Fuck that faggot/pedophile mutt

Found the nigger

the thing is you probably heard couple of his songs, but they sound like everything else, so you never noticed.

>drake

that nigga had to eat gallons of cum to achieve this status

Attached: D4775D03-918D-4FC2-A58A-7131404728B9.jpg (636x886, 100K)

It happened to you.

Attached: 95.jpg (493x366, 36K)

He's way behind if you adjust for inflation, but that's not the narrative. Mega acts like Elvis may not be coming around anymore.

This society is fucked up beyond repair. The Epstein cause shows this once again. We can't save it, it's not worth saving it.
We must create a new society within the general, expanding, and with high birth rates eventually replacing the old one.
If only 20,000 goys would come together and have large families(4+), we would double our numbers each generation (25 years). Now image birth rates of 6+ -the time necessary to double the population wouldn't be 25 years but ~18 or less.
20,000*2^15=655,000,000
After only 270 years, there would be over 655 million new whites, all descendants of the original 20,000.
How isn't this is a way to unfuck society?
More here: archive.fo/9K9qa

His cultural relevance is moderate. That being said, I do wonder how things like James Cameron's Avatar grossed so much in box office without making a dent in popular culture. No makes Avatar references. Chris Chan has contributed more to popular culture than Avatar.

Never heard a single song of his.

Attached: 1521659898931.gif (368x349, 2.53M)

I was having the exact same conversation about Avatar a couple of weeks ago. It's the strangest thing.

same

I went to coachella in 2015 to see ACDC and the 2nd night I picked up a bubble butt hottie and she wanted to see Drake, after the first 5 seconds I looked her and said "you call this music?" "I cant listen to this Im going to another stage" she smiled and said thats exactly what her dad said and followed me, I banged her. Point is fuck this nigger and the jews that push him and the dumb sluts that listen to it because people like us DO NOT SHOUT IT DOWN PUBLICLY. I took control and she stopped, women being liberal is a shit test, if you fuckers can take control they will fall in line, women crave order and domination lets seize it back and give it to them.

SIEG HEIL

Proud to say I've never heard a song by this person and I don't really know anything about him.

>never heard of drake

No wonder you’re virgins why do I come here?

Not interested in anything chimpanzee-related. I live too far away from Africa.

Attached: 1432742304666.jpg (621x1000, 367K)

Why is some homo rapper relevant?

this never happened.

It truly seems that pop culture is totally irrelevant on a wider societal scale now. I think this contributes to the feeling of meaninglessness most people, including normies, seems to share right now.

Why should i give a fuck about some overweight nigger

you already know how things are going to work out, most people are beginning to disregard the retarded corrupt jew-media industries already.

Seems fake. A musical act like Creedence Clearwater Revival seems to have more cultural references ('Senator's Son' and Vietnam films, etc.) and general "relevance" than this guy, and CCR broke up almost 50 years ago.

Celebritylets, whether they are niggers or no, will promptly be forgotten about by the next decade

Literally nobody remembers Tokio Hotel but they were bigger than Drake in their prime.

Attached: tokio.jpg (640x420, 49K)

It is because of streaming.
10 plays of a song in a streaming service is considered "1 song sales equivalent."

Here is how the math works:

>"Buy" 1 song for $1.29 on iTunes
>1 song sale is 1 track unit towards certification

>"Stream" a song 150 times on Spotify, YouTube, Amazon, etc
>It is considered 1 track unit towards certification

You can see that if you buy a song once and listen to it 300 times over a lifetime:
>It is counted as 1 track unit.

If you stream a song 300 times over a lifetime:
>It is counted as 2 track units.

You can see how streaming benefits Draken because he is one of the top streamed guys in the industry. Compare him to Adele or Ed Sheeran who are actually capable of selling many album units and have record titles to their names. Drake is big, and debuted at a time when digital song sales were king. I feel the Ed Sheeran can get the title is he starts gaining more streams.

The math gets more uneven because Billboard and other companies have different formulas of what is considered "1 track sales equivalent."

Attached: 20190807_122450.jpg (600x600, 255K)

You live in a rural part of sweden other words, because the big cities fucking love him.

jesus

then a bunch of bot farms can rack you up a platinum record in a few weeks
>and that's a good thing!

They most likely didn't account for inflation.
The dollar did go off the gold-standard, and is printed or imagined in computers en masse.

I meant that 150 songs plays is 1 sales unit.

Billboard has different rules and many other countries also have different rules on how many streams equals one sale of a song and sale of an album.

What is most fucked up is 10 songs is considered an album, so if you buy 1 album that contains 11 songs, you only get one 1 album equivalent.

If someone streamed the same album and listened to each track 150 times, you would have moved 1 album equivalent unit plus the 1 track sale.

Pic related; RIAA'S "math"

Attached: 250px-US_album_equivalent_unit.png (250x275, 27K)

It’s not just that “pop culture” is irrelevant, it’s that the societal hivemind is gone. Back in the day there was no internet, so you basically had no choice but to watch whatever everyone else did, on TV, newspapers, radio, etc. But now, you can literally watch whatever you feel like. The closest thing to a societal hivemind I can think of in recent times is that whole obsession everyone seemed to have with Breaking Bad and Game of Thrones.

I live in Stockholm, lol.

>Draken

Attached: kim-possible-1.jpg (1200x628, 57K)

I would recognize his voice, but I can't name one song by Drake. Well, actually I remember Draft Day, but that wasn't a hit song. Generally his songs are a certain type of mood music with no lyrical content of interest. I think it's a lot about production, and then he just makes noises over the track and people like it. Maybe he's a better writer than I give him credit for, but I recall listening through an album of his and the lyrics were completely forgettable and unoriginal.

I look forward to the day when black culture is no longer in the ascendant.
Properly sick of it, if I'm being completely honest with you, senpai.

It's the wide open access to media going back decades and from countries across the planet. A high schooler can develop a fascination with a Russian comedy show, Japanese pro wrestling, and Brazilian pop music if they want to and they have as much access to it as anything on American television, and so on in any other place.

With such diverse access the control of Hollywood and the American recording industry is slipping.

Attached: 20150412_093058.jpg (1920x2560, 1.01M)

Who?

Is this real?

It would be trivial to fake.

What makes him irrelevant?

>Greetings from /mu/

Yeah, Drake is trash and really boring. Not much else to add.

There was time when people use to despise him and was being called out for being fake, i think he changed his producer and lyricist
>falling for obvious bait

I heard one of his song because they put normie music at the gym. It's disgusting.

I don't remember the last time I heard anything about him

You know they're grasping at straws when they stop adjusting for inflation. Pedowood does it too with its movies. See the connection?

i litteraly don't know who this nigger is

Because of the Chinese and other nations.

It doesn't matter if we think it's shit. They'll push this garbage on the other 7.4 billion people and still scream in your face "Look, it's popular."

So basically, broke niggers play his song on repeat and the music industry jews claim he's the most popular artist of all time.

Got it.

This.

The only things I know about him is he has less street cred than Snow and he fucked that little girl from Stranger Things. Literally never heard one of his songs.

Attached: drake-millie-bobby-relationship-strange-text.png (807x660, 522K)

who?

my sides.

The only song I know and have heard from that guy is hotline bling.. because it's so much of a joke and some memes came from it

shlomo isnt kidding . look up any major mainstream rap artist and they have a very sus and gay history with there label ceos , and things like that. Some of the most famous like lil wayne was being fucked by his step dad bird man since he was 11 , young thug , p diddy , rich homie quan , and so many more the music industry is 100% gay and jew owned no one gets in without slurping sucking gagging choking and spreading those cheeks

It's because his music is dogshit trash and 90% of the population doesnt listen to his dogshit trash music because he isnt a good musical aritist

Rip. Rock music is officially dead. And no amount of "hurr but there's still good music and bands! You jusss gotz to like fo dem" will ever change it

I wish to end it. Faggotry should not gatekeep the mass broadcast of music.

He's mostly popular because memes. "Drake, the type of nigguh to find all the Dragon Balls and wish his friends a good day."

Who?

he's still making music? I thought he peaked and stopped like 7 years ago

There was that one that got used to make fun of the ps3

For once a gen X faggot says some truth

>drake is literally everywhere
Granted I know OF him, but neither care nor want to know about what he does..He is basically just another Kardashian to me, of whom I also know exist, yet still dont care weird huh? Curious, how many of your bills have been paid by a "celebrity"?

drake has never written a song in his whole career, he just sings the lyrics and plays the face

2pac was against this faggotry and even called out gay ass dre in his music (like eazy e did) dre whos a known faggot. Well we all know what happened to 2pac, twice

I've listened to him. It's the same generic rap shit nogs make. "Pussy pussy money money power power big booty respect" only wish a dash of faggotry "she don't call me anymore!"

I hate this guy. I live in the GTA and they never shut up about him around here.

>started from the bottom now we here