Future Threat: Droneswarm Attacks

Apparently there's a real threat of drone swarm attacks using catch release mechanisms to carry out terror attacks.

How can the government protect critical infrastructure and precious intelligence agency headquarters that keep us safe from this looming menace?

Attached: 4697397528652896298629.png (1200x900, 1.16M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UW1DY2oTjug
youtube.com/watch?v=FIU8WZR9DNA
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spark-gap_transmitter
bitchute.com/video/pIPrYt4luluu/
youtube.com/watch?v=TlO2gcs1YvM
fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/smart/bgm-109.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Shh, i am setting up a bizz for home owners to down sentry turrets, these lil flying motors won't have a chance.

>jams your drone
Nothing personnel kid

Attached: 824b9c3ed0.jpg.500x500.jpg (500x500, 40K)

Shotguns with birdshot. And if that don't work use more gun

Attached: d45jrem-cba0baca-c7bb-4ae3-a719-05eda6fb3569.png (552x569, 370K)

Just wait till it's demonstrated that a very small drone equipped with a syringe and a very very high pH solution, controlled by LI-FI is the most unstoppable method of assassination ever. I'd like to see them ban any of that

How can you jam pre-programmed commands, like an INS system with a path and release point already dialled in?

Neo-Luddite gang assemble!
The year is 20XX. A figure rushes through the foggy streets of London. It's a man running from chase drones. A GPS chip embedded under his skin is giving away his position. The man knows he committed a big mistake by insulting the android police that asked him to pick up a soda can someone else threw, and the face recognition software of the android has already sent an alert to the authorities. The situation is dire, the all-seeing electric eye is omnipresent...but out of nowhere a faint sound of a device charging up could be heard from the distance...
A phaser blast sonicbooms through the dense fog
-"thank God, a-are they Luddites?"- the man thought in relief
The drones get fried from an EMP discharge, some misterious figures approach the man in distress. One of these silouettes takes something form it's pocket and gets closer.
-Here, have this signal jammer, it will scramble your face features for the cameras. My colleague here is reseting the info of your IP ID...he has deleted you last infraction before it reached Big Brother. You are saved.

It won't function without GPS. Jammer will fuck the GPS signal

INS is not GPS. It doesn't rely on an outside signal, it's just coordinates programmed in from where it takes off telling it how to maneuver to reach the destination.

>can't even into greentext

story discarded

>Can't even into prose.
I forgive you pleb, you just don't know better.

Attached: 1565510921715s.jpg (125x125, 2K)

Learn to 4chin

>blocks your path

Attached: images (16).jpg (480x640, 24K)

if that was the case then a slight change in the wind at the release point could throw them off by miles, even if they had solar/lunar nav, an overcast day would make them unusable.

youtube.com/watch?v=UW1DY2oTjug

Can trivially be taken out by EM fields.

Go fuck a tranny ladyboy

>Have GPS update the position for INS error accumulation enroute to target

And even if there was INS drift, if it was a big swarm it would still take out the target.

>gps update
then a jammer would still work, tard.

It's literally a momentary sync with a satellite before the target even knows the swarm is inbound. They can't jam GPS round the clock you gamer retard.

idk will shit like this stop a drone

youtube.com/watch?v=FIU8WZR9DNA

and before you feed me any bullshit about jammer range, any jackass in a non-euro country with AC could turn the power lines on their street into a giant broad-spectrum spark-gap jammer with nothing but a fiberglass ladder, a grounded chicken-stick and steel cable.

had not even thought of this

How is this more dangerous than installing bombs on cars and buildings? They're much more likely to get caught while preparing too.

yes you can. it's literally the first radio technology they invented.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spark-gap_transmitter

Inertial navigation does not mean a preprogrammed set of manoeuvres. Gyroscopic drift will throw off the accuracy over time, but like a cruise missile the mission isnt long enough for this to be a problem if the system is decent.

Attached: 1565117094123.jpg (750x863, 71K)

An inertial navigation system is not controlled remotely by radio waves. Shut the fuck up.

He doesn't have any idea what inertial navigation is, would be my guess.

not until now I didn't.

Attached: spider_web_windows_7_wallpapers.jpg (1600x1200, 377K)

I didn't know it was controlled by gyroscopes either so hol' up

Attached: 116p.jpg (422x422, 52K)

Fair enough m8. Yeah missiles have been pretty swish for decades. Short of shooting it down there's not much to be done. Jamming just stops it receiving radio, you need some kind of EMP to induce damaging currents in sensitive electronics and cripple it that way. Directional EMPs, if they exist, would he ideal.

Attached: 6ff0tc2abecx.jpg (625x783, 45K)

fighters in Syria and other conflicts have reported that drone bombers are pretty much impossible to shoot down with normal small arms, if you can even see them. They're way too small and far up

You are right, I should have just typed something like:
>Be me
>Be American
>Yeeehaaawww fuck drones in the ass with some freedom

its worked for almost 250 years dont knock it till you try it

Attached: godblessamerica.jpg (999x420, 77K)

I preffer the pen over the sword, it's a shame my pasta will never really reach anyone. That is why most writers only produce stale kike shit for prefabricated demographics.

bump

Attached: screencapture-infoproc-blogspot-2018-08-danger-from-above-drone-assassination-html-2019-07-19-15_20_ (765x1466, 732K)

Directional EMP's do exist - nuclear EMP's are directional since the EMP effect is produced by high intensity radiation knocking electrons out of their orbits in air molecules, which cascades downward away from the blast point knocking more electrons out of the orbits of more air molecules, and which requires a medium with electrons in order to function (e.g. the EMP effect doesn't carry out into space the way it does towards earth because there's no medium to interact with)

That said, I think the EMP threat is largely overblown. You need incredibly strong EMP's to even start to affect microelectronics. It's mostly the powergrid and communication systems that are at risk, not the CPU in a warhead or your phone. This is because you need large antenna-like structures - power lines, actual antennas - to get enough current to cause damage to electronics. CPU's are too small. They're vulnerable to high energy radiation, but not to EMP's.

The US has JASSM cruise missiles with non-nuclear directional EMP warheads called CHAMP.

I don't think the CIA is just going to have those lying around at their HQ though.

Can't wait to see this kind of terrorism

TALLY HO CHAPS!

RELEASE THE DRONES !

Attached: pheasant-shooting[1].jpg (705x525, 117K)

Anons, you are all retarded. You are arguing over a retarded assumption, which is that the target will have active a GPS blocker active 24/7.
The whole modern world is based on GPS tech. Modern societies can't function without it. So, unless they have a certain info / lead about possible upcoming attack, then the GPS won't be blocked.

Gyroscopes, son. You don't need GPS.

Attached: 1565512379636.jpg (554x554, 29K)

Em can propagate without a medium. Schmuck

>What is microwave emitters
>What is bird shot
>What are jamming devices
>What is scaled down CIWS systems
>What is putting up safety nets

Cheap drones are really quite easy to dispatch
Electronic buzzing, automated turrets with the passive radiowave emitting locking, metallic dust clouds blocking any communication
Its scary right now only because none is using heavy anti-drone measures due to none using heavy drone measures, if it will happen it will become managable real quick

US has mobile tanks that can shoot down drones. We just shot down 2 drones from Iran. And these are massive drones that go crazy fast. Shooting down a bunch of tiny shit drones would be easy as fuck.

What can Europe do though? I don't know, maybe shut down the city and wait until its over huehuehue.

Sadly the pen has been kiked, deemed too dangerous, and the only means left to defend yourself is the sword.

>Shooting down a bunch of tiny shit drones would be easy as fuck.

No it wouldn't, the smaller they are the harder to hit. And how are you going to stop a sneak attack that comes in skimming the ground?

Epstein is more important

bitchute.com/video/pIPrYt4luluu/

no one had to hack their own brain!

Attached: brainhack.jpg (500x281, 32K)

Weev has been talking about it for years. I hope his race-recognition software is ready for when you can order thousands of this from ali and release into the wild

Attached: 1468790210264.png (480x480, 292K)

Some fishing line

>tanks
the OP is not talking about warfare. He is talking about terrorist attacks in civilian city centers, specifically in key infrastructure.
Even if anti-drone tech was used in key infrastructure and can 100% protect it, mobile targets that are not extremely important (i.e. the president etc) are exposed to swarm drone attacks.
>be random dude involved in something important go out for a walk
>have dozens of light explosives dropped on you 40 meters above you
>50% will miss, the rest hit you
>you died

Attached: you died ruski edition.gif (250x200, 3.14M)

>What is jamming?

If they have ai program with face-recognition of a target onboard, they don't need to communicate

Going real fast? Playing guitar with other musicians?

>I hope his race-recognition software is ready for when you can order thousands of this from ali and release into the wild

>EU orders thousands of these drones
>they use them to target any potential "white supremacists" that cannot yet jail since they haven't committed a thought crime in public yet
>political opposition is droned; crime is blamed on white supremacists; more excuses to drone more whites

>No it wouldn't, the smaller they are the harder to hit.
Its a giant beam directed by fucking computers you dumb shit, they have handheld guns you can buy and point in the general direction of a drone and cause it to get fucked up, you are saying military hardware strapped to its own tank would be weaker and less efficient than this? Let alone the fact it can hit a big drone going the speed of fucking sound.

Are you retarded?

A large number of our police force now have anti-drone weapons. Could they fend off a giant swarm of them? probably, probably not, but I guarantee they would see that swarm on radar and know it was coming from and where. If it happened once to a city it would never happen again.

The real threat people should be worried about is a dirty bomb. They are far more dangerous than any drone. A single dirty bomb could render a city un-inhabitable for a period of time.

If your government is willing to mass murder you, you already lost. Any not-brainlet questions?

Police doesn't operate radars that detect sub 0.01m2 SPO targets in a ground clutter environment, retard. This shit is mounted on multirole fighter jets.

Greatly put analogy or whatever

So explain to me in detail how a terrorist force is going to get hundreds of drones to a populated city?

I don't think you understand how explosives work...

Hmm good point. The pre-crime mind scanners will know about the plot before the terrorists even think of it.

Attached: 1564965628121.png (112x112, 20K)

nice low effort post faggot

>INS is not GPS. It doesn't rely on an outside signal, it's just coordinates programmed in from where it takes off telling it how to maneuver to reach the destination.

By INS I assume you're talking about inertial navigation systems.

Pure INS simply doesn't work, unless it's for short distances under close to ideal conditions. Otherwise, mathematically impossible because of noise and drift.

For a long distance drone to work without GPS it better have outstanding visual recognition capabilities and other sensors so that the drone can apply some sort of feedback to correct it's position based on the landscape.

You are talking out of your arse.

I'm just saying what seems easier:
>Smuggling hundreds of drones along with tiny fucking bombs that may or may-not do any damage. Each of these costing thousands of dollars a piece and all requiring someone to fly unless they have advanced AI tech.
>Smuggling a single dirty bomb that probably costs 500$ in material and requiring no training to be set off to a populated area.

Hrm what would I do?

Order them online. It's like plane terrorism in pre-TSA era

because you're talking about terrorist attacks on soft targets vs the precious intel agency buildings where they run the pedo blackmail ops on politicians

Why would they spend 1500$ per drone on thousands of drones (that need to be modified to drop bombs mind you) when they could just make a dirty bomb and set it off in a populated area?

You have the thought process of a child.

just rent a truck of peace...

A huge "terrorist drone attack" in either instance is fucking retarded.

This guy gets it.

>A huge "terrorist drone attack" in either instance is fucking retarded.

Attached: 92589762987623983.png (785x1000, 239K)

Guess you haven't seen how insurgents we using cheap ass drones to drop grenades. No modification, the drop release mechanisms are $25

watch this shit user its a mini film but the concept is very real.

Attached: 1562286264313.jpg (600x500, 36K)

it helps when i attach the fucking link...

youtube.com/watch?v=TlO2gcs1YvM

Except it won't happen.. You can't even operate on their frequencies with civilian gotten equipment.. Good luck against my autonomous army. Also
>fuck jamming

Trucks of peace can't fly over multiple layers of fencing and blockades to drop on electrical sub stations.

Why would they spend a bunch of money? Because they can. Because they’re psychos with an unlimited source of funding to build whatever twisted cyberpunk shit their Ritalin addled brains can dream up.

No fly zones will take care of that.

I didn't say it couldn't.

Try re-reading what I posted instead of being a dumbfuck.

The best IMU is on the business end of us nukes. $10 i2c 9 axis accel/gyro/magnetometer are not there.

Just have a shotgun shell that shoots a little spreading net, or strands of fishing line to catch in rotors.

The real problem is that you are a statist frightened that individuals are gaining power through technology.

>yfw chicken wire defeats the latest military technology

Attached: 1564270081066.jpg (1024x908, 124K)

>what is a super-emp
you have no idea have you?

Look pal, I just want to protect the groups that protect our democracy like the CIA and MI5 from getting burned alive by a time-on-target incendiary drop covering the entire outline of their buildings so they can't escape. Society would fall into chaos without these brave men and women.

In all honesty the development of this technology and others is terrifying.
When a state gains the ability to nullify the nuclear capabilities of other states, it opens the door to total world war once again.
Once the deterrent of mutually assured destruction is gone, that will be the herald of the next WW3

>Yeeehaaawww fuck drones in the ass with some freedom

Attached: 1522903236304.gif (480x270, 2.25M)

I feel like a Sawed Off 12 Guage would be a legitimatly solid defense against a "Drone Swarm."

>Society would fall into chaos without these brave men and women.
Hahahahaha
Goodness dude, find a humor thread.

>How can the government protect critical infrastructure and precious intelligence agency headquarters that keep us safe from this looming menace?

Bird deterrent nets?

Attached: normal_lokkiverkko.jpg (899x579, 144K)

Morons in this thread realizing electrical substations throughout the US are:

Barely protected with 8' chain link fence

Unmanned

Typically in the middle of suburban neighborhoods

Can be attacked by walking up and tossing in a few grenades (let alone any type of drone attack).

The US infrastructure is unbelievably unprotected and vulnerable.

No need to go for large protected installations to cause mass havoc. Just a unified attack on 1000 unprotected substations would be enough to throw the country into complete chaos.

Yeah, but who wants to do that. Also most govt buildings and hospitals have generators. All you will see is a spike in births 9 months later because people spent their time fucking instead of watching TV.

Time to increase white birthrates

Attached: notfbi.jpg (249x247, 6K)

Position fixes are still needed. Some cruise missiles scan the terrain with radar and compare that against an internal map.
Amusingly enough, this can pose problems for targets in flat areas - the DOD had to get creative with Tomahawk missile routes in Desert Storm.
fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/smart/bgm-109.htm

>Bird deterrent nets?

won't work in the uk m8 seagulls are above even jews in their hierarchy