With automation taking so many jobs

why can’t people go on 20hr a week jobs? If we automate everything, shouldn’t we all just be doing half or a third of the work of the last generation? And keep the same standard of living?

Attached: 6A1538A0-375E-4D7D-AE96-1A6792D6E1CE.jpg (1260x712, 200K)

this will happen someday.. but it's probably another 20-30 years away. Until then, the 40 hr work week will hang around. But hey as they say "hard work is it's own reward"
I am 55 and retired so I just ride my old man bike in the park these days and look at the young girls in their skimpy shorts.

Because earning half their wage will not be enough to sustain themselves

I don’t get that. So the same amount of products are produced and the same number of serices rendered... just using 1/3rd of labor. How come you still need to work 40hrs to get the same goods and services?

>And keep the same standard of living

UBI like what Andrew Yang wants to implement is one way of approaching this.

Companies are not going to pay people the same wage for half the amount of work. Many jobs are paid by the hour, so you would get 20 hours of wage as opposed to 40

Automation designer here. It’s gonna be interesting, Chinese company’s are actually hiring Canadian companies to build machines (laser cutters, CNC welders etc) and send them over seas. But eventually I expect most companies to brig the machines back to NA soon. Since they are so well automated, don’t need cheap labour to run it, then you avoid the shipping etc.

Automation would have been a good thing, but instead we imported the worlds' poor because it was cheaper.

Automation is a lie
Work is SHIFTING to other roles.
People need to shift with those roles or
they will go broke.

Yeah, we all need to move to office work where we can hear Sally tell everyone what Anne said to Sarah about Amy while doing fuck all work.

Fucking stupid goyim

Because that would leave a whole lot of free time for goyim to question the current world order. We can’t have that.

Attached: DCD72CFD-A7B0-405A-A0AC-2F82F9B87344.jpg (1050x1600, 195K)

We’ve already been at that point once in history and it was decided that we would just work the same hours for less pay

Fucking stupid goyim

But you have to get along with all four and play their silly games or they’ll collectively make your life HELL kek. Oh btw I need those reports on my desk by close of play, user

For the past decade I've worked every-other year, and then travel in between. If you don't have kids and live modestly that's pretty easy to swing.

Some people do 'job sharing' where you basically split a full time job. I think that's popular in Europe.

Because the only thing that matters is profit. Automation exists because it increases profit margins. Workers wage and hours all are set based on this metric, along with the supply/demand by the workforce for those jobs (wagies gonna wage).

People will eventually be phased out of many industries, but will still be forced to work 30-40 hours a week because average wage is too low not to. The work will largely consist of meaningless service to other people and general clown world redundant button pushing and lever pulling to continue the cherade. The important thing is that your time and energy is spent on things that dont benefit you aside from the shitty wage, keeping you docile and easy to condition with propaganda.

But we'd consume more than we produce and that would upset our massas.
With automation they will not need so many people and they will reduce the population levels. This will be only in the West, other regions will continue to see huge population growth.

That's how they have it in UK since 2010. Are you jealous, krauty? LMAO

Attached: Life_in_2010.jpg (2300x1594, 675K)

because niggers would be jobless

Kek imagine working your whole life in anticipation of this only to have the recession hit and getting the motherfucking god damn polar opposite instead

Attached: 796287C8-CC14-4512-A148-2F933F15670A.jpg (749x1024, 133K)