In today's money, this Mansion would cost $160,000. In a coastal city. Fucking IMAGINE a world like that...

In today's money, this Mansion would cost $160,000. In a coastal city. Fucking IMAGINE a world like that. Life has gotten too fucking expensive. Something needs to change

My Grandparents bought their first ~1500sqft house with cash while raising 3 kids on a single income from my Grandpa's job at a courrogated box factory...

my granddad bought a house on the beach in Torrance CA for $20,000 at the age of 21.
Why the fuck shouldn't I be able to do the same thing?

Attached: 1562290608167.jpg (795x608, 271K)

Other urls found in this thread:

nomadcapitalist.com/2014/05/27/countries-with-no-property-taxes-really-home/
altcensored.com/embed/_Bfx8VAb2Pc
searshomes.org/index.php/2014/06/12/a-beautifully-original-magnolia-in-south-bend-for-sale/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

People back then didn't need smartphones and expensive gas and all these insurances. People consumed way less. And what about the average income back then?

The reason is LITERALLY the federal reserve and its resultant inflation. Well, that combined with the suppression of wages due to immigration (especially illegal immigration), has siphoned more capital from the American people than anyone really knows.

Ron Paul was right

There was also no property taxes or income taxes. Half your earnings go up in smoke before you even see it.

Correct. The Jew Fed continues to fuck us all.

Holy fucking shit boomer with the smartphones. Most of use spend $200 every 5 years for a smartphone. There wouldn't be living easy if "those darn millennials got rid of their phones and avocado toast!"

Also, don't forget the influx of foreign capital, especially from China and their chinese billionaries. As China continuously devalues its currency to make it competitive for manufacturing with other SEAsian countries, their people buy properties in countries with a stable foreign currency to preserve their wealth.

So they buy homes in CA, Washington, Australia, etc, because their own gov't devalues their currency for political gain, causing our properties to rise in price tremendously.

Because In 1900 the world had 1 billion people in it now it has probably 10B (nobody knows) and only 60M in the US

We now have 10 times as many people willing to buy everything you are willing/wanting to buy or do

Attached: Jews.png (540x300, 260K)

That's a kit for a house, not a house. There's no land or labor included.
I'd venture to say they lumber for such a house today would actually be much less then $160k.

get money bitch nigger

Look how cheap the Telecaster TM is though!!

Also do you have a real-estate tax in USA? Here even if you live in a house that's been passed on to you for generations and it's your only property they still tax you for it, now that's bullshit

>Why the fuck shouldn't I be able to do the same thing?
Cause the game was rigged and you just lost.
Enjoy paying your college and mortgage all your life running on the wheel like a rat.

Wonder what it cost when you factored in assembly, land and cement, brick and plaster

Wish it was possible anymore.

That 5k is just the kit, the plans for the house. It is not the entire cost of materials, nor labor. At the end of the day once built a house like that would go for 30-40k in those times, maybe more if they decided to use superior craftsmanship on the interior.

>gas
>smart phone
>insurance

Nigga these are essentials in the modern world if you work a white collar job. I have to be available for email or phone at all hours of the fucking day, including weekends. Don’t give me that boomer bullshit about how you can get by without a smart phone. You can’t unless you work at a gas station.

Yup. You don't ACTUALLY own ANYTHING.

Yeah, I "lost" by being born poor. Totally my fault.

name a time where you didn’t have to pay property taxes

get a decent job save money. sorry you don’t get to own property in a hip city but there are plenty of places where home prices are affordable

Attached: 11133.jpg (640x1138, 290K)

>name a time where you didn’t have to pay property taxes
Right NOW, and here's a fucking list of countries. nomadcapitalist.com/2014/05/27/countries-with-no-property-taxes-really-home/

Wake up what are you talking about? In the 80s When women started working the house prices doubled. It was a Ponzi scheme. The first few couples had to double income and an inexpensive house. But then house prices went through the roof and nobody could afford to buy them without several incomes or at least sacrifice

you can do and be anything

Using debt as money fucked up everything. Prices would be lower if everyone had to pay with cash

Imagine being so poorly equipped with reading comprehension skills as to not realize this is for materials only and does not include property or construction.

People were happy before feminism ruined the family and the ability of a man to take care of them

Still though. It's pretty cheap.

Economist here.

Raising Interest rates along with Quantitive Easing would ease the debt slavery we currently experience.

>implying inflation is not a natural phenomenon

how can you be so retarded?

land

>Quantitive Easing
Never understood this.

Inflation happens when you increase the overall buying power within a population.

The increased buying power comes from cash and credit.

Thanks, I'm trying.

Let me explain, but it will take a while, so don't go anywhere.

>It was like that in the past surely it could be like that today!
Ultimate retard thinking. While the housing situation in the US is dire, it won't go back to something so simple. There are far too many people here.

>160,000 in today's dollars.
However, the house comes in a shit hole country (basically any country before 1960s was a shit hole and many still are).

Also, at the time few people had access to the market. How many people in your country, at the time, could afford to pay 160,000? 2%?

Because the boomer needs retirement money to hire some shitskin nurses and fly to Cancun before the next semester of free college

Attached: 1560300079912.jpg (587x676, 69K)

YOU CAN FLY INTO THE SUN LIKE SUPERMAN!

Trump supporters are uneducated shitbags who unironically vote against their own economic interests and kept pushing tax cuts for billionaires while shitting on their own economic class interests

Only based comment.
This is the cost of materials. Not labour

Currently, the prices are extremely high because of a large amount of credit within the population. There is an extremely small amount of cash when compared to the amount of credit. The large amount of credit is due to low interest rates which makes borrowing extremely easy.

However, this credit is a form of slavery as it pushes up the price of everything and you are basically an indentured servant to the bank until your loans are paid off.

Inflation happens when the buying power of a population increases. This is either from increased amount of cash or increased amount of credit.

This means that Quantitative Easing by itself will cause extreme inflation.

However, if you are able to keep the buying power of the population the same whilst printing money (by decreasing the amount of credit within the population), you will not experience any inflation.

Byron Roth: “Offshoring, Mass Immigration, and Wage Stagnation: Why Education is No Solution" (American Renaissance)

altcensored.com/embed/_Bfx8VAb2Pc

Attached: Byron_Roth_-_Offshoring_Mass_Immigration_and_Wage_Stagnation_-_Why_Education_is_No_Solution-_Bfx8VAb (320x180, 16K)

Shut the fuck up you stupid Boomer.

Aaight, thanks. I'm assuming higher interest rates are to discourage taking out loans?

The issue is living is literally impossible without loans right now unless you were born rich. We'd have to change that first.

Now repeat after me:
Your generation is lazy
Boomers are the greatest generation
Fuck the worlds resources

in the United States you fucking idiot. leave and go to those countries then lmfao

>In today's money, this Mansion would cost $160,000
Plus the cost of the land, sitework and labor to build it if you're not doing it yourself. This is literally a lumber and hardware kit.

In Vancouver or Beverly Hills that mansion would cost $30 million+ USD.
They're both costal cities.
You want that house in Snakeballs, Wyoming it'll cost you next to nothing.

Why do Millennials think they have a right to live in the most expensive cities??

Yes, but you would use the printed money to build houses which increase the supply of property and decrease the price.

As I understand it, property prices are the cause of high prices everywhere else within the economy.

For example, a Sandwich in San Francisco costs $9 because that business needs to charge that price to pay rent and survive. The Sandwich costs $2 to make, but they pay $5000 a month in rent.

Since I believe you are a libertarian, I wod like to ask you this.

Americans usually boast the fact they have low income tax and taxation overall (in case you wanna argue with how low it is, consider where I am from).

However, they still have to pay everything out of the pocket. Healthcare, education, etc.

It is as if someone in the government said: accessible education for everyone is a meme... So we are not subsidising it. However, we should give people the opportunity to get in debt in order to get an education.

This was supposed to trim the number of graduates with meaningful degrees. Instead, this skyrocketed owing to market demands.

Now, wouldn't it be better to have a system like Germany? I mean, if you visited outside big conglomerates, you would know the country is still solid, very German, almost "nationalist" despite what people post here.

Hence, given you pay everything out of your pocket, all that money would be better if paid to the State rather than some dodgy service provider (such as many tertiary institutions in the US).

Frankly, I think getting a house has never been easy. Maybe it's been easy for
>ppl of a certain generation
>belonging to a specific racial group
>belonging to a certain social class

What you say is true for people who tick the above boxes. All the rest is bullshit...
If you opened Jow Forums in the 1910s you would get the same discussions.

>feminism
Strange word to define 150 years of capitalist economy!

proportionate population explosion, the milkmen then r the supermarket food preppers now, it sucks but its true, place ur babies in a position to hierarchically make moves or your disenfranchising them im a staunch conservative and in order to keep societal control we need to instill unironic and non-retarded traditionalism.. good luck faggots

Attached: death to lies.jpg (638x500, 39K)

its an invented term by the obamaconimists which functionally meant allowing the big banks to become USD issuers.

>In the 80s When women started working
>women started working
>in the 1980's
mfw you have a really wacky view of history, lady!

Attached: 386376334996306526169mfw228977517128049_1390329_1330818205_n.jpg (480x418, 44K)

I was talking to a boomer at work this week and he says his parents purchased his current rental home in 1970 for $22,000. In today's dollars that's $145,000, meanwhile the home is worth $500,000.

Is this a joke on the skin of those who pay for an education?

That's not the lot. That's the materials excluding labor

Fucking dirty kikes. Probably how much it costs the college.

nope. it was all the material and the blueprint to assemble it. prefabricated house...stll no land or labor

>That's the precut-materials excluding labor

> (You)
>>That's the precut-materials excluding labor
>This is correct

US is not European.

Attached: 93D85447-C9D6-4F97-B63B-27F0295A6128.jpg (650x921, 255K)

Interesting, but dig this:

The average detached house in Greater Vancouver in 1977 was:
$52,000 USD

The average detached house in Greater Vancouver today is:
$2,000,000 USD
$2,000,000 USD
$2,000,000 USD
(And that's GREATER Vancouver. Including the surrounding area brings the cost down. The prices in proper Vancouver are obviously higher.)

Attached: Canada Dunbar Vancouver neighbourhood .jpg (1620x1080, 1.11M)

Lots of those in Vancouver.
The real estate market has been low lately, so you can easily pick one up on the West side for $5-$6 million usd.

Why do you think they have a right to live in Snakeballs?

Prices are insane even here in Pajeetland. In literally a shithole like Gurugram, a decent apartment costs $400k, when the average wagecuck makes like $15k at most

At my current rent, it would literally take 40 years to pay for my current house.

I think they have a right to wherever they can afford.
But this idea that they have a "right" to live in millionaires' cities like Beverly Hills and Vancouver is silly.
Live where you can afford to live. Simple.

So move to Kerala and save up, Pajeetbro.

>In today's money, this Mansion would cost $160,000.
It includes half the materials needed and none of the labor, with the latter being the expensive part of any construction.

Just guessing, but I imagine:
>low ceilings
>small rooms
>tight/skinny staircase
>no modern building materials (kitchen, etc.)
>poor quality windows
>not as big as it looks
Etc., etc.
I’d also speculate you can find houses like this in nigger hoods like Rosedale Park in Detroit for like $60,000. Point being, $160,000 isn’t really THAT far off from what that *exact* house would go for today. Starting at a $160,000 base price, and adding all the modern touches and accoutrements probably would push it into the low 200’s, and then adjust for location. The market is not nearly as out of touch with itself as you suggest.
>t.realtorfag

>being this much of a fucking retard

Shit, and didn’t even notice that. Even more to my point. OP is retarded.

Thank you for missing the point.

>phones cost $80,000 per year

Boomer.. soon the world will be free from you shit stains

>In today's money, this Mansion would cost $160,000. In a coastal city. Fucking IMAGINE a world like that
You could pay mexicans to build that house, with zero electrical hookups, limited or no plumbing, limited or no gas lines etc, (just the way it was made back then), for $160k easily. The ad does not include the brick in the pic and probably lots of other things like interior molding, the two chimneys/fireplaces (which are brick) kitchen cupboards etc. The ad is a bait and switch. Making "that" house would cost way way more.

Insurance, taxes, permits, working wages, modern amenities, and overcrowding-based inflation of land prices have driven house costs up a shit ton.

The Sears Magnolia in South Bend was recently listed for sale.
The 3,895-square foot home is listed at $320,000. Situated on 1/3 of an acre, it has four bedrooms, three full bathrooms and two half-baths. The listing says it was built in 1927, but we know that that’s not right. The Magnolia was offered from 1918-1922.

searshomes.org/index.php/2014/06/12/a-beautifully-original-magnolia-in-south-bend-for-sale/

Between 1908 and 1940, Sears sold between 70,000 and 75,000 houses through its mail-order Modern Homes program, according to searsarchives.com.

Priced low and ready to be self-assembled, the houses were an affordable shortcut to the American dream of owning a home. In addition to Sears, Montgomery Ward, Aladdin and Sterling, among others, sold kit houses.

Buying a kit home cost 30 to 40 percent less than building a traditional home....

The catalog price of this pre-cut house was $5,140. With the price of the Ridgewood lot, plastering, electrical work, plumbing, plus other extras, te total cost of the home was approximately $18,000.

in 20 years wages went up 19%
house prices went up 300%

Attached: made in america.jpg (736x1225, 95K)

did people actually buy catalog home?

so what train pulls up with lumber and facade maybe some fixtures and some blue prints

Emeritus classes should cost double or more what a standard class does.