I have to know

Is the Catholic Mary Lilith or someone else? I know I'll probably trigger a religious war in the comments but I hope some of you have evidence showing what kind of goddess she is.

Attached: 75016982-7BE0-481C-9C58-967A38B0EF69.jpg (764x1080, 268K)

She's not a goddess. She's the mother of our blessed lord, and should therefore be honored.
Prayer to Mary is similar to praying to a saint. I can't hurt.

Doesn’t even make sense. Not even /b/ material

>"virgin" mother
Just a cuck symbol designed to cuck, which is what it does.

Get in the fucking robot Shinji!!

Christian depictions of Mary are based on ISIS and Ishtar. It's a pagan goddess in disguise.

This. For some reason Protestants don't get this.

And... are Isis and Ishtar Lilith or someone else?

t. Vatican Satanist

Isn't Costa Rica Catholic?

t. Protestant Heretic

i miss Vaticanon

All of the good Catholic threads are pruned here for (((some reason))).

Lilith is an obscure Babylonian demon, not much is know, allegedly was similar to a succubus.

Ishtar was the Mother God for cultures that co-existed with the Hebrews. The Bible explicitly forbids worshipping her.

I grew up catholic which is why it was very obvious why stuff like the holy trinity or saint worship is nonsensical

Yes, references to Lillith are within the Old Testament and nothing to do with Mary.

I think it has to do with her existing before Eve....I could be waaaaay off, though.

Your first mistake was regarding Mary as any form of revered. She actually was a pretty bad fuckup. There's a reason Jesus refused to detail his childhood much. Because of his upbringing, Jesus was ill-equiped to even begin to save the world, and the meeting with John the Baptist gave room for doubts, which led to the failure of the Messiah to lead the Israelites, which meant that the entire people of Abraham failed their thousand year purpose of existence, which meant Jesus had to build up everything again through the creation of a new people.

Why would you pray to anyone/thing besides god?

I don't remember but I think it is mentioned in some ancient Hebrew texts.

I hope you know, that cult of a holy mother was used by church to incorporate pagan cults in the late antiquity and early medieval, it's fake and artficial even by christian measures. It was just a christian replica of older local goddesses of nature, womanhood and so on. To call this replica Lilith or other christian mythological shit is just delusion.

>protties

Martin Luther was a murder, a pimp and literally admitted that Satan was his chief theologian.

Peak fedora. Always trying to link Ishtar and Easter, even though it's only called Easter in English and called Pascha in latin, the language of the Roman Catholic Church.

So Mary and Lilith have nothing to do with each other?

The holy week happens during passover and any connection of passover with other cults is merely speculative.

Only in that they have influence from ancient Babylonian religions. The bulk of the Old Testament was written in Babylonia, before that it was transmitted orally.

prayer is not worship. It's asking for help

It's unlikely, cult of holy mother started to form only in 2-3th centuries a.d., it gained many features of already popular and worshipped in Roman Empire pagan goddesses, but I don't know much about popularity of Lilith's cult in late Roman empire.