Who is responsible for the decline of architectural quality?

Ever since the 1920s/1930s and culminating in the 1950s/1960s, architecture has been shitty. We get concrete slobs, dehumanized shit, no beauty or sense of grandeur whatsoever. Look at pic related of Vienna at the end of the 19th century. Splendid, marvelous, wonderful. These are the buildings tourists still want to see and take pictures.

Then turn around and see the absolute shithole architecture of the 1960s, commie blocks and commie office buildings. Who is responsible for these? Why isn’t there a single architect in the whole world who is able to build something of the same beauty as thousands of architects could build over a hundred years ago?

Attached: B1E48C52-18B2-4637-9B84-274DE3B2DA5B.jpg (816x601, 109K)

Other urls found in this thread:

e24.no/naeringsliv/i/pL4Q5j/arendal-noedlandingen-to-av-60-elfly-av-typen-har-krasjet
youtu.be/NPteFX_xuUU
youtube.com/watch?v=Q1ZeXnmDZMQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

architects?

jews

Jews.

Jews

Bauhaus

Le Jews xDDD

It's because building shit out of steel and glass is cheaper and easier but you can't make it look as pretty. Architects try to make it look cool with their weird swooping designs and shit but there's only so much you can do

it may be the ruling class of international bankers also, to take any national pride away.

You know who.

>ctrl+f "Jews"
>4 matches
Not nearly enough. Jews.

those materials are expensive , bad for the environment, and do not last very long and need to be replaced

if you want roman pillars made out of stucco then just peruse the catalogue of mcmansions being made all over the country

Attached: 1479322885856.jpg (533x533, 129K)

Inflation

also check this out: 2 out of only 60 electrical planes have crashed in one year. This one yesterday. What an absolutely ironic image.

e24.no/naeringsliv/i/pL4Q5j/arendal-noedlandingen-to-av-60-elfly-av-typen-har-krasjet

no
no
no
yes, but why?
nono
>You know who.
Idiot architectural critics?

see

Costs. Building and maintenance costs. Its all about money.

Attached: Screenshot_20190318-103215_Foxit PDF.jpg (1200x1920, 2.32M)

to add to the pig pile on the kikes, cultural marxism infected schools early in the 20th century and modernist and brutalist horse shit rapidly evolved.

look at our weapons of war designed by men who have not been kiked - our flying machines sleek and beautiful yet utterly functional like the SR-71...

and then the jews. how is it that an SR-71 still looks more modern than the Star Trek NCC-1701 enterprise?

kikes.

Jews

The working class and the marxists are responsible. The Frankfurt school was very left-wing and widely accepted in the early 60s. People envisioned a global government, an united nation, they learnt esperanto to have one language. So they decided that buildings that showed any signs of folk identity and culture didn't matter anymore and had to be removed. Farmhouses used to have symbolic wood carvings, removed. They went especially hard on things that showed grandeur or nationalism.

Eastern Block Kikes

checked and fucking this. a lot of that old stuff still exists and has been converted into condos. the maintenance costs compared to newly constructed shit are so much higher

Unironically jews.

>architecture thread

Daily reminder that brutalism is for failed hacks who couldn't do Art Deco.
You know this to be true.

Attached: art_deco.jpg (700x1050, 153K)

This is the national art museum of paris, it's an irony rich people (jews) find hilarous.

Attached: images.jpg (278x181, 17K)

until there is a strong storm, an earthquake or a fire. then the "modern" shit crumbles and burns like the Popsicle sticks they are.

>Mass produced late 1800s buildings standing
>1960s buildings are coming down everywhere
Please enlighten me, smartass
>He compares high quality European architecture to his cardboard McMansion
Holy shit, I want to beat you up with a brick.

Attached: budapest-1.jpg (968x681, 125K)

Uneducated opinion:
Strip malls, concrete boxes and mcmansions are way cheaper and faster to build. A lot of businesses only survive a few years anyway so they probably dont think its worth the investment. Same with houses, people in the west like to chase booms and flee busts, and never settle anywhere too permanently so a house is seen more as an asset that you can sell later to help offset the cost of moving halfway across the country to chase the next big industrial boom.

Also being a craftsman seems like its become a really niche / hobby type of thing. Most master craftsmen's sons probably got high and tried to start a rock band or something rather than carry on doing blue collar work they feel is beneath them.

Post modern seculars in universities and marxists

>yes, but why?

They praised the "Machine," which was stripping ornament from buildings, for example -- killing the Arts and Crafts artisans -- and wanted to promote steel and glass as it was "more efficient" in ideal.

Though, there is good Modernism, like Usonian/Organic, which was more bent on keeping with nature and surrounding and not promoting sterility.

Attached: 1557897956064.jpg (900x831, 159K)

Do you know which city this is?

Attached: 1839px-Eduard_Gaertner_-_Ansicht_der_Rückfront_der_Häuser_an_der_Schloßfreiheit_-_Google_Art_Proj (1839x1080, 399K)

cheaper modular construction materials and techniques along with compartmentalization of the workers

Berlin. The Stadtschloss gives it away

Attached: 1565274947448.jpg (758x600, 144K)

Industrialization made it where materials were cheap and easy to produce in factories. This drove costs down for buildings built like that. It was fine for awhile because there were still master craftsmen who knew the trade and could do it by hand but they were slowly done away with because there were no apprentices. So a lot of techniques to make buildings like that were lost over time. If someone did know how to build those itd be incredibly expensive nowadays. People who want something built also want it done quickly, so they dont have 20yrs to wait on a public building or 100+ years on a cathedral. Architects no longer learned to make buildings in that way and instead they started designing buildings with many windows using cheap mass produced metals that followed a common system for construction. And thus every building looks like shit

Attached: 1425061897221.jpg (1584x904, 496K)

Buildings are built in such a shitty way nowadays because they use cheap materials. Those mass produced cheap materials drove other techniques for building and master craftsmen out of business because they were more expensive than the mass produced shit at the time. Their knowledge wasnt passed on so the only option was the cheap glass shit. The costs of buildings has rose significantly since then.

Cost of a house in 1940 was $2980 in 2010 it was $200000. If it had followed inflation the cost for a new house would be $30,000

So we got worse quality using uglier materials for more cost. Thanks industrialization and globalism!

Two main reason: Inflation if the dollar and increase in population. Nixon removed the gold standard in the 60s, which is another reason value of the dollar drove off a cliff. Then you have people who have just returned from another world war breeding like roaches with little (inflated) money to spend because of said war. Then you have niggers, spics, womps, Japs, and gooks all trying to move in. #1 priority at the time: get housing up as quickly as possible in a way you can sell it to broke ass war vets and niggerspics. Once that was established the trend continues into commercial architecture and eventually gov buildings.

Berlin.

Attached: Screenshot_20190317-064412_Foxit PDF.jpg (1200x1920, 2.46M)

The majority of a homes cost is the value of the land, not the quality of the house itself. Land values are insanely high

Thats another thing. It's about destroying national identity through architecture. If you see those buildings that curl up at the bottom of the roof you instantly think "china" or "japan". You see a church like the one near the kremlin and instantly think of Russia. You see the Washington monument, and various old government buildings and instantly think USA.

You see giant glass skyscrapers and you dont know if youre looking at nigeria, Tokyo, hong Kong, Taiwan or wherever

A flood of engineerfags/autists into architecture and penny pinching capitalism. I swear to God every architect I meet now is autistic and they have no concept of soul or style and would live in a damn barren hole in the ground if it was "cost effective".

Architecture has been degenerative and shitty since the Giza Pyramids were built. Humanity lost the ability to manufacture megalithic structures due to their arrogant posture, and ever since, the confidence has grown. Nobody seems to realize that the more confident/arrogant humanity becomes, the shittier our products become. We are learning how to not be. That said, when this information is made public, will it be rejected due to unbridled arrogance? I hope not. Have a good "1"...

A lack of interest and long construction times with relatively flimsy buildings left over. Don't bother citing the Vatican to me, I have hundreds of old stone buildings in my country that burnt to the ground all the same. Steel structures are more durable and easier to assemble

I did and arch history degree.

Who do you fucking think.

>building shit out of steel and glass is cheaper and easier

Attached: 1565382478032.jpg (866x850, 144K)

Is it still under construction?

Bauhaus
(Or Post-brutalism as some could call it, take your pick)
youtu.be/NPteFX_xuUU

>Who
Why even ask? It's the fucking kikes. They pervert everything.

It only requires a small storm. The only reason some buildings last is because building codes force them to for the area. Im from florida and have weathered out literal cat 5 hurricanes.

Hurricane Sandy was incredibly weak by florida standards but it hit the northeast where building codes are much worse and the unions make build quality shitty. The media hyped it up trying to make it seem special but it wasnt. It was weak. It was the type of storm floridians buy beer to throw parties during. The label "superstorm" was something media created to make northerners feel special. Sandy showed just how poorly built everything in those areas actually is

For the most part these cities have been blessed by avoiding major disasters. If one were to hit one of those cities, things would get bad

>1. No more masons since stonework is very expensive and done usually as a one off now
>2. Anything that isn't a flat exterior is expensive to build and maintain and developers and banks want quick turnaround on the 10 million+ dollars it takes to build a building

Theyre not actually cheaper. The price to build and buy a house from 1940 to 2010 outpaced inflation by 666%. Buildings cost MORE not less but because of our rampant debt problem those costs are pushed off for decades. No one questions why you should have to pay 20yrs for something your great grandfather built with his own hands.

The only difference is build speed. They get them built quickly but they sell for much more

Attached: 1550749663841.jpg (640x521, 219K)

Jews. Like everything else.

>Globalism
Just call if what it is user, capitaliam

>Who is responsible for the decline of architectural quality?

A certain Levantine tribe.

It is the Jews. Although, most do not understand why that is. They can give you the answer, but not the reasoning... accurately. The banking industry relies on a mode of tear down and rebuild in every facet of life. The most prevalent being housing. Marriage is a close second on that list. Mortgage, materials, taxes, permits, utilities, inspectors, schools, and the rest of the infrastructure attached to a domicile costs money. The Federal Reserve's private ownership, all of which are Jews, get a percentage owed to them for every dollar created. Meaning, their leverage comes from debt. That's the reason why they require a constant tear down/rebuild strategy. More in debt, more leverage, more money creation, more leverage, more divorce, more tear down/rebuild, more debt, more leverage, and around and around we go. If humanity wakes up, listens to me, and ends their reign of subtle terror, you will start building structures that last for hundreds of thousands of years. Then... and only then, will you be able to end the banking cartel's grip on your frivolous want enigma. Are you ready to take control of yourself? Or would you rather keep allowing the Jews to drain you and your genetic lineage's life force by keeping you stupid, unaware, intoxicated, arrogant, selfish, greedy, and hooked on sexual conquests rather than true love? TLDR... It is the Jews. You're just too mentally discombobulated to see, or understand why. Have a good "1"...

based & ceausescupilled

This faggot already knows Bruce.

Cultural Marxists, and/or Jews. Pick one. Or both.

Attached: 1340590414687.jpg (320x287, 10K)

*jewish globohomo capitalism

As much as i enjoy these threads, it's always the same drivel being said and the same pictures being posted with no explanation as to why they are considered beautiful.
I wish these threads involved more debate and less superficial posting of beautiful buildings for the sake of reminiscing something that none of us have experience

The growth of subrubia i.e oil companies, automobile companies and real estate developers.

I think the real reason is that all those old building were built for the elites while majoritu lived in rural slums. Today there are some buildings that represent splendor and ingenuity of our age and attract tourist like skyscrapers

Same drivel? I've never been in an architecture thread. If I'm here, it is very different than normal. You probably just skipped right over my posts. "You stepped over a dollar to pick up a dime" is the saying that reflects your actions right now.

kek who goes on tourism for skyscrapers

Attached: 2687a7a0ea3963dce9655bc2d54f863a.jpg (1792x2112, 613K)

That is ugly.

Proof

Attached: 6f39b5a77e48fcc0ff3ce6d473b267a3007b8f4f21a5080967f506dccf1ec147.jpg (1000x667, 454K)

jews

Imagine cleaning this

It's not just architecture it is all of art itself, with the possible exception of some forms of music. Visual arts took a nosedive with "modern art". A lot of artists will say this is because the photograph was able to take perfect images thus artists needed to do something beyond paint realistically. So they became more and more abstract.

This worked for a while, you had cool movements like Art Nouveau and then in the 20s and 30s you had Art Deco which was beautiful.

The problem is that "Brutalism" became a popular art form, not just in the east but the west as well. Yes many of these artists were Jewish, but that is besides the point.

Tell me what do you appreciate about this?

Are you retarded? Land costs area extremely cheap. you can literally buy several miles of land for under 500k, even outside of major urban areas. In fact a 10 store strip mall with parking for 200 cars (pretty standard size) will typically have a land cost of under 200k.

>imagine a cleaning lady has other work as dust vacuuming

Well, ccertainly not the fat angels.

le Corbusier... That's who...

Attached: downloadfile-3.jpg (620x413, 38K)

why is only a part of the bridge held up with suspension towers? what about the rest of the bridge?

Attached: 1487449788182.jpg (659x938, 303K)

Beauty does not require explanation, it is self evident.

Man, I really don't know who could profit from creating places and nations not worth caring about
youtube.com/watch?v=Q1ZeXnmDZMQ

Attached: 1510605019770.jpg (540x730, 44K)

Jews

The water isnt as deep in every part of the river. Im assuming the suspension caples part is where its the deepest

Look at this, It's a factory from the 19th century that have been turned into condos. Just looking at it you can tell a lot more work been put in to this then most "modern" buildings, and it just a factory. Why would any one put so much effort into such a building. I tell you why, because people back then wasn't infected with the disease we have now, nihilism. See people today will only put in as much as they can get out, quality for quantity. This not only apply to architectural but every thing in life. But before nihilism consumed western society, it was understood that there more to life then instant gratification. As others anons have mentioned, people would build churches for hundreds of years. They knew they would never it finish, but they still built it because that where they found meaning in life. Remember, the people who tell you not to worry about how a building look are also the people who tell you not to worry about the future, the health of society, or even having children, that it all meaningless. These are the people who have no problem with humanity being reduce to animals indulging in our own shit til even that become unbearable as we start reaching for the noose. Don't let the disease win anons.

Attached: 205d8064676bc15fa61ce1732d8ccc63.jpg (1125x1600, 394K)

Read anything by Sir Roger Scruton

What we build as a society is representative of how we see ourselves, proud and beautiful architecture gave way to shitty grey concrete cubes after the war and now we've evolved onto shitty glass n steel cubes.
Modern architecture is just cultural self flagellation

liberalism, the ideology.
No need to dig deep and find a person.

>all those old building were built for the elites while majoritu lived in rural slums.

Not in Vienna. They built nice buildings even for the workers and middle class in the late 1800s.

Hell, even the Soviet Chrustchevskas of the 1950s looked somewhat decent...

Vienna was the capital of a fucking empire for centuries. Berlin would be the same if it wasn't flattened by bombs.

Too white. Needs colour.

REVIVE IT!

Attached: 0.jpg (554x919, 82K)

>too white
Yeah, no.

Attached: 1893-worlds-fair-001.jpg (1355x1000, 299K)

Attached: 0.jpg (1600x1067, 370K)

Attached: 0.jpg (1600x1067, 345K)

Good path.

Attached: 1560889421085.png (720x720, 751K)

There's a book about this that I can't find right now, I saw it on Amazon and it had a very long synopsis and it seemed to be exactly about this subject, anyone who knows it tell me please. It compared classical architecture to fascist which it deemed representative and liberal democracy's modernist architecture which it deemed to have lost all aesthetic value.

Attached: 0.jpg (1280x736, 199K)

Forgive him, he’s never been in a structure made of anything other than particle board or concrete.

Attached: 0.jpg (1416x688, 216K)

cant tell with these new kike jew buildings

Fuck off and die you putrid kike rat.

Attached: 1510111995561.jpg (960x837, 117K)