Hong Kong Protests

The day after tens of thousands of protesters took to the streets of Hong Kong, another massive rally is under way at Victoria Park in Causeway Bay on Sunday afternoon.

Relief spread across the city as anti-government protests ended relatively peacefully on Saturday, with no tear gas fired, on the eleventh consecutive weekend of unrest.

Sunday’s protest organiser, the Civil Human Rights Front, had applied to the police for a march from Causeway Bay to Central.

But police would only allow a rally within Victoria Park, saying the front could not ensure public safety given violence at recent protests.

>Tell me about the Hong Kong Protests
Short Version: twitter.com/HongKongHermit/status/1160409465637621760
Long Version: dissentmagazine.org/online_articles/hong-kongs-fight-for-life

>Hong Kong’s huge protests, explained (outdated but still relevant)
youtube.com/watch?v=6_RdnVtfZPY

>For /brit/ anons
youtube.com/watch?v=MOpoMURo8pM

>Why is the US flag waved?
hongkongfp.com/2019/08/07/appealing-uncle-sam-american-flag-appeared-recent-hong-kong-demos

>A summary of what has happened
youtube.com/watch?v=CsjiZD2E6h0

>Promo
youtube.com/watch?v=YSUtmDHOIPI

>Some alright videos
youtube.com/watch?v=gHfWuUhrKQg
youtube.com/watch?v=fDtM3dEJdHo

>Twitter Feed
twitter.com/hashtag/antielab?f=tweets

>Latest News
news.rthk.hk/rthk/en/latest-news/local.htm

>Live Updates
scmp.com/news/hong-kong/politics/article/3022772/anti-government-protesters-hong-kong-flock-victoria-park

>Livestreams
ncehk2019.github.io/nce-live

Previous

Attached: image.jpg (1620x1080, 494K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Y_IxOIn06yk
youtube.com/watch?v=Njs9K5M2erc
youtube.com/watch?v=3ciwivBjUx4
youtube.com/watch?v=WtgdP8pjB3Y
twitter.com/CGTNOfficial/status/1162988561542471680
youtube.com/watch?v=dBmf9Mgstms
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

The Chai Wan-bound train is completely swamped with black-clad protesters heading to Victoria Park in Causeway Bay. Passengers at both Causeway Bay and Tin Hau stations are having to wait at least 15 minutes before they are able to exit. There are also long queues of black-clad protesters in Central railway station.

Attached: MTR trains packed.jpg (660x495, 76K)

>Organisers predict crowds of more than 100,000
Bonnie Leung, vice convenor of the Civil Human Rights Front, the rally organiser, says the Hong Kong government and Beijing have chosen the wrong tactics if they want the protests to gradually die down. She says Victoria Park can only take 100,000 protesters but the front has anticipated more than that. Police have denied their applications for a march from the park to Central. If there is chaos because the turnout is much bigger than how many the park can accommodate, police will be held responsible, Leung says. She stresses that the rally today will remain peaceful.

Tonny Chan, 32, says that since June 9 he has only attended protests held by the Civil Human Rights Front, the organisers of today’s rally, saying he is a supporter of non-violent action. “The whole world is watching our struggle now and no one would like to see violent clashes,” he says. “I also do not want to see our young people giving up their future to defend us.” He says adhering to peaceful demonstration is even more important in the wake of the airport protests.

Attached: Whole world is watching.jpg (660x495, 113K)

At least four of the six football pitches in Victoria Park are filled with protesters. Wearing the movement’s colour of black, demonstrators continue to stream into the Causeway Bay public space. Rally organisers have started calling on latecomers to move into the lawn areas of the park.

Attached: Football pitch areas filling up.jpg (660x495, 115K)

Causeway Bay is packed as huge crowds make their way to Victoria Park.

Attached: Arriving en masse.jpg (660x495, 115K)

Attached: Arriving en masse.jpg (660x495, 103K)

you'd have to persuade beijing to let you be freer than prc

Do you have Jow Forums pass for when Emperor Winnie sends in the troops?

Billy Li, of the pro-democracy legal group Progressive Lawyers Group, says reports of the Chinese military gathering in Shenzhen, on the mainland China side of the border with Hong Kong, will not deter them. “The government should not think we are abandoning our demands for setting up an independent commission of inquiry and investigate the abuses of the police.”

Attached: PLA in Shenzhen ‘will not stop us’.jpg (660x312, 73K)

GTFO OUT OF LONDON

>Major road blocked
The east-bound section at Hennessy Road is closed due to the sheer volume of protesters making their way to Victoria Park. People have also spilled into the westbound section of the road, which connects Wan Chai and Central with Causeway Bay.

I don't think I would have access to Jow Forums in re-education camps.

Media mogul and owner of pro-democracy broadsheet Apple Daily Jimmy Lai Chee-ying says it is important for the rally to remain non-violent. “Else, we will lose people’s hearts,” he says. Lai also says the People’s Liberation Army should not be deployed to handle the protests as that will only prompt international sanctions against China.

Attached: Rally must remain non-violent.jpg (660x495, 108K)

Attached: Another day of mass protest.jpg (660x440, 120K)

hope for a good turnout today

Do you think the mainland will crush the protests?

Attached: Another day of mass protest.jpg (660x440, 107K)

Attached: Another day of mass protest.jpg (660x440, 97K)

Attached: Another day of mass protest.jpg (660x495, 146K)

Attached: Another day of mass protest.jpg (660x440, 87K)

Why I'd trust you when I can just see CCTV?

Hong Kong must show how westerners how to do protest!

GOOD LUCK HONG KONG, show these PRC cucks.

if it stays nonviolent, i'm pretty sure they don't care

(((Civil Human Rights Front)))

youtube.com/watch?v=Y_IxOIn06yk
Militar force when?

>China side of the border with Hong Kong
>border with
It's all china you fucking jews.

>if it stays nonviolent, i'm pretty sure they don't care
Can you guess what happened to these guys?

Attached: 19283781.jpg (1920x1031, 328K)

Reading out the rally declaration, Civil Human Rights Front convenor Jimmy Sham says while protesters have pressurised the government into suspending the extradition bill, Hong Kong police are carrying out Chinese-government-style suppression. He criticised police for firing tear gas, rubber bullets and beanbag rounds on the protesters and even near elderly-care homes. “The people of Hong Kong are outraged at the government and police,” he says. He says the fight will not be over even after the rally ends later today.

Depends on what do you mean by "crush". Sending in the PLA? Seems unlikely. At this moment, it seems the mainland is still relying on the HK police to suppress the protests.

Attached: 'Police carrying out China-style suppression'.jpg (660x440, 116K)

I can: youtube.com/watch?v=Njs9K5M2erc

Protesters raise their umbrellas as the heavens open on Causeway Bay.

Attached: Rain on their parade.jpg (660x495, 111K)

Look at all those free organs

the peaceful protests don't accomplish shit
they come out, they protest, everyone goes home, and nothing happens

Fuck China and fuck commies.
I support Hong-Kong by default, Beijing's butthurt is hillarious.

Why chines goverment put 100 tanks and APC trucks 2KM from protest center? We have a new great Nothing happend day???

David Zweig, a member of the Hong Kong Jewish community for 23 years. “The love of freedom and the belief in the value of an economically and politically liberal society are deeply rooted in the soul of Hong Kong,” he said “The steady erosion of freedoms of the press and of assembly, and the capitalist system under which they have grown up, have become flashpoints for these growing annual protests on July 1.”

Attached: 0C1CD21A-ECB6-4784-9A02-FD9719EBEAB6.jpg (1002x1339, 391K)

Not yet, but it's seem we'll have.

Fuck the HK protesters for waving the flag of invaders.

i dont care about Hong Kong, but i hate commie chinks so i support protests

Rentre chez toi, rosbiff

PRC is going to crack down on you guys no matter what you do, very slowly and quietly if you don't seize the opportunity now, you have to provoke them into violating the agreement with the UK so you guys don't disappear overnight

Attached: 1542986497166s.jpg (117x125, 4K)

Liberals deserve to be gassed. Hope China bombs these fagits

Hong Kong is the biggest happening in the world right now, bigger than Epstein. There's so many yuge happenings right now, everybody must be desensitised.

If they act fast, the armor division on the frontier will act before UK can make approve anything.

Businesses are losing money over these protests.

I think 70% of Hong Kong is against the crazy actions of the more die hard protestors.

Attached: Screenshot_20190818-092736_Gallery.jpg (720x1480, 327K)

Luckily the Chinese Government will control the situation soon and honest citizens like you'll be able to go back to your lives.

Not at all.
The Chinese will just wait out their chimpout.
The protesters can't harm China is any way, shape or form.

There are millions of Hong Kongers in the streets. Do they really think China will allow a (((Western Democracy)))?

This is about to go tits up. Kongers bout to get wok n' wol'd on.

Attached: apocalypse-triptych-feat.jpg (660x330, 207K)

>The protesters can't harm China is any way, shape or form.
You think mainlanders aren't watching these protests?

The problem with these CIA astroturf fake revolutions is that they are meant to bait a violent response. Then the USA can use it as a casus belli for sanctions or worse. So China would be better off shutting it down in less visibly violent ways.

They are watching it like you watch a football game, something interesting but utterly irrelevant.

I agree, and the ramifications should this go tits up will be WW3 tier

Not at all.
It would be a PR nightmare for the Chincoms.
The Chinese will just sit back and relax.
The protesters are annoying the shit out of everyone.
They are blocking traffic and harming local businesses.

Désolé Chong, mais tu l'as dans l'os.

That'd be great, for the first time US would have to face a bigger army with nukes.
Let's see if Uncle Sam can pick a fight with something bigger than Iraq.

I doubt it.
Chinese media is STRICTLY controlled.

keep up the fight Hong Kongers!
加油 ! Add oil!

I don't even care if it's all a CIA op. I fully support the HK protesters.

Attached: jones.png (512x512, 119K)

>Utterly irrelevant
Not really. Undermines the Chinese government as the absolute authority in China. Politburo is scared shitless of losing their grip.

They aren't fighting anyone.

It's not like there are VPNs or anything...

You really doesn't know how things are on China, unlike US where being seem as a bigot can make the government China doesn't stop for anything.
Most Chinese enjoy seeing power demostrations.
youtube.com/watch?v=3ciwivBjUx4

You have to understand that China's government is not sophisticated, they are barely different than DPRK on a domestic level. China's economy is HURTING harder than is being reported and keeping the image of strength means everything right now.
Each day this protest goes unhandled, the Chinese look weaker and weaker and this has a bigger effect in the regional market than Trump could ever do.

Tianneman 2.0 is actually the most likely scenario right now. China's simple bitch government probably thinks that a little slaughter is the right gamble to make, beat your own people into submission, take on a few embargoes/tariffs for a while and then try to flex your strength making things go back as if nothing ever happened.

USA can still potentially do a lot of economic damage to China without it coming to outright war and nukes flying. They are just trying to cripple the Chinese economy in a way that prevents China from growing but doesn't prevent them from providing cheaper labor for American corporations.

Yeah and how many Chinese use it?
It's probably a very small segment of Chinese society.
Not enough to make a difference.

Hong Kong is a modernist shit hole ruined by anglo ideology. Why would "right-wingers" support some bullshit "pro-democracy" happening there ?
To spite China ? If you're that petty it should be more important to spite the US anyways.

Attached: 1561684371225.jpg (500x322, 16K)

US is as dependent as China, do you think a president will be able to hold the office when shortage begin?
From steel to fertilizer, from electronics to medicine, US would suffer far more.

>Tianneman 2.0 is actually the most likely scenario right now.
Doubtful.
Once again, the protesters cannot directly harm China.
Plus, the protests cannot go on forever.
And the Chinese will probably start undermining it from the inside.

>Undermines the Chinese government as the absolute authority in China
No it doesn't. Average Chinese people view these protestors with contempt. They see them as traitors, and most would support the Chinese government wiping them out.

China is the same shit except with even less culture.

You think so huh
youtube.com/watch?v=WtgdP8pjB3Y

About to get real

twitter.com/CGTNOfficial/status/1162988561542471680

State media sending a message

Attached: F9A88A31-A726-49BD-A605-218C889F4F24.jpg (923x923, 160K)

the Commies don't like their authority being opposed, they wont just leave this going

What's your suggestion ? Americanize it so no culture remains ?

>Most Chinese view the protesters it with contempt
Maybe according to Xinhua. Living in a corrupt totalitarian country is not as enjoyable as propaganda makes you think.

They made a silly little video that's meant to scare the protesters off, that's all.

Food taste the same, sex feels the same, working is equally boring... seems pretty much the same.

They will.
Since it's beneficial for them to do so.
They won't be baited into responding with violent repression.

>Living in a corrupt totalitarian country is not as enjoyable as propaganda makes you think.

Yet tons of "redpilled" burgers here will tell you the US are great

Based

Attached: 1544526795529.jpg (1200x888, 231K)

That's why I am saying the US only wants to push the Chinese economy into stagnation, but not outright destroy it.

There is little difference between the kike and chink. The only difference is that one destabilizes the West while the other, the Far-East.

The Japanese did nothing wrong during the 1930s.

Attached: theeternalchink.jpg (208x243, 12K)

Horrific pollution, talking shit about Winnie on WeChat can lead to reeducation, corruption galore, and so on. Totally the same qol.

Speaking from jaded experience?

US has no political structure for it.
If China say to it's citizens they'll have a shortage they accept it.
If US say to it's citizens they'll have a shortage, they chimp out, revolt, demand the congress to do something...

>Living in a corrupt totalitarian country is not as enjoyable as propaganda makes you think.
You seem to enjoy it.

Getting a bad feeling about this

youtube.com/watch?v=dBmf9Mgstms

>You cannot see ONE cartoon
>Major cities have pollution (I personally think it's better than expending 60% of your wage on housing)
>Corruption exist (just like in US, at least Chinese don't have to die in some oil war)

perfect target field for spray of HE rounds

>If US say to it's citizens they'll have a shortage, they chimp out, revolt, demand the congress to do something
I don't believe this is true. Americans are very docile and their brains are pliable mush from consuming jewish televisual media for decades. Just tell them that shortages are all part of Trump and Q-user's 4D chess plan or something and they will believe it.

>If US say to it's citizens they'll have a shortage, they chimp out, revolt, demand the congress to do something...
...and accept Congress doing nothing while complaining about it before moving on to the next thing

>ncehk2019.github.io/nce-live
Thanks

>Americans complain about rising prices and shortages
>Congress formally denounces them as white supremacists

Americans would lost their empire before facing shortage...
You know what shortage mean? I'm not talking about not having the last Iphone, I'm talking about having a limit on how much food you can buy.

>You know what shortage mean? I'm not talking about not having the last Iphone, I'm talking about having a limit on how much food you can buy.
I think you overestimate how complacent the average American is; there wasn’t riots during the gas rationing in the 70s, people just lined up, said ford sucked congress sucked throw the bums out etc.

Hell look at the financial crisis when people’s 401ks they worked for their entire life were decimated, there wasn’t bankers hung in the streets, and the occupy protests in response were ineffective.

*underestimate

The Chinese have 30 of killing camps and starvation, I'd say they're a bit more able to support shortages.

You have to admit that the Chinese are far more capable of dealing with food shortages than the Americans.

I don’t disagree on your overall point an authoritarian government free of any electoral or sizable domestic pressure can outlast a constitutional republic with regular elections and adversarial press. My point is more the brink would take longer than you think.