What was it like watching 9/11 happen live on television?

What was it like watching 9/11 happen live on television?

Attached: 3646525148.jpg (640x480, 39K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/qXbZ9WWjzYY
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Lit bro.

I was the first kid at school who knew.

Attached: 1566061578158.jpg (986x1375, 399K)

Show flag kike
Saged

Nice try meme flag faggot.

Pretty cool because we didn’t have to do any school work that day

Attached: 6D9F441A-A7A2-4F52-87E1-4D4D47AFEBAA.gif (320x320, 1.77M)

Same as watching a school shooting....
"Oh look, the TV wants me to get spiritually involved in their human sacrifices, again."

I was 12 and school was out for summer, i didn't care even slightly

Same here, because I was suspended for selling drugs. I watched the whole thing, stoned as fuck, sitting at hime eating froot loops

i was 1

Turned it off so I could play PS2

>summer in september
You southern hemisphere niggers never cease to amaze me. Do you celebrate Christmas in July over there? Oh and did you give your guns to mommy Ardern yet? Kek

I grew up in the Metro NYC area. I was skipping an elective class to get high with my friends. My Dad who worked in Manhattan called me and said he'd probably not be home that night that they shut down bridge traffic. My Mother also worked in Manhattan and said the same thing. So I just went home and turned on Cartoon Network to watch Toonami, but every channel had live-feed of the towers. My boss called me shortly after getting home with my friends and said the deli I worked at was slammed and he would pay me $50 cash an hour to drop what I was doing and go help him. People panicked so much they cleared the shelves of everything, even birthday candles and cat food. Worked for 10 hours that night until 3am. Made a cool $500 just to hang out and ring people up. Broke up a couple fights as well, panic makes people do weird shit. I was angrier about not being able to watch Dragon Ball Z with my friends than the tower attacks. My parents got home the following morning. My Dad gave me gas money and said "don't wait up, I'll be working until tomorrow morning to catch up on my trades."

Attached: 20190328_162152.gif (480x640, 3.79M)

9/11 was the day my life changed forever, the day my innocence was taken from me, the day that seeds were planted that would later blossom into twisted stems of barbed wire that wrapped around my sense of compassion or morality. I will take revenge for this attack on innocent Americans, it doesn't matter how far you run or how hard you try. I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you.

I doubt that 80% of Jow Forums was even alive or old enough to witness it live.

I was 7 years old, playing with toys on floor and my grandfather was watching TV on couch and at first he thought it's just some movie. Then he realized it's happening live, called grandmother to come, they started watching it and told me to be quiet. Obviously at that point I know something bad happened.

You're unbelievably retarded.

Like this:

youtu.be/qXbZ9WWjzYY

my first thought(watching a 25'' crt from like 40 feet away)
>why are they showing a smokestack on the news

my second thought after i walked to the front of the class

>oh fugg

joined the military the next day...

Where were your parents? drunk I bet

I knew immediately everything would suck after and I was right. It was the most frustrating experience of my life. If you think NPCs are a problem today, that single event created a mob mentality you can't imagine.

Normies were like:
>sure the Patriot Act suck, but we HAVE TO DO SOMETHING
>sure Iraq didn't have anything to do with it, but we HAVE TO DO SOMETHING

People were just so desperate to escape the feeling of powerlessness they swallowed all manner of bullshit.

>My mom woke me early up because terrorists
>Went to school
Propaganda just got worse

Some teacher came in and whispered to our teacher. He then announces what he was told, that a plane crashes into one of the towers. One kid knew it was Bin Laden, which impressed me at the time, we were seniors in high school. Some paki girl started arguing with him and stressing out. We then just used a very early version of Google to follow the news all day, internet was very slow. They wheeled TVs into the cafe, so we saw the buildings fall during lunch. When I got home my dad was mowing the lawn and didn't seem to care. I watched news all night instead of homework

Entertaining.
t. European

At the time, I was a pudgy, introverted 11 year old with no friends. My sister was going through a lot of life-threatening health problems and my parents' marriage was on the rocks. I often fantasized about a post-apocalyptic world in which society would shed its pettiness, a world in which I envisioned myself being able to step up and help in times of chaos and not be a sad, lonely little kid anymore. When I saw this happening live, it scared the absolute fucking shit out of me and made me realize just how delusional my post-apocalyptic fantasies were and how naive I was.

I was 18 and hungover from the night b4. All of my friends came over and I remember sitting in silence for most of the day. My best friend deduced in about 10 minutes that they hijacked planes on long routes for the extra fuel and we also assumed it was terrorists.

My nephew who was 7 at the time came by yesterday. He's sort of an annoying 9/11 truther who asked me why they didn't shoot the planes down. I had to remind him this particular kind of attack hadn't happened before. The first thought concerning a hijacking was a hostage situation, not a terrorist strike using a plane as a missle. I admit I do think the plane over Pennsylvania was possibly shot down and if so I agree with that decision and not making it public.

All of ^THIS^

I was working out some calculus problems. It was the best calculus book I ever had till it fell to pieces. I loved it.

I was 11. My grand mother was watching me and my younger sister after school (it was around 4pm europe time it came on extra news) while mom and dad were at work. My grandmother first thought it was a military attack and said a world war might start, top kek.

The image were unreal tho. And the chaos about the events, even in the europoors, was insane.

comfy.
I was walking home with my dad after school and my mum was shouting for us to come quick from half the street away.
Got in and got to have cheese on toast watching all the dust cloud action

felt bad still feels bad it changed the world for the worse and we'll never go back to the way it was

Attached: 158943803945.jpg (806x800, 140K)

Your mother was drunk entire pregnancy, so she shat out such dumbass

What is the melting temperature of steel?

Elementary school, they rolled the TVs on carts into the classrooms and everyone watched it happen, given the option to leave no one did, indoctrination at its finest

Surreal. I watched it, right in the beginning - my then gf was sleeping over, and her aunt in NY called her to tell her (We were in CA). She woke me up, and we saw the second plane hit. We both had family in NY, and I had a cousin who I thought still worked there (he didn't). I couldn't get through to anyone, so I just made a pot of coffee, we both called work and they said to just stay home, and we watch the whole thing unfold.
It's just one of those things, because you only see it on TV, it's like watching a movie. I stayed up all night after the Loma Prieta quake listening to one of the few AM stations on the air, they were just taking calls, but it felt more real because I felt the quake, and could feel the aftershocks when they mentioned them on the air.

Who’s more retarded? The person who makes a post dripping in sarcasm, or the French retard who can’t discern the sarcasm?
>inb4 jokes on you i was only pretending

I was 11, just came home from school to a empty house, like every day due to a single mother, and wanted to watch some Detective Conan or Takeshis Castle.

Was too autistic to care for some building getting fucked up and people jumping out. More annoyed at the breaks in what I wanted to watch.

Attached: 1530506599387.jpg (540x360, 137K)

>Be 12
>My Dad got my brothers and I Sim City 2000
>Says he'd install it for us when we got home from school
>9/11 happens
>Fuck New York, I wanna play Sim City 2000
>Dad too busy watching the news with my Mom
>Says we'd probably just fly planes into the buildings
>Didn't get to play it until the next day
And I've hated Muslims ever since.

My fren told me over either ICQ or IRC, I turned on the TV and watched the whole evening. I didn't study for my test the next day which I didn't do well as a consequence. My teacher said the events were no excuse not to study.

I was in 3rd grade and now I'm deploying to Afghanistan in less than a month. Crazy how we're still feeling the effects now 18 years later.

Surreal. Like watching a movie. I didn't realize what a big deal it was.

Unreal, I was 15 and was switching between news channels from around the world and DBZ which I was watching for first time and it was Gohan SSJ2 vs Perfect Cell.

Higher than the temp of burning jet fuel

I remember coming back from school and saw the second plane crashing not realising it was live. Crazy.

was pretty hype when the 2nd plane crashed it was like the world stopped for a few seconds and the confusion and disbelief on the reporters faces.
Cause up until the 2nd plane hit at least on cnn witch i was watching that day the first plane crash was treated like some kinda accident.

Attached: 1561213114487.jpg (1024x691, 90K)

Based. This looks like a forum post straight out of 2001

Attached: 1565059664246.png (462x332, 69K)

Aren't you an ass

disbelief, everyone here thought it was a
>war of the worlds
electric boogaloo thing at first

I was 35

I'm the 2 weeks afterwards I had 7 friends join the military. 1 died in what was possibly the first IED attack in Iraq, one was shot and killed in Afganistan while on a patrol and another died in a plane crash. The other 3 left and never came came back to Alabama. In all honesty that had a much bigger direct impact on my life than the attacks themselves.

true, but the simpsons and any other good tv show was replaced by 24/7 coverage of a dumb building for 3 FUCKING DAYS

I was at work. Wife called, said “they just bombed New York. Turn on the TV.”

Went in break room, watched. Most people in there—including me—barely gave a shit.

I was a kid back then. Didn't realize what was happening until the 2nd plane hit, honestly. And even then I was confused. Superclass scale happening.

At least when I remove kebab, I'll get paid for it and not get sent to prison.

in Canada we were unironically afraid someone was trying to invade America and that we'd have to fight some war over it

FYI all the religious Jews were at home doing some religious crap. not many people know this.

I thought it was a trailer for an action movie. I remember saying “aww coool!” when I saw it. My mom was not pleased

It changed my view of the world forever

don`t know , I was in my Club

Attached: Los.Rockos_Dachau.jpg (920x540, 125K)

Ya its not like we've backed them up on every single war they've ever went into.

Attached: 165095490845890.jpg (400x387, 30K)

I was in second grade so I didnt fully understand what was going on, but looking back I find it weird that they put it on the tv in my classroom.
Being in Chicago We did have to go on lockdown for a while because no one knew what was going on and they didn’t know if Chicago would be next

In their own country while more migrate into yours. What an ass.

I was sat at home eating smegma when pjotr ring

'wtc is kill'

'no'

If Jews care enough about other Jews to risk blowing that big of op to keep them safe then I think I want to be a Jew.

I was 18, was up late playing Everquest (from Australia), and had the TV on but the sound off, was just something to glance at while medding.

>what the fuck movie is this?

that was my first thought, because the effects looked so realistic and i couldn't recall any plots where buildings were on fire, after a while i realised it was actually the news and turned the sound on, then the second plane hit, it was fucking surreal, it was really hard to grasp what had just happened and how it was even possible, the world really changed on that day.. there is pre/post 2000, pre/post 9/11, and pre/post mobile phones, 3 very distinct times in my mind to this day

I always wonder if we’ll ever get another 9/11 tier happening. It really is the ultimate happening in modern history

And while a bunch of dead ragheads basically disarmed your cuck island.

Because the teachers wanted to watch it.

I remember back then Yahoo chat rooms were big. Most of the time they were packed with trolls, but I recall logging on that day and it being relatively silent.

Boring, I didn't understand what was going on, just that adults looked very concerned.

Watching the shock & awe campaign (bombing of Baghdad) live on CNN was kino, however.

Attached: DmyGD8AUUAANumn.jpg (750x422, 39K)

It’s really nuts how even though it happened in New York it completely rocked the entire world. I’m pretty sure you couldn’t be further away from NYC than Australia yet it still had a major effect on all western nations. I guess it’s because we’re cousins

We will. It's just a matter of time. At the rate we're going it could be soon too.

It's because it conditioned us to see everyone as a potential threat. Which was to point. To have us lusting for the police state.

It was nuts. Bush could have dropped nukes anywhere he wanted and the public would have supported him during that period. That’s how pissed and scared everyone was.

Everyone got off the bus the teachers ushered us into a common area that was in the middle of my middle school and we watched the second tower fall on the announcement projector it was crazy, and that is when the hatred for sandniggers started.

At first I was like, Oh shit the Seppo's are about to open a can of condensed sunshine on someone, then i was like what the fuck you can't commit suicide in a maximum security prison.

We lived by a family of Syrian mudslimes. One of the Syrian kids on the school bus one day about a week afterwards said the USA deserved it. One of the older kids called him a “toilet paper head.” I joined in and got suspended from school when he cried about it. Principal called my mom in and everything. even in 2001 the culture was cucked and the shithead Muslim didn’t even get a slap on the wrist. Last I hear their family moved back to Syria a few years later. There’s a decent chance they’re dead now kek

Was at a net cafe on my cell booking Slick Rick from a guy in tower 2. 30 mins into the event my grandfather a WW2 and Korea vet calls me and tells me not to go to war. He was blackpilled by then.

Disturbing. I knew the world would never be the same.