First day of college

>first day of college
>live in the basement of the dorms
>immediately feel homesick
>next day pack my shit and leave
Am I a retard or did I dodge a bullet?

Attached: 3x.gif (112x112, 38K)

Attached: 1557713910728.jpg (1265x1600, 200K)

You just missed out on the only chance you'll ever get to feel normal

Were you there for an arts degree or science?

Science. I'm thinking I'll just stay home and go to a cheaper local college. Much cheaper than the private school I was at and beats the dirty community bathrooms.

Aa yes college the adult kindergarten

You'll be ok op dodged a bullet
You need to take control of your life now that you're an adult
The government isn't going to tell you to go to holocaust class anymore

You need to apply yourself in something and excel or you will be a loser
Community college is ok for now but time is limited and it's up to you now to succeed

It unironicaly is, a transitional period into true adulthood.

I know it sounds gay but as soon as I hugged my parents goodbye I immediately felt a twinge of sadness that only grew greater as the day went on. I thought to myself "it could get better after the first semester, but can I really wait that long?"

Gay and soft.

Your not gonna make it OP. Total mama's boy and your mom has whipped you into shape to be a gay cuckold who respects women instead of dominating them.

Ya fuck that shit I dropped out after my 1st semester at a private school
There were cockroaches shit conditions shit food and it was like 30k
I wasted a few years and hung out with losers from highschool before I got my life together don't do what I did

Rah, yut, kill them crayoms

>no tendies in sight
You did good, user.

Join the military pussy, get off your momma's tit milk.

You made the right choice
I stayed a semester and got As and Bs a part time job but I developed a drug problem from not having any friends and feeling stressed depressed and lonely all the time
Dropped out hung out with drug kids from highschool and wasted 3 years of my life

I got it together but it took me a while to take control over my own life

Go army, fool.

Yes, you fucked up. Now repent so you don't have to work a non-shit job.

Attached: 20190723_145332.jpg (2560x1440, 1.01M)

youre a nigger who can't help a brother out

college is fucking useless
but if you don't go through it or something like it, keeping a job for instance, chances are you'll be a kissless socially retarded virgin manchild for the rest of your life

No, I love my family. I also missed my dog and cat.

Attached: 4-2.png (112x79, 15K)

>I gave up on a potentially life changing opportunity because I was a little uncomfortable

I realize it sounds autistic but I realized I never wanted to be there in the first place. I thought I had to but when I got there I realized I never wanted it.

Plus I am a neurotic fuck and I just couldn't handle the goddamn bathrooms

Get in community college this semester and network and write letters do extra bullshit to meet people in your field so you can create a better opportunity in 2 years
Living in a basement is ridiculous, stay with your family and work hard so you're set up well in 2 years

how do you expect to ever achieve anything in any aspect of your life if you can't be fucked getting out of your own little fantasy safe space?

Schools in USA force you to live in disgusting dorms the first year or two
It's a scam
Way better move is to stay home and study then get an apartment at a better program in 2 years

Depends on what you do now.
You don't learn anything from class. Do what you need to get a job, build a portfolio, github, depends on what you wanna do really. But you do NOT need a school for that.
Good luck.

It sounds fine except these days, it's all about networking
The point of university is to meet people and learn about places you wouldn't hear off otherwise
The longer you wait, the harder it will be to take any decision
By staying at home in your cushy teenager bedroom, you have 80% chances of ending up working retail or some other depressing hell forever
At least learn a craft
Be a plumber or something

>Way better move is to stay home and study
Not everyone has the privleage of not having white niggers for family, even rarer if they dont charge you rent.

Skipping college doesn’t mean you’ll be a failure, but you reason for leaving does.

>be a weak cunt
>can't step out of his comfort zone
Did I mention that you're a weak cunt?

>went active duty
>got a good asvab score and got a trade job
>started using tuition assistance, about to get my bachelors
>get out next year
>can go anywhere in the country and have a well paying job
When I tell college fags this they start seething so fucking hard. I'm more successful than them and I didn't need mommy and daddys money.

Live with your parents. Go to community college to get your first 2 years. Transistion to a 4 year university and get the actual degree. Don't buy text books. Pirate that shit. You'll thank me later. Also.. decide what your major is and don't deviate from that, it's costly and time-consuming. And spend the time to fill out scholarship applications - it's a pain in the ass but beats having a ridicilous amount of debt. Avoid drugs, not worth it.

This Pierre knows. Learn trade jobs.

I see it as he will save half his money and he said it wasn't what he wanted so he might change major and find a better school
For me personally I stuck around 1.5 semesters, I even told myself I didn't want to go back after break and wasted my time half assing it

He needs to know what he wants and get after it
But if he does sit at home and not apply himself he is fucked you're right, it's up to him

That sucks I'd probably be homeless if my parents didn't help me out
They saved me when I needed it and I made a shit ton of money from bitcoin so we're all set and closer than ever

I tried to go your route but got sideswipped at MEPS with a shitty heart condition. I wanted to be a nuclear engineer. The seething is real haha.

Well without a degree the most you could be is a nuclear technician.
All enlisted jobs are Tech jobs. Some pay more than others.

You fucked up, homesickness is natural but you need to learn to fend for yourself and build a network of non-normie friends you can trust. Make sure you find a degree that doesn't suffer frim chronic underemployment. Find an apartment ASAP, a large apartment with a couple of roommates is substantially cheaper than dorms. If college isn't for you pick up a trade, but don't give in because you feel lonely or homesick.

>I'll just stay home and go to a cheaper local college
Smart move. Just don't abandon it completely because a degree is unfortunately necessary for many career tracks these days.

What science specifically and what are your long-term plans? A BS in biology or similar doesn't a do a ton for you these days. You are basically eligible to be lab tech. Some of the jobs pay alright, but many are unimpressive considering the educational requirements.

You will be alright, but don't let this hold you back with future endeavors. You will need to find your way in the world eventually. LARPing as an adult in college dorms is not a valuable life experience in the long run though, so don't sweat it.

Oh I still got a degree. It was just in EE instead. It took longer and was a much more difficult path than I'd hoped. And I still work for with the DoD in some capacity anyways - just not uniformed service.

>That sucks I'd probably be homeless if my parents didn't help me out
We were all homeless. Thier dumbasses are still homeless 22 years later. It took me a decade too long to tell them to fuck off, of course I was out tens of thousands of dollars and full of regrets. Oh well. Maybe I'll have better opportunities in my next life as I'm too old to start anything now.

Attached: 20190705_053645.jpg (2560x1440, 1.15M)

totally retarded go back

>still got a government job
Then youre good man.

If you’re working minimum wage, why don’t you purchase a van and at least go live somewhere with nice scenery? Go and become a park ranger or something. Jesus.

Trust me, you made the right decision. College is glorified daycare nowadays. You are paying someone thousands of dollars for an education you could have got on wikipedia for free, in a fraction of the time. Focus on WHERE you want to live (location is everything nowadays) and find yourself a job working outdoors. Get out of the cities. They are basically nigger containment zones.

Homesickness is unironically based, it means you haven't abandoned your true home yet.

I make double the minimum wage kalthough working at Walmart since 2004 that's to be expected) but after taxes and other bullshit I make nearly $9/hr. It gets cold in the winter and I had enough homeless van living during my "best years" as my dumbass parents couldn't keep a job to keep a roof over thier family's heads.

>You are paying someone thousands of dollars for an education you could have got on wikipedia for free, in a fraction of the time.
You are paying for the credential, not for the artificially forbidden knowledge.

Attached: 20181121_114625.jpg (2560x1440, 1.44M)

You wanna keep running from your problems. bitch?

>It gets cold in the winter

Depends on where you live. You can insulate a sprinter/transit van really well these days. And they’re quite spacious if you get the high roof extended models.

It might not be a great way to live as an older person, especially with the costs of health insurance, etc. But as a young person it’s better than paying $700+ on rent each month.

It’s basically an inexpensive RV that you can park anywhere.

Or convert a box truck

You should have done this from the start. HOWEVER - you actually need to fucking do the schooling.

>You are paying for the credential

That’s really not how you look at it. If you look at it that way, you are going to be miserable. Its also a great way to fail your degree.

Either choose a trade that gives you personal freedom or choose a degree you are passionate about, as long as it’s in a marketable field. Liberal arts degrees are a complete waste of time and money. Your time is better spent getting a trade, saving money and reading books in your spare time to find what really interests you. For me it’s reading 20th century fascist literature and Ancient Greece/Rome.

You must understand that the current system is designed to keep you running in circles in a rat maze. You’ve got to find ways to break free from the system whilst exploitig the system to your advantage.

Okay so I know exactly what is going on, you drove your parents up the wall with going to college and all the shit that came with it, applying, SAT, dorm paperwork, all of the shit that comes with it and I know for a fact you didnt do a single thing. You moved it, got homesick without even trying to make it better, and left the next fucking day. You didnt dodge any bullet at all you just fucked over your parents and yourself and screwed them out of so much money just to get themselves there. Holy fuck, how are so many of you this retarded? seriously what the fuck dont you think?

You ever noticed this?

Attached: C559C513-6DC0-4A1B-B0D7-2B46350DBE9E.jpg (800x147, 23K)

No, desu I never even studied on the SAT or ACT, this college was the only one that accepted me.

Lucky enough to live with parents and wage slave for min wage

Attached: 20190316_184931.jpg (4032x3024, 3.13M)

I stopped driving a decade ago because all of the used vehicles purchased weren't worth the money I was dumping into parts. Since any type of auto repair isn't allowed at my walmart dorm, that's what I have to work with.

>But as a young person it’s better than paying $700+ on rent each month.
I pay $1020.

All I see is a goatsee.

>Your time is better spent getting a trade, saving money and reading books in your spare time to find what really interests you.
Where do you find the time working 18-hour days in the trades shoulder-to-shoulder with spics and meth heads?

Attached: 20190705_053659.jpg (2560x1440, 1.28M)

getting a general ed associates degree (there are literally dozens of different ones) at a cheap 2 year community college will let you skip a number of social justice (liberal arts) classes the 4 year schools require you take. I would highly suggest you go that route and enter a 4 year with a 2 year degree.

Holy fuck dude, i make a decent wage at a Uni and live in the projects with a bunch of begging niggers, but it’s only a flat 650 a month

Which trade do you work in?

I just need to be close to work. I'm 5 miles to my workplace and I don't have a vehicle oh, so this is why I have to work with. There isn't so much niggger activity in my apartment complex, and I'd like to keep it that way.

Attached: 15661418793571223648558320173183.jpg (2560x1440, 1.05M)

Surely everyone feels that way to a degree, though I was more misted up over moving away from my gf at the time.

Don’t be a pussy lul

enjoy being a virgin forever incel