Preppers

Is there anything more cringe than being a prepper? How can a society be so broken that imbeciles think spending thousands upon thousands of dollars preparing for some asinine event is a good idea?

Attached: 19827348.jpg (1334x667, 283K)

Other urls found in this thread:

alert.swiss/en/home.html
alert.swiss/content/dam/alertswiss-internet/en/notfallplan/alertswiss-emergency-plan.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>asinine event
you never know, some regions are very susceptible to natural disasters, in which case its very recomanded to prep food

>hurricane Katrina never happened

>Is there anything more cringe than being a prepper?
being OP

Attached: ClassicOP.gif (150x148, 996K)

The only prep you need is a weapon and the location of a prepper.

You're just mad because they're white, admit it

most preppers are actually smart. Maybe the apocalypse wont happen but a natural disaster could.

The way people prep is cringe. You're not going to be hunkering down in your house with a years supply of food. If anything your house will be destroyed in a natural disaster and you'll be needing a motorcycle and a bug out bag.

>Prep for disaster
>Disaster never happens
>"Oh darn, now we have all this non-perishable food and potable water!"

>take weapon
>try to steal prepper's stuff
>prepper prepped by having weapons AND traps and a defensible position
>you become food for prepper's pigs
sad!

Enjoy eating your cat when the supermarkets get cleared out in 24 hours after a natural disaster or economic collapse.

Do you pay for insurance?

As a prepped American I hope you suffer great ills in a fema camp where shitskins make you wait last to eat. Fuck off faggot.

This. The issue is they usually focus on hoarding supplies, while entirely neglecting having a good and proper shelter.
PROTIP: A basement built right below your shitty stick-built house ain't enough.

Most “preppers” are retarded larpfags who couldn’t even survive on less than 3k calories per day

I was required by my job to enter a fema camp after Hurricane Sandy. Guess what. Every single employee from the DOC guards to the Red Cross workers were all shit skins. I watched them give special privileges to fellow shit skins and ignore whites. So fuck you.

How dare people be independent? Why don't they just spend all their money on frivolous consumer garbage and be 100% dependent on the state the moment things go the slightest bit wrong?

I was in an ice storm in the midwest that took out 100% of power in my city for almost a week. Literally every power line in the city was torn down from hundreds of pounds of ice on them. It took days of emergency crews working 24/7 to repair.
Shit gets scary when your fridge has been off for 4 days and everything inside spoiled, no water pressure because city water pumps are down, you can't go to the store because they have no power. You can't get cash because banks and ATMs have no power. It really opened my eyes.
I had a battery backup for my PC and was using that to power a single lamp in my house. Every neighbor within line of sight wad knocking on my door thinking I had a generator and wanting to mooch off me for power. When SHTF 99% of people will want to steal everything from the 1% who are prepped.

No answer to this? Wonder why.

This country is so blacked.

Attached: drive feel.jpg (680x732, 59K)

another reason the preppers own more guns than npc non-preppers

>teleports behind prepper family
>takes their food and water
>nothing personnel, kids

Attached: raider.png (965x1227, 1.38M)

One small windstorm and all the roads up to my house are blocked for hours or days so I have to be "prepped" people who prep for the zombie apocalypse are TurboAutists

Your pigs will have a lot to eat :)

Seeing as I live in an area that gets hit every few years by hurricanes and every year by multiple thunderstorms that knock the power out, it's not remotely cringe being a prepper. You're literally an idiot if you're not.

Of course he doesn’t because he’s a dumb bitch, user.

why, are you fat

how about they just kill and eat the fat ones...problem solved

Think walking dead, but instead of walking corpses it's hungry people.

>The West is in a state of rapid decline perpetuated by our enemies
>World debt is unpayable, huge economic crash is inevitable this point
lol preppers are dum

Attached: 1559403800525.jpg (638x648, 61K)

I used to overbuy toilet paper because running out is a natural disaster in itself my ex would bitch about it
>Why do we need so much at one time?
Do you plan to stop taking shits anytime soon?

Guy has his shit together and takes care of his family..prepares for future....You try to chadtise him...your a fucking clown dood..do you also go around calling people conspiracy theorists??

Attached: 2CAA583B-C8E3-494D-B3F7-5FFB2B4B7D6E.jpg (390x435, 24K)

Nobody actually preps for zombies. It is just a way to have some fun and LARP while prepping for real. The only difference between real prepping and zombie prepping is a couple dumb melee weapons that cost $20.

the difference is zombies don't get tired and weak and demoralized when they see the zombies in front of them killed and fed to pigs

True but all the dumb lime green bullshit that comes from it makes normal event preppers look bad.

They also can't operate weapons and make plans on how to infiltrate your compound.

At some point a coronal mass ejection will happen and those idiots will become the smart ones.

>Why don't they just spend all their money on frivolous consumer garbage
But that is exactly what they are doing. They are spending insane amounts of money they had to work for to buy crap they will never use. They are worse than goyboys who spend all their money on video games, at least the guy buying video games gets something out of it. These people are just an economic unit will work without asking anything in return. These people spent thousands of hours of their life earning money that they will gladly give back to their overlords, they are the ideal consumer.

Read up about force multipliers and how defensive positions work

Also sieges don't work when the sieging force doesn't have any food

Maybe the ones who buy a bunch of pre-packaged food and water and call it Prepping the smart preppers are getting self-sufficient raising animals growing their own food things that even if nothing happens still benefits them greatly.

Preppers are based and will have the last laugh over s o y boys

Learn how to grow anything, especially a back yard garden is an especially good idea.

that is why you keep the guns locked and loaded

>Can support a family of 8
>Has stockpiles of safe water and food for family for future boogaloos
>Wife isn't a fat slob
>None of his kids are fat slobs

Seems fine to me.

Said the No-guns loser.

Attached: 1553208929834.jpg (600x719, 71K)

And if it does? Better to have and not need than to need and not have. Why is that so hard for your brain to comprehend?

Attached: bugout.jpg (480x480, 45K)

>crap they will never use
That is what you think. That ice storm really opened my eyes. After 4 days of no power in the entire city shit was getting tense.
>no water pressure
>no way to get cash
>debit/credit cards don't work anywhere
>gas pumps can't pump fuel, you only have what is in your car's tank. Next city over was hit by the same storm and is in the same shape.
You don't need prepping supplies until you do. Much like a seatbelt or fire extinguisher. Prepping isn't just for end of the world scenarios. Natural disasters strike without warning.
>why do you weat a seatbelt, do you plan on crashing?
>why do you have a fire extinguisher? Don't you realize how rare house fires are?

>prepping is dumb as fuck and only for mentally crazy people
>official swiss confederacy stance is "everyone should be prepared for at least 1 weeks without any services"
alert.swiss/en/home.html
link to emergency plan and what you should at least stock:
alert.swiss/content/dam/alertswiss-internet/en/notfallplan/alertswiss-emergency-plan.pdf

>"but preppers are the larpers"

Growing shit isn't prepping, that's farming.
Prepping is this retarded shit of mindless consumerism, throwing money at a non-existent problem.

Exposing to the world all of what you have prepped on social media post where on can find your name and address, or being proud about it. Pretty fucking retarded.
>only 2 gallons of bleach
Absolute amateur.

The only reason more people don't spend more money of their own is because tax dollars go to FEMA, contingency planning, disaster relief, etc.

1 post shill
>Be Prepared

Prepping is putting all the eggs in a single basket. Using a cache system to avoid this at large scale is resource consuming when defence of resources becomes nessasary.

nice try prepping Shlomo. we know of your secret jew bunkers.

>ice storm
>everything spoiled within 4 days
have you considered taking your food outside?

Prepping used to mean just being prepared for certain disasters or famine but I tend to agree once it got mainstream it went straight to useless bullshit sold by the big market stores.

Americans are basically anarchists. See all the muh guns bullshit.

People knocking on my door because I was the only person on my block with a light on opened my eyes. Now I don't reveal shit to anybody. Only my family knows I prep.

Being prepared for when your pre packaged emergency supplies run out is not preppring.

god shut the fuck up op and look at any number of instances of countries with complete destruction of infratructure going on right now.
what's cringey is that you dont know how to build a fire and are misdirecting your vulnerabilities onto people who know how to survive without uber eats.

Attached: raqqa.jpg (1089x697, 114K)

>Exposing to the world all of what you have prepped on social media post where on can find your name and address, or being proud about it. Pretty fucking retarded.
>>only 2 gallons of bleach
>Absolute amateur.

This.
If you wanna prep fine, just don't tell the world about it.

lmfao I was going to say this when I lived in the dorms everyone on the first floor would keep alcohol in the snow outside their window in the summer when the snow thawed you would find bottles everywhere.

better to think ahead instead of acting at the last moment

what's wrong with having a plan in case of a natural disaster?
are you really putting your faith in fema to save you?

My survival plans are beyond polfags reach.

>he doesn't wash his ass out with the shower head to avoid paying for toilet paper
just lol

Why did you not cover the windows to hide the light?

>put food outside
>animals get in it the first night
I put my food in the far corner of my garage where it was cold but still indoors. It kept. I am talking about what happened to people in general. 99% of people are fucking morons, their food will spoil, and after not eating for 2 days your friendly neighbor will gladly steal your shit.

Black out your windows like wartime because it really is fucking wartime when that happens.

Is there anything more soi than being dependent on anyone or society itself?

Btw is a prepper anyone who could go live in the woods within a few hours of packing or is it just your autistic vision of preppers?

I didn't think about it at the time. But I learned my lesson. It was over 10 years ago. I have learned a lot since then.

>don't prepare for hardship you stupid goyim
>depend on the system

4 days without power is nothing. As long as you have some water, you will be fine. Without any prepping you should already have enough food in your house to last you a week, and if you don't, just do some fasting, you'll lose some weight and feel better than before the ''disaster.''
When you get into situations where you need to survive for far longer, like large floods, then you should be evacuating as soon as possible. When a serious disaster hits those shitty cans of beans aren't going to help you. When you have your house flooded with dirty water and every cut on your leg can result in an infection, you should be getting the fuck out, not using your prep supplies to LARP minecraft.

Imagine being as fat as that guy is and thinking he could survive more than a month if an apocalypse happened

I've lived through the 1998 Quebec icestorm. Only a regular pantry with normal amount of canned goods, dry foods etc. I never even felt a hint of panic, nor did anyone. We;re tempered over here, it takes a lot to phase us. Didn't need any power, has a portable gas stove and plenty of fluid to run it. So I guess it's minimal prep.

Attached: 31.jpg (438x294, 58K)

>t. nigger who lives on gibs
Come down to Florida before a hurricane comes, lets see you open your big mouth when the store is blown away. Nature doesn't take EBT cards

You, sir, are either a shill or really homosexual.

>after not eating for 2 days your friendly neighbor will gladly steal your shit.

Drive a bullet through his brain

social commentators

Insurance won't cover everything and/or insurance may not be able to pay out in time.

I figure having 4-6 months dry food and water stashed is just good planning. Plus don't have to run to the store if I run out of something

Daily reminder if you have a gun and are in a group you can tell the government what to do.
if you don't have a gun, you will be put in a group where the government will tell you what to do.

Attached: 1555641334796.jpg (647x960, 137K)

>he doesn't have enough rice and beans to last a month and water for at least a week

Not gonna make it.

Attached: 1565991351978.jpg (900x680, 82K)

>amateur
no you. Bleach constantly breaks down into sodium and water. It's useless after 2 years. Better to have it in crystal format

Eaxctly. 4 days without power isn't bad and I could already see the tension in my neighborhood. People getting desperate. You are so fucking retarded you don't realize you are arguing against your own point.
My entire point is that a 4 day power outage due to ice had 99% of people caught with their pants down and totally unprepared. My point is that in a more serious happening shit will be full blown mad max tier anarchy within 7 days.
And yet you argue prepping is retarded. Fuck off.

who in their right mind would actually try to shame preppers? wtf?

there is literally nothing more based than being self-sufficient and prepared for anything.

Attached: 1560013370205.jpg (535x800, 65K)

>throwing money at a non-existent problem.
Your assuming the money is just wasted
In reality most preppers don't do anything much different than anyone else except they have a much larger buffer of food than what most have in a pantry
Pic related is a sane pepper setup where food is always being rotated and eaten when it's about to expire

Attached: 56a4c247588ee7c924817a901ed5ad99.jpg (600x400, 57K)

>implying niggers like you can operate or plan

Don't teach him.
The fact he's looking to raid a prepper, instead of ally with one, shows he's a worthless untrustworthy p.o.s. and deserves to starve.

what do you need the bleach for?

Sounds alot more useful than spending thousands and thousands of dollars on shit like rims, clothes, or fancy cars you stupid nigger.

I keep three months wroth of food for three people on hand in the pantry, have a little mini seed bank, a little generator that I can drop into the river for power to use electrolysis to make clean drinking water and fuel (you can turn water into fuel). Have a few hunting weapons and a unfixed female cat that hunts and brings her kills to us and a dog. Also own a plot of land with a river running though it up north.
It honestly costs next to nothing to store once you have the equipment.
Why do you think being able to be self reliant is "Cringe"?

Attached: 1544488056913.jpg (1023x682, 269K)

Canned and dried goods don't really expire. It's mostly a meme. There's expiration date on salt, pickles and honey ffs. Even spices. All those last nearly for eternity.
But yeah, that's just a typical nuclear family "costco" pantry.

indeed. this is going to be very important. make connections with trusted, like-minded preppers and have emergency plans in place.

are you serious?

bleach is the single best disinfecting agent available on the market. Forget cleaning clothes with lice or whatever in them; a few crystals will eliminate all biologicals from a 5 gallon bucket of rainwater in 15 minutes

I only have a bug out bag, a shotgun, rifle and 9mm Glock. I'll just Rob the weak if shit goes down build a harem of white liberal bitches then head towards the mountains hunting game while I force breed the women to repopulate. What's op going to do? Oh ya die like a bitch ;)

Attached: DEbLj7o.jpg (904x960, 55K)

>stop being autonomous and buy more goy-soap and tobacco-tubes, goy!!!!
*rubs hands ferociously*

A fishing pole, knowledge of curing and smoking, pickling and drying, will last you forever granted you have access to a lake and fresh water. Add to that basic foraging, hunting and farming, and you're set for life, as were my ancestors.

Attached: csa.jpg (635x357, 87K)

This and sometimes shit just gets cut off due to basic weather events.

I live in Quebec and the winter here can be so intense that people die trapped in what would be considered a normal snowstorm. I live in the capitol city, but I could see someone living in one of our many villages being cut off from basic services, including being able to drive for a week, easily.

If I lived in the country side and had my own property, I'd totally do this. Just buy food far in advance and eat it on a "First In First Out" (FIFO) basis. You will still be using the stuff you buy, you will be far in advance of what you need.

>indeed. this is going to be very important. make connections with trusted, like-minded preppers and have emergency plans in place.

Are you dumb? Why would you trust anyone else? What if the "trusted prepper" runs out of shit and decides to raid you? You never ever ever tell anyone about it.

I keep a store of fuel since a fuel shortage is likely in my country if some shit happens in the med. Even just a week is enough to have absolute chaos. Nobody knows about it.

Some people just like to keep their shit clean
Bleach can also be used to keep potable water sterilized, put a cup or two in a 55 gal drum of water

It's still good the keep it rotated
The last thing you want to do is rely on 10 year old canned goods since you never rotated them, it might still be good but it's not fun to think about