Aurum

What's the fucking deal with gold?

What was the use of gold before the twentieth century?

Discard ornaments and the fact that it is scarce and practically stainless.

I want a real UTILITY of it.

Because in my opinion you can live perfectly without the presence of it.

We, the people, are like ravens, in desire for shinny objects.

Attached: BNM.jpg (1000x1000, 695K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=B6sWFHijs-4
youtube.com/watch?v=8GP87dgTqF8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

god shes beautiful.

freemasons and jews love gold

for them gold has a lot of symbolism

damn she's pretty
i wanna

How shiny it is isn't what gives it its value. It's the fact that the private central bank can't print it.

But that doesn't mean Bullion houses haven't figured out how to force Gold's value to peg to the value of the paper with tricks.

youtube.com/watch?v=B6sWFHijs-4

Attached: traits_of_money.png (1000x813, 280K)

>What use was gold
ornamental beauty paired with non-corrosive properties. Malleability as well.

Unironically watch Battlefield Earth and read about the Annunaki.

electronics

>Owning gold gets you put in jail
better tell my fucking wedding ring that.

Anunaki

Attached: 1564209948953.jpg (700x590, 95K)

Without gold you wouldn't be able to post your faggot nonsense from your mommy's iphone or computer.

Not now,,, and not in such infinitesimal quantities,,, you dipshit.

I'm talking if you have a net worth of more than a million dollars and keep more than a few hundred pounds of the stuff.

We're not all minimum wage cucks working the cash register down at the subway you know.

When you go to spend your gold on the market, the government runs in and arrests you for posession of gold and immediately redeems you paper at the bullshit emergency-congressional defined peg which is basically a number pulled out of their ass.

Gold isn't a safe haven for the upcoming currency crisis.

Gold is valuable. Argentinians have a low store of gold and that is why Argentina is not considered valuable

For fucksake Argentina. Coins. Gold holds its value. A gold coin is worth the same amount, relative to its weight and purity all over the world. You could spend it anywhere, no matter what country it came from. The world was on the gold standard.

>what is photoshop

And another thing is that the Jewish State run media knows full-well beyond all doubt that Gold is not a sustainable solution for a civilization such as ours. There's not enough gold, a day's labor would be stored in a fleck of gold that would be invisible to the naked eye.

Sure you could digitize it, but then the government couldn't print away its value and give itself the money. So the temptation for the government's to demonize Gold as Satan is too high and thus what ends up happening is the government makes a new fiat currency and backs it up with a basket of real things that people need, such as a bundle of precious metals or other concrete things (to kickstart people's faith that the new inked paper has value).

The problem is the government will want to have a priority system to keep the plebian middle classes on the hook for their promised debts while government, wall street, banks and Jewish Media gets to service their debt with the old paper that has zeros added to the end of the number on the bill.

My solution is to keep your net worth in a basket of things that the Government simply can't do without. I'm talking the whole nine yards. Real Estate, Multifamily housing and land development, Businesses that employ people and Industrial equipment, product lines, goods and services people need regardless of fiat currency status. That way you can float the price of these things on the currency and during the crisis it's no skin off your back since you can just charge ten million dollars for your good/service and people have to go work their minimum wage job earning $500 million dollars per year to earn their bread, eggs, milk and a roof over their head.

Its utility was as a currency (the mechanism for recording wealth transfer in terms of capital). The most worthless non-corrosive metal or alloy in a society always ends up as the currency or at least the small change.

>I want a real UTILITY of it.

Being a currency standard is a very useful thing.
>is not so rare or so common to be unusable
>is stable, won't degrade
>is easily identifiable
>can be reasonably easily made into varying amounts, coins/bars/etc

And on and on. What the fuck would you use for currency? Giant rocks with holes in them? Lets see how fast your civilization develops compared to one using gold.

Gold's perceived value came from a few characteristics. It was semi rare, it was hard to fake before the development of cheap tungsten due to it's high density. It was generally easy to tell gold from other items. It had a value independent of governments in that gold was gold everywhere.

That worked semi well during low economic output that still conducted some barter. Farmers didn't buy and sell with gold, they traded animals, land, crops and goods. Lords took production rather than gold (because farmers didn't have any gold). However with gold as money you are in a balance between economic growth, gold production and the value of money.
Ideally you want your money to have the same value over a long period of time. With gold as money the value of both gold and notes changed depending on economic outputs and gold production. Currently we grow our economy faster than we can mine gold. This would lead to deflationary value of gold (the same value of gold buys more and more) which makes loans hard to do as a deflationary currency raises the cost of the loan.
If you borrow 1000g of gold and will pay back 1200g of gold in 5 years, if the value of gold changes from 100g buying a tank of gas to 100g buying 5 tanks of gas your not paying back 1200g of current gold but 6000g equivalent.

We currently live in the flip side where our money is constantly losing value, which makes it easier to take loans and do work now.

Goldbugs are morons. You don't invest in gold you hedge your money in non productive securities against potential loss in value. I'd rather have my money buy things that earn money rather than speculate on rises in price.

>What the fuck would you use for currency?
Ledger books. I write in my book I give you 100 units of money. You write in your book that you got 100 units from me. It's impossible to create more without consensus, it can't be stolen, it can't be faked, you can split it in any amount.
This however requires either a small closed community that you can audit, or an automatic system that will check for value trades.
Many extremely poor places currently use this system rather than government currency because it's easier, can't be stolen and better meets the needs of the community.

Good points I haven't worked that out in my brain yet. Is the reason the old soviet Union (USSR) collapsed and their civilization digressed to long lines for a government issue potato due to the fact that most people used gold to delimit their claims on future human labor, and since a market crash causes gold to have more value over time, it created a perverse incentive for people who had gold to horde it and not employ people, thus causing the death spiral that causes the central bank to say deflation "is bad"?

I know that deflation comes before hyperinflation as in

youtube.com/watch?v=8GP87dgTqF8

If there's a panic and there is a flight from the US dollar, what will happen?

1. If you mold a lion out of gold, it'll hold form for 1000 years without changing at all. The same is true for coins. It has no other practical utility save its shiny appearance and nonreactive nature.
2. Women think it's pretty and are willing to get men to kill each other over it.
3. Scarcity.

Relatively long-lasting and unreactive, but somewhat malleable. Pretty much it. It's not instrinsically valuable, since nothing is.

That's why I said before the 20th century.

I already know that. But why?

It makes clear sense. It used to be an inviolable way to keep the currency in circulation. But today it is used for electronics and money is typed or held in paper money, which would give a doubtful value to the material in these times. It have lost that utility of antiquity, but at the same time not.

I said that those three things. Doesn't count as needs for the human living.