90% of rain contains plastic

denverpost.com/2019/08/16/raining-plastic-colorado/
>Scientists testing rainwater around metro Denver and high in the Front Range mountains found microscopic bits of colored plastic in more than 90% of their samples — adding to growing evidence that plastics have contaminated the planet far more deeply than people can see.

>There are no limits in place, or standards, for this type of pollution, and federal scientists suggested the “microplastics” come from clothing through laundry drier vents, household materials such as tarps, and packaging that degrades, releasing bits that blow in the wind and wash into water — and presumably are evaporated into the atmosphere.
Well Jow Forums, when is the time to regulate microplastic?

Attached: 2775399.jpg (2000x1125, 1.31M)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carboniferous#Terrestrial_invertebrates
youtube.com/watch?v=NBRquiS1pis
happening.watch/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Probably soon

It's not a big deal. Wood was around before anything could digest it either. Some microbes are already evolving to eat plastic.

>wood was around before anything could digest it

Whut. Care to educate me on that?

>and presumably are evaporated into the atmosphere

You expect me to believe this crap? How the hell are plastic floating all the way to the clouds

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carboniferous#Terrestrial_invertebrates

Those bits of plastic in that picture are not microscopic I'm willing to bet people drink microscopic bits of plastic every day. Also the day a microorganism can eat plastic is a scary day.

why

>Outright lie to the public with something literally impossible
>Public still buys into the fear mongering and doesn't collect rainwater for the upcoming global power grid shutdown

Turn a flashlight on and point it up at the air.

And it's not evaporated. Heh.

We build lots of important things out of plastic, too.

theres already plastic in your shit so its too late

Okay, pretend I'm an idiot (I am)- where in that section of the Wikipedia article does it talk about things evolving to digest wood? I see the bit about air-breathing organisms appearing around that time, but nothing about the consumption and digestion of wood. I'm not saying you're wrong, just that I'm either missing something or too stupid to read between the lines.

The left bitching about what the left did to all of us

Ok

we are actually searching for something that can eat plastic it would solve the plastic recycling issue

This. If it can survive distillation, we're fucked. No reason to bother doing anything about it.

And simultaneously make plastic worthless overnight as everything made from it starts corroding away because the microorganism won't know the difference between grandmas pacemaker and an old wrapper on the ground.

it goes something like this, trees covered the earth. the trees then died and laid on the ground. there was no life to eat dead trees. they continued to just lay there. this happened for a very long time. eventually they got covered up by dirt. this eventually created the coal bearing layer of the earth. this no longer happens because there is life that eats dead trees.

Does this mean plastic eating bacteria are right around the corner? And that when one pops itll spread like wildfire?

This guy is not wrong. Plastic is in a ton of shit and its in items that are engineered dependent on the fact that it doesnt get eaten away by bacteria.

More specifically, if it's passing distilation, it's probably going through us.

so what your saying is that a layer of plastic will cover the earth and then become the next fuel source for future generations ?

Not him, but that's not impossible.

It's not evaporation he's talking about - it's entertainment and mixing of dust particles.

normal precipitation - rain, hail, snow - relies on solid particles to be present in the lower atmosphere to act as nucleation points - particles around which water can form into droplets/Ice/snow crystals. This role is normally filled by plain old dust.

What they're saying is that plastic particles are now so pervasive in the environment, that they're actively supplanting the dust as nucleation particles for precipitation. The article doesn't say it, but it might have something to do with the fact that certain plastics are designed to be hydrophilic, while others may become hydrophilic upon decomposition in the atmosphere due to UV exposure and oxidation. Normal dust - silicates, aluminum oxides, etc. - isn't quite as hydrophilic.

on the upside, depending on the particular kingdom that micro-organism evolves from, it might be compatible with your gut biome. Imagine eating plastics.

maybe in your shitty country

The landfills today will be the coal mines of the future people will say "Why did they waste so much of all this great material"?

>plastic is bad user, it never decays!
>look, user! The decaying plastic makes plastic particle contamination in rain!
Is there anyone over a single digit iq who believes this bullshit?

They aren't even trying at this point to hide the fact they want to go after living standards.

Simple experiment:
>collect rain water
>look at it under a microscope or use a high magnification lens

How did the left cause microplastics in rain ? If anything it was right wing capitalist

Attached: 1565032915302.jpg (470x470, 70K)

WE
LITERALLY
JUST
GREY
GOO"D
OURSELVES.

THANKS CAPITALISM.

Attached: 1538305590010.gif (350x255, 1.78M)

we must wear hemp clothes

and we must watch out what we cnsume in supermarkets and that we don't buy vegetables that grow under tarp

Attached: B3-DQ043_HEMP6__1000V_20190404143837.jpg (714x1000, 123K)

>Earth+Plastic = The reason for life on earth
GC got it right, mother nature's only reason to spawn humans, was to get us to make plastic for her. She won't need us any more soon, look out user!

You realize it's going to be extremely hard to filter it out because it is so small it gets carried with the water into the clouds and that's why it's in rainwater right?
Making very small durable filters and then running the whole ocean through them will take forever.
There's plastic trash everywhere in the oceans and most of the new plastic that gets in the ocean originates in Asia, that plastic breaks down over time in the water.
Also microfibers of plastic made into clothing get ripped off in the washing machines and make their way into the ocean.
There's plastic inside each and every one of you because it's in the rain it's in the ocean and it's in Sweetwater sources. Only places where it might not be is underground water sources. And guess where does that water go? Into you and into things you consume directly or indirectly, humans eat on average a credit card card of plastic annually.

when you wash clothes they lose small plastic particles
also plastic can get porous if it is exposed to time, sun, friction etc.

Implying that there will be people left in that timeframe

Denver. Post.

A bullshit rag aimed at riling up muh climate change

SAGE

>Q user

Attached: 1542981698853.gif (800x800, 247K)

That only happens if you wear clothing that's plastic or part plastic, funny that not long ago it was "buy plastic clothing it's recycled stuff!" and now it's literally going inside us

Water has been looking weird to me lately. It doesn't ripple like it used to. Strange lines. Perhaps a combination of microwaves and plastics? Are we becoming a TV dinner?

>there was no life to eat dead trees.
lol who says that?

I rathr think the trees fell into the swamp or lava and got covered with mud with a sour ph level so they gpt conserved over the centuries like mummies that are found in swamps.

Well fuck, now we know how the Mayans and shit went extinct. They invented plastic and wiped out their entire civilization. Same thing must have happened to the Greeks too. To any advanced civilization that fell, really.

hey, stop trying to steal my name faggot

bleach you dinguses

I wonder how that happened

Attached: iu.jpg (1200x799, 1.06M)

>Solis plastic
>evaporating
>solid plastic
This smells like shit

whats the big deal with plastics huh?

it's everywhere and that's ok

some people will die because of it

some people die anyways

fuck off

That’s like the plot of Nausicaa

I drink a glass every day. Keeps me bacteria-free.

If the water didn't wash away feces then they would find nigger shit too. And the water is wet.

Yeah and you are retarded enough to believe the Arctic icecore sample contained 40 percent cigarette butts too, let me guess.

how?

Petrified wood was able to become petrified because it existed before the wood-eating fungus that exists today

Attached: white-rot-fungi.jpg (800x600, 458K)

I wish there was some microbe that could eat plastic, testosterone levels would skyrocket overnight

It's so nice to see you two talking, after, you know....the thing that may or may not have happend.

Attached: 1565498741821.jpg (621x960, 124K)

Oh no! Quick, destroy the remaining heavy industry in western and cripple the working class with more emission shit on their cars!

>humans eat on average a credit card card of plastic annually.

It's every week you faggot kike

you type like a jewish and your post is leftist

Nigger it's in your body.
Microplastics so small they get swept up by the wind.
>Plastic ends up in snow through various routes which scientists are just beginning to investigate. Some come from sources on land, ranging from paint particles to tiny fragments of rubber from car tyres wearing down. Some of these find their way into the sea, where they are broken up by the waves and ultraviolet radiation, before being swept up into the atmosphere.

WHY DIDNT YOU LISTEN NOW ITS TOO LATE

Attached: A936CF89-0794-489B-8D08-7F79888203AF.gif (220x220, 754K)

>words
no. what you have written is entirely incorrect.

youtube.com/watch?v=NBRquiS1pis

what's GC

"Bacteria free" just what do you mean by that?

>90% of rain contains plastic

Attached: yooooooooo.jpg (223x198, 24K)

>That only happens if you wear clothing that's plastic or part plastic
which is the majority of clothes we're wearing today. People go to Primark, H&M, Walmart, Forever 21 etc. and it's all made from Polyester.

Only few people can afford to buy "organic" clothing and it often doesn't look "cool" and it's not adjusted to fashion trends.

There are people, mostly women, on youtube who got to "shopping halls" where they go on shopping sprees and tell other girls what to buy and many instagrams live of fashion product placement "#H&M #2019 #NeckholderTop" etc.

based and analbeadpilled

so fucking what?

there is a theory that only people in remotest parts of the world doesn't have it in their bodies, so I guess we're plastics buddies

we'll get cancer someday

who fucking cares

i wish you well though

>"Well Jow Forums, when is the time to regulate microplastic?"
>overwhelming majority of plastics in the evironment come from India and China
Good luck with that.

Attached: 484174bc5b0ec508c74387c4256d33f0.jpg (959x960, 125K)

You forgot to put on your memeflag

hehehe

Eh we don't actually get all that much energy from that kind of activity. It's a lot like when you eat too much protein in a short period of time and your farts smell like tear gas. You're not getting any energy from the bacteria breaking down the excess amino acids you can't absorb, the bacteria are benefiting your by removing that excess waste from your intestines and lessening the load on your own cells to intake it and process it before excreting it again.

You know, no black mold in my colon or whatever.

That's what turning you gay buddy. You also eat a lot of it.

George Carlin

plastic eating nano machines

oh i see

We need to kill 99% of the world population
Everything else is just fighting symptoms.

Attached: 89762345.png (345x325, 164K)

lmao

Lignin (wood) is a pretty tough substance on a molecular level. Those crosslinked polymers are not easy to digest.

keep in mind that the oxygen we're breathing is the waste from a previous wave of bacterial evolution
they died from it, and we arose

Attached: 1441069575289.png (1256x654, 895K)

Better start taxing us now right?

These faggots are worried about microplastics when we have zoomers eating tidepods and snorting condoms so they can outfag eachother on social media.

This

just about 1%
they call themselves jews

That's not what he said though, he said they were evaporating. It's important to specify if the plastic is in suspension like it actually is here or if it's a friggin vapor which should be impossible because plastics decompose before they reach the temperature where they evaporate.

true, as an example american chestnut wood was apparently rot proof. the logs would sit buried in the ground and not degrade like other woods. eventually an organism evolved to digest the tree and wiped them out, for the most part

based. Rainwater fags BTFO.

For real?

you forgot the niggers

Modern example could be pine bark beetle epidemic that fucked up like 70% of the trees in RMNP.

Why? If you collect rain in low populated area where niggers don't pollute then it's no problem.

A little bit of plastic in the diet is a good thing.

Added to the happening database:

happening.watch/

On Important Headlines section. Thanks OP.

>implying a pest ever drives itself to extinction
humans will be fine

juden

I've heard it's common for a lot of shithole countries to deal with their trash by burning it instead of making landfills. Maybe this is related.

That’s it I’m done drinking water. Going to just suck the moisture out of cactuses and shit the rest of my life.

>So fucking what
It could seriously hurt our health by hurting the gut bacteria and it decreases sperm count which causes infertility..
Things happen you move on, I could become chose to pretend to not be Israeli with one of the flags like what you are doing but I didn't :)
We need to make China filter all it's rivers before they enter the ocean so we'd at least prevent one of the major sources of plastic in the sea.
The world's governments should probably work together on removing plastic at sea I'm talking about the big pieces to prevent further creation of plastic particles but lots of it is just deep(multiple pieces of plastic have been observed on the surface of the Mariana trench seperate part of the ocean).
I doubt there would be any major effort because "it's in international waters"

Rain is surely a problem if it contains plastic, but your tap water contains plastic, fluoride, feces and other chemicals. Maybe it's time to go back to glass. No homemade store has anything in plastic, always glass.