Let's talk rationally about Greenland

I don't really like Trump, but this is one of his best proposals (please, all you cringy "let's invade Greenland" Amerimutts, get off this thread, I want a rational discussion with rational Americans and Danes and of course, all others).

>buying territories is a much better option for utilizing geopolitical potential than conquering them by force, and Greenland is simply a giant burden for Denmark (most of all, financial) and they can't utilize it the way it should be done

>USA already bought certain territories; Alaska from Russia, Louisiana from Spain and France etc.

>USA already traded land for money with Denmark; In 1916 and 1917, Denmark and the United States, respectively, ratified a treaty in which Denmark sold the Danish Virgin Islands to the United States for $25 million in gold

>Denmark's budget is around 100 billion dollars, which is only around 2% of American federal budget. In other worlds, if America bought Greenland for only 4% of it's budget (200 billion dollars), Denmark would secure it's budget for the next 2 years (and America would probably be ready to offer much more, which makes this a great deal for both USA and Denmark)

>Greenland has not only geopolitical potential, but also ecological, geographical and economic one, and USA would be much more capable to utilize it than Denmark; therefore, it is in America's intrest to buy Greenland just like it is in Denmark's intrest to sell it

Say what you want about Trump (I personally think he's a fool), but he's got a great nose for buisness, and a proposal to buy Greenland is a peak of his presidency.

>

Attached: Untitled.jpg (525x523, 86K)

the people of Greenland decide and they said they don't want it

fpbp

Let's talk about Epstein

>50,000 eskimos get to decide who controls the north american arctic
lolno. it’s us or russia, and this is our hemisphere. get fucked euroshits.

Attached: 928FD4E5-95A5-4183-816B-BC338CA678AE.png (487x500, 429K)

wrong
stay mad

not an argument mutt

Attached: 591539A3-E744-4F22-96F3-BFC855726906.jpg (750x841, 425K)

Mine the shit out of it.. all it's good for..

stay mad

Can anyone answer what it is America wants with Greenland?
>their military can do whatever, have had access since the 50's
>who's gonna stop them from sailing through the artic passages?
>just buy the fucking minerals

Trump wants to buy it because it looks big on the map, because he doesn't understand how the map is distorted. And now he's losing his mind over the incredibly mild comment of "absurd".

What a ball-less weakling. Imagine getting this butthurt over something so minor.

because if we don’t protect it russia will try weaseling it’s way into our continent. you guys controlling greenland is a national security risk.

Honest question, why are amerimutts so rapacious? You're all like toddlers in a fucking sandbox.

Attached: 1540586081377.png (5000x5000, 803K)

you literally have a fucking air force base there retard

yeah but it doesn't have an oil drill

american patriotism is used as a tool to make the americans support anything the US government wants
americans are fucking retarded

If Denmark wants Russia to have influence in the region then that is how it is, Not saying this is how it will pan out but that is just the reality.

Attached: 1544270669991.jpg (850x400, 76K)

Us military has a continuous presence in Greenland since Denmark surrendered to Germany in 1941.

This idea arose after Danes inexplicably invited Chinese military and commercial interests, they are one and the same, to setup there which the US military will NEVER accept

Attached: RNFetchBlobTmp_hx0zw10e6sr1b3xjfjzk5e.jpg (886x1024, 89K)

>you're dumb

Did we already have a vote on this? I don't think so

its 3x the size of texas

Let's say the US Armed Forces violate the sovereignty of Greenland and Denmark. That is to say, your leaders don't purchase it.
The United States will have one of the greatest and most severe diplomatic crises it has ever experienced. We're not talking two countries who have traditionally been ambivalent towards each other, i.e. USA/Russia or USA/China. We're talking Denmark, an American ally since the Second World War.
If the USA were to establish control over Greenland in every way but name, you can expect relations with Europe to immediately freeze. You would also frighten my country and lead to increased anti-American rhetoric up here. Canadians would think "first Greenland, are we next?".
Americans have always been poor long-term geopolitical strategists, nearly every scheme backfires at some point. This one would backfire immediately. It is not in the American's interests to further alienate its allies. America is powerful, but you don't want the whole world against you more than it already is. Of course there will be retarded answers like
>fuck you we have the largest military
>fuck you we have nukes
>fuck you we are the best
The suggestion to purchase Greenland is the American hubris on display.

>we
both of us know you're on Thule base

Corrected

no it won’t retard you’re forgetting crimea

great post retard

ukraine barely has any relations with Europe, mongoloid

And it looks like 10 times the size on the map, so let's buy it!

project iceworn

and greenland does? lol okay retard you think the eu will fuck itself over 50,000 eskimos

Do you really want your country to lose all of its moral high ground? Russia didn't care since they were already hated. The success American Empire is contingent on good relations with allies.

>denmark has no relations with most of europe
you're the dumbest nigger on this board

first they came for greenland. and i didnt speak up. because i am not greenland...

Vast northern arctic oil/natural gas reserves, control of the northern arctic waters. It’s simple, but with the advent of social media every 70iq fucking retard can post their shitty force fed “opinions” about shit they know nothing about

Yes, but have you considered U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!

How’s Trudeau’s corruption trial going

I'm pretty sure greenland was granted independent, the Danes let the natives have their shitty ice rock all to themselves.
It's still "owned" by Denmark, but pretty much in name only. The request for purchase is seen almost the same as trying to buy a sovereign state.
With all that being said it would still be really cool and interesting if the US did actually somehow pull it off.

>Let's say the US Armed Forces violate the sovereignty of Greenland and Denmark. That is to say, your leaders don't purchase it.
I don't think the US military can violate Greenlandic airspace. They are allowed to do whatever they want there

Buy the shit you want, and nothing is stopping your military to do whatever

Based

Trump and the U.S isn’t going to buy Greenland. He’s trying to bring attention to it for some reason. Most likely it’s being used by the Deep State.

How can hamburger meat be cheaply shipped to Greenland? its not America without hamburgers.

europe already hates us while we protect them. they are angsty teens rebelling against their parents who put a roof over their head. who gives a fuck what they think.

I mean in the sense that the US Armed Forces decide to rapidly increase military presence and influence on the island without consulting.

nice deflection Mutt Damon. I really liked you with Ben Halfblack in Good Genes Hunting.

Attached: 1559388709896.jpg (288x313, 34K)

The danes did 9/11

It's actually brilliant. America has Alaska in the Pacific and will have Greenland in the Atlantic. America is situated perfectly between the Pacific and Atlantic and has easy access to both markets. It's partly why it's so economically successful.

You overestimate the repercussions imo

They should rename it "Grenada"... it has 57'000 people inhabiting it, c'mon....

Trump wants a base there. Being a real estate guy, he knows the importance of owning land, rather than just leasing it.
So, the negotiations for a large US base in Greenland have begun.

So? They can do that

Based burger

>we protect them
from what?

You already have a base and more up there

>(please, all you cringy "let's invade Greenland" Amerimutts, get off this thread, I want a rational discussion with rational Americans

It is rational for the global empire to use force to expand.

We could finally fully surround the Canadians, which will be helpful in the oncoming war

>the people of Greenland decide and they said they don't want it

Self determination is a meme.

The US is in a strong position to become an international pariah again if it so chooses. Falling back from being the world police would distract the rest of the world from the USA. Globalism would be dead overnight.

The largest trading partner of the USA is Europe, to the tune of $807 billion dollars in 2018. Are you going to risk damaging your largest economic partnership?

>vote a nationalist into power
>immediately discard nationalism and go into imperialism mode

this is why we can't have nice things

Yep, Greenland is like a FWB being asked to become a GF. The natives will be better off as US Citizens.

I don't want that money pit. Scandos love nothing more than throwing gibs around. They should keep it.

True.

This is not the issue. The issue for Denmark is that they made such deals unconstitutional after the last offer to buy Greenland.

>nationalism and imperialism are mutually exclusive

There is a big difference the globohomo plutocratic internationalist order and the empire of a great power.

We don't want it.
In fact, we want you to take Puerto Rico.

>USA already bought certain territories; Alaska from Russia, Louisiana from Spain and France etc.
This is why it will not be sold.

It is a very good idea. The resources under the ground, the shipping lanes it can control, maritime boundaries and cock-blocking Chinese expansion are all solid reasons for this.

It's not a money pit with the ice caps melting.

you're a hypocrite

>The issue for Denmark is that they made such deals unconstitutional after the last offer to buy Greenland.

Denmark's constitution has never prevented territorial changes in the past.

Disband NATO and find out.

>tfw doing my thesis on possible new oil reserves in Greenland and economic potential from state secret scientific data

Should I send a copy to the American embassy?

Attached: 6034E0A8-474B-461E-8554-81756E50B2E5.png (788x699, 21K)

>Canadians would think "first Greenland, are we next?"
That is the logical next step. Once we take Greenland, Canada is next.

Here's my proposed borders for the new states.

Attached: Canadian states.png (653x597, 32K)

Attached: ECXzFuBXkAc0Dbf (1).jpg (717x745, 118K)

From the furry BVLL of the East, otherwise known as "the Bear"

god i wish

>you're a hypocrite

How? Manifest Destiny is American as apple pie.

>canada and denmark
>American allies
Top kek, dog fucker.

apple pie is not american

The deal would be lucrative for all parties involved. Infrastructure would increase, access to new employment opportunities, medical and manufacturing facilities. Actual protection against private security contractors from China and Russia. It's not like we want to do anything extraordinarily detrimental to the growth of the region.

Greenland is of tactical importance and keeps Denmark relevant.

Additionally it'll be a fucking goldmine of wealth once some of that fucking ice melts

Based.

>Should I send a copy to the American embassy?

Post here, unironically. We'll vouch for your exclusion from the camps.

>pristine, Norse and Native people filled Greenland will get BLACKED by American NIGGERS

Attached: 1482340026559.jpg (800x800, 359K)

Tens of thousands of Canadian and American troops conduct joint exercises every single year. We also cooperate on Arctic security and the security of the continent as a whole.
You would have to conscript every able bodied man in your nation to even have a chance at properly integrating Canada.

Please stop saying apple pie everyone, I am on a diet and the stores are still open... and they sell apple pie... ;(

Of course not. It's a silly thing to put in a constitution to be quite honest. If somebody offers to buy a territory from you it might be in your geopolitical interest to do so, or suffer potential future consequences.

Sure why not.

We should do that anyway. That shit is obsolete.

Attached: graph3.png (1366x927, 670K)

DANISH AND NATIVE PEOPLE OF GREENLAND ARM YOURSELVES AGAINST MUTTS

>56,000 more Abbos on gibs isn't a money pit
Lol. 'Kay.

Blacks don't have the wealth to move to these places, the environment is extremely challenging in a general sense. Ask the Alaskans how many blacks they see everyday.

>apple pie is not american

The "build your country below sea level lmao" ingenuity, everyone.

>Canadians would think "first Greenland, are we next?".
I welcome our Trumpian overlords.

Don't the Canadian states have a long standing open invitation to US statehood if they so choose.

Stupid borders desu. The states need to be much smaller in the south than the current provinces and a single large territory in the north to divide into smaller states as the land becomes usable.

It's mostly the EU profiting from a tax policy aimed against American car manufacturing. Top line dental and surgical equipment come from the US and have no replacement in Europe (medication itself is good in the EU). Top line science equipment is American-made. Top line power chips and electronics (the kind you need so that your Taiwanese processor can actually run without blowing up) are made in the US. All but antiquated 70s models of music equipment come from the US. The EU would be 1000% more fucked than the US

I mean the military.