What aspect of 1990s culture do you miss?

What aspect of 1990s culture do you miss?

It may be just me being a 90omer, but life in the 1990s seemed overall to be less stressful, less filled with anxiety, and a sense of collective and local culture still existed. Granted video games are better now, and there are way more options of what entertainment to consume, but not all change has been good.

Attached: 1990s.png (1101x771, 2.23M)

Looks like 1960s or 1970s.

The fact that it wasn't as politically correct as everything after it, honestly.

The only thing keeping jokes from being funny, music from being fun or uplifting, movies from being honest and heartfelt, video games from being cool and rock n' roll from existing at all is political correctness. Get rid of that and we'll get it all back in a rush.

People weren’t insane broken records that’s for damn sure.

The way girls dressed. Gimmy a bitch in low rider flair bottoms and a tank top. Sick of these high waited mom shorts that show me the whole ass. Like bitch I want to unwrap that present i don't need the surprise ruined.

One of the things I miss most was not seeing a cell phone in every girls hands.

belly shirts... when girls were modest except for that 2-3 inches of belly........

Columbine

Attached: 1565899456859.gif (195x146, 950K)

Blade was just about killing vampires and Snipes was cool as fuck.

Him being black had no relevance

The internet ruined everything. Stupid bald monkeys can't handle it.

Calling my friends fags when they were being fags. JNCO jeans. Pantera. No spics.

No third worlders in my town

>seemed overall to be less stressful, less filled with anxiety
Maybe you should get off the internet for a while and play sports.

Less land whales

yep. that was fucking lit.

Attached: heroes_of_columbine.jpg (474x355, 27K)

People here were still faggots who didn't realize muslims are a big problem though. Nowadays those lowlives have a gigantic inferiority complex because they know they're hated. Rightly so.

>90omer
stopped reading

Ive got a pair of JNCOs buried way deep in the garage. Im too embarrassed to be seen giving them to charity.

I think Ill bury them in the middle of the night... With a glow stick and some acid.

since WW2 and the creation of Israel the West has deteriorated year by year. The 1950s were better than the 1960s. 60's better than the 70's. 70's > 80's.
80's > 90's.
90's > 00's
00's > 10's
in a few years we'll miss the good ol 10's.
inb4...>but muh iphone, kikebook and jewtube.

Attached: 1409974323.jpg (1300x1038, 229K)

The lax attitude.

The fuck is with you weirdos basing quality of life on how good or bad fucking video games are? Really? THAT'S your barometer. Christ.

But they were better, there's no denying that.

My hot Slovakian au pair driving me around and her sneaking her Chad American BF into our basement and I filmed them having sex at age 10.
1997 was the shit.

Attached: lego pizza.jpg (480x360, 14K)

I miss how little pressence politics had in general. My friends ranged from anarchist punks to far righters and they were friends with each other too. Movies and videogames had no political message or lecturing (or at least not so insufferable as today). Just a nice story with maybe some philosophical ending to think about.
And most impotantly... Going to the countriside to go hiking or whatever wasn't trendy so urbanites didn't taint the rural world with their filth.

For 90s- overall feeling of liberty(soviet union fall), Tv had some actually interesting stuff,western movies, computers started to appear in everyday life, everything was new, everything was interesting.
Also people were not looking like fucking zombies

>Granted video games are better now
Absolute bullshit

life these days is trash and destitution, anarchy will change reality and give us an opportunity to traject as a species towards higher purpose and living

Fuck all of you and your mothers.

Attached: duke nukem.jpg (1200x800, 135K)

There were less people about.

Before 1994 UK shops had to shut on sundays & sunday was nice quiet day.
Of course now its just another awful consumption day.

Anything pre social media was definitely better than where we are as a culture now

Less propaganda, less pc

Its like we traded out rock stars for politicians. Every single day politicians are parading in front of the cameras like the people are their fucking fans.....

>Granted video games are better now

Graphically, yeah, obviously, but I like how most 1990s games were single-player or local multiplayer experiences that you pay for only once with no microtransactions.

I know Dreamcast games had early online functionality but even the original Phantasy Star Online is still somewhat playable in single-player mode years after the official servers for the Dreamcast version were turned off and there are unofficial servers that are still up and running.

Some youtuber did a similar comparision. Politicians act like rockstars when they should be just public workers.

Upload it

>My friends ranged from anarchist punks to far righters and they were friends with each other too.
Cringe

Attached: 1555243434308.jpg (539x578, 37K)

the fact having fun was still allowed

Golden age of video games and movies, more white, less politically correct bullshit, sand niggers stayed in their shit holes. Seems like everything went to shit after 9/11

Attached: toysrussnesad.jpg (1024x818, 192K)

It's weird, because I remember 15 years ago Gen Xers used to consider around 1998 to be the start of shitty proto-2000s culture like nu metal, teen pop, Japanimation and AOL. But now millennials try to cram 1998-2004 or 1998-2001 into the "last of the glory days"

Attached: 1234567876543.png (1306x984, 572K)

>less internet
>no social media
those are the only reason 90s were better.

Millennials are gay. Unfortunately they put me in that group. I'm 37.

Football wasn't as commercialized either. I'm not interested in it anymore.

people felt like they owed society something then, not it's people feeling like society owes them something. People are too sheeple to be left to their own devices...

>90's grill: Computers are for nerds!
Oh yea bitch???

no perpetual war for zog

BASED

It's 90's ~ 1960's Retro because sad, pathetic losers in the 90's wished it were the 60's. Now, they wish it were the 90's.

Attached: 1546866253404.jpg (1500x1021, 205K)

I graduated high school in the 90s and shit was better. Media was more offensive and nothing was political and we all had a good time and got a long way better than nowadays. Everyone got along great. Things were better.

They try to tell you that is wasn't better or that "every generation" feels like it was better back then, but that's a lie to try and keep you from remembering what they have taken from us

I get that impression too

crazy bones

The political incorrectness. I could have a laugh with my mates, even non-whites ones.

I don't like how columbine ruined trench coats/dusters or long coats of any kind really. They can be legitimately useful items of clothing in certain situations

I'm late Generation X and I loved 1999 since it had the Dreamcast and a large number of great movies. I can't say as much about the state of pop music in 1999 but I mostly listen to 1970s and 1980s music anyway.

it was probably the last half of 98 or 1999 that the foundation for modern culture was forming

Columbine 99, Boy bands, shitty star wars reboot. Basically, the moment rollerblades were no longer cool or socially acceptable to use is when the 90s died and that was probably 97 or 98

Our youths were more or less the same as our parents' youths. They had tv, radio, cars, music, 'hip' clothing (the same brands that remained popular), mobility. They only didn't have videogames and movies on video... You can't compare that to how it is now.

Music died in the 90s.

They don’t dress for you faghot they probably don’t even know you exist

Too many non-whites nowadays. It was rare you see a nigger or even fresh of the boat mystery meats. Goddamn my once white area was browned up within a decade.

Girls had less tats.

Ironically the 90s were the fucking dark times of politics in my province

Granted it's barely better now but locally speaking the 60s 70s and especially the 80s are considered our golden age. 1991 and onwards is when we took a sudden and hard decline

no one in the 90s wished it were the 60s. Not even my boomer parents who were teenagers. They were jealous I got to spend my youth in the 90s. I have two kids and I feel bad they have to grow up in this day and age. The opposite of how it was for parents in the 90s

It's because that's what millennials can remember

Ask the "early" gen Z what the last of the glory days are and they'll say up to 2013 however it seems there's a bit of a feeling that they missed out on the 90s

Why have I seen this exact post before?

You don’t enjoy PC culture because you can’t be racist, sexist or homophobic irl anymore

Can you expand on this, netherdude, I don't quite understand what you mean. I think i get 90 percent of it but not everything

99 zoomer. Here.

It wasn't Columbine. By the early 90s, trenchcoats were considered to be edgy and out of fashion, mostly for being associated with the Gestapo.

>tfw watched encino man last night and felt like I had a soul again

I fucking hate Nickelback

Whites everywhere you went, the mall and public parks and public anything wasnt littered with nigs/spics and trash. Nigs usually knew their place and didnt act out as much either.

The 90s and extend that to about the arely 10s in a way were just the perfect balance of technology and "real life". The internet existed and video games but they were something people did for maybe an hour or 2 a day and then did stuff with real people in the real world. Nowadays people are online except when sleeping and how dare you go to places with friends if you're over 16 lest the cops thing you're up to something

We can relate to our parents a lot more than our kids will relate to us.

Case in point. Adults today who complain about kids on video games have no foot to stand on. If they had video game when they were kids, they most likely would have stayed inside, too. They dont know what its like to grow up in this era...

We, 30+ and older, grew up with the same activities as our parents. Our kids, arent. Completely different.

Non existence of smart phones

>video games are better now

Horse shit. They’re more technologically advanced now, obviously, but games in the ‘90s were a lot more fun.

Younger me would've said the graff and rave scenes. But of course at least the latter was contrived by alphabet agencies as a "counter culture 2.0".

Yeah but if you were say wearing a long raincoat and it was raining people would get why it was being worn not immediately assuming that you had a gun hidden under it

>What aspect of 2010s culture do you miss?
Hey there, Delilah
Come with me to Occupy Wallstreet
I'll bring my guitar and you can bring your iPod
My T-shirt's white
I play Halo alright
OOOOOOHHHHHHH
My hair is medium length
OOOOOHHHHHHHH
Let's go watch Cloverfield
and go clubbing

Attached: Ashton Kutcher commercial cameras.jpg (500x282, 104K)

> $70.00 for NBA Hangtime
Holy shit, video game prices were always retarded expensive.

Gen X here, the 90's ended in 2001 -culturally and emotionally, for what's it's worth.

it's what is

Attached: shitto.jpg (666x1967, 181K)

That's been a huge change. Been watching for cops like they are my enemy for years, I just instinctively try not to give them any reason to interact wirh me. I am used to it now, but do remember that it didn't use to be that way.

it was way way easier to get laid. Even the dorks (like me) had gfs. Nowadays social media and feminism cause princess syndrome have pretty much made most young dudes seem not good enough for young women, all of my nephews in their teens and 20s are incel.

>The fact that it wasn't as politically correct as everything after it, honestly.

Yea, I remember calling my friends faggots when they did something like a faggot... those days are over sadly.

well, my close friends I still do, but you can't do it with other's listening or it can be social suicide.

Why hasnt the price of video games inflated along with the consoles?

>I'm 37
you're born in '82? That makes you late Gen X.

Affirmative.

Girls were not wearing those godawful highwaisted jeans. Seriously fuck you Taylor Swift for bringing that back.

rock n roll died in the early 00's, but music is still around.. it's just boring now.

Everyone knew how to compartmentalize still. You could be friends with someone who didn't agree with you politically and both people would just agree to not talk about politics with one another. Blacks weren't so damned sensitive and openly acknowledged that there are blacks and then there are niggers, and blacks in the 90's hated niggers. Mentally disturbed people were in mental asylums and not homeless on the street injecting heroin and being used as political chess pieces.

Yes, progressives and any other shit didn't exist here. Also people were more polite.
What I don't miss is the food shortages that took a few years to get rid of after communism fell.

>fugly baggy pants
>skateboarding
>everything having a part of mystery and edge, before the internet commodified and destroyed everything

LAN parties

Grandma jeans. Yay......

>What aspect of 1990s culture do you miss?
White people

>What aspect of 1990s culture do you miss?
UN DOLAR == UN PESO PAPA!

Almost everything. Culturally, everything was better back then.

the culture wasnt as niggered either.

seriously, go on any pop news site, its all just gifs of famous niggers. I miss celebs being white people.

>and how dare you go to places with friends if you're over 16 lest the cops thing you're up to something
is it really like this now? I can't imagine how that must be.. I was 15 in 1990 and was out and about all the day and all night long, getting drunk smoking weed chasing girls and being with my friends. We had no internet, no cell phones and just hung out and went out and no one thought bad about that.

were muslims a problem in the 90s?
I dont remember seeing any at all

They tell you that the decades are 90-00, 00-10 but culture wise the decades are 86-96, 96-04, etc.

>video games are better now
haha NO

>Get rid of that and we'll get it all back in a rush.
haha NO

haha NO

Videogames peaked in the 2000's with ps2 that was the golden age