Do you believe in an afterlife? My worst fear is living forever. Even in heaven

Do you believe in an afterlife? My worst fear is living forever. Even in heaven.

Attached: 65lvqpuik0r21.jpg (521x767, 41K)

Other urls found in this thread:

jesus-is-savior.com/Books, Tracts & Preaching/Printed Books/Golden/sgdb-chap_14.htm
streamable.com/3j3hc
astralpulse.com/frankkepple.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

id actually just like to live in this world forever tho
heaven just sounds boring if there is no longing, nothing to strive for, why exist?

Wouldnt the worst fear be that there is no God and the devil was just fucking with us the entire time

>My worst fear is living forever. Even in heaven.
this is why most religions introduce some notion of an elevation to a higher state of consciousness. Existing like we exist now is not enough to make us want to exist forever. Something has to change. There are some solutions like reincarnation where one forgets and starts over (though his soul is a bit different each time depending on deeds and what he has learned). In Christianity you get to be an angel and, by this, a higher level of consciousness capable of being happy for all eternity.

>my worst fear is living forever
There is no ending. It's not as bad as you think. Probably.

1. If you live forever in this world, what could you potentionally long or strive for? Unlimited time would geant you every wish and sooner or later you would have anything you wanted, resulting in the same "pointless" life you criticize about heaven.
2. If an afterlife doesnt exist, why would you strive for anything in the first place, if you would lose everything, both material and immaterial treasures, such as memory, experience, feelings, knowledge ...

I believe you enter eternal stages of evolution, I mean wouldn’t it just be daft if it wasn’t so, seems unlikely? You can enter certain realms if you have the desire the drive and most importantly the right attitude! All I say is give it a real good go allow yourself to drift, allow, and manifest, because to be honest everything is a manifestation of some sought. Forget the later that will eventuate concentrate on the now and enter a state of trance if you dear!

Don't worry about it, you won't have the will to resist the trap that is the reincarnation matrix. The moment you see the bright light and some figure dear to you (whether it's your religious prophet or a loved one) you'll be sucked into their trap. Then they'll show you all your life and all it's fuck ups and say "hey man you made a lot of mistakes, would ya wanna go back and try again?". They send you back no matter what you think, but not before wiping your slate clean and probably thinking of some karmic joke they find funny (like putting you in a nigger body for your next life). The moment you get caught in the matrix there is no free will. We're all down here to suffer. Forever

Attached: He_Comes.jpg (860x460, 133K)

It's way worse/better than an afterlife. It's time dilation. That last nanosecond of perception as you die is 'redshifted' for an incomprehensible amount of perceived time.

Attached: 411604_10150850437551256_338283803_o.jpg (798x984, 199K)

>My worst fear is living forever
too bad.
everybody does.

If there was a loving God I am sure he would give us the option to chose not to exist anymore. Like that Q from Star Trek who grew tired living forever.

Fear of mine as well, also fear of infinity as a yonder person. And the infinite expanse of space. Scary to ponder as an adolescent

I believe this is the only life we get, no rewards or do-overs, so we better get it right and make a world worth fighting for.

As for living forever, the only way I could see that being true is if the universe starts over after heat death and we live the same lives over again (a concept Nietzsche toyed with). But this too seems unlikely and it wouldn’t matter (subjectively speaking) if it was the the case.

The earth has been flooded several times over to erase mistakes and bury evidence. That's why there are ancient civilizations, artifacts, structures that seem out of place and impossible to build. Every civilization before us has fucked up and been eradicated. And we're doing it again. Next flood is in 200 years. By then, we will be in full on Sodom & Gomorrah mode. Our creator(s) will rightly cleanse the planet yet again. And we will all queue up for yet another redo after our memories are wiped. So, don't worry OP. You won't remember a thing. Maybe next time, we'll be giant denisovans.

also technically we spent 14 bln/infinite amount of time being dead/non-existent so we have this option as well - we cease to exist and we don't feel a thing

Life being finite is what gives it meaning. Honestly think about it what would you fucking do all day for eternity. When I die I would like the purpose of life explained to me and why I was here. And they I cease existing. That sounds like a nice ending to me.

I'll worry about it if I get there.

If you got into heaven you would never want to leave.

You're so ignorant.You would have far worse fears than living forever if you actually understood how things work here. Personally I fear resets

Nope I have no greater fear. When I die I want to be dead. Like it was before I was born. Nothingness.

This is a real problem, it is a form of hell. Kind of like a Rod Sterling episode.
It is actually a very quantum problem. I think it life is eternal then we likely go through several metamorphosis.
One by and large theory is that our natural state in spirit form, and we come to earth to learn.
Or it could actually be that spirit form gets boring with all those 72 virgins constantly draining our balls, kek
So we send some of us here to the physical world to provide entertainment.
So in essence maybe all the world is truly a stage and we are wearing masks and performing roles.
Nice topic OP

jesus-is-savior.com/Books, Tracts & Preaching/Printed Books/Golden/sgdb-chap_14.htm

Attached: Fver.jpg (1920x1179, 1.09M)

You can find solace in knowing everything and every person you've ever loved or hated, all people for that matter only live here, on this tiny little spec in a vast expanse of a deadly never ending vacuum of exponentially expanding space time.
Carl Sagan said something like that.

in theory it is quite easy to imagine a heaven where one can entertain himself for a couple of thousand years. Imagine being a godlike being - more like a superman/greek gods type of a god. World like this one could entertain you for a long time if you ask me.
You could say that the experience/knowledge/vision we gain in this life is used to build our perfect next life and all things we learn in the next life determine the life that comes after.

>not wanting to live forever
Short-sighted fool.

streamable.com/3j3hc

Attached: pol pill.jpg (1199x663, 383K)

Your consciousness came into existence out of nothing. It will return to nothing after you die. What prevents it from springing out of nothing again as a different you ?

>In Christianity you get to be an angel
So we get to be lower beings?

In fact, how do we know we're all not just the same thing at core, just wearing a unique mask. Presumably we all can agree that our experience of reality came out of nothing. And death is nothing more than reverse birth... So we'll all end up in the same substrate again, except you'll realize it was all just you from the beginning.

>durr a loving god would give me whatever I want!

living forever sounds worse the more you think about it, even if that is in a "perfect" afterlife. hopefully we are reincarnated. despite the possibility of being born into a new life that is miserable or full of pain, it also gives you the chance to forget said things from an earlier life, and do something great again. after all, the journey is the reward.

>My worst fear is living forever
I could think of a bunch of stuff to do. I’ve had conversations about nothing that have lasted hours

Sauce

Like why wouldn't he though? You've proven your worth to him have you not?

Attached: 1565505955781.jpg (700x700, 111K)

Because God loves you so he won't let you cease to exist even if you want to. There.

>Next flood is in 200 years
They been saying this for thousands of years stop trying to pretend you know anything about His plan because you dont and to say you do is fucking blasphemous

Attached: 1538779182411.png (322x395, 201K)

People have been saying that for thousands of years just because the date seems like a nice time for it to happen. What proof has there ever been? A fucking calendar having an ending? The roman calendar ends every year, and we don't say the world is going to end. When actual evidence suggests that an apocalypse is coming soon is when I became worried.

Of course there is an afterlife, it is just simply the most logical conclusion possible. However one must ask first - for yourself - why do you fear your own existence? And for our collective reality how must we overcome that modern zeitgeist impelled by a self destructive mentality.

Living forever via our own, REAL, things, is potentially within our time frame
This include
genetic editing for IQ(the higher IQ humans then further imrpove the process, burst of tech including immortality methods)
AI (either kills us or gives a burst of tech, including immortality methods),
life extension(which lets you live to see immortality)
and others....
>b-b-b-ut muh overpopulation
it won't be handed out to every fucking human on the planet, plus space, immortal humans can just venture into space and leave this nigger dirt ball behind to burn
>b-b-but it would be miserable
classic NPC answer, in reality in the short time you've lived, you've seen amazing advancements. I would HOPE that the idea of seeing just how far the human race can go, and what they create, greatly intrigues you
So yeah, the boomer gen can be the last humans to experience death, have fun faggots, you've earned
don't worry, I'm sure you'll s-seee y-y-your god.....pftttt ahahahahahahaha

Attached: 1537262962026.jpg (822x901, 85K)

You're already dead, OP
This is hell

Eternal life is made up by selfish people who fear death. Old life dies and new life is born. Eternal life goes against nature. Don't be greedy.

>fits no known definitions of hell
>sure as fuck has a lot of happiness to be "hell"
yeah, not hell

Attached: 1558679866546.jpg (960x934, 55K)

>So we get to be lower beings?
not really, angels don't seem to be lower than us. I'm not sure if there is any biblical proof that they are below us. Also Bible doesn't really elaborate on the afterlife.
>Eternal life is made up by selfish people who fear death. Old life dies and new life is born. Eternal life goes against nature. Don't be greedy.
nature of what? you can't put an equal sign between nature of this world and the nature of things above this world

I create worlds of people in my dreams. I learn a lot by creating these worlds and perhaps in a way it’s a responsibility as well, once one is created. My dreams have big worlds and many things happen. For me it’s just a dream, for those in it, I think it’s their world, most of them don’t know it’s a dream. And things happen, sometimes they play orchestras, make galleries if art, cook breakfast, lead a war, die or I wake up. But they don’t really die like you’re thinking. And they don’t suffer from their relative immortality either. Their suffering is abolished when they return to me. They are all just a part of me, they are saved in me and may be remembered as a lesson or returned to their life again. Religion makes a lot more sense if you possess your own world like that. I wonder sometimes, maybe our life is like that too. A dream of some greater eldritch abomination.

Do you fear waking up from a dream?

>Do you fear waking up from a dream?
it's surprising that many people don't even have colors in their dreams, as I heard. Some don't have all the senses and a dream is always like a movie at best.
I've been a lucid dreamer since 12. Before that I could force myself to get the same comfy dream each night. However, after many of such dreams I realized that all of them are like a caricature or a simplified version of reality. So simplified that they fail to entertain me sometimes.
Still, some dream can feel so real and they fill me up with energy more than anything else in reality.

>why exist?
Why we are still here? Just to suffer.

Delete this

you live in heaven as long as you choose to, and reincarnate when you choose to. Usually lovers decide they want to find each other again.

Afterlife is more interesting than this life.

Attached: MHadiTr.jpg (830x562, 264K)

>1.
would it though? Keep in mind you are only a human you dont have any powers just immortality, and some things can only happen at a certain time and never again so it is reasonable to think that you wouldnt achieve everything even with unlimited time
>2.
solved with immortality, you dont have to worry about something you wont ever have to experience

This is just a simulation, a video game used with entertainment, therapeutic or educational purposes.
The same way some people use hallucinogenic drugs in this reality, in base reality this is also true.
Relax, live and do what your inner call tells you to strive for. Everything is going to be fine.

astralpulse.com/frankkepple.html

I like this one. Instrumentality when tho.

No.
When you die. Everything ends.
You are just a chemical reaction.

You don't know that.

You can't even be absolutely certain that you're not in a simulation.

And even from a physics stand point, we know that your experience of reality is just a neurological rendering which ultimately has no substance what so ever... So that you can NEVER prove the existence of an external world.

What evidence could you possibly point to with your finger to prove that there is an external world, when all you empirically have is consciousness ?

What are you waiting for?

Attached: C442EB85-145B-4D95-9445-6DFA2A8964D1.jpg (1024x933, 102K)

Kill your self and tell us how it is over yonder.

Why would any of you live longer than you should? You are simply not built for it.

You can enter fase 3 and without killing yourself.

If you insist on solipsism, nothing can prove you wrong. That is the irony of solipsism. If you have unflinching belief in solipsism, nothing can make you chance your mind.

Same as all the other beliefs, in fact.

That is unnecessarily gloomy view. Rather, old life becomes new life, through metamorphosis of organic material. Everyone of us, as all living things, are basically just recycled material from previous states of this same material. Nothing new is made in world when "new" life is born. It's only recycled organic material, that is all.

Old life changes to new life, to different forms of existence, through death and birth.

Attempting to apply our space time rules to something like that is meaningless when we don't even know if they apply to the entire physical universe.

No. That makes actual sense, for everything on earth is just recycled organic material.

Only hipsters say they don't want to live forever, right? It's a meme or something.

Attached: 565465464.png (300x229, 61K)

>a meme or something

Yes.

He does give you the option. You can neck yourself at any time you want. Do it you nihilistic faggot, no balls.

According to those who claim they know the will of the heavenly father figure, an hero is a sin.

i'm confident that the afterlife will be glorious and we will get to laugh at all the abrahamites

Attached: Gods of Thunder.jpg (1948x2048, 494K)

Yes. You could also be tormented forever.

Attached: 1560480415713m.jpg (1024x784, 248K)

The afterlife exists; what you desire shall be your afterlife.

Could there be a reality where i fornicate with that anime character? That'd be awesome.

I tend to think the eternal recurrence is real. I mean, just think about eternity. No matter what the projections about the heat-death of the universe, all those trillions of trillions of trillions of years aren't even a drop in the bucket of eternity. It seems that at some point the conditions that made (You) would come about again. A big crunch, a new big bang for a new universe, whatever. And (You) would be unconscious for all the intervening time so...when you die your shitty autistic virgin life restarts, exactly the same, forever.

Attached: 1566329939917.jpg (681x1024, 61K)

so... getting bombarded by brapps?

Attached: EA74fOZVUAcxHuI.jpg (828x932, 108K)

The real redpill is that your consciousness is eternal. You've been here before in another vessel, and you'll be here again after your physical death in another vessel. Consciousness is fundamental, it's the essence of reality. Think of reality like a dream.

Attached: Tuckers_Theory.png (1000x408, 85K)

Who is this Walking piece of shit?

Attached: 1558983025002.png (560x600, 350K)

that is so fucked up

If you're British in the current year, absolutely

>My worst fear is living forever.

i used to have that problem. i used to think about eternity and panic. i stopped being religious and havnt worried about for a long time now though. now im not sure if theres an afterlife but i think its most likely it will be like before i was born when i die. nothing. btw fear of eternity is called Apeirophobia if no one has mentioned it yet.

You get to do all the stuff in heaven that you never had time for on earth.