Guns, Germs, and Steel

Why does this book trigger Jow Forums so badly? Why are you only able to post debunked memes and pseudoscience in response instead of sound intellectual arguments?

Discuss.

Attached: ggs.jpg (328x499, 40K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qvaxPH3ftUQ
youtu.be/qvaxPH3ftUQ
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morgenthau_Plan
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

OP is a faggot

Saged and reported fgt

Thank you for proving my point.

Attached: edj.jpg (810x539, 59K)

op-ed pieces are to be ignored, op.

does the book imply that the evolution in geographical populations isn't real?

Attached: the absolute state of black IQ.png (1683x1446, 1.43M)

I haven't seen a thread on this book in years.

Here's a nearly 3 hour long video of AltHype destroying Jared Diamond and his work:

Why are aussies only able to shitpost and sperg out when called out? Discuss.
Never even seen a thread on this book. Eat shit and die op

Moose were domesticated as soon as Europeans arrived. They were found to be docile and powerful yet easy to tame.
Diamond has been eviscerated by peer review he is a laughing stock of academia.

He's the guy that made me realize that most intellectuals are mouth-breathing retards.

>sound intellectual arguments
>Guns, Germs, and Steel
The number of assumptions the author makes in order for this drivel to work requires it to be shelved alongside steampunk alt-histories.

Attached: science.jpg (940x960, 94K)

jared must be running low on cash now that leftist academics have more or less stopped making his shitty ass book required reading. he is now "too far right."

Attached: problem-jared-diamond-checkmate-jared-diamond-39218090.png (500x429, 132K)

Because the kike who wrote this is spouting bullshit

No one is triggered by this shit book.

>Asians, Arabs, and Europeans were just lucky to FIND domesticated animals, crops suitable for agriculture, and resistance to horrible diseases.

Don’t worry about it. This place can be an echo chamber of underaged and shills.
I’ve been meaning to buy and read this book, you got a qrd of it?

WASP THREAD

SAGE

"Intellectuals" are there to perform the task of muddying the waters and getting you off track. Juden Peterson functions (or functioned) to prevent Whites from embracing their race before all else, so he appeased his majority demographic audience will all that bullshit when the answer all along is your race and only your race.

Sage

lol thisI heard one of these leftist faggots talk about how he gives a "deterministic" view of history and thus doesn't address "the responsibility of Europeans for colonialism". i.e. he doesn't promote white guilt enough.

That's not an Aussie. A real aussie wouldn't be such a pillow biter. That there is an imposter leftard my friend.
P. S. we disown Melbourne, its full of faggots!

Attached: 1542359221264.jpg (480x540, 92K)

Give me ONE legitimate shitpost to prove you’re a REAL AUSSIE

Because it’s shit and doesn’t explain anything merely dances around the issue and makes ridiculous claims.

It's an older slide thread.
There used to be one every month or so.

Yeah that’s the nice thing about alt hype he doesn’t beat around the brush he goes right in and explains exactly how retarded the “intellectuals” are. How he has the patience to sift through so many dumb arguments I have no idea. Man is a saint.

I'm a real Aussie because I live in the same area that Ned Kelly used to hide out from the cops.

I read a shit ton and this book is very low grade history. VERY low grade. It's a book to make simpletons feel smart.
Pic related one of my five shelves, plus I have books everywhere.

Attached: books2.jpg (1125x1500, 1.29M)

This book is racist to liberals because the premise is: “white people and whit cultures have been superior forever because they had the right kind of livestock and plants 2000 years ago”

I like reading about world history/world origin/ancient civs, what book would you recommend? Or how would you recommend starting my own personal library?

I liked it, but now that I know more its got some fake and gay shit in it.

bottom right in you're pic is gold. You and me would make good friends.

Which Osprey campaign book is that?

Jared Diamonds hypotheses put forth in this book have all been thoroughly debunked numerous times.

Truth hurts and does not care about feelings.

Them numbers

>zebras

africans didn't even domesticated the dog

Attached: file.png (254x1080, 164K)

racist dog shit book filled with hypothesis, none of which backed by science that was even contemporary at the time

Attached: ECbdlorXoAE_QE-.jpg (720x740, 66K)

Attached: 1566381620050.gif (375x250, 2.87M)

> ((( Jared Diamond )))
stopped reading there

>pseudoscience in response instead of sound intellectual arguments?

The funny part is that the left loves this book when it is precisely anti science and racist to boot. Actual anthropologists think it’s shit. Historians think it’s shit. Jared is a geographer who evidently tried to make a ‘just so’ story that absolves the rest of the world from failure while negating all influence of culture and choice in the west.

Trouble being in doing this he has to gloss over, rewrite history or actively denigrate the accomplishments of other peoples. For Jared’s story to work there can’t have been vast cities with cultivated crops in the north americas. The west can’t have colonized primarily through treaties and cooperation with existing power structures. And there can’t be resources that could have been cultivated or domesticated where there is none. Which is based on the entirely circular reasoning that if it were possible it would have happened.

This is garbage intellectual masturbation that doesn’t pass in any of the fields he’s talking about. It’s only popular because it fits the lefty counter response to the great man era of historical writing. It’s distilled white guilt.

>debunked memes and pseudoscience in response instead of sound intellectual argument
That's literally what the book is composed of.

Diaries of world leaders. Of course they are REDACTED to a degree. But nothing shows what is really going on like reading the daily meetings and discussions of people like James Forrestal right after WW2.
Chief of Staff memoirs like The Haldeman Diaries are great too.
I use for reference a good amount. I don't like to give one person too much of my time. Too many smart writers.
Which one? I have not read all of these books. Many I have, many like the memoirs are for reference a lot. Great for looking up what famous people had to say on a specific subject.
I do a lot of estate sales, so I know most of my books, but occasionally I'll have one where I have no clue where I got it or anything about it.
Usually I look up each book, but sometimes too busy.

Attached: Diaries.jpg (1500x1700, 1.6M)

You said one book, but I have too tough a time choosing.
I would say read The Haldeman Diaries if you want to know how the magic wand is waved. HR Haldeman orchestrated the biggest landslide in history for Nixon in '72.

For PURE history. The Forrestal Diaries. This tell you all you need to know about how the world works post WW2. He was Secretary of Navy and the first ever Secretary of Defense.

The ashes hadn't stopped falling in Hiroshima when bankers were in his office telling him to just HAND OVER the nuke technology to the Chinese and Soviets. Much interesting.

Attached: nixon.png (750x460, 50K)

Funnily egyptians probably domesticated cats, dogs and also had striped hyenas in hunting scenes (on the way to domestication). When you mention that people go ballistic and claim you can’t domesticate such an animal. Soviets tamed wild foxes in a few decades. Evolution works convergently and you see the same traits develop; neoteny, rounded ears, big faces, along with the behavior traits of low aggression.

It’s frankly bizarre to me that anyone can suggest it’s impossible to domesticate any animal when aurochs became cows and wolves dogs. It’s just not always been practical or cultural to do it for long enough to get the same results.

Horses were native to the north americas until 5000 years ago. They ate them all. What is the ‘just so’ narrative there, that negates culture? Nomadic steppes peoples in rotting furs managed to figure it out on the other side of the ocean, why not in North America?

Attached: 363AAD19-C688-4FF8-A028-87B3BA9DA1D6.jpg (1200x1255, 220K)

While those are just tame, reindeer are domesticated here. By a nomadic rotting fur wearing savage people.
Same shit here. Why not everywhere they exist then, Jared? They span the entire arctic.

youtu.be/qvaxPH3ftUQ

Attached: 1565156252567.jpg (1596x1296, 1.25M)

Attached: 6E56B586-5B00-4A58-9777-2DB64D967D11.jpg (600x419, 35K)

He's right about different environments being important, he's wrong insofar as he leaves out the fact that animals evolve and change depending on their environment. Essentially pointing to the cart and forgetting the horse.

Jewish (((Diamond))) anti European agitprop

Attached: 60BA0D87-50DC-4F06-A3AF-5FC6BEE2B265.jpg (320x213, 12K)

Very weak pop history type stuff.

Dogs are domestic wolves we changed them through selective breeding.
Pigs were wild boars

yup

Attached: file.png (1551x805, 1.46M)

Kikes.

Attached: 1552511230852.png (514x249, 93K)

Attached: file.png (662x5691, 856K)

The whole book is a giant circular argument

>these people excelled because they had guns germs and steel
>these people didn't
>why did these people have guns germs and steel
>because they excelled

>The ashes hadn't stopped falling in Hiroshima when bankers were in his office telling him to just HAND OVER the nuke technology to the Chinese and Soviets

can you please elaborate on this story?
this seems like it would be very big history but this is the first time ive ever heard of this

>sound intellectual arguments
>leftist faggotry
Nice joke petrol nigger

Attached: 1548776632457.png (1084x2340, 484K)

Rabbits
#reckd

I was prepared for the worst and still surprised when he pointed out that the book is almost entirely unsourced. I had an ebook saved of it that I didn't start yet, and yep, almost no references to any research. You could generously describe the book as a collection of musings at best.

he is not very scientific himself, "yoah these guys move through the jungle with such ease they must be as smart as everybody" "or the aborigines can survive in the desert where me and my wife (who went hiking across the desert with ONE bottle of water in the middle of the day) could not, they are intelligent", "its was hard to tame zebras in africa and also useless they are smaller than the modern European horse" forgets to mention germans in wwi rode zebras because they had no horses and it beats walking by foot

I would have to go back and read the details. Forrestal was a legit patriot and great man. He was against most of this stuff, but was surrounded by globalists and turncoats.

They fed him the line over and over again that we needed to bolster our allies with the technology in order to maintain the world order we had established. Forrestal didn't think it made any sense either. But he had no real control. But was expected as the first Secretary of Defense to help administrate it. I think they figured out he wasn't going to play ball much and went around him as the discussions (at least as presented to me in the book which states at the very first page that the DoD has redacted things for national security) about this subject with him ended abruptly.

I'm currently going through the Truman memoirs and we'll see what he has to say about it.

New World debunks it.

thats other thing he mentions african bufalos being very dangerous but says nothing about aurochs being just as mad but in steroids and still being domesticated, he as many instances where he picks and chooses the arguments in his favor

Henry Morgenthau mainly. Kinda weird why a banker and Secretary of the Treasury is involved in who gets the nuke and war tech. But that's very clear. Morgenthau is in there daily as the war winds down helping organize the aftermath.
>Morgenthau Plan
>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morgenthau_Plan

That book debunks itself in the fucking king intro

It’s a good book if you don’t take the environment is everything conclusion and instead acknowledge it as a factor

1)Jared Diamond is a kike.
2)His theory is btfo'd by zebras

Still it is nice to have a theory of the settling of the world that isn't
>muh iq
but unfortunately for brainlets it sure looks like iq is the leading success factor

Attached: Attach27070_20190509_002557.jpg (864x546, 195K)

The core thesis of the book, that geography can speed up / slow down technological development, is indisputably true.

He has the patience because he's a turbo autist, faggot (seriously). He does great work tho. Except for the whole "Irish people consider niggers in Ireland more Irish than me, therefore I'm no longer a White nationalist" bit.

>propose that geographical influences are the primary driver of the differential success of civilizations
>two of the three things mentioned in the title are technological developments, and the third didn't prevent Africa from being conquered despite the local advantage in that regard

that book is all about the noble savage narrative not about the offensive truth