Based College Majors

Hey lads just starting out my fall semester of college on Monday and wanted to know what the most based college major is. I'm a well rounded student so anything goes.

Attached: 1566097525430.jpg (437x431, 23K)

compsci/cyber sec
make it a goal to graduate in 3 years
do a few hackathons and internships youre guarenteed 6 figures

Business Administration, own the field and overview on economics and class.

Anything with engineering in the title. Civil, chemical, mechanical... take 20+ credits every semester. Courses outside curriculum should be computer science, robots maybe. get A's. Your hobbies should be directly related to your course work. Make only friends who do the same. Find a good Christian GF to keep you out of trouble.

Also, the GF should have wide, strong hips.

Accounting/CPA with an MBA

Best for making money?
Anything in tech or business.

Best for actually trying to learn something meaningful? Mathematics or philosophy.

NOT physics btw because modern physics is pants on head retarded and you have to be brain damaged to actually humor any of it.

comp sci/maths.
>If you do either of them do the other in parallel as a hobby
This is necessary.
>also they say trad girl don't exists

Attached: Screenshot 2019-08-25 at 9.45.23 AM.png (1422x826, 874K)

Gender studies.

>Business Administration,
>make it a goal to graduate in 3 years
>tfw did these and gonna have loans all paid off by end of year

Attached: n1qh3wIABC1r0hsb6o1_500.jpg (500x375, 20K)

Nursing

major in BBC studies

I majored Aerospace Engineering. Minor Astrophysics and Math graduated 3.5 years and I am now NASA

Medicine
Engineering
>everything else
Gender Studies

Interest subjects like Archaeology or Ancient History only if you dont need to earn an income.
Modern Physics and Mathematics are so theoretical multidimension-string shit to be 'counting angels on head of pin' divorced from reality and irrelevant outside the univrsiy circlejerk.

So the common consensus I'm seeing is Comp sci/math or business admin. I'm a califag if it helps

What about organizational management /project management?

>califag
MBA for a major tech company if possible.

If you get a engineering degree, you can literally do 95% of any possible job you actually wanted. Same cost, same length, different value. The other 5% are the rest of the non-meme degree choices, which are other STEM or high tier professions (lawyer)

College is a fucking racket though and do take it seriously. My 57k in loans ballooned to 87k after 5 years of compound interest. Holy fucking shit, this jewish black magic is crippling.

Attached: 1544320721230.jpg (1200x605, 69K)

Imagine doing compsci when pajeets will undercut you by 30% for the same job

How fucked is physcics?

>Accounting/CPA with an MBA
this

I'm in the same boat as you man. Freshman year starts Monday and I can't choose between mathematics and comp sci. Seems most people I know are similarly conflicted between passion and lucre. If you're interested in anything STEM don't consult /sci/, lot of falseflagging and high schoolers larping as PhDs there

>comp sci

Computer engineering, user

I feel like compsci is becoming too flooded. They'll have Raj in India do the work for 1/6 of the wages

Are you a white male?

Hard science with a practical application

no soft sciences

only humanities if you are going to law school

maybe Classics if its available and you really must take something in the Arts

>t. BA English BA Psychology MA English

For fuck's sake, don't take any bullshit major. Gender Studies and LibArts being the first and foremost that comes to mind.

Aside from that, I would take a look into how good you are with numbers, mathematics, pattern recognition, geometry and solving problems. This all might sound the same but they are different abilities thus if you are;
>Godly tier:
Any engineerings and IT
>Ace tier
Finances, Accounting, Industrial/Administrative Engineerings
>Normie tier
Optimization and automation
>Retard tier
Managing

I consider all of these respectable fields that are filled with a lot of stupid fucks nonetheless, but you won't be facing insuferable stupid fucks like in any other humanitites faculty.

Godspeed and put the best effort.

Chemistry PhD here. Would you like to know more?

Very based. I’m thinking of getting the MSA and CPA

This. Also you have to be level 10 autist if you do anything with computers past basic IT. Go to Jow Forums for more info.

I was originally thinking about doing history

Expect to teach history then.

Do students make drugs? Also I hear it's hard to get a job is it? Is phd just grant chasing.

go nuclear engineering.
when the greens finally take over most world politics and realize renewable resources won't power their iphones everything will be nuclear.

talk to a navy recruiter if you want. you can get access to high level security clearance with DOE access.

Have sex

Dont forget you have to compete with genuine autism on top of prototypical onions nerds who have been abusing amphetamines since elementary school

Attached: 1558727646316.jpg (1242x1224, 126K)

A lot of the compsci and IT fields are becoming flooded. These are the gas station attendant jobs of the next 30 years.

Anything that requires actual math that isn’t a math major.

Expect unemployment.

If you're going to start in less that 40 hours, don't pick a specific major like CS; you clearly aren't committed to it yet. Start off in any good "base" science like math or physics, and then after three semesters you should be able to segue into whatever you've found yourself to be passionate about, even if it's outside of the sciences.

Also, ignore all these people telling you to be devoted to study. If you don't have some good sex experiences in college you'll be fucked for years afterword. Plan specifically for "sex" time, including working out, activities to meet girls, etc.

Attached: 1508644077629.jpg (1475x1837, 1.95M)

Also a consideration. Thing is I'm still not entirely sure of the differences between the two, and most sources don't show too significant of a disparity in employability or income between the two
That's sort of what I'm fearing as well, though a flood implies plenty of inept losers that will be easy to compete against

There are cases of that happening. One graduate student was making drugs on the side and blew up his hood from an uncontrolled exotherm.

With regards to job prospects, there are many actually, it's just that you NEED to NETWORK throughout your PhD. The academic and government paths right now are shit tough now though, industry is blooming with startups for now with the economy doing well. Major companies are however restructuring so it's tough to say. I love it though, I fell ass first into every position and position I have gotten.

Attached: 1565927542763.jpg (500x501, 84K)

There is a good chance you do something completely unrelated to your degree, but that's ok. I was a political science major, and graduated with a decent GPA. Now just one summer later I've got my own business, have all my student loans payed off, and hope to be buying a house within the next year. I don't regret getting my unrelated degree, because it helped me with writing, group projects, time management, etc.

Attached: 51496029_797073443975588_1149138218239655936_o.jpg (1080x1078, 194K)

Position and patent

fuck off NASA we know you're a scam. give us our billions back

Comp sci is software, computer engineering is hardware. However to me, computer engineer is just a mix of computer science and electrical engineering, both very good degrees individually already. EE is a very top tier degree, also.

Supply Chain Logistics is the shit. Add a Data Analytics specialty.

Instead of college I wish I had spent the money on licenses:
>pilot's license
>real estate license
>commercial driver's license
>adjusting license
>rope and harness certification
>crane operator's license
>private investigator's license
>massage certification
>skydiving instructor certification
>licensed contractor
You'd never be without a job and you would never be bored.

Attached: sky king.jpg (1920x1080, 187K)

Go shart in the Mart

Only do an MSA if you've already got a bachelors and are doing a career change. The MSA is just a bachelors program condensed into a year.

Is that a blue collar hate comment? I don't know how some people can get a job or 'career' that has you doing the same shit for 30 years...

I was a math major. I was recruited to a major WS bank from a PhD program, so only have MS. I was a quant,. but became a trader. Now trade my own money. I think math is a good major, as it's not politicized and it teaches you to think. You don't have to do math after school, it helps in other fields. I know people in oil industry and a lot of people on WS are former math majors. The problem with using math without understanding it is obvious. Engineers suffer from this. I basically make money on fuck up of people like that. The corner cases are a bitch for people who don't understand math.

no one said math you stupid faggot, why does every retard do math and then cry that they can't get a job in a math factory.