New York to desegregate public schools by stopping selection

>A group of selective schools and programs geared to students labeled gifted and talented is filled mostly with white and Asian children. The rest of the system is open to all students and is predominantly black and Hispanic.

>Now, a high-level panel appointed by Mayor Bill de Blasio is recommending that the city do away with most of these selective programs in an effort to desegregate the system, which has 1.1 million students and is by far the largest in the country.

70% of public school children are black or Hispanic but these make up 20% of the selective public school children.

>Gifted programs and screened schools have “become proxies for separating students who can and should have opportunities to learn together,” the panel, made up of several dozen education experts, wrote in the report.

Attached: 1b.jpg (671x446, 58K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ny1.com/nyc/all-boroughs/news/2019/08/26/gifted-and-talented-programs-nyc-public-schools-panel-recommends-ending-them
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>70% of public school children are black or Hispanic
This boggles my mind. Maybe it's because I live far as fuck away from New York, but I just felt denial reading this at first.

Reddit is skeptical about whether diversity is a strength.

If integrating public schools holds the more advanced students back then doesn't integrating different populations hold the more advanced populations back?

Attached: 121.png (954x443, 36K)

New York yuppie liberals push this multikulti shit for everyone else but then keep their kids out of it. This should be a good redpill for the kids to realize their parents are hypocrites and assholes when they fight to keep segregation in-place when it finally impacts THEM and THEIR kids.

They will likely send their kids to pricate schools or move out if they can't afford to.

bump

lol , libtard btfoed

bump

Whites mainly go to private school, especially in NYC and the surrounding areas, where most of the population is. My public school was 95% White and I live ~50mi from NYC

Reddit probably wouldn't have wanted at all to be with the "dumb kids" back then, and rationalizes their better performance as some kind of superiority that has nothing to do with genetics

>rationalizes their better performance as some kind of superiority that has nothing to do with genetics

Any way you slice it, niggers are the problem.

bump

dont have kids so i dont care right now.
if i do have kids im most likely homeschooling

Why do you faggots give a shit about these things when you
>dont live in the area
>dont have kids and prob never will
>dont vote

It's just interesting.

>70% of public school children are black or Hispanic but these make up 20% of the selective public school children.

Attached: 6411477.jpg (300x300, 13K)

huh. ive barely been on reddit for years except occasional civ5 or rimworld research or something similar. is reddit actually getting less liberal? is the left losing its foothold?

They are ultra-liberal in theory but not in practice when it actually affects them.
Its probably more liberal than a few years ago because they banned a lot of right users.

One reason more to do homeschooling

last bump

Link?

search it

Bribes and cheating your way through school is much easier.

I found one, you faggot. The reason I asked is they've been talking about doing this for years and part of your job as being a non-faggot OP is providing a source.
ny1.com/nyc/all-boroughs/news/2019/08/26/gifted-and-talented-programs-nyc-public-schools-panel-recommends-ending-them

I think America had a noose around its neck since the 1960s, ever since politicians and businessmen discovered they could just set up an iron triangle for their interests the country has been paralyzed except in cases where it needs to cough up money or resources earned via American blood.

Ah well, even the Roman Republic fell after a good run. You guys should really head over to New Zealand since all the world leaders are gonna try flooding there anyways.

Attached: shadman.jpg (1182x524, 134K)

Attached: 1566375656808.jpg (563x843, 65K)

The red-pilling of Asian Americans is inevitable.

DESPITE BEING SEVENTY PERCENT OF THE POPULATION

The proper counter-argument when dealing with a tard is a tard argument
>Putting gifted kids in normal schools so that black/hispanic kids stay at the bottom of the class instead of being at the top? Dats rayciss!